League of Madness

The1rstSaint

Best Fight Performance so Far  

14 members have voted

1. 1. You cannot pick your own fighter

• Week 1 Mohammed Kahn Round 2 TKO (Strikes)
    • Week 2 Magnus Gunnarson Round 1 Submission (Triangle Armbar)
    • Week 3 Xmus Jaxon Flaxon Waxon Round 3 KO (Strikes)
    • Week 4 Ragnar Blaze Round 1 TKO (Strikes)

• 6 months later...

Breaking News... violent protest erupt in the streets of Beirut when local rebel leader and heroic MMA fighter Mohammed Kahn was snubbed of a Knockout of the Night award following his epic Championship performance against Ralph Maguire of the finale of the League of Madness.

The finale between Team Alex fighter Maguire and Team Convicted fighter Kahn started off as a close contest until Kahn found his timing and rhythm in the 3rd round and ultimately won the war of attrition scoring a brutal uppercut knockout.

Kahn was the #1 prospect entering the house and easily dismantled every opponent in his path. He started trending after he called both coaches hot garbage. His egotistic charisma and brash personality made him the star of the show.

Out of curiosity, there enough interest in a 360K Madness TUF Style tournament (W/C TBD) or should we let it go out with Butch?

Out of curiosity, there enough interest in a 360K Madness TUF Style tournament (W/C TBD) or should we let it go out with Butch?

Definitively interested in something like that. I would support it 100%

As the winning coach I would be ok defending my title.

There would have to be new coaches this time around to keel it fresh.

Like karter vs me or GWad based on history would be fun.

• Upvote 1

Not concrete, unless it generates enough interest...

MADNESS 360K TUF TOURNAMENT

Payouts

1st Place - 500K

2nd Place - 100K

Both fighters receive custom trophies

Coach receives 100K at end of season for participation

Winning Coach receives extra 100K and custom trophy

2 teams; 16 fighters

W/C TBD

Any volunteers in advance for coaches? I'd prefer to participate with a fighter.

Btw we need a tournament host. Somebody who's basically going to play org owner and forum poster, bracket, etc.

At end of season Tournament Host receives 100K*.

If garners enough interest, we could run 2 different w/c's simultaneously. Same teams, same coaches. Bigger house.

* accepting donations to cash prize pool; coach donations; tournament host donations; fighter prize donations.

I am willing to be a coach for this season, but preferably if the opponent coach is someone I do not like at all.

Not per se a must, but makes it more entertaining.

If selected, I will need some overview of the rules and guidelines though (when are fights picked, how much time in between the fights, can one fighter fight multiple times,...), as I did not read anything about that in the OP.

Not concrete, unless it generates enough interest...

MADNESS 360K TUF TOURNAMENT

Payouts

1st Place - 500K

2nd Place - 100K

Both fighters receive custom trophies

Coach receives 100K at end of season for participation

Winning Coach receives extra 100K and custom trophy

2 teams; 16 fighters

W/C TBD

Any volunteers in advance for coaches? I'd prefer to participate with a fighter.

Btw we need a tournament host. Somebody who's basically going to play org owner and forum poster, bracket, etc.

At end of season Tournament Host receives 100K*.

If garners enough interest, we could run 2 different w/c's simultaneously. Same teams, same coaches. Bigger house.

* accepting donations to cash prize pool; coach donations; tournament host donations; fighter prize donations.

Aspire will happily sponsor the tournament if you'll have us and offer to put up an extra $1,000,000 to the winner and $500,000 to the runner up. Also maybe knock up some shirts for the winner/winning team

Aspire will happily sponsor the tournament if you'll have us and offer to put up an extra $1,000,000 to the winner and $500,000 to the runner up. Also maybe knock up some shirts for the winner/winning team

Lock it in. Feel free to lead the charge on this btw. Prefer just to sign up a fighter and put the original $1,000,000 up to cover the cost for the prizes above.

