Wolf Palace London smack talk

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/13741433212ry5xl3.jpg

Official Wolf Palace RIO Smack talk

Managers of Wolf Palace RIO, this is the official smack talk thread... as I am sure you know this is the place to show off and hype up your fighters, call out other fighters, ask questions and whatever else you wanna say!

WPR Bookies:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1365451782gambling.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon...ic.php?bid=8033

Prizes:

Just a quick update for all managers of Wolf Palace RIO, I will be Putting up prizes to be won on this smack talk thread so keep an eye out on here for a chance to win them! I plan to do a 5K giveaway to the manager who guesses each winner for the first event WPR1: the beginning. If noone predicts the winners correctly there will be a rollover, meaning that the 5K will be up for grabs in the next event, PLUS another 5K on top of that,so 10K in total. If there is again no winner, then another 5 K will be added to that sum making it 15K and so on. So in short, each time the prize is not won there will be 5K added on to the sum of money to be won next time. The first manager to post the correct winners will get the money so you have to be quick to predict and post!

I will be doing more of these types of prize giveaway ONLY if this one is successful and people start using this smack talk thread.

Plans for March:

Also, my aims for march are as follows:

- Recruit at least 100 fighters.

- Book at least 4 events (1 a week)

- Start the TUF tournament USA vs Brazil ASAP, should be early March. Only need 7 more fighters to enter.

- Improve the org to meet the managers requirements. PM me if anyone has ideas, questions, or anything else you wana discuss.

- And of course get this smack talk in use, it can be fun and it is a good way to call out fighters and so on!

Brazilian Managers:

To all the Portuguese speakers in this org, Do not worry I have a Portuguese Translator joining this org, so he can tell me what you are saying and I can help you with whatever you need. He will also reply to you in Portuguese obviously so he can pass my messages on to you. (I will get this part translated when he is next online)

Thanks everyone for joining WPR and trusting that this will be a great and active org in no time. I know it will be ;).

• Upvote 1

Empresários na Wolf Palace RIO, este é o tópico oficial para soltar o verbo da WPR... isso quer dizer que este é o lugar para se gabar e aumentar a imagem do seu lutador, chamar outros lutadores para o pau, perguntar ou dizer o que quer que esteja passando na sua cabeça!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prêmios:

Só uma atualização rapidinha para vocês empresarios na WPR, eu colocarei prêmios nesse tópico então estejam sempre de olho! Estou planejando um prêmio de $5000 para o empresario que acertar cada uma das lutas para o primeiro evento "WPR1: O Início". Se ninguém acertar o prêmio acumulará, ou seja, quem acertar no proximo evento ganhara $5000 mais os $5000 do evento anterior [$10000 no total]! Se novamente não houver vencedor, acumulará novamente, valendo 15k no próximo evento e assim por diante [a cada evento sem vencedor, soma-se 5000 no valor para o próximo evento]. O primeiro jogador que postar os vencedores corretamente ganhará todo o dinheiro então seja rápido e acerte os resultados!

Somente farei mais desses prêmios e SOMENTE SE este for bem sucessido e as pessoas começarem a usar esse tópico.

Planos para março:

Ademais, meus planos para março são:

- Recrutar pelo menos 100 lutadores;

- Agendar pelo menos 4 eventos [1 por semana];

- Iniciar o torneio TUF USA vs Brasil O MAIS RAPIDO POSSÍVEL, provavelmente no inicio de março. Só preciso de mais 7*** lutadores para começar;

- Melhorar a org para que se adeque às necessidades dos empresários. Mande-me um PM caso tenha alguma ideia, questão ou qualquer assunto que queira discutir;

- E obviamente povoar esse tópico, será divertido e um ótimo jeito de pedir suas lutas e melhorar a Org.

***nota do tradutor: agora faltam só 3.

Empresários Brasileiros:

Para todos os falantes da língua portuguesa nessa Org, não se preocupem. Contratei um Tradutor para trabalhar na WPR e me dizer o que vocês estão falando para que eu possa ajudá-los com o que quer estejam precisando. Ele irá traduzir minhas respostas também, obviamente.

Obrigado a todos por se juntar à WPR e em confiar que esta Org será grande e ativa em pouco tempo. Eu sei que será! ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zoidberg, o Tradutor

TUF USA vs Brazil interviews with Diego, Lita, Noguiera, Hines, Falcao, Leonardo and Fighter

Some of the contenders for the TUF Brazil vs USA tournament attend a brief interview in the studio to get a look into the thoughts of the fighters and their lead up to the tourney.

Interviewer: Welcome to WPR guys, I am pleased to announce that TUF 1 will take place on the 14th of March! Just over 2 weeks away! Anyway, how has your training camp been going in the lead up to the tournament?

- Diego: Training has been great. There's a good amount of ground fighters so I've been working on my wrestling mostly to keep it on the feet. I'm not keeping it a secret.... I plan to make some people bleed in this tournament.

- Lita: Thank you very much. I am very excited to get started with WPR and to be part of the first TUF tournament. Training has been good. I started with my new camp, G22 Gym, and I have been training hard and feeling good. I will be more than ready come 14th of March. Just wait and see.

- Noguiera (over skype): To be honest, me and my manager just landed in St. Petersburg for my first pro bout. I hope i can get a quick win to get back in the gym as soon as possible.

- Hines: Training has been going really great, I just can’t wait to get out there and compete.

