CURRENT INTERVIEW FROM January 21, 2016

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/31/31b33.jpg

LUCAS LODANO

REPORTER: After a 2015 which saw you lose six times, including one string of three consecutive losses, you start out 2016 with a win. Any comments on the fight?

LODANO: Not really the fight per se. My boy Machine Gun publicly wished me luck. I had to come through with the win after such niceties. In fact, I think he fights in less than 24 hours. Good luck to RP from me, the G powered children's book author. Keep it G, RP.

REPORTER: So, what's next?

LODANO: The same as always. Working on my two passions: mma and writing. As stated before, I want to put myself in position to be awarded a title fight offer at MFN. Whether by a seemingly divine series of occurrences as was the case at TTFC or because I am the King Gladiator among boys as was the case at EFC, we see that I have done well when title fight time rolls around.

REPORTER: What advice do you normally give your younger fans, both youthful mma enthusiasts and the actual target audiences of your children's books?

LODANO: A lot of it is related to choosing to be a good reader. Even if you know college education isn't your cup of tea, it always pays to be well read. Something I have been telling people of all ages a lot recently is to actually develop and nurture your strengths. It is true that a person seriously needs to have an understanding of his or her weaknesses. However, many a person has not reached his or her full potential because they focused too much on weaknesses as opposed to operating out of and developing their strengths. Also, although it has been kind of corny, I have coined the new phrase "Keep it G." For my Silly Bully fans it means keep it G-rated. For my mma fans it means you better watch out for my fists that can knock a G out.

• Upvote 2

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS/OVERVIEW last updated: January 21, 2016

Record 27 wins and 9 losses

Record in title fights 15 wins and 3 losses

Record in Olympics 0 wins and 1 loss

Longest winning streak 17 wins (September 1, 2013 - August 30, 2014)

Longest losing streak 3 losses (April 14, 2015 - June 13, 2015)

Fights finished in 3 minutes or less 10 fights (Most recent occurrence = August 30, 2014)

Fights that have gone to decision 2 fights (Most recent occurrence = October 17, 2015)

RECORD BY ORG

1 win 2 losses KINGS OF THE BRONX (August 3, 2013 - September 1, 2013)

7 wins 0 losses BRUTAL ALLIANCE OF MIXED MARTIAL ARTS (October 23, 2013 - February 21, 2014) 4 title fight wins

7 wins 0 losses EVOLUTION FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP (March 22, 2014 - June 21, 2014) 6 title fight wins

4 wins 1 loss WARZONE (August 9, 2014 - November 22, 2014) 1 title fight loss

2 wins 1 loss WORLDWIDE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP (February 21, 2015 - April 14, 2015) 2 title fight wins & 1 title fight loss

5 wins 4 losses TEAM THOMAS FIGHT CLUB (May 23, 2015 - December 19, 2015) 3 title fight wins & 1 title fight loss (UPG Olympic Event appearance as TTFC rep = 0 wins 1 loss)

1 win 0 losses MONTREAL FIGHT NIGHTS (January 20, 2016 - present)

FROM MARCH 7, 2014

LUCAS LODANO: "I am not one for talking much smack especially in a first fight in which I am scoping out my new surroundings. However, the management has just been begging me to make some comments. Okay, even if I have to do it in Helsinki instead of my home turf of London or the org home of St. Petersburg, I will earn my ninth straight win by knockout. Oh yeah, that also means I am the Heavyweight you all be gunning for as I suppose that will make me the king to be crowned on March 22nd."

FROM MARCH 15, 2014

LUCAS LODANO: "I see that two of my former foes will make their EFC debuts before me. In fact, De Touro got back on the winning streak in the kickoff EFC event. Even though I won't be paying attention to the fights since they are in St Petersburg and I will be focusing on training, I wish my former org mates at BAMMA well as they face each other. If I secure this belt on March 22 as I certainly plan to do, I may get to see you in the cage again....hopefully in LONDON."

FROM MARCH 22, 2014

MEDIA SESSION WITH LUCAS LODANO

Reporter: First of all, we are kind of surprised that you agreed to do this interview. You do indeed appreciate your fans and know the business end, so you are never completely silent. Nevertheless, you usually will not sit down for an extended period of time for an interview instead releasing statements or making brief comments.

Lodano: I can change my mind if you want me to. Seriously, I realize that I am considered a big signing for EFC. So, while I have not proven anything yet, if I win my fight not only will the fandamonium increase, but I may be in a position where the org or my manager makes meeting with reporters mandatory. I figure I might as well ease in to it so that if I do win, certain things will be done on my terms.

