"Revolution Island - Official Smack Talk Thread".

Tycooner

But Jay predicted my guy to lose lol at least that guy was being neutral :P

Lol

I even picked against my own fighter lol

"AT the weigh ins early today THE BIG EASY walk by me and boy let me tell you that dude stinks!
He should be called the big stankin ass ! He smelled like nasty ass BO and beer the stank face kind!
I feel the Big easy will be just that Easy victory for Brown!
Brown by TKO. "
Big Easy is my fighter.
Ps hold your nose if you are anywhere near the big stank!
  • Upvote 1

Don't know what all the fuss about. That was the best preview I've ever read. Never laughed so hard reading one.

he said he would do the preview for me that it would me great i said ok when it is done i will give you 60k

that was not a 60k preview at all lol

so everybody got stuck with my preview lol

he said he would do the preview for me that it would me great i said ok when it is done i will give you 60k

that was not a 60k preview at all lol

so everybody got stuck with my preview lol

So he thought money is easy to earn in this game. smh that's not the way to go.
  • Upvote 1

http://i64.tinypic.com/2efl2zb.jpg

"Neo-Hitman" Giovanni Greco (1-0):

"Jay Tycoon, biggest joke I've ever seen in my life. You picked the correct round, but the wrong person. Next time, rinse your eyes before you want to pick against me or I will bust your balls with my bare hands. "

"Jay Tycoon, biggest joke I've ever seen in my life. You picked the correct round, but the wrong person. Next time, rinse your eyes before you want to pick against me or I will bust your balls with my bare hands. "

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13940152076322.jpg

Kingston Belle (302331)

"I don't know who the hell that was you fought, he was an imposter and in no way related to the Belle family. When I heard the news I grabbed the first flight to the Island to fight you and show you what a real Belle is capable of. My manager is obviously a little cautious at the moment after being scammed so if I can prove myself I'll look to sign up to Revolution Island and try to save the reputation of my family name.

See you in 2 days, good luck."

• Upvote 1

Revolution Island
Night 1
From the people who brought you Revolution XC events and Icon Fight NIGHT comes Revolution Island! This six month program provides young talent with the chance to make their mark in the toughest competition in MMA. The Island can either make or break you, and only the best can truly call themselves Island champions. Without further ado, let's get to the kind of action only RXC products can provide!
Fight 1-Anthony Jay Bronie vs Karlos Kulina
What a way to start a season! A.J.B. was determined to get the season off to a fast start and he did so with a 50 second armbar submission. He grabbed onto Karlos like an anaconda grabs prey and didn’t let go. Kulina, a training partner of BJ Penn, definitely has the skills to get back on track, so expect to hear from him sooner than later.
Fight 2-Jamason Brown vs Bigg Easy
Brown made a statement in this fight, and his statement was “Don’t Fuck with me in the clinch!” Easy found that out the hard way. He lasted until the second round before Brown put him on his knees with a huge right and follow up punches that spelled T.K.O. Easy will have to take it “Easy” until next fight. I’ll see myself out.
Fight 3-Kingston Belle vs Giovanni Greco
I’m confused. Greco won this fight via TKO, pretty impressive. However, after the fight, The fighter got revealed to be Kilingon Bum, and now Greco and Belle are schedualed to fight in 2 days on QFC. I’m so bloody confused.
Fight 4-Johan Pegg vs Eddie Alvarez
This wasn’t confusing. Alvarez set himself up as an early favorite to win the whole Island with a savage right hand that rocked Pegg like a hurricane in 14 seconds. Brings a tear to your eye to see a star be born.
Fight 5-Petar Marinov vs Malcolm Reynolds
The first decision of Revolution Island, Reynolds went the distance to score a big victory. In a strange twist, despite having far worse standup, Reynolds actually outstruck Marinov, landing seven more punches than his Bulgarian born opponent. Ultimately, Reynolds was the one who put in just a little more effort and got the victory as a result.
Fight 6-Mitch Bond vs Lone Rider
Now this was a fight! This fight was all striking, despite the many attempts by Rider to clinch, and his kick game lead him to an exciting victory. Every part of Mitch will be sore in the morning, as Rider struck him anywhere and everywhere with brutal kicks, including 47 (out of 46, don’t ask I don’t know) to the leg. That’s like Jose Aldo-Urijah Faber levels of Leg kicks. Good effort on Mitch’s part, and a huge win for Rider.
Fight 7-Baked Ziti Esposito vs Layne Staley
This Middleweight encounter ended in less than 2 minutes due to a Stanley armbar. A sloppy punch from Baked lead to an easy takedown for Layne, who took 3 attempts to submit Esposito. For those keeping track, that’s 5 finishes in 7 fights, a great percentage.
Fight 8-Kingston Brown vs MK Ultra
MK didn’t look “Ultra” in this fight at all, as he got TKO’d in just 41 seconds of the first round. Brown was a superstar in this fight, as he immediately got into a clinch and started whaling on MK with ruthless intent. Brown, who looks terrifying, had nothing to say afterwards, as he immediately ran out of the building after he was declared the winner.
Fight 9-Raphael Tuttle vs Erikson Fry
Tuttle might have lost, but he showed the heart of a lion in going the distance from a barrage of 100 knees that he either managed to avoid or took on the chin like a boss. He still lost though, and Fry made a name for himself at his expense. Another interesting note, I happened to walk right by Fry before the event started and he was eating a live squirrel. He stated that he caught it before the event and needed the protein to get into the “Viking Spirit.” Whatever gets you through the day I guess.
Fight 10-Garrett Brown vs RJ MacReady
MacReady almost didn’t make it to the Island, as he got in trouble at the airport for trying to sneak a flamethrower onto the plane. He made up for it when he got here though, as he ended Brown’s night in just 13 seconds of round 2 by KO. MacReady might not be in Antarctica anymore, but he put Brown’s momentum on Ice and Made himself into a fighter to watch on Revolution Island.
Conclusion