- Falcao: Training is going very well right now; I have joined a good gym and will increase my fighting skills quickly in order to be the best.

- Leonardo: My camp has been fantastic. The conversion to mixed martial arts from wrestling has been a difficult one for me but I am literally becoming better by the day. I've been signed by a fantastic team and I am becoming a real threat.

- Fighter: I don't need to train to beat these losers.

Interviewer: Who do you see as the biggest threat in the opposing team?

- Diego: Despite being 0-1 I would say Peter Mcdonald looks to be the most balanced fighter on the Brazil team but as far as being a threat? I don't see anyone on the Brazil team being a threat.

- Lita: There are good fighters in Team USA. Joey Reid has some good experience and impressive victories under his belt. Chilli Parlma has been around for a while, so is a well-seasoned, well rounded dangerous opponent. In saying that, Team Brazil has very good fighters also, and I believe myself and my fellow countrymen are capable of beating Team USA.

- Noguiera: I see McDougall, due to him being the more well-rounded fighter.

- Hines: I think all the opponents are great and I’m not overlooking any of them.

- Falcao: I would have to say Parlma. But I am confident in my abilities and do not fear any of them.

- Leonardo: John McDougall is the guy to beat in this tournament.

- Fighter: Nobody is a threat to me.

Interviewer: Now, the fight picks will be chosen at random, so you could be up against anyone but if it was up to you, who would you want to fight first in team USA/Brazil?

- Diego: I think I'd go with Renato Lita since he might have the guts to stand with me.

- Lita: I honestly don't care who is put in front of me to fight first because in this tournament we are bound to face each and every one of our oppositions in Team USA. They all pose an interesting and exciting challenge in their own way, so I look forward to fighting anyone one of them regardless who comes first.

- Noguiera: Any wrestler would be fine by me, as they would be more than willing to get into my wheelhouse. I'm just looking forward to represent my country and put on a great show.

- Hines: If I had to fight anyone first Id like it to be Ryan Beasley.

- Falcao: I don’t mind who is first but if I absolutely had to it would be Daniel Fighter, not because he is the weakest but I think my stand up and takedown defence could prevent his game plan.

- Leonardo: Give me anybody. Cannondale or Chris would probably be the easiest first fights.

- Fighter: Does not matter. Nobody can beat me.

Interviewer: You could be the first crowned Ultimate fighter for WPR and the first champion for your division; how much does that mean to you!?

- Diego: I couldn't think of a better way to start my career. This tournament will be a statement that "The Fox" has arrived.

- Lita: Being part of the first generation of TUF competitors for WPR and representing my country Brazil is a major honour in itself. But I don't want to stop there. I am here to win and it means everything to me to be crowned the Ultimate Fighter and do my family, friends, coaches, and everyone that helped me along the way. That the hard sacrifice and dedication has been all worthwhile.

- Noguiera: Obviously it means a lot. The tournament seems a lot of fun and having the opportunity to fight for a title while you're at it just makes it even better.

- Hines: It would be a great accomplishment to be the first crowned Ultimate Fighter.

- Falcao: It would mean so much to me! I will train so hard every day to get the belt and when I do I will continue to train hard to keep it.

- Leonardo: It means the world to me. I know that I will be the champion one way or another but to have so much success so early in my career would be incredible.

- Fighter: Means nothing since i will be considered the greatest fighter to ever fight when my career is all said and done.

Interviewer: Thanks for your time. Nice to chat to the contenders of this exciting tournament, which will, no doubt play a huge part in the history of Wolf Palace RIO! See you on the 14th of March!

- Lita: Thank you very much for speaking to me. Obrigado!

- Noguiera: Thanks for the opportunity, thanks to all the fans, see you all on March 14.

- Hines: Thanks a lot for the opportunity.

- Falcao: Thank you, see you then!

The fights for WPR TUF 1 are all set apart from one which will be added in when Hines has finished his fight abroad. They were randomly picked, yet we have some interesting match ups. Can't wait to see how it goes. As for the interviews was good to get a chat with the contenders, Daniel Fighter's was especially interesting, seems very confident head of the tourny; we shall see how that goes for him.

WPR 1: The Beginning

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1361633876wolfman.jpg

Greetings Wolf Palace RIO contenders! I am very excited to see what the first 20 warriors have to offer in the first ever event of WPR. With so much fresh talent looking to prove themselves in the cage and an empty canvas to mark the first of many historical events in this organization; it’s bound to be a great event. This event is the first stepping stone to what every fighter is looking for; to take the throne…

155lbs: Broiler Gracie vs Dong Dong

First up we have Gracie (1-0) vs Dong (0-1). This looks to be quite an even fight, although both have different styles in fighting. Gracie will be looking for the Submission no doubt with his brown belt and Dong will be eager to keep this fight standing in the clinch, so that he can chip away at Gracie and cut him up.

Whoever pulls off their game plan will surely be the winner.

Prediction: Dong via TKO.

205lbs: Mari Juana vs Duda Robinson

Juana (3-1) has the BJJ advantage in this fight so will be desperate to take this fight to the floor, having sunk 2 submission wins in previous fights. If he can’t manage to take Robinson down then he is in trouble as Duda has the Boxing advantage with 2 TKO victories to his name.

Prediction: Robinson via TKO.