Reporter: Almost everyone is a fan of your amazing knockout power, myself included. That is kind of presumptuous, however, to refer to yourself as a big signing when you are not even a main or co-main event. Does that bother you at all?

Lodano: Actually, it does not. Literally, not all. I know you may think I am saying this to please management or be polite, but I am glad that there will be two fights after I hopefully secure the heavyweight title. Don't get me wrong, I can handle the limelight of headlining an event. I somewhat consider myself a student of mma. With two fights after mine, I can actually sit and watch those two fights and learn from those matches even if they are no where close to being heavyweights. When I headline an event, I am so keyed in on my own fight that I don't get to watch any of the other fights.

Reporter: So, are you like a fanboy or something? In recent comments issued by you from your gym, you essentially made a call out to Demetrious Smiff and Aldebaran De Touro.

Lodano: Well, I definitely have respect for those guys especially Smiff. Even though I am at a point in my career where I seem to be mowing guys down including taking those two out in less than two minutes, I feel I learned a lot about conducting myself as a fighter from Smiff. I may lose some fans because this may sound like sentimental garbage to some, but I think my fan base knows I am a thinker...and those that don't at least know I can bring the pain when in the cage. I have always been one to acknowledge the fans but for whatever reason once I beat Smiff I was a little too high on myself and the fans took notice. Smiff actually helped that not become as much of a debacle as it could have been by classily saying "Dude is a real 'G'. Give it up for him y'all."

Reporter: You kind of talk a lot for someone who doesn't like to give real interviews. Anyhow, are you a real "G"?

Lodano: No, but I know how to knock a G out. Seriously, I do wonder if part of the reason for management making arrangements for me to leave New York and train out of London was to get away from an environment in which the gangster life might be alluring. My manager, Rogelio Cottonfloss, at the time had all his fighters, except for me, training and fighting in Los Angeles and Las Vegas. When it came time to move, I for sure thought he would take me to train in Las Vegas where he is involved in the org scene or his stomping grounds of Los Angeles.

Reporter: Speaking of your manager, he had you fight early and you suffered two early losses before your inner "G" in the ring seemed to come out. Were you ever thinking of quitting?

Lodano: A better question is to see if my manager was ever thinking of dropping his New York experiment. Although I did wonder why I got the fight I did for my second fight although I lost my debut, I was never considering ducking the fight or quitting. As soon as I tasted victory, things turned around quite quickly.

Reporter: So, do you want to call out your opponent or say anything about the fight itself?

Lodano: Not really.

Reporter: Ah, I guess this is what I was expecting more from you, except I thought a student of mma might have more to say.

Lodano: There is a reason he is in this title fight. Just as I have the lethal hands to knock a G out, he has lethal head kicks that I will need to avoid.

Reporter: Are you aware that he has never been knocked out?

Lodano: I am aware of that. With that being said, I will simply work my game plan and avoid his lethal head kicks.

Reporter: Well, I guess since your answers are getting shorter I will take my leave. Good luck at Crown the King.

Lodano: Thank you. Hopefully I win and hopefully instead of being a face that the EFC needs to parade around to all its cities and markets, which I will do if necessary as the King, the crowned King will have the clout to say all roads that lead to securing the EFC belt go through LONDON. Mad love to all the fans. Good luck, but not enough to win, to Edvan. Be sure to read a book to your children tonight.

FROM APRIL 4, 2014

REPORTER: Hello again Lucas. I guess you are okay with doing the interview circuits now.

LODANO: Well, as I mentioned previously, it is something both the org and my management appreciate. Furthermore, I am a thinker. So while the fact I am a thinker often causes me to keep my mouth shut, I do have stuff to say when I finally speak up.

REPORTER: So, is this a special fight for you?

LODANO: What do you mean? Every fight is special. Or no fight is special. Or your next fight is special. Unless you are referring to my opportunity to win ten fights in a row by knockout, I am not quite sure what you are referring to.

REPORTER: Well, that is part of what I was getting at. I mean that is amazing to even have five knockouts in a row. However, I was also referring to the fact that Aldebaran De Touro is your opponent. This will be the first time you have fought a fighter you have previously. Furthermore, De Touro is on record as one of two fighters you seem to have publicly asserted an appreciation of.

LODANO: Well, I suppose you can indeed use the word "special". This will be a chance for me to see if I can duplicate a win against a fighter I faced previously. Furthermore, while I still think both De Touro and I will utilize similar gameplans as in our first bout, as Chris Garcia said, "...now they are both different fighters." Whether or not you agree with that, we have indeed matured and we should be able to offer a solid fight.

