Road to Gold 2 - Bantamweight Brawl

Rei

Well, the first round of this knockout stage took place this morning, and the results are in:

Elijah Judah defeats Hilary Trump by Decision (Unanimous)

Mircea Lucarescu defeats Joseph Jostrzebski by Decision (Unanimous)

Mike McLaughlin defeats Harry Daebak by TKO (Strikes)

Gale Snoats defeats Lahiru Samarakoon by Decision (Unanimous)

Unfortunately, like previously stated, Micea Lucarescu can not continue in the tournament due to being outside of the elected ID range. This was a mistake on my part, as I allowed the fighter to enter the competition without even noticing that their ID was outside of the rules. Because of a mistake of mine costing Joseph his place in the tournament, I will be allowing him to continue to the next round as if he had won this one. I hope you understand that this wasn't a favorable situation for me, or either manager involved and I feel this is the best decision moving forward.

The updated bracket is as follows:

http://i.imgur.com/d8F133M.png

Good luck in your upcoming fights, gentlemen - the true challenge begins now!

My guy is in the semis vs a guy coming off two straight losses? This is as retarded as it gets. What a shit show this turned into it.

It's definitely an unfavorable situation as I mentioned before, but I still believe its the best way to move forward. None of the other former competitors are more worthy of that spot in the semis than Joseph, and allowing Mircea to progress despite breaking the rules would be absurd in my opinion. I can only appologise for how this tournament has played out with the constant dropouts and compromises, but shit I've tried my best to work around the issues. I understand your frustration, as you have every right to be annoyed.

Joseph's manager is willing to step out and give you the BYE if you feel that this match is unacceptable, so from here it is your choice.

It's a learning experience, and if I am to run a tournament again in the future - best believe it'll be elimination all the way through and not have a round robin stage lol.

Rei, I know it would be against the rules, but if you analyze the specific situation, I believe that 5k range is not something so unfavorable as to be an unacceptable fight, except that my fighter has smaller primary attributes even than ID More recent than that of Mircea, besides no one else has opposed such a situation, he is a 23 year old guy .. But if you decided that way, I'll try to find a place in another organization ... Cheers

Rei, I know it would be against the rules, but if you analyze the specific situation, I believe that 5k range is not something so unfavorable as to be an unacceptable fight, except that my fighter has smaller primary attributes even than ID More recent than that of Mircea, besides no one else has opposed such a situation, he is a 23 year old guy .. But if you decided that way, I'll try to find a place in another organization ... Cheers

I know he's not necessarily as skilled or more so than some of the other guys but its a matter of consistency. As of right now, every fighter in Bushido must be within the 290k ID range and I don't want to make exceptions for one fighter, as I may as well push the ID range back for everyone if that was the case. In the future we will likely drop back to 285, but as of right now that isn't happening. Appologies.

I'd rather have Snoats fight Lucarescu. I'm not too concerned with the 7k ID difference. I dont see how you can have the guy fight in your org 4 times and then disqualify him.

I was unaware he was below the ID range, I hadn't noticed and no one had pointed it out. If I had him continue then I'd have to edit the division to be a 285 one, and that's not something I want to do at the moment.

So yeah, the choices for Snoats are either to fight Joey in the semis, or take the BYE and move on to the finals.

• 2 weeks later...

With the conclusion of Bushido 54 this evening, we have reached the finals of the tournament, and what a final it is!

The bracket looks like:

35b846f60a12494f9002f3a2b08c79cf.png

Bushido 57 will see the crowning of Bushido's very first Bantamweight Champion as Gale Snoats and Mike McLaughlin face off one final time.

Prizes will be handed out with the completion of the tournament!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14602447964753.jpg

Joseph "Joey-J" Jostrzebski (292065)

Congrats to Snoats. You certainly have my number as i go on my first 3 fight losing streak.

I know you weren't too happy with how our rematch came about but i can only fight who they put in front of me.

Good luck in the finals as i know it will be a tough one!

• Upvote 1