Revolution Island started off with a bang with 7 finishes and big time performances by folks making their pro debuts. I’ll admit though, the event wasn’t a financial event, but that’s my fault, as the fighters tonight brought their A-game, and Revolution Island looks like it’ll be a force for a good long while.

Roco Milstown
  • Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13940152076322.jpg

Kingston Belle (302331)

"I don't know who the hell that was you fought, he was an imposter and in no way related to the Belle family. When I heard the news I grabbed the first flight to the Island to fight you and show you what a real Belle is capable of. My manager is obviously a little cautious at the moment after being scammed so if I can prove myself I'll look to sign up to Revolution Island and try to save the reputation of my family name.

See you in 2 days, good luck."

"I don't give a fuck about no imposter shit or if you were a real Belle or not. I just aim to kill, alright? You have 48 hours to run from me, I dare you. "

• Upvote 2

no i didn't luckily

I am glad you didn't pay him. He's an absolutely pathetic human being who called me "a stupid motherfucker" for calling his preview trashy. He even brought racist stuffs on table but I'm not surprised because he's just a moron. He deserves a perm ban.
  • Upvote 2

Hey, A.J.B. is supposed to have two eyes, it's just under the mop of Mick Foley hair!

Ah well, a one eyed fighter is a decent backstory anyway! Suppose any fighter who's visually based on ol' Cactus Jack needs to be missing some body parts after all.

As they say, Bang! Bang!

• Upvote 2

Anthony Jay Bronie

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14726180019306.jpg

1-0-0

"I was told that the press was convinced that I would be knocked out in my first fight. Well guess what. I wasn't. And that hand that was supposed to be taking me out was instead pounding on the mat, signaling that I was the better man. Fifty seconds. All I needed was fifty damn seconds. Now, I won't go out and say I'm the end all be all, I mean hell, I've got one eye, half an ear, and I'm missing a finger on my left hand. But let this be a lesson, don't ever discount anyone in the cage. I'm looking forward to my next one. Slow Learner, I think I got your number at Revolution Island 3! Bang Bang, A.J.B. out!"