REPORTER: Last time you faced De Touro, he was undefeated. Last time you beat him, he reeled off two more losses before returning to winning ways. Do you think that will affect him.

LODANO: It is hard to say that it won't affect him. However, a belt is on the line. He is also back to winning. Furthermore, although he will take any win he can, I am sure he is eager to submit me. So, unless I can knock him down in the first five seconds of the fight, I highly doubt a previous losing streak will affect his mindset at all.

REPORTER: As a closing question, what are your goals for this fight aside from winning?

LODANO: Well, as you alluded to winning is the goal. So, the main goal is to win the belt utilizing a smart gameplan. However, if the flow of the fight allows, my goal is to finish the fight before the third round. And, yes, getting this tenth win by knockout is on my radar.

REPORTER: Actually, one more question: Which title do you prefer we utilize for you: King or Gladiator.

LODANO: If I win, I suppose it will be King Gladiator. Tune in for a battle of gladiators with the King's belt on the line...and remember to read your children a book tonight.

FROM APRIL 27, 2014

ROGELIO COTTONFLOSS on behalf of LUCAS LODANO

"Lucas Lodano has opted not to do an interview this time. Since he has become accustomed to having longer sit-down chats with the media and has opted not to do so this time, he simply wanted me to let the people know that he will be ready and prepared to valiantly defend his title even as he has allowed me to forthrightly acknowledge the rumors that he slowed down training due to certain Easter observances he involved himself in. Lodano still makes no secrets of the fact that he awaits the day when EFc will allow him to fight in London, but apparently has been received well in St. Petersburg."

FROM MAY 30, 2014

REPORTER: Is it true that you are planning to leave EFC?
LODANO: I have a fight scheduled, hence the reason you are even interviewing me, and I am on contract with EFC. I have informed management that if I lose my belt, I may only stay for one additional fight. I have done this that way if I do leave management and I are on good terms and my fans can know I wasn't leaving due to sour grapes. However, I ask you a question: Do you think I am planning on losing? So, no, I am not planning to leave EFC.
REPORTER: Disregarding your early fights, your next opponent may have been the toughest fight you had previously. You were not able to defeat him until late in the third round.
LODANO: You are correct that De Moraes is an opponent that presents a certain challenge and can hold his own in the cage. He has done his work and shown that he was worthy of his initial title fight offer as well as worthy of getting this shot again. He will definitely be hungry and looking to get in a lethal head kick on me.
REPORTER: Obviously we have grown to enjoy when we get to have these sit down sessions with you, but I hadn't even asked you a question yet. Anyhow, what is your strategy?
LODANO: Well, in one sense it is the same as when he and I faced each other previously. Avoid his lethal head kicks and just fight according to my strategy.
REPORTER: You are still the only person to knockout De Moraes and you are on a twelve fight knockout streak. Will you be looking for a knockout again? Also, does the fact you knocked down De Moraes six times in the previous bout increase or decrease your confidence in getting a knockout?
LODANO: I try to fight smart and I try to fight quick. It may be in my best interest to try to get to the clinch sooner than the second round as De Moraes has won his past four fights quickly in the first round. However, just like I did last fight, I will take into consideration what is unfolding in the fight and operate accordingly. As to the knockouts, up to this point I have avoided any situations in which the outcome was left in the hands of the judges. I may have some tricks up my sleeve if a fight requires it, but we know I am best when I try to utilizing the G-knockout power appropriately. I suppose there is a slight increase in confidence due to what happened regarding knockdowns in the previous fight.
REPORTER: Thank you for your time.
LODANO: You are welcome. Keep on reading to your children and keep on enjoying mma.

MEDIA SESSION WITH ROGELIO COTTONFLOSS, THE MANAGER OF LUCAS LODANO

REPORTER: So ruor has it you are having this sit down with us because Lucas Lodano will be allowing himself to do the media circuits again. Anyhow, what have you been up to and what has Lucas been up to?

COTTONFLOSS: Do you want short quick hit answers or answers that hype Lodano?

REPORTER: Frankly, we will take either. I get the sense that like Lodano you don't talk much but when you get going you keep flowing.

COTTONFLOSS: Well, outside of the cage, earlier this year afer finally arriving home in New York, Lodano actually finsihed at ;east one children's book that will be released soon. To be honest, I think that is why he is going on the media circuits again soon. While I suppose it is not standard to have mma fighter on your resume when you are a children's author, Lodano felt it wouldn't be right to be hush hush with his mma fans while pushing for slaes of his books. On the other hand, Lodano has always been one for pushing literacy with young children and parents reading to their children.

