Inactivity Clause...

skull

I think the Inactivity clause needs to be updated to stop org owners from sending out a bogus fight offer at the last possible minute to keep you from leaving your contract if you want. If org owners can do this then what is the point of an inactivity clause?

I have brought this up sometime ago and I'm org owner.

If you have a fight offer which you accepted but the other guy did not and it goes all the way to fight time. You man gets reset - He does not get paid also. Inactivity should not reset here. I would even go as far as to suggest a penalty on the other end(ex: make it count as +10 days inactivity)

• 5 years later...

Half the org owners are complete douche bags, we definitely need an easier way to breach the contracts, in real life we would go to court and I would be fighting elsewhere within a month, I just recently learned every day on this game is a week, every 55 days the new year sets... so by that standard 4-5 days after I breached my contract and paid whatever fine came with breaching said contract, I would in fact be able to sign to a new org or accept another offer from another org owner... the fact they give org owners so much power over you and your fighters is absolutely idiotic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am in the fight game and a lot of my friends are professional mixed martial artists and this is NOT how contracts work once so ever! Especially on the smaller stages, there are very few organizations in the fight game that offer you contracts and keep you under contract, usually only the biggest major promotions sign exclusive deals, you should have to have a top 10 organization if you wan't to send out real contracts, otherwise even the smallest of promotions is having a "world champion" which is an honor for world wide show holders, if you always have your event in the same country you are considered a regional promotion, regional promotions don't sign exclusive contracts with any of their fighters.

Half the org owners are complete douche bags, we definitely need an easier way to breach the contracts, in real life we would go to court and I would be fighting elsewhere within a month, I just recently learned every day on this game is a week, every 55 days the new year sets... so by that standard 4-5 days after I breached my contract and paid whatever fine came with breaching said contract, I would in fact be able to sign to a new org or accept another offer from another org owner... the fact they give org owners so much power over you and your fighters is absolutely idiotic.

You just gotta be more careful with who you sign with man. You’ll never catch me signing with some orgs due to their owners. Well, only one I can think of at the moment, but yeah you gotta be aware who you’re signing with and usually you won’t have issues man. Even the most unreasonable owners will usually let you out of contract if you make it known to them you’re absolutely miserable there. Sometimes they might want a portion of the sign bonus back but I think that’s completely fair.

The inactivity clause needs work on multiple fronts, for example if you go on loan for a super fight, that fight is not considered a fight within the org and the inactivity clause is not reset. Another problem is when someone picks up a FA on your roster, the inactivity clause should also get reset in this case.

• Upvote 8

The inactivity clause needs work on multiple fronts, for example if you go on loan for a super fight, that fight is not considered a fight within the org and the inactivity clause is not reset. Another problem is when someone picks up a FA on your roster, the inactivity clause should also get reset in this case.

I actually disagree. That's not the right solution. A manager shouldn't be able to release a fighter under contract period. Either work w/ the org owner to get him released then sack, or fight out the contract you signed. A manager picking up someone off the FA list shouldn't be "stuck" in a contract the previous manager signed and didn't deliver on.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

This. In my opinion.