The Island

ValentinasAss

Island is 6 month so ends December if I remember right

No need to use your memory. It says on the highstreet:

A hidden island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. The Island runs on a 6 month season where nobody interacts with the outside world. As no external money comes into The Island, it's like a new game starting each 6 monthly period, offering a fresh challenge with everyone on an equal footing. Season 7 ending 30th November. At the end of the season we have End of Season Finals to determine the winners.

What I'm asking is when do the finals take place and when do they fighters emigrate back to the main game.

• Upvote 2

This Island season has been absolute shit. Currently no orgs and a single clothing company with nothing in stock.

I'm sacking my Island fighter as I post this and I won't even bother participating next season. As far as I'm concerned, I've been burned one time too many by the Island and all the bullshit that seems to happen on it.

• Downvote 2

This Island season has been absolute shit. Currently no orgs and a single clothing company with nothing in stock.

I'm sacking my Island fighter as I post this and I won't even bother participating next season. As far as I'm concerned, I've been burned one time too many by the Island and all the bullshit that seems to happen on it.

Bro, the season is over. This is why there arent any orgs.

• Upvote 1

Whatever, doesn't change the fact that there's always dumb shit that happens every season. My guy had been sitting idle in the org he was in since early October. I still stand by my previous statement.

You should have logged on more often or accepted the fights given to you within 3 days (I made the rules clear from Day 1: Accept your fights fast or they go to someone else). When you were active I gave you 6 fights during those 2 months you used to log almost every day. You didn't win much and then stopped being active, typical.

I'm sorry but the Island is not the friendliest place for casual players. Active managers expect fights every 10-15 days and orgs have to cater to them, because they are active, they bring in the hype, the crowds, the cash. Newsflash: Like in the real world.

You wake up 2 months after to complain how there are no orgs in the Island. LOL 2 days after the season ended, it just goes to show how clueless you were the entire time.

This season of the Island might not have had all the fireworks past seasons had in terms of role playing but org owners (lol it was basically just Scotty and I) had to make a choice between booking fights to keep 200+ managers busy or making it pretty with marketing & advertisement. Take a wild guess which choice won?

What this season had though was challenging fights and surprises everywhere. Even non VIP managers shined and the perenial champs had to work extra hard, some did not even succeed.

/mic drop

• Upvote 5

You should have logged on more often or accepted the fights given to you within 3 days (I made the rules clear from Day 1: Accept your fights fast or they go to someone else). When you were active I gave you 6 fights during those 2 months you used to log almost every day. You didn't win much and then stopped being active, typical.

I'm sorry but the Island is not the friendliest place for casual players. Active managers expect fights every 10-15 days and orgs have to cater to them, because they are active, they bring in the hype, the crowds, the cash. Newsflash: Like in the real world.

You wake up 2 months after to complain how there are no orgs in the Island. LOL 2 days after the season ended, it just goes to show how clueless you were the entire time.

This season of the Island might not have had all the fireworks past seasons had in terms of role playing but org owners (lol it was basically just Scotty and I) had to make a choice between booking fights to keep 200+ managers busy or making it pretty with marketing & advertisement. Take a wild guess which choice won?

What this season had though was challenging fights and surprises everywhere. Even non VIP managers shined and the perenial champs had to work extra hard, some did not even succeed.

/mic drop

I always had the rule, if you don't log on for 3 days in a row I'll take your fights away. Especially on the Island. where you often have to book fights a few days beforehand. On top of that, a lot of those inactive guys are noobs or non-VIPS. There are a few veteran managers that I know log in only once a week, I can cater to that, but if a noob or non-VIP goes inactive there is a really big chance he's not coming back to the game.

• Upvote 1

/mic drop

Fine. You know what? I admit I wasn't as active as I once was. Real life commitments got in the way. The last few months I only logged on once or twice a week to update weekly training plans, buy clothing and supps, and set strategies for fights. In hindsight, I made a huge knee jerk reaction posting this crap. I've had more bad experiences on the Island than good ones, and it just all built up in me to the point I just snapped. I should've just sacked my guy and ended my season early knowing I didn't have the time to manage daily. Not to mention I honestly did think the season stll had another month to go (damn, time flies).

Now that I've had time to cool off a bit and actually think, I'll recant my previous statements about the Island and participate next season, as my commitments do free up a bit by the time it starts. Does dumb shit happen there? Yes, but it isn't like that stuff happens anywhere else. Sure, it may be more noticeable and annoying whan it happens on the Island than anywhere else, but I have had good experiences there as well. I just have to learn to let the good overshadow the bad.

I guess you could call this an apology of sorts (a pretty shit one if you ask me, but I kinda have a low opinion of myself). Regardless, I was wrong, and I can admit to that.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Fine. You know what? I admit I wasn't as active as I once was. Real life commitments got in the way. The last few months I only logged on once or twice a week to update weekly training plans, buy clothing and supps, and set strategies for fights. In hindsight, I made a huge knee jerk reaction posting this crap. I've had more bad experiences on the Island than good ones, and it just all built up in me to the point I just snapped. I should've just sacked my guy and ended my season early knowing I didn't have the time to manage daily. Not to mention I honestly did think the season stll had another month to go (damn, time flies).