REPORTER: Speaking of New York, you have left the Las Vegas scene and Los Angels scene entirely and gone to New York. How did you get from having one experimental New York fighter in Lucas Lodano, who you shipped to London, to rquiring all your fighters to train out of New York?

COTTONFLOSS: That one can require a bit of a longer answer. As you know, in this mmatycoon world we are not only managers but try to be business men tycoons. Interestingly enough my organzation involvement saw me in St Petersburg just as the period in which Lodano actually engaged with the media was when he was signed with the St Petersburg based organization. So, I had the privilege of running New Generation Fighters (NGF) for a time. While I had certain challenges that did see NGF pass from my hands into the hands of, interestingly enough, Chris Garcia, we saw some success with NGF including a brief stint as the number 1 org with the help of Aaron ThaiGuy. I arrived as owner of NGF on May 16, 2014 and Lucas Lodano seems to have done his last media session on May 30, 2014. Whereas my leaving the org scene saw me laying low, Lucas Lodano signed with prominent org Warzone. Little did I know that by the end of 2014 he would need to look for a new home. Perhpas it was a goo dthing so he wouldn't be in Amsterdam for too long. It was about April of this year when Bjorn O'Donnell reached out to me to write for New York Fight Nights. While that was abrief stint, it was at that time I relocated to New York and that Lucas Lodano saw his org at the time, Worldwide Fighhting Championship, fall under new ownership that released him. Although other considerations I will not divulge here came into play, Lodano had a chance tyo sign with Team Thomas Fight Club and indeed did so. And so now we are happy family, I guess you could say, finally with our own private gym.

REPORTER: That was a bit of a longer answer. Anyhow....

COTTONFLOSS. Oh yeah, before you move on I got to do some of my manager plugs. So, while all my fighters now train out of aLion's mma with a handful of Bjorn's fighters, Lodano's sparring partners are actually Sami Sykloni, Benjamin Bengazzoni, Blake Bender, and a new fighter who will do a QFC shortly. Maybe I need to change things up and put him in the circuit with Pierre, Lester, Udo, and Devon.

REPORTER: Okay, you can stop your name dropping and let's get back to Lodano. Lodano has been impressive in his career, but has his recent losing streak validated your previous care to make sure he trained anywhere but New York?

COTTONFLOSS: I guess we can ask some questions of how I have managed him when he is in New York. We will both need to figure things out, but at least he got a W by way of knockout in his most recent fight. We are going to allow him to take a few flights to Australia, the main non-US market where he will promote his book. If he starts rattling off wins agian I know you will come to be me talking about my genius and the G=power we have come tyo know and love from Lodano. If not, I am sure they will be jokes about how a children's author has no place in mma.

REPORTER: Well, thank you for your time. Do you have an exact date when Lodano will share an interview.

COTTONFLOSS: I don't have a definitive answer for you, but he is actually considering doing an interview from one of his upcoming plane flights to or from Sydney. Even if he has a formidable opponent and manager in his next fight against Philip Dyson, Lodano wants his fans to know he will be poised and ready to throw down even if we are allowing him to lose some training time.

Damn long read only read half of it haha

I always followed him after he beat my guy Don Diego, Diego was am170lbs guy and just had KO'd the undefeated 21-0 heavyweight Champion Vengar..

The size and strength was too much and Lodano crushed Diego..

Good luck in the future.

Damn long read only read half of it haha

I always followed him after he beat my guy Don Diego, Diego was am170lbs guy and just had KO'd the undefeated 21-0 heavyweight Champion Vengar..

The size and strength was too much and Lodano crushed Diego..

Good luck in the future.

Thank you for taking time to comment. Yeah, Lodano had actually been signed to a one fight contract to face Venger after he beat his current opponent. (If i won my fight, I agreed Lodano would sign on longer because I would not have the org put in position to strip the belt.)

As you know, reality was that Don Diego was his next opponent instead. I had wondered if Diego would be fast enough to turn out to be a formidable opponent for Lodano.

Some measure of apologies that Lodano has started losing once you started following his career.

• Upvote 1

REPORTER: We are sitting here with mma superstar, and, interestingly enough, children's author, Lucas Lodano. Lodano has recently ended his longest losing streak with a win over Spurt Reynolds. We find ourselves, however, joining Lucas on a private jet flight to Sydney to promote his children's books.

Lucas, thank you for not only allowing us to interview you, but to join you on your flight to Sydney as you promote your children's book series The Adventures and Misadventures of Silly Billy.