184lbs: Owen Rose vs Miguel Augusto

This is an interesting fight as both concentrate on their ground skills; Rose with the superior wrestling and Augusto with the better BJJ. Rose has the experience advantage and 3 wins with no losses to his name, 2 coming by way of TKO; whereas Augusto is still searching for his first victory after being defeated once.

Prediction: Rose via TKO

185lbs: Briggs Lovejoy vs Dennis Mandrake

Both fighters have earned their brown belts, but Mandrake takes the edge with his boxing skills. This fight contains the ingredients for a ground war, which will display some very impressive BJJ skills, but I don’t think Mandrake will be in a rush to take Lovejoy down, as he has the stand-up advantage he should look to chip away at Briggs. It has also been told that Lovejoy is suffering from low fatigue levels due to training too much; if he wants to stand a chance he will have to rest in the lead up to the fight.

Prediction: Mandrake via submission.

155lbs: Rodrigo Baptista vs Carlos Tevez

Baptista’s only significant advantage is his muay thai and will look to clinch up with Tevez and open up his flesh. Tevez is 1-0 and has the better boxing and wrestling skills as well as the age advantage. This could be a close one but I think Tevez may take the win here!

Prediction: Tevez via decision

185lbs: Matheus Fonseca vs Jim Gold

This is a case of stand-up fighter against ground fighter. Fonseca being the latter will be pushing for the takedown and grinding away at his opponent on the floor with the chance to sink in a submission with his blue belt advantage. I imagine Gold will be countering with his boxing skills, looking to jab away at his opponent and find an opportunity to knock him out after a round or two.

Prediction: Fonseca via submission

265lbs: Paulo Ferriera vs Kenny Powers

This should be quite the war, as both are stand up fighters; Ferriera the MT fighter and Powers, who is by the way my fighter, the boxer. This could go either way, again it depends on who executes their game plan. Need I say it – Paulo will want the fight in the clinch and Kenny wants to strike at distance. Either way this fight is gonna end in a KO/TKO I think.

Prediction: Ferriera via TKO. Such a modest Guy aren’t I?

155lbs: Sambo De Oliveira vs Mauricio Melendez

This could be a close fight as both are 18 and there is not too much difference in their skills. However, Melendez has the slight boxing and BJJ advantage, which I believe will grab him the win in this bout.

Prediction: Melendez via submission.

265lbs: Joes Ortiz vs Johnie Cash

Ortiz with a record of 2-2 will be looking for the submission with his purple belt but that won’t come too easy as Cash is the elder by 8 years and has wonderful boxing, although he is yet to win; fear not Cash for this one is in your favour. Play your cards right and you got your first win. Ortiz is no joke though and will be a challenge.

Prediction: Cash via KO.

170lbs: Joao Felipe Chavez vs Gabs Nunes

Last, but by no means least we have Chavez, the remarkable boxer and Nunes with the superior ground game. This will be a tough fight, Chaves will be looking for the KO no doubt with his heavy hands and Nunes will be searching to rush in for a much needed takedown. If Nunes succeeds in his takedown attempts, he will win this fight if not, he will surely feel the wrath of Chavez’s boxing skills.

Prediction: Nunes via submission.

That’s it for now everyone, good luck to all the fighters in this opening event and I look forward to seeing the rest of you compete in the near future! Cheers and goodbye!

Q: Welcome to WPR, Abu Zayd, I am pleased to announce that TUF 1 will take place on the 14th of March! Just over 2 weeks away! Anyway, how has your training camp been going in the lead up to the tournament?

Zayd: Training is great. I just moved to NY, joined some real high level guys at Hunter's Hideout. We got top notch coaches, equipment, supplements provided by Ganja's Warehouse, gym clothes by El Zoido's Feeble Fightwear... Everything is covered, all I need is to give my 100% and a great performance is sure to come.

Q:Who do you see as the biggest threat in the opposing team?

Zayd: We have a high level jiu jitsu competition there. I trust in my game, in my skills, but when you are rolling with a high level man its as dangerous as it gets. Frank Mir took Big Nog arm home, you know. So, yeah, I'd say Chilli Parlma is the more dangerous guy out there, I wouldn't like to face him until the final round.

Q:Now, the fight picks will be chosen at random, so you could be up against anyone but if it was up to you, who would you want to fight first in team USA?

Zayd: Daniel Fighter or Don Diego.

Q:You could be the first crowned Ultimate fighter for WPR and the first champion for your division; How much does that mean to you!?

Zayd: Of course the belt, the fame, the chicks and all that... Thats what we all want, thats our goal. But I'm still young, I'm only starting. I just want to give good fights to fans and grow in WPR.

Q:Thanks for your time. Nice to chat to the contenders of this exciting tournament, which will, no doubt play a huge part in the history of Wolf Palace RIO! See you on the 14th of March!

Zayd nods with a shy smile

Dong Dong: Prediction bonus? I am the sure bet. I will smash Broiler Gracie's face into a boneless purée. Gracie family has a saying: "every black belt becomes a white belt after the first punch in the chin". I won't make him a white belt, I'll make him forget he even got a belt. You got me punk?

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww329/irishsamuraix/32w41_zps858ef938.jpg

"The Fox" Don Diego

"I've no doubt the winner of the TUF tournament will come from Team USA. Parlma and myself will likely sweep the entire Brazilian team. Abu Zayd said if he had the choice I'd be one of his picks to fight. After I crush Lita that'll be the last time someone actually wants to fight me. But in the end no mercy will be given and each member of team Brazil will be lined up for the beatdown the lord has deamed them destined for."

