Rate the last Game you played ...

Rambo

• 2 weeks later...

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 6/10

to be fair, if I were to rate the game right now it would probably be a 3/10. Not very enjoyable gameplay, bit boring, and just sloppy. Best description is a very poor man's Witcher or Skyrim but you're always stuck in first-person view. The most enjoyable thing I did in this game was play dice and haggle the price with the trader.

It has a good foundation though. good concept, idea, and some pretty cool features, they did well with the story and historical setting, but they struck out on gameplay imo and VERY few games can survive without gameplay - Alpha Protocol being one of the only I can think of off the top of my head.

If you're really into Skyrim and games like Skyrim even if they have shit gameplay and mechanics, this will be a fun game for you.

Just finished Cuphead. Pretty fun while being pretty difficult. Good art style. Bullet hell, 2D sidescrollers arent really my thing, but the boss battle concept worked

Also finished Mad Max. Decent version of those open task hording world games. I find them kind of boring eventually though

I still gotta knock some of Mad Max out. I enjoy the game when I'm playing it for a little, but after I turn it off I don't have any urge to turn it back on.

• 2 weeks later...

Assassin's Creed Origins 8/10. I like it so far, it seems easier than the other AC games I have played.

• 7 months later...

FrostPunk 8/10

A weird mix. I guess I would call it a city builder/survival game set in a frozen post-apocalyptic steam punk world.

Really tough for the first 10 hours maybe, but then you kind of figure out the formula.

I'd recommend if you can find it for under $30

Assassins Creed: Syndicate - 7.5/10 I’ve only finished about a third of the story and while that part is fun I enjoy going rogue often. That my favorite part of open world games like this and GTA. Haven’t played any games in this franchise since the first 2 but since it was free on gold I gave it a chance.

SMITE - 8.5/10 Very hard at first as I knew nothing about the gameplay or strategy of it and since the items and relics are overwhelmingly large in numbers it took me a while to get the hang of it. Once you get good enough to be at least competitive the game is super fun. Tons of God’s which is really cool but also makes the strategy part more difficult.

X COM 2 WOTC - For years wanted to try one of the x com games and finally got some time. Story is very interesting, the gameplay has so many and different elements, wide variety of different approaches you can take in beating a mission/game. A turn based game with a lot of strategy and rpg elements.

Yeah, that is one of the better games i have played in the past 2-3 years.

Total War: Warhammer 2 - Mortal Empires 9/10

I tried playing this when it came out last year, but i hated the Vortex (which is the first campaign of the game) because it felt like a "follow the plot" type of game. I loved the old Total War games, but since Attila this series seemed to go the wrong way. Recently though i was reading more reviews about this game and i heard the new DLC (Mortal Empires) was more in the line of the old total war games, where you can basically do whatever you want (Sandbox). I can say this game is awesome! Spent way too much time on it already, you need a pretty good computer to be able to play it, but if you like a mix of Civilization with a focus on the actual battles, this is one of those games that you will basically play forever. I Think the whole campaign map (i mean taking over the world) will take you 100s of hours to complete.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Playstation. Probably not gonna play multiplayer though, at this rate beating the single player is gonna take me until I'm retired.

Red Dead Redemption II might be the most unnecessarily long game I've ever played. So much horse riding, follow me here, listen to me speak. It's like they created drawn out horse rides from point a to point b just to add dialogue and boast about an 80+ hour story mode or some shit.

Love the red dead series, but by the time I finished this game (88% game completion) I felt compelled to complain. I didn't find it to be an enjoyable end game.

For those that like XCOM and turn-based / base building games, check out Phantom Doctrine. It's like a low budget version of XCOM but the story and setting is on point. Been chipping away at it slowly.

I've just started Startpoint Gemini Warlords (barely completed tutorial, but plan on playing later) and downloaded Stellaris. Anybody else play these two? I liked Rebel Galaxy but it lacked a lot of RPG elements to keep me engaged.

• 2 weeks later...

I would of went with a 4 or 5 tops.

well .... honestly speaking, as I have been playing it for sometime now

I would agree

would give it 5/10 after playing for sometime :)

Hearts of Iron 4 - 7/10

I would say it is similar to Supreme Ruler (a geopolitical strategy game, created around the same time). When i first played this game, i got totally pissed off and deleted it. I am a huge fan of Paradox interactive, so i decided to give it a try again. Got to say, it is a pretty good game if you can get used to the logic of how it works. It helps if you look at some videos on youtube about how to play the game because it takes a bit of time to get used to the features.

This game is probably not everyone's piece of cake for sure, it is mostly a map with data, but those are the type of games i like playing. If you played any of their other games such as EU4, Crusaders Kings, or Victoria 2, then you will like this one.

Hearts of Iron 4 - 7/10

I would say it is similar to Supreme Ruler (a geopolitical strategy game, created around the same time). When i first played this game, i got totally pissed off and deleted it. I am a huge fan of Paradox interactive, so i decided to give it a try again. Got to say, it is a pretty good game if you can get used to the logic of how it works. It helps if you look at some videos on youtube about how to play the game because it takes a bit of time to get used to the features.

This game is probably not everyone's piece of cake for sure, it is mostly a map with data, but those are the type of games i like playing. If you played any of their other games such as EU4, Crusaders Kings, or Victoria 2, then you will like this one.

You play Stellaris?