LODANO: You are welcome. I wanted to do something special for my mma fans especially since it would eventually leak out how vocal I am in promoting my Silly Billy and his adventures and misadventures.

REPORTER: Obviously this will be a friendly interview, especially since you have had such an amazing career. However, we do have to start with comments on the six losses that are on your resume. The first two we can argue are due to your manager throwing you to the wolves so to speak. However, I am sure you are aware that your record is only 2-3 in fights that have occurred in your home state of New York. Including your loss at TTFC Invades Montreal 18, you have a 2-4 record with New York based orgs. Can you shed any light on why you seem to be less successful in your home state?

LODANO: I sometimes think of my career as having started when I beat Steven Johnson in my third fight. That was when, I suppose, we could say I knew I would actually have a career in this wonderful sport of mma. As soon as I won that, however, it seemed that Rogelio shipped my away from New York. It may have been one of the best decisions that unfolded as I didn't have my "first loss" until over a year later to Roosevelt Coleman after being fortunate enough to rattle off seventeen straight KO wins. I do know I had amazing focus in my career when I was training in London including when I was fighting for Bamma and EFC. However, I don't really know if I have a good answer for you regarding why I have not done as well in back here in North America and, specifically, my home state of New York.

REPORTER: Do you think your loss to Coleman reduced some of the mystique regarding your career?

LODANO: Yes, I do. Well, not so much my career per se as twelve title fight wins is nothing to take lightly, but I think it gave future opponents increased hopes of being able to beat me. They saw a blue print of how they might quickly dispose of me even if most of my potential opponents would have needed luck.

REPORTER: You have always met the challenge of a step up in competition or at least a switch in orgs. Have you been surprised by the caliber of fighter you are currently seeing in TTFC?

LODANO: Once again, I do consider myself to be a student of mma. So, no, it is inaccurate to say I am surprised by the quality of foe I am facing. I knew at some point in time fighters my age who had access to a private gym sooner would likely have skills that exceed me. What has surprised me, and seems not to be helping me, is how easily I have been cut in some recent fights. So the ability to open cuts on me may be a feature of the fact I have stepped up a notch in the quality of foe I am facing.

REPORTER: Ah, yes, you mention access to a private gym. So what is it like to now be at aLion's mma with the rest of Cottonfloss' stable? We recently learned, however, that you do not spar with the top ranked fighters in the Cottonfloss camp. What is the logic behind which sparring group you were placed with?

LODANO: First of all, although slightly surprising, it is great to be able to train in my home state at aLion's mma. Sparring group wise, the real story is that we formed our training schedules based on our names and not so much our talent sets. Rogelio has signed a few fighters whose last names start with the same letter as their first names. This is the reason I was grouped with Sami Sykloni and Benjamin Bengazzoni and Blake Bender as opposed to some of the big established names that decided to sign on with Rogelio.

REPORTER: You have already given us permission to make this an interview series as we will be allowed to join you on other flights to promote SIlly Billy. Whether we get to have them or not, we will go ahead and bring this interview to a close. What can we expect from you in the months to come?

LODANO: Well, fortunately I was able to prove to myself and my fans that I still have the power to knock a G out. If I can learn how to prevent cuts, I do predict a new streak of power dominance. Nonetheless, the fans can expect me to come into each fight reared and ready to go. And, the fans can also expect to hear some plugs regarding Silly Billy. Thanks for the time an don't forget to read to and with your children.

REPORTER: Hello mma fans around the globe. We are here with the suddenly easily accessible Lucas Lodano. Today, we will take a stroll down memory lane as Lodano shares his insights and takeaways from a single fight from each org he has fought with so far. Thank you for letting us fly with you again.

LODANO: Sorry I was a little late. I was in the back of the plane recording a reading of the second book in the series The Adventures and Misadventures of Silly Billy. It has been really fun promoting this book and allowing myself to be more accessible to media and fans. However, I will be returning my attention soon to Philip Dyson. Although I need to be ready for what will unfold in the cage on Saturday, I am glad to be here.

REPORTER So, let's get started. You are from Albany, New York and you actually started your career at an org that only had three events. You actually fought on all three cards, but exited with only one win. What was your standout fight here.

LODANO: If you asked before I moved to London or even while I was training in London the answer would have been the win over Steven Johnson as that launched a seventeen fight win streak. However, I will actually refer to the fight against Varg Veide. Veide is now ranked p4p 4 in the world and number 2 in our weight class. The Veide fight could be argued a stupid fight to take, but since the org offered it we took it. Yes, I got pummeled before even reaching the fourth minute. Yes, I got cut twice. However, I learned a lot as an 18 year old in that fight. I learned that being knocked out was no fun. I was fortunate enough to not be knocked out again until I was 23 years old.

