Troid's Next Top Fighter! Smack Talk Thread!

GBK16

Sad times, almost coming to an end :( I have to say this was a very fun tournament to be a part of and can't beleive i actually did good :D Where are the prizes listed?

I'll be rooting for Doyle in the last event, just so i don't have Carlyle breathing down Geralt's neck for 2nd :D All i have to do is finish Scoobs, sorry bro but it's gonna happen.

Geralt has done a great job and the top 3 have been so close for such a long time, nice to see there's only 1 point between them for the very last fight.

Doyle had a couple of early losses but I think it was his poor finishing that cost him but I've still enjoyed the fights and it's been a great tourny. Doyle will do his best to go out with a final 'W' next to his name but Carlyle is a tough bastard!

Good luck to the top 3.

• Upvote 1

Delighted to say that Custom Trophies for the Season have been created by John Hetfield (Beck) and have been submitted to Mike for approval!

http://i.imgur.com/wI7NZmb.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/BjdgzuA.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/deF7uoW.png

Also, I am currently working on a Preview for the last round of fights, so that should be up pretty soon!

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1415396798Troid%20Logo%201.jpg

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1405694816Next%20Top%20Fighter.jpg

TROID’S NEXT TOP FIGHTER!

The Final Chapter

Live from the Camden Conference Centre!

In association with Voodoo Nutrition!

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the Preview for the last round of fights in the Troid’s Next Top Fighter tournament. I am going to be honest, when I first started the tournament, I expected it to be mediocre at best. I had no previous experience running a tournament, I had only just taking over Troid and was running it single handedly, and I was asking for a quite a lot in order for the tournament to be successful. Thankfully, due to a great number of people who signed up, were helpful and supportive, and thanks to the fact a number of great managers were involved, the tournament turned out to be a huge success. Not many tournaments can run for nearly an entire calendar year straight, but we managed to pull it off, and we even managed to pick up “Tournament of the Year 2014” as a result, beating off some huge competition in the ITFL and even the mega tournament that was the Tycoon Olympics. I would like to place on record my thanks to the managers who stuck with this tournament through to the end, and also thanks to those managers who entered replacement fighters when the tournament was looking doomed in order to save it. This has been one of the most enjoyable experiences of my MMA Tycoon career, and it is all down to the community involvement and fun that came with some top managers being involved. My favourite part of this tournament would probably be during the first few events, chat would always have a few people in there and we would be waiting for the results to see who is going up and down the table. Was always fun to discuss the fighters and what we feel about them, and hopefully some future seasons can retain the same kind of feeling around them. Now, with all the sombreness out of the way, we do still have one last round of fights to preview, so without further ado, let’s get right into it!

http://i.gyazo.com/0d9463e8295ad5b8c0b76c2b16f91149.png

Our first fight sees popular smacktalking Irishman “The Cork Convict” Conor McCracken take on the quiet and conservative (not the political party) Gregor MCconnor.

Conor McCracken has shown himself to be one of the most outspoken participants of the Season. With a vocabulary that could only come with growing up in Ireland, he has talked the talk, and put on a fight against everyone he came up against. A Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt, he has gained 7 of his 8 wins via Submission, and most impressive of all, is that he has won using a different submission every time. One has to wonder if he will pull off another submission, or possibly even a legendary TDPW. Only time will tell, but expect McCracken to take the fight down to his zone.

Gregor MCconnor hasn’t had a great tournament run, but he has shown incredible heart by staying in the tournament til the end. He has lost his last 6 on the spin, although having said that they were mostly all the top contenders. He will be hoping he can survive McCracken’s submissions and come away with another decision, as I don’t see him gaining a (T)KO.

Prediction: Conor McCracken to win via Submission in Round 1

http://i.gyazo.com/87646ad9e05a45e21c78fa3d50b51520.png

Our next fight sees formerly dropped Sebastian Scrooge take on tournament replacement Matt Smith.

Sebastian Scrooge was an original entry in the tournament, under the management of Dave F. However, after going 0-5 in his first 5 bouts, he was dropped by his management and looked to cause an issue for the tournament. However, he was picked up by myself in order to keep the tournament going. After an initially promising start, going 2-0-1 in his first three fights, including a draw against top competitor Jimmy Doyle, Scrooge would go 0-4 in his next 4 fights, with one of those being an auto win after his opponent dropped out. His competition during these 3 tournament bouts were tough however, competing against McCracken, Carlyle and Boshtok. He will be looking to finish on a high before he leaves the MMA scene, and a win here will do the job.