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/21/21b24.jpg

Carlos Falcao:

Diego, I admire your confidence, however I think you highly underestimate team brazil! Your lost my friend; your in unknown territory, a fox in a wolves palace... A brazilian will be wearing the 145 belt round his waist at the end of this tournament, mark my words!

My picks for WPR The Beginning are:

1. Nunes

2. Ortiz

3. Melendez

4. Ferreira by leg kick spam [just clinch him for christ sake]

5. Tough one. I'd go with Gold.

6. Tevez.

7. Mandrake

8. Rose

9. Robinson

10. Dong Dong

Looks like there is a rollover and the prize to be won for WPR TUF 1 will be 10K but if noone else does it then I dont see the point right now so if noone makes picks for the next event I will have to stop it!

Proud of how the org has started lads, opened just over 2 weeks ago and have signed over 100 fighters, and seem to be the top of the newly opened orgs in Rio.. Next challenge for us is to overtake RFC.

1. SPFT: The ultimate vale tudo

2. No Exit FC

3. Brazilian fight entertainment

4. Adrenaline fighting championship

5. Rio fighting championship (185K+)

6. Wolf Palace RIO (195K+)

7. Perpetual Combat

8. Premier Fighting Championship

9. EFC

10. Sparta

11. Ultimate Hardcore fighting

12. Brazilian Combat League

Thank you all for choosing WPR!

WPR: Tuf 1

Hello and welcome to the preview for the first WPR TUF USA vs Brazil event; an event that I have been looking forward to greatly! Every event in this tournament is very important for the fighters taking part in this tournament because after the first 4 fights only 4 from each division will advance into the semi-finals. The battle for the belts starts NOW! The fighters who took part in the interview all seemed reasonably confident, especially Daniel Fighter who seemed fearless of anyone, let’s see if he can back that up in the cage…

Non Tuf fights:

170lbs: Jeronimo Ferra De Almada vs Juuti Jukanpoika

Almada will be entering the cage in his debut fight, he is a BJJ specialist with a brown belt to his name and across the cage will be Jukanpoika, who has the boxing advantage and a blue belt. JJ is the more well-rounded fighter but will be doing what he can to keep the fight standing by all means.

Prediction: Almada via submission.

155lbs: Luis Carboza vs Rob Ramirez

Carboza enters the cage with a record of 4-5, he has impressive MT and a blue belt. With 9 fights to his name he has the experience advantage. Ramirez has 2 KO wins with the superior boxing. This could go either way but Ramirez will be looking to land strikes on the outside and not get caught up in the clinch.

Prediction: Carboza via TKO.

TUF fights:

145lbs: Daniel fighter (USA) vs Peter McDonald (Brazil)

The confident, Daniel Fighter is a one dimensional fighter with very good wrestling skills however he faces possibly the toughest competition first up; McDonald has a brown belt and the stand up advantage over Fighter. Fighter will have no choice but to take McDonald down but it is a risky move as McDonald will be comfortable to fight on his back and look to sink in a sub.

Prediction: McDonald via Submission.

265+lbs: Chris Hines (USA) vs Ronan Nogueira (Brazil)

This should be a close one because they both rely on their ground game to win a fight. Hines has good wrestling and a blue belt with a slight advantage in the stand up department. However, Nogueira has a brown belt so will gladly take this fight to the ground. A ground war it shall be and Nogueira has the edge with his brown belt.

Prediction: Nogueira via submission.

145lbs: Chilli Parlma (USA) vs Abu Zayd (Brazil)

Chilli Parlma, who is seen as the tourney favourite for his division is a well rounded fighter. He outclasses Zayd with his boxing, MT and wrestling and matches him with a brown belt. Zayd’s only chance is to beat him on the ground and that’s gonna be quite a challenge. Parlma will most likely to stay standing and look for the KO but won’t be too phased if the fight hits the floor.

Prediction: Parlma via KO.

265+lbs: Thiago Leonardo (Brazil) vs Cannondale Trail (USA):

A pretty evenly matched fight we have here. They both thrive on their wrestling skills, but Leonardo take the wrestling advantage, but don’t count Trail out just yet because he has an extra weapon on the floor with his blue belt advantage. This will be taken to the ground and from there it could go either way.

Prediction: Leonardo via TKO.

145lbs: Don Diego (USA) vs Renato Lita (Brazil)

Diego has excellent MT and will look to clinch up with his opponent who has the boxing advantage. They both hold a blue belt so I recon they will just look to execute their game plans on their feet. Need I say that Lita will look to strike on the outside and Diego will be wanting to clinch up.

Prediction: Diego via TKO.

265+lbs: Gizzed MaPents (USA) vs Ryan Beasley (Brazil)

Both fighters are members of the Wolf Pack alliance and both no how to fight on their feet. This should be an entertaining fight! MaPents is a MT specialist and Beasley is a great Boxer. Someone is going to get knocked out, but the question is who?

Prediction: Beasley via KO.

145lbs: Joey Reid (USA) vs Carlos Falcao (Brazil)

Reid has a brown belt which gives him the ground game advantage and Falcao has the stand up the edge on his feet. If Falcao wants to win this he is gonna have to counter those take down with some punches.

Prediction: Reid via Submission.