The proper thing to do would be to have a poll voting the next two coaches but we all know the usual people will cheat. Only way I'm for that is if it's a poll where only active forum members' votes count.

I'll say this now though... The two coaches need to be based on creative writing ie role playing ability. I know for sure I can write quite a lot of crazy fictional shit up as I am a role play nerd so whether it's Epicity vs Karter with a redemption/rivalry story or Epicity vs Bjorn in rekindling an old rivalry you know I want that shit.

Bjorn v Epicity..? I like it. Origi v Highjack

Highjack swung with a counter right hand that didn't connect.

Highjack cracks Origi with an open hand slap.

Origi gets clipped by a big right hand and goes down spinning to the canvas! Highjack gets the back mount and begins to drop bombs on his rocked foe! Origi is too out of it to defend against the strikes and the referee jumps in to save him from the beatdown!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 3:52 of round 5, we have a winner by way of TKO (Strikes). Remi Highjack!

As Remi Highjack got his breath back, he grabbed the microphone and managed to blurt out the following: I told you son, I told you not to underestimate me. I hit hard son, I go hard son while you going home son.'.

In defeat, Divock Origi stepped up to the mic, saying 'Good job man. Hopefully one day I can work myself up to a rematch. '.

But he never worked himself up for a rematch... And neither did Bjorn.

Origi gets clipped by a big right hand and goes down spinning to the canvas! Highjack gets the back mount and begins to drop bombs on his rocked foe! Origi is too out of it to defend against the strikes and the referee jumps in to save him from the beatdown!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 3:52 of round 5, we have a winner by way of TKO (Strikes). Remi Highjack!

As Remi Highjack got his breath back, he grabbed the microphone and managed to blurt out the following: I told you son, I told you not to underestimate me. I hit hard son, I go hard son while you going home son.'.

In defeat, Divock Origi stepped up to the mic, saying 'Good job man. Hopefully one day I can work myself up to a rematch. '.

Maybe it's time

• Upvote 1

Nice try, I'll bite, just for the sake of some animosity and increasing our chances of being TUF coaches later.

While Remi was left abandoned in the gutter by his manager (you!), Origi was beating the likes of Sotiris Kakoullis and climbed to 13th p4p.

I forgot, how high did Remi end up on the p4p ranks again?

tenor.gif

With those hiddens and that extra Wolf juice Remi should of been top 10.

He would of been.. My sliders were coming along when I left but still flawed and I didn't have the full scope of knowledge I have now but with his hiddens and him just hitting 30 he would of been top 5 at the very least even if I didn't improve on sliders.

I'm pretty confident that I could get him to No. 1 with what I know now but then again... I may have more experience and knowledge now... but I'm also lazier than I have ever been. Pretty sure I need to set training for ALL my fighters at the moment. I just checked and Renato never stopped training after his fight.

I could host if no one else wanted to?

I do think it would be a cool idea to say no testing allowed? That way the coaches would actually have to put some thought into their picks and do some actual scouting.

Something along the lines of everyone makes their fighter and then have a randomly generated opening round of fights that mean nothing except for the judges to pick their teams. One judge gets first pick of fighters and the other gets first choice of fight. Winning team gets control of the next match up?

Just like the real TUF!

• Upvote 2

I could host if no one else wanted to?

I do think it would be a cool idea to say no testing allowed? That way the coaches would actually have to put some thought into their picks and do some actual scouting.

Something along the lines of everyone makes their fighter and then have a randomly generated opening round of fights that mean nothing except for the judges to pick their teams. One judge gets first pick of fighters and the other gets first choice of fight. Winning team gets control of the next match up?

Just like the real TUF!

We would need 32 fighters signed up to make it work. I'm down for testing, personally. Just so people don't go through entire tournament w/ somebody they're cutting no matter what cuz they popped likes pizza, but I'm okay without it. Just makes the 16 that get in more random.