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Revolution Island Night 2 - Event Preview

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/14733588651473332277poster.png

After a successful debut event that delighted 688 Underground fans with seven finishes and some memorable wars The Island's top MMA promotion is set to return with Revolution Island Night 2 this Saturday night. Twenty all new fighters, spanning every weight division, will take to the cage to try to prove that they deserve to be remembered among the all-time Island greats.

185 lbs - "The" Island Champion (debut) vs. "Mosquito" Chico Cunha (1-0-0 MMA, 0-0-0 RI)

The most confidently named fighter in the promotion, Champion is a native of The Island looking to prove that you don't have to bring fighters in from all over the world to find the very best. An All-Island wrestling champion as a youth, he is believed to be especially deadly in the clinch. He'll be facing a marginally more experienced opponent in the form of headhunting Brazilian boxer "Mosquito" Cunha, a deadly-accurate puncher who needed less than a minute to dispatch his Scandinavian opponent with a savage right hook in his debut bout. These fighters should be relatively evenly matched with Cunha likely taking the edge at a distance but Champion potentially having a more reliable avenue to victory by taking his opponent to the clinch or to the mat.

Prediction: Island Champion by 2nd round TKO

265 lbs - Brock "Samson" Lesnar (1-0-0 MMA, 0-0-0 RI) vs. Incy Quincy "Spider" (debut)

Built like a fire truck and a dump truck had a baby, Brock Lesnar stands only 5'9" and cuts weight to meet the heavyweight limit while his opponent gives up more than thirty pounds but enjoys a substantial reach advantage due to his more typical 6'4" frame. His training has focused primarily on boxing, but he demonstrated his raw power in close quarters when his debut opponent put him in the clinch, a decision that spelled quick destruction after a series of savage strikes from the Minnesotan. The Brit Quincy has yet to debut professionally, but most assume his skillset will be similar to that of his brother Michael who victorious in his debut against an overmatched 18-year-old opponent. If that is the case he may have difficulty with the more polished boxing of the American, though he does have the more distinguished wrestling background and may try to use the clinch to shut down his opponent's explosiveness, history be damned.

Prediction: Brock Lesnar by unanimous decision

155 lbs - Sleep "Zzzzzzzzzz" Deprived (debut) vs. Enzo Dimelo (debut)

Speaking of brothers, Enzo Dimelo is one of three Dimelo brothers fighting on this card and six currently signed to the organization, although most observers agree that it's unlikely that all six will prove to have the athletic ability to fight at a high level. Neither has made their professional debut, and while Dimelo has been training mixed martial arts for much longer than his 18-year-old opponent this may not guarantee him victory if the Canadian boxer chooses to stand and bang. His drowsy Angolan opponent is a top-level striker whose glaring deficiencies in the grappling department may may not be exposed in this matchup. That said, the smart money says that Enzo can use his more well-rounded game to take "Zzzzzzzz" out of his comfort zone.

Prediction: Enzo Dimelo by unanimous decision

145 lbs - "Chilly" Carney Asada (debut) vs. Quincy "The Big" Queef (debut)

Although both fighters in this bout are new to the world of mixed martial arts they are highly decorated strikers and the high potential for stand-up fireworks makes this one of the most anticipated bouts of the night. The San Francisco-based Queef is known for a varied striking attack and may have a slight edge in this department over his Mexican opponent Asada who had reportedly spent much of the last year attempting to bring his wrestling game up to speed. Unless he's able to use this well-roundedness to his advantage to shut down Queef's explosive stand-up arsenal he may find himself in trouble.

Prediction: Quincy Queef by 3rd round KO

135 lbs - Chiumbu "Black House" Diabang (debut) vs. Mbawe "Superman" Kanyange (debut)

Another matchup featuring a pair of new professionals, both hailing from the African continent, this bout has not drawn as much attention. Both combatants are teenagers not expected to be ready for the highest levels of Island competition, though they are relatively evenly matched with one another. The Ethiopan Kanyange has a well-rounded game with no obvious holes but also no obvious strengths. This is in stark contrast to his opponent, the Nigerian Diabang who has won several jiu jitsu competitions in Africa and Asia but is believed to have virtually no striking trainer and no wrestling background either. That said, his ability on the ground is far and away the most dangerous tool either fighter will bring to this bout and a single-minded focus on bringing the fight to the mat, most likely by pulling guard, could be enough to win this bout for "Black House".

