How do you rate orgs?

UniConor

So, if you didn't know. You can rate orgs by clicking the contracts page and then clicking the red cross and the green tick. But you already know that am I right? Damn right I am.

Anyway, so I'm the sucker that rates all 10 out of politeness, and then if I have a bad experience with an org owner. I'm the dick that

http://i.gyazo.com/f0573c49d37b7861f068b4f2f2ab3ea0.png

Gives a 1 rating. But I was thinking to myself, this isn't really representative, there is all these numbers to choose from and I just choose the highest or the lowest, when really that isn't really my experience with the org at all.

So do you guys do the same as me? Or do you rate them fairly? What are the signs of a good org getting towards 10? And what are the signs of a bad org?

Maybe their could be a rating scale I could refer too like a good org with good matchmaking being an 8 and then one with great write ups is a 10?

Just want your guys opinions on this, making it easier to tell orgs apart from the ratings.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you want to see if an org is good, I would advice to look on the forums, ask around, look at their roster,..

as an example, if you see that the org has many inactive and retired fighters, that's mostly not a good sign.

as for the rating of the org, as far as I see it, as long as it's above 90%, that is ok. It doesn't really mean that an org with 98% rating is certainly better than one with a 91% rating. If people could write a small review, that would be more interesting than just a % in my opinion

Yeah the ratings down mean too much to me unless they are really low. Especially considering how many alliance orgs are out there. The roster and the competition is what matters. Obviously if an org owner is a complete dick I might rate them down but I don't think I have ever given out a bad rating.

I don't rate every contract but my rating system looks something like this:

1: I have a terrible time dealing with this org, I would consider this org garbage and on top of not resigning my fighter I can say I would never want to deal with the org owner again in any way. I've yet to rate an org a 1 and I would say it would take a solid effort to earn a rating this low from me.

2-4: bad experience, was given frequent mismatches and the owner does not appear to be active with the org at all to try and make the experience better.

5-7: less the ideal but fine, I may have been given some mismatches but it was not frequent and made sense when looking at the roster, I usually wouldn't actually rate this contract since every org like this has been rated 80%+ so far and my rating would actually work to lower the satisfaction rate. I will resign this contract if offered but if they forget to renegotiate I may or may not seek them out. This is the average here, a lot of contract end like this.

8-10: good experience, as above some mismatches can still happen so long as it's not frequent and it made sense. The org owner is active with the fighters and tries to make the fighting experience worthwhile. I vote on this assuming my vote will raise the current rating(I won't vote and 8 if the org have a 90%+ rating already) and I will seek to sign my fighter if they do not renegotiate I will send them a message and I'm likely to be willing to send other fighters this way.

I give orgs a good look before I look to sign so I'm going to say I don't deal with the 5- orgs very often. I also don't rate until after my first 3 fights at least to make sure I have some idea on what the org is all about.

They also blend a bit mostly depending on the owner. if I get frequent mismatches but the org owner appears active with the org I'm likely to consider it a 2-4 and not resign my fighter but when rating but I'll give it a higher rating that's still lower then the current average, for example an org with an 75% rating will get a 6 instead of a 4 since it's still enough to lower the average but the blow will be softened since the owner is trying.

• Upvote 2

They sit unrated throughout my first contract - UNLESS they do something massively awesome or dicknoserish. Then they get a 10 or a 1, respectively.

If I sign a 2nd contract it means they're good for me and I mark them 10. No in betweens. Either you're Rad or you're not Rad, K?

• Upvote 2

I always take a good look at the org before entering my fighter, so I never really had any problems at all with org owners. I also look at how much effort they put in it and if I see that they really try very hard , but make a small mistake or something, I'm not going to give them a bad rating because of that.

I generally rate an org 10 if i see a good smack talk thread where i can get involved in and i can see the org owner is making an effort to promote his org.

As an ex org owner, i know how hard it is to not only run a very good org but to maintain it.

If there isn't any interaction per say (such as lack of smack talk or communication) but the org offers good fights, i generally won't rate them as i dont feel they are worth 10 but they aren't worth a bad rating either. They are my "ordinary" orgs which are just there to offer good fights but with lack of interaction.