REPORTER: You already mentioned that your win over Steven Johnson kickstarted a seventeen win fight streak. Elsewhere, you sais you sometimes don't think of your career as starting until the Steven Johnson win. With KIngs of the Bronx falling by the wayside, you showed back up at BAMMA in London. Which fight or fighter will you share about during this portion of your career?

LODANO: The standout fight here for me was my victory over Demetrious Smiff. The reason, however, was not so much the fight, but what I learned after the fight from how Demetrious conducted himself. For whatever reason. this was the first fight, if I am not mistaken, in which I was not graciously acknowledging my fans fo whom I am so grateful for. My attempt to hype myself did not go over too well and I came across as a bit of a tool. Anyhow, Demetrious himself said, "Dude is a real 'G'. Give it up for him y'all." This was significant in two ways. The first is that it taught me the importance of maintaining humility. Smiff's comments, however, also launched the comments about my power to knock a G out and things of the like.

REPORTER: You fought in the last BAMMA event exiting that org with the title. Your next org was EFC and you continued your dominance going 7-0 with that org. Which fight or fighter will you share with us about now?

LODANO: The fight against Aldebaraon De Touro. Some don't appreciate my identifying this fight as many feel it is more appropriate for me to select, for example, Dennis Svenson or my first fight against Edvan De Moraes. I pick De Touro, however, because it was the first time I faced a fighter in the cage for a second time. It was great to be able to get a second win even with an opponent somewhat familiar with me.

REPORTER: So you then move to Warzone with a record of 15-2 after yet another org you were fighting for closes down. Well, technically the org was bought out and they tried two more events, but you were once again on the last event for an org winning at EFC 20. Warzone itself would surprisingly close in November 2014, but you did get five fights in over there before moving on. What was the standout fight here.

LODANO: Since I am not going to choose the loss, it was definitely my debut against Mellow Mood. It was nice to end the fight with that Superman Punch. This was also a fight in which I opened a cut on my opponent and not the other way around as seems to be happening too much for my liking in recent fights.

REPORTER: So, you exited Warzone with only the one loss coming to Roosevelt Coleman. You then somewhat shifted and began trying to cash in on your success. That caused you to take a single high payout fight at WFC that was expected to be against Vladimir Venger. Instead, you faced the man who handed Venger his only loss to date. The match up was good for you even if he may have had a speed advantage over you. What comments do you have regarding the WFC days?

LODANO: I will identify the first fight against Don Diego as that garnered me a KO of the night award. I really concerned that Diego might have an advantage over me due to being a little over 80 pounds lighter than me. Since I won, however, people may have said I had the unfair advantage. Anyhow, Diego asked for a rematch and got it. I suppose since I wound up losing the third fight to Chris Coath, I should be grateful for having the rematch with Diego which served as my twelfth title fight win.

REPORTER: We now arrive at the present which is exciting for you due to being a published writer now. However, things have not started as smoothly at TTFC as at other orgs. What is the standout fight so far here at TTFC?

LODANO: I will actually identify the loss to Rung Thrym. This was my first fight that went to decision. While I got pummeled not winning a single round, it was a great learning experience. As you and fans can see, I will still rely on my G power to secure wins. However, I will likely have to start fighting smarter in case I come up against foes who can avoid being knocked out. I also was glad that despite being cut in the first round, I was able to protect the cut for the rest of the fight.

REPORTER: Well, folks, that's all. Check out The Adventures and Misadventures of Silly Billy in book stores now and tune in to the pay per view for TTFC Invades Montreal 21 when Lucas Lodano will take on Philip Dyson.

LODANO: Well said. It has been fun.

• Upvote 1

POST TTFC INVADES MONTREAL 21 MEDIA SESSION WITH LUCAS LODANO

REPORTER: Well, I suppose I will address the good news first. As long as you are signed with TTFC you have agreed to answer two to four questions after each fight. Bad news, as you and most fans certainly know, you are 1-4 in your last five fights. What's going on?

LODANO: Well, the most frustrating thing is that I cut so darn easily now. I thought the tide had perhaps turned as the first punch I landed opened up a cut on Dyson. But alas, literally seconds later I myself was cut.

REPORTER: Do you feel you may have been better served by training more as opposed to spending so much time publicizing The Adventures and Misadventures of Silly Billy?

LODANO: It depends on what you mean. Do I think i lost because of lost training time due to publicizing Silly Billy? No, I do not. However, my only landing one body punch does indicate that I may have indeed been better served by training more.