Now that I've had time to cool off a bit and actually think, I'll recant my previous statements about the Island and participate next season, as my commitments do free up a bit by the time it starts. Does dumb shit happen there? Yes, but it isn't like that stuff happens anywhere else. Sure, it may be more noticeable and annoying whan it happens on the Island than anywhere else, but I have had good experiences there as well. I just have to learn to let the good overshadow the bad.

I guess you could call this an apology of sorts (a pretty shit one if you ask me, but I kinda have a low opinion of myself). Regardless, I was wrong, and I can admit to that.

Great reply. Admitting you're wrong and giving an apology (even a shit one) on the internet is a big deal. I like you.

Having said that, I did get pretty bored at the end of The Island season (it may have had to do with my fighter becoming a journeyman; the org itself at Island FC was doing an awesome job) and it was just my first time participating so take that into account but IMHO The Island should've had "themed" seasons like: 18 y/o creations only season; KT-only season; midgets-only (135-155) season; 25 y/o creations; female division; etc.

• Upvote 1

Great reply. Admitting you're wrong and giving an apology (even a shit one) on the internet is a big deal. I like you.

Having said that, I did get pretty bored at the end of The Island season (it may have had to do with my fighter becoming a journeyman; the org itself at Island FC was doing an awesome job) and it was just my first time participating so take that into account but IMHO The Island should've had "themed" seasons like: 18 y/o creations only season; KT-only season; midgets-only (135-155) season; 25 y/o creations; female division; etc.

I love that idea! Making the Island themed would be a huge positive add to the island and sure as hell would make the island feel like it's own thing.

this was my first island season and my island fighter was one of my first i got to create. i had no problem getting fights but i log on everyday even if its just a quick visit to accept fights. i really liked the island and plan on doing it again. granted i had a much different noob experience than most. i ended the season 10-1 and the number 1 seed for the 135lbs division. i may not win the tournament. we will see about that but regardless i had a fun season learning and next time i will have a much better fighter.

The bolded red right there. I would love to have gender be involved in the game. Currently you can pick age, height, weight, but not gender. So it's like what kind of guy do you want to create, but being able to create female fighters adds a different dynamic for us players, and org owners as well. While grant it in real mma female fighters skill level isn't as high as the men yet, but it vastly improving and fast too. So we are starting to get to see better technical fights with women fighters which I love. Anyways I think it would be good for Mike to consider that. Everyday there are more and more women becoming fans of MMA so why not go after the gaming demographic for them as well. I'm sure there are probably a few women that might play the game already, but I guarantee there would be more playing if you could create a woman fighter. Also look at it like this too a VIP automatically has 10 slots and there are less than 10 weight classes. If you could make female fighters rather they had 1, 2 , 3 or 5 weight classes it add more variety to what you can make. I'm also pretty sure you might even see a couple female fighter only orgs. Giving previous org owners that have maybe made it to the top before managing might want to see if they could do it from scratch and build the biggest female org. Also the current community I could see flocking to it for bragging rights as with it being something new putting everyone making that particular thing on an even playing field for building, developing, and fighting.

The bolded red right there. I would love to have gender be involved in the game. Currently you can pick age, height, weight, but not gender. So it's like what kind of guy do you want to create, but being able to create female fighters adds a different dynamic for us players, and org owners as well. While grant it in real mma female fighters skill level isn't as high as the men yet, but it vastly improving and fast too. So we are starting to get to see better technical fights with women fighters which I love. Anyways I think it would be good for Mike to consider that. Everyday there are more and more women becoming fans of MMA so why not go after the gaming demographic for them as well. I'm sure there are probably a few women that might play the game already, but I guarantee there would be more playing if you could create a woman fighter. Also look at it like this too a VIP automatically has 10 slots and there are less than 10 weight classes. If you could make female fighters rather they had 1, 2 , 3 or 5 weight classes it add more variety to what you can make. I'm also pretty sure you might even see a couple female fighter only orgs. Giving previous org owners that have maybe made it to the top before managing might want to see if they could do it from scratch and build the biggest female org. Also the current community I could see flocking to it for bragging rights as with it being something new putting everyone making that particular thing on an even playing field for building, developing, and fighting.

that subject is a dead horse

Was looking great with 3/4 of my guys heading into the semis .... and then crashed and burned lol :) when I ran into the guy right above me ;) and the arm collector.

Had a great time though, the org made some $ to open my gym and really got to practice my sliders with so many fights.

Our alliance (LAPD) did really well, not just in the fight department but we also set ourselves up financially nicely and the future is bright :) The team returns to the mainland with high spirits and our pockets full.

Congratulations to all the winners of the tourney and the Island champions !!

Sincerely,

Ibby

• Upvote 1