It takes a lot for me to rate you a 1, and i have only had to do it to a few orgs who don't reply to PM's or concerns about feedback. Needless to say i don't re-sign with those orgs and most of them don't last long anyway.

I start with 10 everytime and if I feel like things are not working with the org in question I slowly proceed to drop that number. Very rarely I give anything under 5 because I think to give that the org or the owner has to be a complete disaster.

I am the asshole who first gives 1 and then gives 10 if the experience is satisfactory.There's no in between.lol

I would love to hear your reasoning behind this idiocy. I know you gave me 1 (for a brief perioid of time I kept you around) when I started Choke and I dont know why would anyone want to destroy some new orgs satisfaction rating just like that? Where's the benefit? I know many dont even look at those ratings but I know many does (I do) and when a new org only has couple votes it doesnt look too good when one dummy decides to go off the rails like that.

• Upvote 3

I think a Yes or No rating would be highly suitable because that's exactly how I feel about orgs.

EDIT: I'd love an org manager's 'YES/NO' tool for managers too. So when I get fed up with some fucking entitled primadonna princess manager I can mark him as NO and his fighters no longer come up in search or for contract renewal, etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think a Yes or No rating would be highly suitable because that's exactly how I feel about orgs.

EDIT: I'd love an org manager's 'YES/NO' tool for managers too. So when I get fed up with some fucking entitled primadonna princess manager I can mark him as NO and his fighters no longer come up in search or for contract renewal, etc.

ha ha that be a great addition :thumbup: but generally i can remember the the pain in the ass managers I be like searching o feck this guy ever again :sad01_anim: .I have a few divas in my org but i generally i give then the mickeyhart pimp hand slap across the face if they start acting up :shades: . generally i dont rate orgs but i should start. unless there really bad or really good i don't bother.i dont think i have ever be in one that deserve a 1 yet but you never know that org could be around the corner

I generally rate good orgs i can recommend with 10 cause well it is just a problematic system and you do good orgs no favour by giving them an 8 with good intentions lol, trying to be precise. Ok orgs i never rated, just bad ones but i don't try that many, just sign where i know the owner is legit and has made himself a good name already. This is just something you can't change, Mike won't be able to find a better system there. "Can you recommend this org, yes/no" might be an option but in the end it is all the same.

it's ridicilous to give either a 1 or a 10. why would someone do that? As you know very well, having an org and doing good takes a lot of time and effort. The least the managers who have fighters at your org can do, is to give you a fair rating right? Don't understand me wrong; I believe that I have a great relationship with the managers at my org. I just mean in general that it doesn't make sense that someone wouldn't give 2,3,...,9 because he/she wants to give only 1 or 10.

what does that mean when he wants to give you either 1 or 10... ? That he'll give you 1 if he is for 95% happy with your org?? C'mon man... If someone wants to be critic, sure, but handing out only 1 or 10 ratings is just disrespectful

• Upvote 1

Krad decent idea but I think it would be abused way too much. Someone makes a mistake or is lynched in the forums wrongly could end up blacklisted from a lot of orgs. With how fast someone is assumed to have multies if the slighted thing appears out of order you could really stunt someone's expierence.

The idea would be that stays only with the org owner/manager, there would be no need for it to come to the forums and the lynch mob to get out their pitchforks.

I could just tick the 'fuck this guy' button and like the ignore function on these forums, I'd not have to deal with the dick in question again, even by accident! I have about a half dozen guys who I constantly see with fighters on the 'need a contract' list but there's no chance I'll purposely offer a contract, only by accident.

I hated that shit until it happened to me.... Once you raised your rating up i knew i was good because i got a good rating from the hardest critic in the game lol

Cmon son. I personally knew I did a stellar job with my org without the Indian e-gangster giving me a 10 (which he did eventually). I mean whats the damn point in giving a 1 from the jump? He needs attention or something? I give him a contract and money which he agreed to and he repays the favor with a shit org rating for other managers to see.

• Upvote 2