RISE on the ISLAND-Official Thread

junglelord

Id like to start off and say welcome to the new ISLAND SEASON!!!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company_banners/1541074043banner.fw.png

As of when i am writing this all current island fighters have been offered a contract to fight for the hottest new fight company on the island, RISE on the ISLAND. We are committed to offering you as a fighter the best experience. Fights can be as often as you want them to be. The initial contracts(300/300/500) are just that, once the org is up and running and stable, everyone will be given renegotiation's for more money. As of now we will book 1-2 events a week, but will soon boost that up to 2-3+ for more frequent fights. The titles will not be given out for a little while though as we want champs to be tested fighters. A minimum of 2 wins in the org are required for a title shot.

Also, we will be doing a custom ranking system, title fights will be awarded based off this and not hype/pop.

If you have any questions feel free to message me. Good luck to all and lets have a great Island Season.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

URGENT UPDATE- Rise on the Island is not able to offer any new fighters signing bonuses at this time due to running out of money. Any new fighters that want contracts, message me and i will send contract with no signing bonus, and after the first event i will then send your fighter a new contract with the signing bonus on it. Thanks for understanding.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

URGENT UPDATE- Rise on the Island is not able to offer any new fighters signing bonuses at this time due to running out of money. Any new fighters that want contracts, message me and i will send contract with no signing bonus, and after the first event i will then send your fighter a new contract with the signing bonus on it. Thanks for understanding.

My fighter will give back the signing bonus to help the org grow knowing that he can depend upon you later if that helps you make an offer to others that they'll accept.

Edit: Just realized that fighters can't transfer cash to others (hence, the laundry, duh) and that you can't send money in for use with the island in any way. Dang.

• Upvote 1

My fighter will give back the signing bonus to help the org grow knowing that he can depend upon you later if that helps you make an offer to others that they'll accept.

Edit: Just realized that fighters can't transfer cash to others (hence, the laundry, duh) and that you can't send money in for use with the island in any way. Dang.

not a huge deal. i would think most would be ok to wait a week for their signing bonus

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh yeah, absolutely. It's an exploit. I'll abuse it for the greater good until I'm explicitly warned against doing so. (c:

And the problem with that whole situation...is that it works...for those who have a business slot still. And then the problem on top of that, given some of the threads I've seen, is the rampant cheating/use of multi's, so even if somebody did use their slot on mainland they just use an alt in the Island (or two, or three). So unless somebody is willing to break the rules, they'll be playing at a severe disadvantage. But then there's the grey area of "is it really against the rules if it's in the open and nothing's done about it?". So you'll get folks who will justify it one way or another as being ok. So then the ones who were trying to play by the rules get tempted to either ride the train and do it too, because it's the only way to have a fair and level playing field...or...just walk away from a game that doesn't have it's rules enforced.

And then there will be the mockery of somebody boasting about winning on the Island. Yet, nobody will know if that person cheated their ass off to do so, and even if they did, they'll likely claim everybody else was doing it too, so it wasn't really cheating.

For me right now, the game is a new novelty so it holds interest. Long term, I could definitely see myself walking away out of principle due to these issues I've seen already. And I've only been here for what, 3 weeks? Less?

And the problem with that whole situation...is that it works...for those who have a business slot still. And then the problem on top of that, given some of the threads I've seen, is the rampant cheating/use of multi's, so even if somebody did use their slot on mainland they just use an alt in the Island (or two, or three). So unless somebody is willing to break the rules, they'll be playing at a severe disadvantage. But then there's the grey area of "is it really against the rules if it's in the open and nothing's done about it?". So you'll get folks who will justify it one way or another as being ok. So then the ones who were trying to play by the rules get tempted to either ride the train and do it too, because it's the only way to have a fair and level playing field...or...just walk away from a game that doesn't have it's rules enforced.

And then there will be the mockery of somebody boasting about winning on the Island. Yet, nobody will know if that person cheated their ass off to do so, and even if they did, they'll likely claim everybody else was doing it too, so it wasn't really cheating.

For me right now, the game is a new novelty so it holds interest. Long term, I could definitely see myself walking away out of principle due to these issues I've seen already. And I've only been here for what, 3 weeks? Less?

ok ok ok...... lets get this thread back on track..... this is a thread about RISE on the ISLAND

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1541380960ROTI-01.fw.png

Sponsored by: VENUM MMA WEAR (5569)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1541091810VENOM%20LOGO.png

PRESENTS:

ROTI-01 (915120)

NOV 8, 2018

Micro Arena - The Island (400)

Welcome to the newest Island Season at MMA Tycoon! We are excited to announce the 1st event scheduled for the season through the promotion Rise on the Island that takes place Nov 8th inside the Micro Arena. There will be 10 exciting fights in the cage, and rules are 10 point must system in case it goes to the judges decision. Lets look at the top 5 fights of the card to get a better idea of what to expect.

