Of The Year Awards - Discussion

GBK16

Im a bit tired of this neg bullshit system that doesnt let anyone say a damn thing without being put down by a invisible asshole... Fuck these forums and their mindless drones. And Fuck Mike for thinking this is a good setup and letting it go on so damn long... No wonder the forums suck ass here!!!!

You wont see me posting again besides the winners of the june awards...

Much like chat Im kissing this shit goodbye!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Im a bit tired of this neg bullshit system that doesnt let anyone say a damn thing without being put down by a invisible asshole... Fuck these forums and their mindless drones. And Fuck Mike for thinking this is a good setup and letting it go on so damn long... No wonder the forums suck ass here!!!!

where did this come from? Only yesterday it seems you were a happy forumer lol

• Upvote 2

Wasn't one of the ones who negged you, but I have to say I disagree with your suggestions on what to cut from the awards. Of the 5 awards you suggest to keep, it's pretty obvious who is going to win 2 of them.

I do like Dino's suggestion of what awards should be merged and dropped however.

Wasn't one of the ones who negged you, but I have to say I disagree with your suggestions on what to cut from the awards. Of the 5 awards you suggest to keep, it's pretty obvious who is going to win 2 of them.

I do like Dino's suggestion of what awards should be merged and dropped however.

I don't get how he cut out Manager of the year but kept in new manager of the year? Didn't make much sense to cut that many awards, there are no way new awards should be awarded though and a few can be merged. I also didn't neg skap.

Philanthropist of the year and most helpful manager of the year could just be most helpful manager of the year, you could even add in mentor of the year to the pile that could be merged into this.

Best New Org Owner of the Year/Best New Org of the Year - Merge

25 Year Old Creation of the Year - Delete, most of the time that will go to an Island fighter.

Under 25's Island Fighter of the Year - Delete, isn't most of the guys created on the Island 25?

Avatar Designer of the Year/Skin Designer of the Year/Poster Designer of the Year - Merge these into designer of the year.

Have to agree with the bottom three, for the top one I'd just remove that one.

I've got a couple of suggestions, thought I'd bold the awards because I've mentioned so many and I thought it'd be easier to track :D

In addition to dinooo's last suggestion, New Business Logo of the Year and Championship Belt of the Year should be merged with Designer of the Year.

There's also an award for 25 year old Island fighter of the year, so this could be merged with 25 year old Creation of the Year and U25 Island Fighter of the Year, so you then have one award Island Fighter of the Year.

Since there's only a couple of KT orgs, I'd recommend removing the KT Org of the Year award since there's only 5 (from what I can see) which are dedicated to KT. If the award is removed, then KT orgs should be allowed to be nominated for Org of the Year.

Bookmaker of the Year, I don't feel bookmakers are a big enough business in MMA Tycoon for them to justify an award.

Remove both Best New Org of the Year and Best New Org Owner of the Year. The guys who win these awards should be striving to be the CEO of the Year or the Org of the Year.

• Upvote 1

Have to agree with the bottom three, for the top one I'd just remove that one.

I've got a couple of suggestions, thought I'd bold the awards because I've mentioned so many and I thought it'd be easier to track :D

In addition to dinooo's last suggestion, New Business Logo of the Year and Championship Belt of the Year should be merged with Designer of the Year.

There's also an award for 25 year old Island fighter of the year, so this could be merged with 25 year old Creation of the Year and U25 Island Fighter of the Year, so you then have one award Island Fighter of the Year.

Since there's only a couple of KT orgs, I'd recommend removing the KT Org of the Year award since there's only 5 (from what I can see) which are dedicated to KT. If the award is removed, then KT orgs should be allowed to be nominated for Org of the Year.

Bookmaker of the Year, I don't feel bookmakers are a big enough business in MMA Tycoon for them to justify an award.

Remove both Best New Org of the Year and Best New Org Owner of the Year. The guys who win these awards should be striving to be the CEO of the Year or the Org of the Year.

I wouldn't remove new org of the year but i'd merge the new org owner and best new org together. There about 2/3 people in this game who could create an org that could compete with the big boys within a year, and even then it might not be enough to push more established orgs such as Evo and Syn.

I'd leave KT org of the year because well KT guys deserve a bit of love.

The rest i agree with.

I wouldn't remove new org of the year but i'd merge the new org owner and best new org together. There about 2/3 people in this game who could create an org that could compete with the big boys within a year, and even then it might not be enough to push more established orgs such as Evo and Syn.

I'd leave KT org of the year because well KT guys deserve a bit of love.

The rest i agree with.

I think if you remove new org and new org owner awards, then it'd be good for people to take into consideration how long an org has been around when voting for Org of the Year or how well a CEO has done in changing around an Orgs fortunes (or in your example taking a brand new org to competing against the top 3).

I know I'd vote for a CEO if they manage to get an org from a brand new org and take it to the point where they're either in or just outside the top 3 orgs in the world, it'd be a tremendous achievement.

For Org of the Year, I only vote for the org which I feel is the best all round org, not just the one which has the highest hype. My criteria would probably be:

1. Excellent main events - ones where big fighters are fighting each other or there's a big fighter fighting a new up and coming (NYFN comes to mind for their Devin Styles vs Aturo Atunes main event.

2. Tournaments - Insanity is doing a great job with their tournament and so is Troid with their Top Fighter tournament.

3. Smack talk - I'm a big fan of entertaining smack talk and any org which has little to no smack talk is one which I would rather not sign for.

4. Big name fighters - which org has a number of big name fighters signed to them, not the guys who have the highest hype but the guys I would recognise if I seen their name on a list.

I think if you remove new org and new org owner awards, then it'd be good for people to take into consideration how long an org has been around when voting for Org of the Year or how well a CEO has done in changing around an Orgs fortunes (or in your example taking a brand new org to competing against the top 3).

I know I'd vote for a CEO if they manage to get an org from a brand new org and take it to the point where they're either in or just outside the top 3 orgs in the world, it'd be a tremendous achievement.

For Org of the Year, I only vote for the org which I feel is the best all round org, not just the one which has the highest hype. My criteria would probably be:

1. Excellent main events - ones where big fighters are fighting each other or there's a big fighter fighting a new up and coming (NYFN comes to mind for their Devin Styles vs Aturo Atunes main event.

2. Tournaments - Insanity is doing a great job with their tournament and so is Troid with their Top Fighter tournament.

3. Smack talk - I'm a big fan of entertaining smack talk and any org which has little to no smack talk is one which I would rather not sign for.

4. Big name fighters - which org has a number of big name fighters signed to them, not the guys who have the highest hype but the guys I would recognise if I seen their name on a list.

1. Big orgs rule the roost.

2. Big orgs usually run one big tournament a year with big names, that has really been replaced with the Olympics which i think is gonna be an annual event ran in October.

3. I rarely engage in smack talk or anything like that so i don't judge.

4. Big orgs rule the roost.

Ascension came the closest to an org winning org of the year after one year in existence, it came about just as the PPV code started to get cracked. Now breaking into fight with the big orgs is a near impossible challenge, you get one or two that finally manage it but realistically for every one that makes it - 20 fail. I don't want to have to take into consideration that the org has been about for a year, the award is for org of the year, not who achieved what in a certain space of time.

The best CEO's in the game are the guys you don't know they exist and work behind the imaginary curtain doing their business. The only time you know they actually do anything is when they sign your fighter etc. There have been a few great CEO's who never got any credit because they didn't plaster their names all over the forums.

guys guys were forgetting the most important and most talk about manger award of the year last year.I really looking forward to who wins the biggest scumbag manger 2015 :thumbup:

Me, lol.