Prediction: Chiumbu Diabang by 1st round submission

145 lbs - Tito Dimelo (debut) vs. Bosco Green (debut)

The smallest Dimelo brother, Muay Thai practitioner Tito is used to being the smaller man in the ring but this will be a rare departure from that trend as he faces the diminutive Englishman Bosco Green in what will be the professional debut for both men. At well under five feet tall, Green will have a huge reach disadvantage, but Green surely has no intention of attempting to strike the Canadian as his game is clearly built around scoring takedowns and pounding out his opponent from top position. That may well spell trouble for Tito as Muay Thai is at its best when utilizing kicking techniques or striking from the clinch, both areas of the game that are likely to leave him vulnerable to Bosco's lightning-quick takedowns.

Prediction: Bosco Green by 2nd round TKO

170 lbs - Curtis Cambridge (debut) vs. Mickey "The OutKast" Hendricks (debut)

This card features more teenagers than a dubstep concert, and that trend continues with another bout between competitors too young to buy a beer after their fight. Named Cambridge but hailing from Suffolk, Curtis is a former English Olympic boxing alternate with an extremely raw ground game. That will be his biggest vulnerability, as his American opponent Hendricks is a solid puncher in his own right but also an active jiu-jitsu competitor who has recently been dominating the blue belt tournament scene and is likely due for a promotion in that department. With the striking acumen to survive long enough to have a chance to pull guard, Hendricks has a good chance to coax a tap from Cambridge here.

Prediction: Mickey Hendricks by 2nd round submission

265 lbs - Polo Dimelo (debut) vs. Tommy Rosario (0-1-0 MMA, 0-0-0 RI)

We've seen the smallest Dimelo, now here's the largest as slightly unpolished boxer-wrestler Polo is the middle brother of the clan, eager to prove he shouldn't be overlooked. His opponent is former European Muay Thai champion Tommy Rosario, submitted by a more experienced jiu jitsu player in his debut bout but unlikely to meet the same result in this matchup. Indeed, Dimelo will have to be meticulous about maintaining distance against the Spaniard in this bout, lest he fall victim to his opponent's brutal elbows in the clinch.

Prediction: Tommy Rosario by 2nd round doctor's stoppage

155 lbs - Dong Won Kang (0-1-0 MMA, 0-0-0 RI) vs. Francis Fitzpatrick (debut)

We're back to the teenagers as two more 18-year-olds square off, both men fighting out of East Asia. From Phuket, Thailand, Francis Fitzpatrick is making his professional debut and somewhat surprisingly does not feature a particularly extensive Muay Thai background, instead being better known for his wrestling acumen. He'll have a clear advantage in this department over his opponent, the Korean Kang, but he'll have to use it at great risk as Kang is a more dangerous submission artist and should have a slight edge on the feet to boot. This would normally make Kang the favorite, but he was surprisingly passive in his debut, twice taking the fight to the ground against his opponent and even scoring a beautiful sweep to top position but failing to work aggressively for a finish and eventually succumbing to second round strikes.

Prediction: Francis Fitzpatrick by split decision

205 lbs - Dan Couture (debut) vs. Lllaaaaaaaak Kom Nu (debut)

The final bout of the night is our only light heavyweight match and features more two of the promotion's more polished fighters, though both are making their pro debuts. The American Couture is a hot commodity on The Island, a physically imposing specimen from a decorated fight team with the high-level wrestling background so often associated with successful transitions to pro MMA. His boxing has developed nicely as well, though he may not have an advantage in the stand-up over his Andorran opponent Kom Nu, a decorated Muay Thai competitor who is reputed to have a good sprawl game. On paper the match might seem to slightly favor Nu, but I have a feeling Couture will figure out a way to notch the W.

Prediction: Dan Couture by unanimous decision

That concludes this event preview - make sure to stop by Taco's Tiki Bar and Grill, home of the Big Stiffy, and of course tune in for Talk to Taco to get your up-to-the-minute coverage of all Revolution Island's colorful stable of competitors.

• Upvote 6