Matt Smith was a tournament replacement, and he has shown he could have been one of the top competitors has he been involved from the get go. After going 4-1 in QFC bouts, he got involved in TNTF and has since gone 4-2 with wins over Yuri Boshtok and Commander Shepard. He is a dangerous Muay Thai fighter, and will be looking to finish the season on a high also, and his dangerous clinch game could be the decisive factor.

Prediction: Matt Smith to win via (T)KO in Round 1

http://i.gyazo.com/6f5a97659521c5de22f822ed10c2bfe7.png

Midway through the round now, and we see tournament leader Yuri Boshtok attempt to secure first place as he takes on another tournament replacement in Gerry Khan.

Yuri Boshtok has been a dominant fighter in TNTF, as he has racked up a 12-2 record. His big issue is fighting grapplers who are sound defensively. He was brutalised in the clinch by Matt Smith, showing a possible flaw in his game, but he was also beaten by popular fighter Jimmy Doyle. Despite this, he leads the tournament with 10 KO wins giving him the points needed to be in first place, as well as one round of NC which gave him an auto win. He has a fantastic wrestling game, and can change levels to control where the fight occurs. He will most likely be looking to take this fight to the ground, and if he does, he will be in a great position to finish.

Gerry Khan is a great Muay Thai striker who has the KO power to end anyone’s night early. Joining the tournament as a late replacement, he has gone 3-6 in the tournament but has proven to have a weakness against strong grapplers as his only losses in the first round have come via Submission. He will be hoping to keep this fight standing, and look to use his Muay Thai to great effect.

Prediction: Yuri Boshtok to win via (T)KO in Round 2

http://i.gyazo.com/17980180572d44d477291aac5723e8e0.png

Our penultimate fight of the tournament sees huge crowd favourite Geralt of Rivia take on another popular fighter in Commander Shepard.

Geralt of Rivia has been one of the true revelations of the season. Insane KO power is coupled with a strong Sprawl and Brawl developed game which has allowed him to deal with a variety of styles and end them all with his fists. He is also one of the most spoken fighters in the tournament, regularly talking to the media regarding his opponents and this has only seen the media attention continue to swirl around him as the tournament has progressed. Once you see his KO record, you also have to add in that he has shown a great chin, and is one of the more difficult of the fighters to compete against. He will be hoping Gerry Khan can pull off an upset against Boshtok, as if he does and Geralt wins, he will claim first place. He will also be hoping Doyle can defeat Carlyle, which will guarantee Geralt claims second as long as he wins.

Commander Shepard is one of the more flashy fighters in the tournament. He has picked up 6 KO Of The Night awards as well as 2 Fight Of The Night awards. He has gained a reputation for pulling off big finishes, with Head Kicks, and even a Flying Knee, being added to his record. He has a strong wrestling game, and likes to attack his opponents with his striking. However, he does have a diagnosis of having a glass jaw, and against an opponent like Geralt, that is not something you want to have.

Prediction: Geralt of Rivia to win via (T)KO in Round 1

http://i.gyazo.com/c6e2b031ac55e94eab65354bc93398c5.png

Our last fight of the tournament is a battle for third place, and probably Fighter of the Season, as Charles “Crossbow” Carlyle takes on Jimmy “Popeye” Doyle.

Charles Carlyle is one of the most well rounded competitors in the tournament, and has proven himself to be a real force. High levels of Wrestling and BJJ are supported by his ever growing striking game. He has shown he can finish fights, with 4 (T)KO wins and 5 Submission wins, but it is his 3 decisions wins which are preventing him from claiming the second place spot. Alongside that, he is in a fight for his third place position here as Jimmy Doyle is breathing down his neck in 4th. He will be hoping for a finish here, not only as he looks to secure 3rd, but also to possibly overtake Geralt or Yuri if they should slip up.