REPORTER: What can your fans expect from you in your next fight?

LODANO: I imagine I will most certainly increase my percentage of landed punches. Granted, all you need is to land that knockout punch before your opponent. However, I was very disappointed when I looked at the stat line and saw just how many punches did not land. I plan to come in with a smarter fight plan regardless of the opponent. I still likely am one who should look for the finish, but we will also make sure I am somewhat more economical with my strikes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

POST TTFC GRAVIUS VS MCMURPHY

REPORTER: It is minutes after your first round victory over Lil Fame. What are some of your immediate impressions?

LODANO: I am just glad to be on the other end of the cuts. It feels like the first time in ages that I have been able to protect my face from getting cut. Of course the same cannot be said about Lil Fame,

REPORTER: Has attempting to open cut on your opponent become a new strategy of yours? In your loss versus Dyson you opened up a cut on him early as well.

LODANO: The issue is more or less utilizing a good fight plan recognizing that I am indeed likely better served going for a KO finish. Opening up a cut on my opponent is not a new modus operandi per se, but I have been frustrated with how easily I cut almost as much as I was with dropping three in a row earlier this year. One way to counteract that is to open up a cut on my opponent first. Last fight, unfortunately, Dyson returned the favor. Here I wanted to be sure to keep momentum on my side. I am glad that I did knock Fame down before the fight was over that way he won't feel he lost merely due to a cut.

REPORTER: Last time we talked you indicated that you would try to increase your percentage of landed punches. Technically you did so, but what are your feelings about how economical you were with your strikes.

LODANO: I am just glad to get a win and to get a finish in the first round. Mad love to my fans, both of my mma G power and of my children's books. I am sure you will see me around sooner than normal since I finally did a better job of protecting my face.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13986921987599.png

"Machine Gun" RP McMurphy (208346)

"Good luck in our upcoming Championship Title fight Lodano, thanks for accepting. I have had difficulty finding opponents and I was hoping you were up next for a shot at my belt. I must get revenge for Don Diego and take you out, but I respect you a lot and you are a worthy challenger.

Best wishes"

• 4 weeks later...

LUCAS LODANO

REPORTER: So in less than 24 hours you will be inside the cage for another title fight despite being a measly 2-4 in your past six fights. What are your thoughts about going into this fight?

LODANO: First of all, i want to thank RP McMurphy and TTFC for allowing me this fight. Whether I win or lose against a stellar groundsman the likes of RP, if I can protect myself from cutting, as I have said previously, the world will know why RP and TTFC think so highly of me even if I have fared poorer than anticipated since returning to the States.

REPORTER: Right, normally being in a title fight for a top ten org with a rich history of having over 400 fights in your own home state would be considered a great thing. You, however, do not seem to perform as well in the States or Canada as you have elsewhere. Do you have any concerns about the fight location?

LODANO: You make a good point that has not gone unnoticed by me. However, I am on a two fight win streak at Madison Garden Arena. Also, while a unsupportive crowd is not going to faze a polished fighter like McMurphy, it can't hurt for me to at least have a chance of fighting before a favorable crowd.

REPORTER: So, when you beat Lil Fame, actually on the same card when Sellus handed RP his first loss, did you have any idea that you would be fighting RP McMurphy?

LODANO: To be honest, no. However, RP was forthright in indicating that he had trouble finding opponents. So, while I was of course helped by having twelve title fight wins elsewhere and my two victories over Don Diego, this fight would never have happened if RP didn't want it or if others were ready to mix it up with him.

REPORTER: Any secrets you want to disclose as we close this interview?

LODANO: I am becoming more of a slightly well rounded fighter, but there is no secret that my best chance is to get a KO before McMurphy takes the fight to the ground. Of course if you have studied RP's fights at all, that means I would have to knock him out in about 45 seconds or less. Other than his debut fight, RP has not been in a match he hasn't been able to take to the ground in less than two minutes. We will see how far I have or haven't come, I suppose, at the mixing part of martial arts.

• Upvote 1

LUCAS LODANO

REPORTER: We are here with newly crowned TTFC heavyweight champion Lucas Lodano. How does it feel to be a belt holder once again.

LODANO: Honestly, it feels great. I thank RP McMurphy and TTFC once again for the opportunity. Lester told me I better take good care of the belt.

REPORTER: Ah, yes, Lester is a now a Cottonfloss fighter. I think he had about five heavyweight TTFC title fight wins if I am not mistaken. I suppose some a minority of people may feel Pierre is the biggest name training out of aLion's mma, but if you don't include Pierre, the biggest names in the Cottonfloss camp are definitely Cockenschtuff and Lodano. Was it awkward coming to terms with the fact that you, a children's author, train with a fighter whose nickname is "The Molester"?

