Joe Rogan says UFC fighters are lucky LeBron James doesn't join the UFC

sterling69

The point Rogan made was valid when speaking about young 20yr old LeBron. LeBron would be the most physically gifted specimen in the UFC, however so was Brock Lesnar...

• Upvote 2

LeBron would be the most physically gifted specimen in the UFC, however so was Brock Lesnar...

And he became champ.....................so it was a pretty good comparison. Also Brock started late to train MMA, i know he did wrestling earlier, however that was years before he entered the cage.

Physical gifts are great... but how does he respond when he gets punched in the head?

And he became champ.....................so it was a pretty good comparison. Also Brock started late to train MMA, i know he did wrestling earlier, however that was years before he entered the cage.

Lesnar got an absolute gift of a run to the title.

• Upvote 3

Personally i think that is when the UFC started to fuck up major time. Lesnar was 2-1 when he got a title shot, he had zero major wins up till that point. When he did win the title, it was over a 47 year old Couture, who was on his last legs. In his defense, after winning the title he did have 2 big wins over Carwin (who was a beast at that time) and he revenged his win over Mir.

Rumors are that he could get a title shot against Cormier, which is a total joke. Lesnar has not won a fight in MMA since mid 2010, he went 0-2-1 since then.

• Upvote 1

Personally i think that is when the UFC started to fuck up major time. Lesnar was 2-1 when he got a title shot, he had zero major wins up till that point. When he did win the title, it was over a 47 year old Couture, who was on his last legs. In his defense, after winning the title he did have 2 big wins over Carwin (who was a beast at that time) and he revenged his win over Mir.

Rumors are that he could get a title shot against Cormier, which is a total joke. Lesnar has not won a fight in MMA since mid 2010, he went 0-2-1 since then.

On one hand, yeah bit of a fuckup letting Brock get the shot at Randy before Werdum -- but I think they were looking to use Brock to plug the gaps left by Timmy and Arlovski leaving.

Physical gifts are great... but how does he respond when he gets punched in the head?

I never understand how anyone who thinks Lesnar is any more than average in MMA. His striking was Ronda Rousey level and his wrestling was good but not to the same level as DC or Khabib. Brock would struggle to be top 10 in the UFC HW division right now.

• Upvote 2

I never understand how anyone who thinks Lesnar is any more than average in MMA. His striking was Ronda Rousey level and his wrestling was good but not to the same level as DC or Khabib. Brock would struggle to be top 10 in the UFC HW division right now.

Would he tho? Lets forgo any PED stuff, for the sake of the argument, but he did beat Hunt in his last fight. In the top 10,I wouldnt be all that surprised to see him beat Lewis, Volkov and Oliynik. And 11 to 15 I'd pick the Lesnar that beat Hunt to beat all those guys.
  • Upvote 1

Would he tho? Lets forgo any PED stuff, for the sake of the argument, but he did beat Hunt in his last fight. In the top 10,I wouldnt be all that surprised to see him beat Lewis, Volkov and Oliynik. And 11 to 15 I'd pick the Lesnar that beat Hunt to beat all those guys.

Without Ped's, I doubt he'd have beaten Hunt.

• Upvote 1

I think LeBron James with 2 years MMA training (BJJ, striking, wrestling) would smoke everyone below LHW.

Dude's almost a max heavyweight, so yeah, I guess he could beat someone at Flyweight with a few years training. Not very impressive or interesting to think about