Jimmy Doyle is another well rounded fighter who is a serious contender for the Fighter of the Season award. Doyle is pretty much even with Carlyle, except for a Draw with Scrooge which has put him a point behind in the fight for 3rd. Two losses at the start of the tournament is all that prevented Doyle from claiming 1st, as he has gone on a 12 fight unbeaten streak which has yielded 11 wins. With excellent levels of BJJ, Wrestling and Muay Thai, Doyle will go on to have a great career following TNTF regardless of where he goes, and he will be hoping to add one of those medals to kick off his collection. He has the ability to beat Carlyle, it all comes down to a game of sliders in this one.

Prediction: Jimmy Doyle to win via Unanimous Decision

That concludes our preview of the TNTF fights, and it has been a great chance to look back at the fighters in the tournament and how they have done.

It has been a pleasure to host this tournament, and I want to say best of luck to all participants in the final round, and in their careers following TNTF.

• Grant Brophy (GBK16)

• Upvote 2

And that as they say is that.

Congratulations to TNTF Season 1 Winner - Yuri Boshtok!

Amazing end to the tournament, as he was just 4 seconds away from dropping down to 2nd in the rankings, but he pulled out a submission at the very end!

Also congratulations to both Geralt of Rivia, who claimed Second place, and also to Jimmy Doyle, who claimed 3rd place on the final day with a win over Charles Carlyle! He is 3rd by virtue of having more Decision wins after they were both tied for Points and Finishes.

Thank you to everyone for participating, I will be sending the cash to the winners via Private Jet as the Transfer Fees would be ridiculously high, and I have already purchased the VIP time for the winners!

http://i.gyazo.com/b5a93adbec543f325931b9bd19141109.pnghttp://i.gyazo.com/19694032207266b491a156ed1f7a0931.png

http://i.gyazo.com/bd9a42ed55266e8c4cb8fc6257d605f1.png

Once again, thank you for participating and making this an extremely enjoyable tournament! I will be working out the OTS awards over the next week as well.

• Upvote 4

Congrats to Yuri, he was an absolute beast throughout the tournament. Also congrats to Geralt too, after a shaky start he really had a great run with some awesome power - 12 wins all by KO/TKO.

I thought Doyle had no chance of getting into the top 3 so that was a big surprise and my best result from a tournament to date.

Well done Grant, that was an amazing tournament, you did a truely great job of running it and keeping it together.

Phew!

I'm bloody delighted. Yuri pulled out his first ever submission with 4 seconds to go. Otherwise Geralt would have pipped me.

Well done Jimmy Doyle and Geralt and Carlyle. Some beasts have been made there.

Once again - I'm bloody delighted! Woooohooooo!! I've come second in two other tournaments. At last #1.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2yx3uhl.jpg

Edit: Also, big thanks to Little Yoshi who beat two of the top fighters Carlyle and Doyle in the very first two rounds. Vital. A short but sweet career for that man.

Aw man, only 4 more seconds and i would of been champ :(

Well done Boshtok, you deserve it more than Geralt, so do Doyle and Carlyle for that matter. I would still be happy with 4th place haha. Maybe some time the TNTF guys that are left can meet up some time. But for now, a nice long training break is what Geralt needs.

Awesome tournament though, TNTF 2 is needed :D

Aw man, only 4 more seconds and i would of been champ :(

Well done Boshtok, you deserve it more than Geralt, so do Doyle and Carlyle for that matter. I would still be happy with 4th place haha. Maybe some time the TNTF guys that are left can meet up some time. But for now, a nice long training break is what Geralt needs.

Awesome tournament though, TNTF 2 is needed :D

Definitely something I plan on doing, but I wanna do the ITFL first which lasts til November and then work out a format to run Season 2 at. Odds are, it will be Spring/Summer of next year when I do run Season 2.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14183557329972.jpg

Matt Smith

Overall I am happy with my performance in the tourny, I beat the people who I should beat and lost a couple I probably should have lost anyways. I still have a long way to go but I know I am not far off from where I need to be. Thanks to everyone for participating and thanks to Troid for organizing, this tournament has me energized for more.

• 9 months later...

Yuri's still going full guns. He's had a couple of fights in USFC, including a glory fight against long term champ Neymar Junior, but couldn't wrestle him to the floor, losing a decision. His last contracted fight is coming up, should be a fun ground matchup. He's done alright, a little behind in training compared to similar ages, who haven't gone through a mad long tournament.

Was certainly a fun one.

• Upvote 2