Floyd Mayweather Jr

Any of you guys watch the fight last night?

Thought it was a good fight. Floyd was a bit off the pace at the start of the fight, but as the fight progress you really could see his class. It's a shame he didn't get a KO win though he definitely had him rocked at one stage.

I believe he's the best boxer in the world atm and it's going to be a big loss to boxing once he retires.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't like him for obvious reasons, but yeah... he's damn good. Of course he is past prime, but far from being shot. Guerrero has some heart, but Floyd is too damn fast and too good for him. Wasn't really hyped for the fight to be honest... and i have to admit, i found it a bit boring. The thing with Manny lost too much steem, i now want Money vs Canelo, Cinco de Mayo. Floyd with no fight in between, Canelo another can maybe, don't care.

The guy single handed had control over the biggest boxing match of the era and didn't allow it to happen. Boxing and its fans isn't losing anything except a greedy fighter to send their money to. At best his ego wouldn't allow him to split profits for one damn fight for the betterment of the sport and its fans. At worst he ducked the fight and is cherry picking his way to the title of greater boxer ever over people who did more to earn the moniker.

• Downvote 1

i think the announcers were more biased than a horny teenager watching jenna jameson.... i hate fighters that just back up the entire fight. and its a horrible tell when money leans foreward. 70% of the time hes gonna lean lean lean then after a short delay of leaning he throws a right hand. very repetitious with that technique he is.

I don't think Floyd can be considered the greatest ever no matter what his record ends up being. Fact is boxing is weak now, and being undefeated against a bunch of "good" boxers but not many HOF worth boxers doesn't really make you great IMO.

The shame of it is, I think he's brilliant in the ring and has potential to be great. Would've been interesting to see how he would've fared against the true greats of the weight. His lack of power and punch out-put probably would've been his un-doing but he is so brilliant defensively and has a great jab so never know....

I agree he probably ducked Manny but I think that fight was a terrible match-up for Pacman and he would've gotten shredded anyway

• Downvote 2

He might have beat Pacman. The problem is once Pacman lost that was going to be everyones opinion even if he would have raped FMJ. If it would have been FMJ who lost I am willing to bet everyone would find it hard to imagine him beating Pacman. Once the hype is gone people see it different. In reality Pacman losing has nothing to do with how he would do against FMJ. Honest this is exactly what we all knew would happen. FMJ was looking for paydays and coast through his fights. While Pacman was out trying to prove something. We all knew who was more likely to lose. The one looking for the tough fights. It was just a waiting game for Floyyd. I would like to call him a con man. But it is just the nature of boxing. That's why I stopped watching many years ago.

• Downvote 1

Don't like him for obvious reasons, but yeah... he's damn good. Of course he is past prime, but far from being shot. Guerrero has some heart, but Floyd is too damn fast and too good for him. Wasn't really hyped for the fight to be honest... and i have to admit, i found it a bit boring. The thing with Manny lost too much steem, i now want Money vs Canelo, Cinco de Mayo. Floyd with no fight in between, Canelo another can maybe, don't care.

Floyd would beat Canelo easy. I scored Canelo's last fight a draw, and even though Austin Trout is a great boxer Floyd is on a higher level. The fight would make a huge amount of money though considering the fan base that Canelo can bring to the table and Mayweathers drawing ability, but If Mayweather leaves Showtime after his next fight then none of that really matters.

There's been rumours that apparently Amir Khan wants Floyd Mayweather Jr in 2014. That would be an easy win for "Money". Khan didn't impress me in his last fight and he was really lucky that he didn't get KO'd. He got rocked a couple of times and dropped in 1 of the middle rounds.

I heard that rumor and it wouldn't surprise me at all. Mayweather said somewhere that he wanted his next fight to be in England and that fight would be a big deal over there. May would win that fight easily and its a fight that Boxing fans aren't really interested in but its the fight that Boxing fans have come to expect from him as of late. Plus with Amir's terrible chin, we might actually see a Floyd knockout.

I used to be a big fan of Floyd, he made me some nice pocket cash once. But the more he talks the more I start to hate him.

I dislike the way he acts outside the ring (mainly, the fact that he beat his wife) but I usually just ignore his attitude (and his fights tbh). He is the best fighter in the game but he rarely challenges himself.