LODANO: It is not odd for me personally as you come across all types of personalities in mixed martial arts. There was some concern as it relates to marketing The Adventures and Misadventures of Silly Billy. I can't always tell when a person is joking or not, but there are rumors that he has even given some copies of my books as gifts to some of the single mothers he occasionally enjoys the company of. Anyhow, I also heard rumors that Lester used to go by the name of Bruno. After his debut loss in the JR Grand Master of KT tournament, I wonder if Bruno Nasser is considering a name change to Lester "the Molester" himself. By the way, Lester actually has seven TTFC heavyweight title wins and will likely get another Super Heavyweight shot at Sellus if he wins his next fight. So, I have along way to go before I can have any bragging rights with Lester.

REPORTER: Will you be giving RP McMurphy a rematch like you did Don Diego?

LODANO: That depends on what TTFC offers. I imagine I will defend against another opponent. If successful in retaining the belt, I am sure RP will be in position for a rematch sooner rather than later. However, while I imagine my name does not inspire as much fer in opponents as Lester's or RP's, if it is really that hard to set up a heavyweight title fight, we may indeed see a rematch with RP coming up right away.

REPORTER: So, what are your goals coming out of this fight?

LODANO: Not anything unusual. Basically put myself in position to keep winning fights. I like the trend of my not being cut the past two fights but even instead opening cuts on my opponent. I probably won't be writing much in the near future, but I will be doing some public readings as well. And, on that note, keep on reading to your children.

LUCAS LODANO

REPORTER: What a difference winning makes or at least winning a title fight. We are here with newly crowned TTFC Heavyweight champion Lucas Lodano at TTFC Lester vs Vyacheslav 2. For those that don't know. Lucas and Lester actually train out of the same gym although they apparently rarely spar with each other. Lucas, in a few moments we will ask you about the keys to victory for Lester, but we hear that earlier today you signed on for your first title defense. Tell us more about that.

LODANO: Yes, my first defense has been scheduled for October 17th. So, after hopefully celebrating a Lester win tonight and a Silly Billy book reading tomorrow, Iw ill be hitting the gym hard getting ready for my next foe. And, my next foe will be quite familiar. It is RP McMurphy.

REPORTER: Ah, so we will get to see an immediate rematch. That should be fun. Were you looking forward to a different opponent?

LODANO: Not exactly. I did not request a rematch. As you can guess RP was the one who did that. However, I agreed to this fight for two, maybe even three reasons. First, from back when I started my career and had to face Zaire and Varg, we simply accept fights that the org offers. Bradley checked with Rogelio first though to see if we would grant a rematch. In many respects, I know I was fortunate to get the offer anyways. So Rogelio let him know we would accept if that was what was offered. The third, I suppose, is that if Don Diego could get a rematch, why not RP?

REPORTER: Your winning the title and Lester 's return to being a main card fight has actually hurt your other career a bit hasn't it?

LODANO: You will have to be more specific. i don't see how personal success and success of aLion's mma would adversely affect any of my endeavors.

REPORTER: I know someone as astute as you knows what I mean with your being a children's author and the nature of Lester's rep. But, let's not go there as we are here to see some fights. You told us you would only comment on Lester's fight although I imagine you will enjoy the full card. So, what is your take on Lester and Vyacheslav.

LODANO: Let's put it this way, although I myself could knock either one out, I am glad to be a spectator today as either one could knock me out as well. I imagine it will be a fast and furious fight that will end by KO. I hope he gets a first round KO, but I will actually predict Lester will win by knockout in the second minute of the third round. My main concern for Lester is the concern I recently had for myself during my stretch of losses: cutting. Vyacheslav did cut him immediately in their previous fight. So the keys to victory are to protect himself from cutting, control the pace, and to dominate in the clinch if the KO does not arrive immediately.

REPORTER: Thanks for your time. Enjoy the fights.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13986921987599.png

"Machine Gun" RP McMurphy (208346)

"I get to avenge my loss to Lodano in this immediate rematch. I did well the first fight but got caught.

I will win and get my Title back, or I retire soon after. I was undefeated my whole career in everything I did, and I will not continue to fight if I can continue to lose and disappoint myself and the people who depend on me.

I'm here to win and be Champion, that is my Title, and If I can't prove I deserve it back then It's time for me to walk away and retire before I get myself killed in this sport. I am going to beat Lodano, there is no other options.

Good Luck Lodano, much respect Champ"

• 3 weeks later...