ITFL Season 4 - "Carpe Diem"

GBK16

Alternatively, we could make the picks contingent on weight.

For example

1 - Home team picks fight #1 at 265

2 - Home team picks fight #1 at 170

3 - Away team picks fight #2 at 265

4,5 - Away team picks fight #2 at 170 (at this point the 3rd fight at 170 is set)

6,7 - Home team picks fight #3 at 265 (at this point 4th fight at 265 is set)

• Upvote 1

Just a quick question

I am booking the arenas for the first round currently, but since I have the 20k Seater in London booked for my regular events (Which will contain one ITFL event), and I have booked the 18k seater for the ITFL, it still leaves one event needing to be booked.

I am looking to book the other event in Amsterdam, where we have access to a bigger arena. Would everyone be cool with one event being held in Amsterdam? Since there is only a 1 hour difference between Amsterdam and London, it means every fighter will still have the same amount of training sessions and rest time as the others.

Everyone good with this, or are there any objections?

Just a quick question

I am booking the arenas for the first round currently, but since I have the 20k Seater in London booked for my regular events (Which will contain one ITFL event), and I have booked the 18k seater for the ITFL, it still leaves one event needing to be booked.

I am looking to book the other event in Amsterdam, where we have access to a bigger arena. Would everyone be cool with one event being held in Amsterdam? Since there is only a 1 hour difference between Amsterdam and London, it means every fighter will still have the same amount of training sessions and rest time as the others.

Everyone good with this, or are there any objections?

As long as you stay away from the Saturday for the arena i am ok with it :P

Thinking about the possibilities with this, even that order could end up with the away team making 5 fight picks if the home team isnt careful. the two weight classes really complicated the picking process. im thinking now that alternating picks is the way to go. so it would be 1-1-1-1-1-2. Home team gets less picks but way more control.

How would 2-2-1-1-1 work? I just feel like going 1-1-1-1-1 would take frigging forever getting the picks done. Even doing it the way we did in ITFL in the past there were times it took teams forever to get them in

Home: 170 / 265

Away: 265

Home: 265 / 265 // Away: 170 / 170 (can be done at the same time.)

Home picks their ideal first fight at 170 and 265 at well as decides the last 265 fights.

Away would pick the second 265 fight as well as the last 170lbs fighters.

You can say that the away team could pick the last 265 fights if they play smart but the home team has the same option is they pick their 170 fight smart. The only clear advantage is the home team picks the first fights and has +1 pick.

We'll go with the 2-3-2 system where the Home team makes Picks #1 and #2 and then Away gets #3, #4 and #5, with Home then making #6 and #7 to finish up.

One of the events each round will be held in Amsterdam, which happens at 5pm instead of the 6pm. I will PM each manager competing in Amsterdam each round to make sure they know and don't fly to London by accident.

Edit: Post #3 of this thread now contains the Picking Order for each team. Captains, please notice when you are to make your picks, and you can either PM me your Fight Picks or Post them here.

In theory, the draft pick order should allow the home team to make 4 picks and the away 3.

A 2-3-2 will only allow the home team to effectively make 2 picks. 3 if they pick 2 170 fights first.

People should keep in mind that the second last pick for both of the divisions automatically closes the last fight and therefore the last pick is just a formalization. That means that the last pick for both weights are dead picks.

In theory, the draft pick order should allow the home team to make 4 picks and the away 3.

A 2-3-2 will only allow the home team to effectively make 2 picks. 3 if they pick 2 170 fights first.

People should keep in mind that the second last pick for both of the divisions automatically closes the last fight and therefore the last pick is just a formalization. That means that the last pick for both weights are dead picks.

I was just about to post something like this. With a 2-3-2 order its hard to say that the home team really gets an advantage. Its not too important since we all fight each other home and away but if we want the home team to have an advantage 2-3-2 isn't the way to go in my opinion.