265+lbs: John McDougall vs Aaron Chumbo

McDougall is a well-rounded fighter only losing out to his opponents BJJ skills. Chumbo’s only option is to get a submission over his opponent, although that will be some mission as McDougall has fantastic wrestling skills.

Prediction: McDougall via KO.

That’s all for this event. Some good match ups in here and a couple of fights that appear to be slightly more on sided, but lets hope to see some serious upsets! I can’t wait for this event and to see which of these fighters come out as the victors. Thanks everyone and good luck. Rory.

TUF USA vs Brazil news

There is a real buzz going round Wolf Palace RIO as we draw nearer to the first TUF event. The fans have had a small insight to some of the fighters from each team and confidence seems to be brimming amongst everyone in the tournament! Don Diego has stamped himself and Chilli Parlma as the best the 145 division has to offer, both of them fighting for team USA. However, I think it will surprise him more than anyone that Abu Zayd has tweeted a picture of himself and Parlma in a private jet together on their way to Rio De Janeiro drinking what seems to be some sorta alcoholic beverage! Interesting choice! I wonder what the story behind that is! We will try to get some information on that when they land... It will be interesting to see what happens between Zayd and Diego when they will meet inevitably down the road somewhere; there seems to be a little bit of bad blood brewing between them!

This is just the beginning of what is destined to be an amazing tournament involving the big lads at 265+ and the smaller lads at 145. I can't wait to see who wins! It must be said that team USA seem a little cocky coming into this tournament with comments from Daniel Fighter saying crazy things such as he does not need to train to beat the rest of the contenders, Diego assuring everyone that USA will win the 145 division and Falcao denying any such possibilty! I guess we will just have to sit back and see how this thing pans out! Enjoy!

Peter Mcdonald took time out of training hard to say this "Daniel Fisher will be put out of the tournament at the first hurdle. Who does he think he is? Trying to trash talk his way into the tournament acting like a poor mans Chael Sonnen. The guy can't stand with me or even roll with me."

WPR TUF 1: Summary

Last night, the first TUF took place between USA and Brazil. It was a great event with only one decision coming out of it and that was a non tuf fight. First off we will start off with the non Tuf fights. Carboza vs Ramirez was a great fight that went the distance and ended up as a majority decision victory to Rob Ramirez; this fight was a great pointer as to who will be in the running for a title shot but i gaurantee these two will meet again in the cage. Then we had Almada vs Jukanpoika. This ended quickly with a very impressive submission early on by Almada and he will enjoy climbing the ladder in the 170lbs division. NOW, a quick run through of the TUF fights. This was a very disappointing event for the Brazilians, to say the least...

- McDougall absolutely dominated Chumbo landing 12 of 12 head punches and 9 of 9 body shots before knocking him out with a lovely punch. He earned KO of the night.

- McDonald and the confident, Fighter were up next and this ended with a RNC by McDonald who seemes to ease past Fighter.

- Hines savaged Noguiera with a knock out punch after peppering him for a couple of minutes, not allowing Nogueira to do anything

- Buddies; Parlma vs Zayd took each other on, with Parlma winning in pretty dominant fashion eventually sinking in a submission on his opponent.

- Trail eased past Leonardo with a TKO victory, which I wrongly predicted, but well done to trail for proving me wrong!

- Diego had very accurate and powerful striking in this bout against Lita and finished the fight via TKO in the first round

- MaPents chipped away with elbows on beasleys face which forced Beasley to stop fighting, Congrats MaPents!

- Falcao only managed one punch combo before getting taken down and subbed in the 1st.

That makes the score 7-1 to USA in the first event! They backed up their confidence thats for damn sure! Brazil will no doubt come out a lot harder next time and prove they are worthy in front of their home crowd on their own turf. An embarrasing event for the Brazilians but a memorable one for the americans.

WPR 2: No Mans Land

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1361723074darkforest1.jpg

As the WPR continues to rise and the roster continues to increase, these early events remain important for the contenders to show that they are worthy of being top contenders in their divisions. With Champions still to be crowned everyone is still under the spotlight and in the running. A few managers who have their fighters in WPR have been eagerly awaiting the announcement of the dates for title fights; org owner Rory Daly is not one to give out a belt to the first person who cries out for it and wins one fight. A true champion must prove his worthiness and earn the belt. Having said that you will not have to wait long before the belts are to be given out to their rightful owners, so be patient, train hard, fight hard and perhaps you will be the champion of your division!

155lbs: Lungdumtu Amah vs Connan Mandlei

Starting off the event we have Amah (5-3) who relies on his purple belt for victory against Mandlei who is still to have a win after conceding to 4 losses. Mandlei is a decent MT fighter with a blue belt to help protect him on the ground against his opponents’ superior BJJ. Will it be enough?

Prediction: Amah via submission.

265lbs Maikon Muller vs Roxa Gili

Muller, with a respectable record of 3-1 is a well rounded fighter with nothing that really stands out in his game but has most parts of it covered. He faces Gili who is also a reasonably well rounded fighter as he steps into the cage for the first time ever. Not an easy one to call but I will give the edge to Muller who has more experience.

Prediction: Muller via decision.

205lbs Mr Invincible vs Seu Gil

Invincible looks to be a dangerous stand up fighter and I believe one to look out for in the futureas he is only 19 years old, however Gil has the better ground game and will be looking for the opportunity to take this fight to the ground and choke his opponent out. Gil has a nice record of 3-0 and will be looking to add to his undefeated streak.

