Bisping vs GSP

Can not strip him lol. Everyone one forgets how active he is. He should be stripped if he aint going to defend the belt but for all we know his next fight could be his first defence.

He has not even been away that long

I would honestly consider stripping him because at this point there is way too much uncertainty around him. It has been months since his last fight and there has been no plans for his next fight. He has not shown interest in fighting in 2017 and it seems he is getting ready for a fight with Mayweather. Personally i would strip him and if he decides to come back for the long term to give him a title shot. It seems to me that he does not give a crap about the title, he wants the money fights. He would be more interested in fighting a donkey as long as it pays more.

I would honestly consider stripping him because at this point there is way too much uncertainty around him. It has been months since his last fight and there has been no plans for his next fight. He has not shown interest in fighting in 2017 and it seems he is getting ready for a fight with Mayweather. Personally i would strip him and if he decides to come back for the long term to give him a title shot. It seems to me that he does not give a crap about the title, he wants the money fights. He would be more interested in fighting a donkey as long as it pays more.

Noone is getting ready for a Mayweather fight. There are tons of reporters talking to Mayweather and I see all over the place "watch this video of Mayweather discussing why a fight vs Mcgregor would be 'competitive'" but it ain't going to happen. Did you see how long it took him to face Pacquiao? Took years. An even more vicious, longer, stronger fighter emerges and he's going to fight him just like that? Give me a fucking break man. Noone is fighting Mayweather, dudes retired like he said.

Noone is getting ready for a Mayweather fight. There are tons of reporters talking to Mayweather and I see all over the place "watch this video of Mayweather discussing why a fight vs Mcgregor would be 'competitive'" but it ain't going to happen. Did you see how long it took him to face Pacquiao? Took years. An even more vicious, longer, stronger fighter emerges and he's going to fight him just like that? Give me a fucking break man. Noone is fighting Mayweather, dudes retired like he said.

Yeah but Pacquiao posed a genuine threat and this was a 50/50 fight.

Notorious doesn't stand a chance in a boxing match against Mayweather so Mayweather would accept this in a heartbeat for the right pay.

Yeah but Pacquiao posed a genuine threat and this was a 50/50 fight.

Notorious doesn't stand a chance in a boxing match against Mayweather so Mayweather would accept this in a heartbeat for the right pay.

Actually posed a threat, I thought so too until I saw him unleash everything on Mayweather and he took Pacquiao's best and kept on going. He is not a risky fighter, will not throw much in return but his defense is unparalelled. Noone can touch him IMO (now maybe Pacquiao was paid to take a dive so to speak and not really throw his real power on him but we'll never know...).

But I still think Conor can take him out for some reason. There is just something about his speed and timing with his power that makes me think he can hit through Mayweathers guard.

Actually posed a threat, I thought so too until I saw him unleash everything on Mayweather and he took Pacquiao's best and kept on going. He is not a risky fighter, will not throw much in return but his defense is unparalelled. Noone can touch him IMO (now maybe Pacquiao was paid to take a dive so to speak and not really throw his real power on him but we'll never know...).

But I still think Conor can take him out for some reason. There is just something about his speed and timing with his power that makes me think he can hit through Mayweathers guard.

Conor will be +500 at least, maybe +700

As an Englishman I am really proud of Bisping being our first champ and how he smashed Rockhold... But I think he over exerted and George didn't care enough, seemed a bit embarrassing

If we see the same motivated always improving George, I think he will take Bisping down mutiple times per round and use the threat of the takedown to technically pick Bisping apart on the feet.

However I can see Bisping using his longer reach and quicker jab and 1,2 to win this decision.

I can't see this fight being stopped really.

I would agree that Romero is far more dangerous and it is unfair to take the shot away from himself and Jacare.

• Upvote 1

Conor has great timing and speed for mma but boxing is another level. From a technical standpoint Conor doesn't stand a chance against most pro boxers but against the greatest defensive/technical boxer of all time despite age and I don't even give him a punchers chance. I haven't even mentioned the glove size which will help floyd, if they were mma sized gloves then I could see Conor landing but with those huge gloves that Floyd likes there's no chance. I see Conor getting his ass whooped and probably getting finished in the 4th or 5th round. And that's being generous.

Let's hold off on the stripping talk just yet. It took Cain nearly two years to defend it, and 1 1/2 years for Cruz to lose it. We all knew CmG wouldn't fight till May. If the Floyd fight gets booked, then let's talk, not sooner

I don't understand that argument, both cain and Cruz and aldo(another name I've heard with this argument) were all willing to defend the title and many times scheduled to do so but injuries got in the way. The difference with Conor is that he hasn't shown a willingness do so like the others did and he doesn't have an injury excuse. If a champ goes out of his way to avoid defending his belt( and you can't say he hasn't done this, 3 times with the FW belt and now with Mayweather) then he must be stripped. If he cleaned out the division and had no real contenders like MM has done then it wouldn't be a big deal but the man gets the belt and runs then bitches when they take it from him.

I don't understand that argument, both cain and Cruz and aldo(another name I've heard with this argument) were all willing to defend the title and many times scheduled to do so but injuries got in the way. The difference with Conor is that he hasn't shown a willingness do so like the others did and he doesn't have an injury excuse. If a champ goes out of his way to avoid defending his belt( and you can't say he hasn't done this, 3 times with the FW belt and now with Mayweather) then he must be stripped. If he cleaned out the division and had no real contenders like MM has done then it wouldn't be a big deal but the man gets the belt and runs then bitches when they take it from him.

