Fighter Option - Vacate Title Belt

EzekelRAGE

http://imageshack.com/a/img835/3006/cxdh.png

Now fighters can vacate a belt without harming the org(If they are above 100 hype). A fighter wouldnt have to feel obligated to stay in the org because he holds a title.

Maybe a fighter just wants to up the competition but also leave the org he is champion at on good terms.

Did this happen or is it just a suggestion?

I do see one problem, and thats someone holding an org hostage. I will release my title if you pay me x dollars which is a dick move, but I could see someone doing it if this happens.

Org owners still should have the option to strip the title if need be. This suggestion (i believe) encourages the managers to be nice and relinquish the title if they choose to leave. They are by no means forced to. Maybe we should have something implemented (and Im not even sure if its possible) that if a fighter holds a belt for an org they are no longer signed to more than 2 weeks, that belt is automatically stripped without penalty to the org. That's a little bit harsher (or is the term "more harsh"? my brain is not working right now heh) than this suggestion though...

• Upvote 1

For the sake of keeping people on good terms i can see the benefit in the suggestion. However i fail to see how a guy vacating his title should be less damaging to an org. than stripping him of his belt. Either way hes leaving/have already left the org. without a champion.

• Upvote 3

For the sake of keeping people on good terms i can see the benefit in the suggestion. However i fail to see how a guy vacating his title should be less damaging to an org. than stripping him of his belt. Either way hes leaving/have already left the org. without a champion.

I like the idea, but this is kind of true...

Somehow I don't see UFC taking a hype hit now that Cruz and GSP vacated the titles. It only seems fair for most people.

This would be quite different if any of them would actually be active instead of being chronically injured and "oh, i feel like not fighting any more"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 4 months later...

Somehow I don't see UFC taking a hype hit now that Cruz and GSP vacated the titles. It only seems fair for most people.

This would be quite different if any of them would actually be active instead of being chronically injured and "oh, i feel like not fighting any more"

This is true but you are speaking of a real life MMA org. Of course you will not be able to see any difference when a champion leaves a real life organisation but in some way maybe they are losing viewers or ticket sales etc. But you cannot say that the UFC has suffered since champs have left because their popularity is not based off of numbers generated in a game engine.

mmatycoon orgs and their fighters have actual numerical values for hype and popularity and this is what makes and breaks orgs. Especially when champions are stripped of titles and the hype of the fighter is lost.

This is a good idea. Both org owners and the managers of champions should be able to strip a belt or vacate a belt in an org. +1