Prediction: Invincible via TKO.

205lbs Tone Black vs Briock Mirarleigo

Black is a well rounded fighter with the ability to knock his opponents out, perhaps another one to keep a close eye on. Briock at the age of 18 has an impressive record of 4-1 with the advantage in BJJ, but has he faced anyone as tough as Black?

Prediction: Black via decision.

185lbs Mladen Filipovic vs Richard Jay Franklin

Filipovic seems to be a pretty decent fighter on his feet with some wrestling skills, he will be making his debut against a tough opponent; Franklin who won his first fight using his impressive Boxing and also has some mediocre ground skills.

Prediction: Franklin via KO.

170lbs Jon Fitch vs Yan Bueno

Fitch, a one dimensional fighter with great wrestling skills will be looking to ware Bueno down on the ground and get that TKO. Bueno is mediocre in all aspects and will be wanting this fight on the feet so he will have to counter any takedown attempts and jab away at Fitch.

Prediction: Fitch via TKO.

185lbs Randall White vs Rocky Joaquin

This should be a good fight. White has the superior stand up skills and a purple belt, which he has utilized to acheieve 2 victories in previous bouts, however I doubt he will be wanting to use his BJJ skills against a far superior ground game specialist; Rocky Joaquin. Joaquin has a brown belt and better wrestling so will clearly be wanting this fight on the floor! If not it could be good night to him.

Prediction: Joaquin via submission.

205lbs Ben Richards vs Diego Minotauro

THIS ladies and gentlemen is surely going to be a great fight! Both fighters are very similar. Richards has slightly better boxing and wrestling but Diego has better MT and BJJ. Having said that they are both very even in every skill. I cannot pin this one down so I am going to pick a name out of the hat for my prediction but whoever wins I am sure this will be a good war!

Prediction: Richards via decision.

155lbs Lee Bannon vs Alester Serwyck

Bannon, 5-2 with 4 submission wins is a brown belt and has good wrestling and poses a threat to the 155lbs throne is up against Serwyck who is a well rounded fighter with 2 decision wins and 0 losses. Another tough one to call! If Serwyck keeps this standing and shows good takedown defence he could win this with another decision win, but I will have to give the edge to Bannon who is bound to get a takedown somewhere during the fight as long as he doesn’t get caught.

Prediction: Bannon via submission.

265lbs Amauro Noguiera vs Thiago De Silva

Nogueira concentrates on his purple belt to win fights and is a popular fighter amongst the fans, who will be cheering him on loudly as the Brazilians do! Expect for him to be diving in for takedowns. De Silva on the other hand is a fantastic MT specialist but lacks ground game severely. It all depends on who can execute their game plan in our main event of the evening!

Prediction: Nogueira via submission.

That’s it for this event guys! Thanks for the support and good luck to all taking part!

WPR: TUF 2 Bouts:

265+lbs...........Cannondale Trail.....vs............Aaron Chumbo

145lbs.............Joey Reid................vs............Abu Zayd

265+lbs...........Gizzed MaPents.....vs............Thiago Leonardo

145lbs.............Daniel Fighter..........vs............Carlos Falcao

265+lbs...........John McDougall......vs.............Ronan Nogueira

145lbs.............Don Diego...............vs.............Peter McDonald

265+lbs...........Chris Hines.............vs.............Ryan Beasley

145lbs.............Chilli Parlma............vs.............Renato Lita

WPR 3: The Confrontation

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1361822574300_wolf.jpg

Hello again WPR! Today we have another event and another chance for our fighters to show their skills to the rest of us. Titles fights will be happening in the near future so these events are important to show me that you deserve to be in the running for the title. Anyway, here we go:

185lbs: Matt Grant vs Rafael F T D O Filho

Grant enters the cage for his first time ever and looks to put his boxing and wrestling skills to use in this fight against Filho, who has a submission victory under his belt. Filho has the slightly better boxing skills and a purple belt to challenge Grant on the ground. Grant will need a clever game plan to win this bout as Filho probably hs the edge on his feet and on the ground, but let’s see if I am wrong about that tonight!

Prediction: Filho via submission.

170lbs: Felipe Alves vs Rudolph Silva

Alves is a young fighter with solid MT and a blue belt in BJJ, word from his camp is that he has been training a little too hard and comes into this fight with a slight fatigue problem, which could affect his performance. Silva is also a MT fighter with average wrestling skills, but has the slight age advantage over his opponent. They are pretty evenly matched with their MT skills but if this goes to ground he will need to make sure his submission defence is up to par.

Prediction: Silva via TKO.

265lbs: Roberto Gomez Bollanos vs Jon Jones

Bollanos is a dangerous fighter and perhaps one to watch for the future of WPR. He has great boxing skills and decent wrestling to cover his ground game, he is managed by a veteran and will be looking for a nasty KO victory. Jon Jones will face him; a BJJ fighter with 5 fights under his belt. Jones will be looking to take Bollanos down or be taken down by him and eagerly trying to sink in a submission. Not an easy fight for Bones but is he pulls off the victory he will certainly send out a message to the rest of the 265 division.

Prediction: Bollanos via KO.