I don't care about the reason someone is not defending. Imo, one year without a defence is an interim belt, 1 1/2 year is stripped. Heck, the UFC would be stupid to strip him, he makes them more money than all the other guys do if they fought 4 times a year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't care about the reason someone is not defending. Imo, one year without a defence is an interim belt, 1 1/2 year is stripped. Heck, the UFC would be stupid to strip him, he makes them more money than all the other guys do if they fought 4 times a year.

It doesn't bother you at all that Conor can defend the belt but doesn't want to? What kind of champion is that? I don't care if he won it yesterday if he starts looking at other divisions or sports that's where I draw the line. To be a real champ you have to defend the belt.

And if we're talking money, Conor doesn't need the belt at this point to sell huge arenas and ppv's. So that's not a reason to let him keep it either.

It doesn't bother you at all that Conor can defend the belt but doesn't want to? What kind of champion is that? I don't care if he won it yesterday if he starts looking at other divisions or sports that's where I draw the line. To be a real champ you have to defend the belt.

And if we're talking money, Conor doesn't need the belt at this point to sell huge arenas and ppv's. So that's not a reason to let him keep it either.

It doesn't bother me, cause he will defend the belt. He is more active than other champs. If he gets the Floyd fight, let's talk. It's just been four months, and if the Floyd fight doesn't happen, he'll defend it in May or June. That's a break of like half a year only.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It doesn't bother me, cause he will defend the belt. He is more active than other champs. If he gets the Floyd fight, let's talk. It's just been four months, and if the Floyd fight doesn't happen, he'll defend it in May or June. That's a break of like half a year only.

How do you know he will defend it though? That has been my point all along. He is very active but he had the FW belt for over a year and fought 3 times and never gave it a thought. I see him doing the same with the LW belt and he's proving me right considering he's looking at boxing Mayweather. I think he wants that fight and will get it but it's gonna be a while imo before the deal is done and if he doesn't I bet he would rather look at fighting for the WW belt instead of defending his belt. You seem to be very optimistic about Conor's intentions but he's never shown to be wired that way. I don't see him defending that belt till early 2018 or mid 2018 but I hope you're right because the LW division has too much talent to just sit around waiting for him.

• Upvote 1

Even worse. I do not care about boxing, so we have someone, who is a 2 division champ (until recently), holding up the whole division to play games with Mayweather.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I'm not sure that you realise that we're talking about GSP the guy being champ 11th times in the UFC, beating the top at their time over and over. How can you count him out and neglect all his former fights, this is like if Mike Tyson took a lay off and came back of course he would get a title shot right away.

There is really two options in this fight:

-GSP is broke and need a fight so he took what he think the easier to him and doesn't give a fuck about the results but the money he get

-GSP really want to win this fight and be a champ in MW.

If the second is right I don't think anyone can count him out I believe Bisping is stronger and has as good cardio as GSP; high enough takedown defense and boxing skills to counter GSP style, BUT GSP do one thing better than any other fighter is to come in fights with the right strategy and tricks.

GSP doesn't like to get hit and I doubt he will come into the rings against the MW champ without being fully prepared to fight him, he's a mastermind after all.

Last thing about the timing of this fight if it happens and he beat Bisping then there is a possible title against Anderson Silva for the biggest MMA fight in the history, I doubt any thing else can motivate him more than that.

If I had any insight I would be willing to bet a lot of money on this fight 15-20 days before it happens as the odds will probably be far from reality.

Letting GSP fighting Bisping is shameless move bythe UFC. Sure, they give GSP a good money fight he might win, but at MW...?

Imagine if GSP wins and he would have to fight against Romero... he would get destroyed.

If GSP beats Bisping, they will try to set him up against McGregor.

He will avoid Romero / Jacare so he does not need to worry about that.

I love Anderson Silva but once Gastelum has his way with the former champ noone will want to fight him. Nobody really wants to fight him now anyways I find as he is a shadow of his former self.

And Anderson Silva is still one of my favourite fighters of all time! But everyone has their own rise and decline...

I'm just saying a Silva vs GSP fight is kind of anti-climactic at this point. Kind of like the way Mayweather went about fighting all these fighters who were once great and on their decline by the time he faced them - it's just not as great of an achievement once the guy is already falling apart and struggling to put together a win.

I would much rather see Mcgregor vs GSP to be honest and there is likely much, much more money in that than fighting GSP against Silva.

Would be a great fight too but it's a missmatch for McGregor GSP would just toy him.

Will be similar to Condit vs GSP except McG may not land the lucky head kick. GSP is a much heavier mesomorph, McG a naturally lighter ectomorph. The strength advantage is on GSPs side, the speed slightly to Mcgs advantage. Not quite enough to put GSP away.

Let's put it this way: Noone is beating GSP if they aren't on roids :showoff:

• 2 weeks later...

GSP vs anybody other than McGregor... will never reach the levels of McGregor fights.

GSP vs Anderson Silva would be a highly anticipated match for MMA fans, but not on a McGregor level.

I think Bisping wins this one. Will be close, but I think ring rust will be huge in a situation like this.

GSP vs anybody other than McGregor... will never reach the levels of McGregor fights.

GSP vs Anderson Silva would be a highly anticipated match for MMA fans, but not on a McGregor level.

I think Bisping wins this one. Will be close, but I think ring rust will be huge in a situation like this.

Bisping is bigger and is a smart fighter. He isn`t the prettiest, cleanest fighter, but he knows how to win. He will irritate GSP and outkickbox him. It will be a close fight normally but I actually think Bisping might tko him.

It's really tough to say. GSP as we saw in his last fights in the octagon doesn't have the best standup skills. It will be close af. Bisping does have the chance to tko him but GSP couldn't get ko'd by a dude on roids who was koing everyone.

It all comes down to "can Bisping stop the GSP TD and has his wrestling improved enough to keep it standing?"

• Downvote 1