Rodney "The Painkiller" Halford (341578) vs. Nacho Stiffy (341576)

205 Lbs

Since this is the 1st fight of the season we have no records to look at, so we will have to scout a little harder. Here we have a couple of 25 year olds who both look like they want to strike, but both have some grappling experience that could play a huge factor. Neither one have advanced past a few weeks of bjj classes as they probably got their asses handed to them. The major difference is Stiffy is more of a pure boxer who has good wrestling base, he probably will want to keep his footwork and escape clinches to use his reach advantage. It will be interesting to see from a Muay Thai stand point how Halford will want to fight this fight. He could clinch the taller fighter and try to fight dirty and make Stiffy worry about close quarters knees and elbows trying to eliminate the reach. Halford also has a bit of wrestling added into his training, so this could all come down to who can control who the most to execute their plan.

Prediction: Stiffy by TKO

Kai "The Menace" Kealoha (341598) vs. "Randy" Macho Man Savage (341486)

155 Lbs

Pretty close in height and walking weight both the same at 160 lbs. Lets examine what type of fighters we have. Savage is the older of the two and looks really strong in boxing and wrestling, the same could be said about Kealoha as his boxing is a little more polished. This could be the classic striker vs. striker with great takedown defense from both. Anyone ever thought what it would be like if Chuck Liddell fought himself? That would be awesome to see and this match up could lead to a nasty KO. Lets say Savage's name says it all and Kealoha will have to live and die by the fist in this one.

Prediction: Someone by KO, and its gonna hurt.

White Death (341590) vs. Blade Blue (341560)

265 Lbs

If the fight before was set up like a monster stand up battle, wait til you see these two trees fight each other. Get a load of these guys! White Death vs. Blade Blue? WTF is this a damn monster movie? I would have to go out on "a limb" here and say that the skill set is simple, Death has Muay Thai with wrestling and Blue has boxing with wrestling. If your Blue, you want distance and use your jab to set up combinations, but if he can't move well and he gets tired or footwork agility is lacking expect Death to close in and set up the clinch to try to wear Blue down. I'd expect the takedown defense is set and neither have an interest to go down to the ground, but you never know!

Prediction: Blade Blue by KO

Petr "Mak" Makarov (341670) vs. Arnold "King Orno" Dalton (341612)
205 Lbs
Neither have a story to tell.....yet. Maybe its because all these fighters are shocked that they landed on the Island and so they are at a loss of words. Hopefully after the 1st event is over we will get more information on who the fuck these guys are? So in this match up we have Makarov vs. Dalton. "Mak" has size and reach advantage, and has the stronger boxing primary, so I could repeat the fact of the striker vs. striker match up, but I'm gonna say that Dalton has some slick shit in his arsenal, possibly high ground n pound or a few submissions that he will use once he gets that call for a takedown during the stand up. Always expect the unexpected in the fight game. Even though Dalton may have some interesting secondaries, its probably gonna take a great spin of fortune on his hiddens to overcome the sweet science capability of Mak.
Prediction: Makarov by KO
Tottengill "Bob" Bonariushausen (341543) vs. Don Pelayo (341573)
185 Lbs
Ok, now we have a little more information here. Both of these dudes are from Central America and at least one, "Bob" was on a cruise ship that got shit blasted by a storm and he was lucky enough to land here on the Island where he is going to rely upon his Tae Bo skills........ to fight off these crazy mma fighters hahaha. Ok, serously though if there is one thing you don't do, is to take your opponent lightly. Bob has a significant height and reach advantage in this fight and on top of that he has a great boxing primary. He offers nothing much on the wrestling front as other fighters on this card, but has a blue belt in bjj and we all know a blue belt can seriously take out any noob. Pelayo will have to counter Bob with his own stand up and better make sure to keep the fight standing, because if he was to hit the ground, Bob's blue belt tae bo fuctitsju may just get a SOTN award. One thing about the smaller fighter here, is that if he has the power a crisp counter to Bob's jaw could send him sailing back out where he came from.
Prediction: Bob by standing submission
There you have it guys and gals. Rise on the Island's look at the main card fights of its 1st event this season. I will check back in after all is over and see how bad my predictions were. Don't forget to check out
VENUM MMA WEAR (5569) on the Island!

Write up by: Slade Sanders

• Upvote 5

ROTI-02 (915193)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1541439738junglelordposter.jpg

NOV 13TH

WILD BOB'S BAR, THE ISLAND

SPONSORED BY:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1541091810VENOM%20LOGO.png

Welcome to Wild Bob's, where the drinks get flowin and the babes start showin! Well lets hope they serve plenty of drinks tonight as we are going to see a fantastic show from the new Island promotion ROTI. New fighters, new faces, in strange places.....the Island's got it all, and here is where you get to see those that are lost find hope or lose it all.

Lets get a breakdown and analysis for the top 5 fights !

MAIN EVENT 205 LBS

Jorge Costanza (341588) vs. JT "Boogie Man" Smith (341497)

The main event features two fighters that have contrasting age and styles, with the size and reach advantages going to Costanza, and the age going to Smith. Neither seem to share a lot of personal backgrounds of who they were before they came to the island, but they must have wanted to fight each other pretty badly as it has made the main event.