205lbs: Pete Silva vs Come On

Silva still searching for his first victory after losing via submission in a previous encounter is a reasonably well rounded fighter but excels in his MT skills. Come on will enter the cage in terrible shape, another who has been over training in the lead up to this bout. He is a decent ground game fighter so will look to submit Silva but that if he even has the energy!

Prediction: Silva via TKO.

155lbs: Frank Jones vs Drako Bahamut

Jones, who is a MT and BJJ guy will be fighting in his debut. Bahamut does not stand a chance in this fight to be honest; he is knackered. Not much more needs to be said; I do wonder what was going through his head in the lead up to this fight.

Prediction: Jones via brutal nipple cripple!

170lbs: Experiment Numero vs Carl Sykes

Numero has great ground game skills with a purple belt in BJJ and good wrestling. Sykes on the other hand has good MT skills and lethal kicks but not much of a ground game, so if this goes to the ground Numero should have no problem submitting him. Sykes’ only hope is to knock his head off with a

crazy kick!

Prediciton: Numero via submission.

155lbs: Tomas Nxon vs Alexander Voynov

Nxon is a BJJ fighter with 2 Sub wins against the same guy. I must say he has a ridiculously hairy face; rumours have spread around WPR that his father was sasquatch, I wonder if that is true!? Voynov will enter the cage in great shape and has a solid ground game. Expect a ground war here ladies and gentlemen.

Prediction: Voynov via submission.

205lbs Cevada Bacon vs Dion Reid

Bacon, well known in the QFC circuit has 4 wins and no losses to his name, has good ground game and will look to utilise that in this fight. Reid is a similar fighter, which should make for an interesting fight, who will be more impressive on the ground? We will soon find out. Lets see is Bacon can back up his impressive record in WPR.

Prediction: Bacon via decision.

Co main event, 170lbs: Reynaldo Magalyaes vs Vrando Vraganza

Magalyaes has a brown belt in BJJ and looks to be very dangerous in that department although he will be fighting in his debut against Vraganza aka ’15 inch Dick’…. An interesting choice of nick name! Vraganza is 4-0 and will has decent wrestling skills. A tough one to call, but I think Magalyaes’ brown belt will prove to be too much for Vraganza.

Prediction: Magalyaes via submission.

Main event, Julien Calcavante vs Raider Vancan

Calcavante concentrates on his MT in his search for victory in this bout against Vancan (5-1) who has a very established ground game. He is a class wrestler with 5 KO/TKO wins. This will be a big challenge for Calcavante who will need to keep this fight standing and cut his opponent up before Vancan gets the chance to take him down and do what he does best. I think Vancan will leave the cage with another victory though. Good luck to the both of you!

Prediction: Vancan via TKO.

That’s it for this event, Cheers, Rory.

Interview with Don Diego (team USA)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/32/32w41.jpg

Reporter: Well hello Don Diego! Nice to be here in Helsinki where you train, speaking of which, how has training been going for you? You look to have improved quite a lot from what I can see.

Diego: Training's been really good. I've been working with a great team at the Cutthroat gym here in Helsinki. It's all business in this gym and all about putting in the work. We don't go hang by the beach like those in Hawaii or party like they do in New York. The focus is 100% on reaching the top of the ladder and winning championships.

Reporter: Congratulations in you first fight of the tournament with a win over Renato Lita; a very impressive TKO victory. Next up you are against Peter McDonald who has a brown belt. What are your thoughts on him and how are you gonna execute your game plan?

Diego: Thanks. Coming into this tournament I knew there would be some dangerous jiu-jitsu martial artists. I have trained some bjj but my main focus has been more on keeping it standing using my wrestling and takedown defense. Mcdonald is a well-rounded fighter though and I'll have to be ready for him wherever the fight takes place.

Reporter: Who would you most like to meet in the final (if you made it there) out of everyone involved including your own team mates and why?

Diego: No one in particular but Parlma seems to be the favorite from either team so I guess like most I expect he'll probably be there in the final. Gotta stay focused on the man in front of you though and I'm all about beating Peter Mcdonald right now.

Reporter: Now, there seems to be a bit of bad blood between you and Abu Zayd, is that true? And how do you feel about Zayd and Parlma sharing a private jet over to Rio for the first event?

Diego: Yeah I'm not really sure what that is about. I did hear something but it might have been lost in translation since I don't believe english is Zayd's first language. I have no problem with him or that he shared a flight with Parlma. I had noticed they both trained in New York though so it doesn't surprise me they would be friends. He had said something as well about wanting to fight me but I just think it's one of those "be careful what you wish for" kind of things.

Reporter: Ok, you look like you are ready to get back to training. One more question; have you got anything to say to Abu Zayd or the rest of the contenders that you would like to share with us?

Diego: I'll say the same thing I said before this tournament started. It's no secret I'm looking for blood. I'm not here to win points or get some judge to give me a round. Doesn't matter who the opponent is when the cage door shuts you're my enemy and when it's over you'll know you've been in a fight.

WPR 4: Path to the Palace

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1362407529Amazing%20Paths%2013.jpg

Here we go again with yet another preview for another event! WPR is on the rise and events are happening more frequently now. All division are now occupied with the introduction of the 135lbs division which will be the home for the World Dominance 2013 tournament. Anyway, here is the preview for WPR 4.

170lbs: Joao Victor vs Joao Felipe Chaves

Both fighters will be gunning for their first victory. Victor is the better all-round fighter but Chaves has the far superior boxing advantage and I think he will prove to be too dangerous for Victor.

