Successful careers for 25yo fighters, example?

damndaniel

Yeah, there are anomalies but a 25-year-old fighter generally won't last too long.. you may get lucky and go 8-0 or something but you will eventually get surpassed by the younger guys and they will smash you.. you might even beat an 18-year-old with your 25-year-old and by the time your guy is 27, the younger fighter if trained correctly will have surpassed him in virtually every category.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I would suggest making a couple 25 year olds so you can fight early on and learn sliders and have something to do while you have a project or two going. but like ^ he said, 25yos will never have a career like a project, theyre just for short term use

Highly recommend this! For learning sliders and because younger fighters generally need a little time and money to build up and that's not usually an option for new managers.

• Downvote 1

Also adding to that, having a couple of decent 25yr olds will get you a few wins, and will build your own hype as a manager, therefore you will have a better chance of bidding on and recruiting a better fighter who becomes available in free agency.

If two managers bid on the same free agent fighter, the one who has the best hype will get him.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=358192

This is a fighter I signed to the HFC who is lined up to have a nice career as a 25 year old. But honestly, any 25 year old will most likely have a solid short term career, but the 18 year olds will overtake them before they turn 19. So for long term, I would definitely not consider a 25 year old, just keep them around until the 18 year olds catch up maybe, but if you want a long term successful fighter, definitely go 18 year old, the gap is just way too significant to ignore.

You can definitely make a 25 year old and if he has a good run in the amateur QFC circuit and proceeds to an ID org with beneficial competition available (and this combination with hiddens permitting) then it's a possibility.

I have done it with 2 fighters:

Phil Mcracken (this guy is not as good but found some success in my early days. This was a 25 yo "project" that I took time to train and then found orgs to fight him in. He wasn't amazing but a decent example)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=168902

Patrick Jayne (this is literally one of the best fighters I have ever had hiddens wise and otherwise when it came to luck and competition as well, same idea as Phil, took time to train him but created at 25 yo and he panned out with hiddens and later with orgs etc.)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=172994

Even though I have now come to realize a #1 P4P fighter I still remember Patrick Jayne as one of my best because his hiddens were great and he always surprised me when it came to being outmatched skillwise, having faced a handful of young projects that should have killed him on paper. I used to think he was such a wizard how he would just float around and keep in the fight, sometimes destroying, submitting and just blowing out dudes that should have had him beat. The key I think was his Heart which was near max value (125/150). He also had great confidence at 143 and KO power as well at 132, not to mention his fast learning 134 which helped train him all along and to be a threat all along. His chin sucked at 35 but with the Heart carrying him it rarely made a difference.