Costanza has wonderful boxing skills and that seems to be his focus, while not a grappler he may have some grappling skills to help offset his lack of primaries for the ground game. The height and reach advantage is key for Costanza as he will most definitely use this to attack his opponent and keep his distance and not get in a clinch fight that would negate his skills. Smith is the opposite of Costanza as he is a wrestler that looks to attack his opponent on the ground, while not a highly advanced jiu jitsu level, a blue belt wrestler can do a world of hurt to a non grappler with a white belt. Classic wrestler vs. striker fight here, and smith being a smaller fighter has that low center of gravity to help with attacking those legs on takedowns.

Prediction: Smith via KO, Hulk Smash

185 LBS

Porky Nobriega (341564) vs. John "Samurai" Edmonds (341592)

Two 18 year olds go toe to toe here as the co-main event at ROTI-2. While not exactly the classic old school match up, it definitely is contrasting. We have a boxer/thai fighter that is noticeably shorter than his high level wrestling opponent, which makes it difficult to guage how effective either will be. Nobriega has respectable boxing and thai skills with no wrestling/bjj primary skills. Lots of options here in the game plan as to how he will attack a taller wrestler as he may try to use lots of leg kicks to keep him off balanced and take away that leg driving power a wrestler needs while peppering away with jabs and 2's. He will need to move effectively and having speed and agility will make him harder to be taken down. No secret here, Edmonds is a superb wrestler with evolving jiu jitsu skills as he has a blue belt. Edmonds will more than likely need to try different approaches in his game plan to get his opponent on the ground, if he focuses on one technique too much he may lose a lot of energy being ineffective in that takedown. Look for Edmonds to surprise Nobriega with a shot in the dark aggressive kick or punch that leads to a clinch into the takedown. With this being the 1st fight for both, a shot in the dark may be all it takes.

Prediction: Edmonds by Sub, neck crank

170 LBS

Rosco Jones (341630) vs. Jack Sparrow (341619)

Both fighters are 25 years old and seem to have a lot in common. Neither one could hit a pad in training yesterday at the open workouts, so no one is going to bet on a stand up KO, but it seems like their grappling is on par. This fight should be a great grappling match. Rosco Jones is the shorter fighter and has a brown belt in jiu jitsu. He must have had some years rolling on the mats in Cleveland before he found his way on the Island. Sparrow on the other hand has the better wrestling pedigree, and with only a blue belt in bjj it is difficult to suggest that he can win by a submission. This will be a chess match between a ground n pound wrestler in Sparrow versus a true brazilian jiu jitsu brown belt who flows and transitions branching for a submission. Hiddens and physicals will also determine who can out smart or out do the other in this fight.

Prediction: Jones by Sub, arm triangle

185 LBS

Dino Pelayo (341574) vs. Aitken "Lil Bastard" Young (341608)

Pelayo has got some damn hands son! He cracked a fukin coconut with one punch the other day, and he said it didn't even hurt. Ok, so this guy is a little crazy, but cannot deny crazy strength as you would believe it he has remarkable boxing skills with a pretty decent defensive wrestling ability to go along with it. Pelayo is slightly taller and having a longer reach is going to be a huge advantage against young. Pelayo will want to use his reach, tag and move and set up that combo that could crack a coconut's family to pieces. If he has the footwork and the timing he could dominate. "Lil Bastard" seems to be a jack of all trades with some training in all areas, but the most in bjj where he has a purple belt. I wonder if Glasgow, Scotland has many judo dojos there, because he is going to have to get to Pelayo and get him to the ground for that purple belt to matter. He may have enough training to avoid those combinations, and if he has more speed than Pelayo he could clinch his way to a takedown. He will look for a 3 round fight, which would increase his chances.

Prediction: Pelayo by KO

205 LBS

Wonderful Dragon (341552) vs. Piet "The Fridge" Smit (341610)

Dragon and Smit are similar in size and weight, and both are hangry 25 year olds that was told that the winner of this fight gets to eat at the after party where there is a buffet of lobsters, crabs, and mahi mahi tacos. The loser has to hunt or fish for their meal castaway style with only a volleyball named Wilson as company. Smit thought he was going to Iceland to get away, and now he will have to try to strangle a Dragon for food.

Dragon is a wonderful wrestler with a blue belt in jiu jitsu and used to take dance classes in Spain. This obviously gives him some grace and flexibility that is always good for a grappler. Smit, while not a relentless wrestler obtained his purple belt after he stopped bullies from beating a kid outside a party. He teep kicked one in the balls where he has since changed gender, and put the other to sleep with a cross collar choke. Now he is facing a Dragon to survive another day on the Island.

Prediction: Too close to call, but I hope its by teep kick to the balls

There you have it folks, as Christopher Walken said... "I've got a fever, and the only thing I need is more Cowbell"

So if your going to Wild Bob's for the fight, bring those Cowbells for the fighters.... they all need more Cowbells in their lives.

Write up by: Slade Sanders

• Upvote 2