Prediction: Chaves via KO.

185lbs: Tyler Durden vs Jim Gold

Durden has a purple belt and some good boxing and will look to utilise his belt for victory here. Gold is the better wrestler and has proficient boxing. Gold will have to have a good game plan for this fight because he lacks the boxing skills of his opponent and does not have good BJJ skills.

Prediction: Durden via submission.

205lbs: Jaret Caston vs Seu Gil

Caston has great wrestling and a blue belt so obviously he will take this fight to the floor as he has no skill at all in his stand up game. Gil tends to feel comfortable on the ground because he has a purple belt but he will have to watch out for Caston’s ground and pound.

Prediction: Caston via TKO

155lbs: Rodrigo Baptista vs Mauricio Melendez

Baptista has fantastic MT skills with a record of 3-1, he is one dimensional but he knows how to use his strength to win. Melendez has a purple belt so will want this fight on the floor to sub Baptista. Lets see who can execute their game plan!

Prediction: Baptista via KO.

265lbs: Herp Derp vs Johnnie Cash

This should be a good fight because both men have similar boxing ability, cash with the edge though and both pose a threat to each other on the ground. Derp has strong wrestling so he will want to grind it out on the floor and get a stoppage where as Cash has a blue belt so has the potential to sub him, or perhaps KO Derp with his boxing.

Prediction: Derp via TKO.

155lbs: Mr Anderson vs Lee Bannon

This is an important fight for both fighters to get a contender spot or maybe a title shot. Bannon is 6-2 with a very solid ground game. His opponent Mr Anderson is a striker and has vicious MT skills. A classic match up striker vs grappler here, it will again come down to who pulls off their game plan. I would imagine Anderson has been training his TDD to avoid a ground fight.

Prediction: Anderson via TKO.

155lbs: Ryle Joaquin vs Jerome Te Rua

Another important fight to determine who will get a shot at the 155lbs belt. Both have brown belts and both are 2-0! This is definitely going to be a grappling war. Te Rua has better wrestling and Joaquin has better MT; apart from that they are even. A tough fight to pick who is gonna be the one to get their hand raised.

Prediction: Te Rua via submission.

265lbs: James Braddock vs Jin Woo Kim

Braddock with a decent record of 3-1 is a Boxer/Wrestler up against a pretty well rounded fighter; Woo Kim. Kim is 2-0 and concentrates on his boxing and brown belt to earn his victory. Should be a good fight, I am lookin forward to this one!

Prediction: Kim via submission.

Co main event:

155lbs: Broiler Gracie vs Rob Ramirez

Gracie is a one dimensional BJJ artist, all Gracie’s are! Ramirez is an all rounder but does not shine in any department. If Ramirez can keep this on the feet he will walk away with the W but I think that’s very unlikely. Gracie will get the take down and submission in my opinion!

Prediction: Gracie via submission.

Main event:

185lbs: Owen Rose vs Matheus Fonseca

Fonseca will have to be smart to pull off a victory here. Rose who is unbeaten in 4 fights has the boxing advantage and matches Fonseca’s ground game skills; well Fonseca has slightly better wrestling but not by much. Fonseca is 2-0, so both will be keen to maintain their unbeaten streaks desperately. It is gonna be a close fight but I see Rose getting his hand raised.

Prediction: Owen Rose via decision.

We have an interview with the rising star Mr Anderson.

Interviewer: Wow Mr Anderson, that is not a way, than any of us would have expected your last fight to end.

Mr Anderson: Yeah I am a little surprised, I did not expect to end the fight so fast, especially to the guy tapping out to my strikes like a little *itch, more less asking me not to hurt him no more.

Interviewer: Wow harsh words Mr Anderson, but it looks like you can back it up.

Mr Anderson: Yeah I have been training very hard for this fight, and I want to thank everyone who has helped me get ready for this fight. The guys over at Pros ya Knows are awesome to work with, and I can see myself getting better every day. I was a little worried about going on the ground with a brown belt, but my hard work paid off. Plus Bannnon has not been training much lately from what I hear. Hard work beats talent, when talent does not train hard.

Interviewer: With all the new changes in the world of mma, does it worry you at all.

Mr Anderson: It does worry me a little, but I just plan to work even harder, to eliminate some weaknesses I have. I look forward to the new changes, and expect some exciting fights in the future.

Interviewer: So what are your plans at the moment and do you have any opponents that you are looking to fight?

Mr Anderson: Well I took a little rest and now I am right back to training, that is my main focus at the moment but I think I have shown that I am a top 5 fighter in this 155lb division. I want to fight other top fighters, and maybe some day earn the belt, but not before I show I deserve it. I hate nothing more than a paper champion who does not deserve a belt.

Interviewer: Hmm so you do not approve of the title fight for the lightweight belt?

Mr Anderson: Well yes, Rob Ramirez called for a title shot after winning a fight that almost went the distance against a guy with a losing record of 4-5. He seems to be kind of lazy, as he never seems to train anymore, not my idea of a champion. Now he beat a good fighter, in impressive fashion and he has his title shot against a guy with no fight in this org. I am a little disappointed, but I will do most of my talking in the cage. I wonder if either of them has the balls to step in the cage with me. I can't look past Jerome Te Rua, as I really respect his ground game, but if I win I would either like another fight to show I deserve a title shot or I would even be fine with putting a whoppin on a paper champion.

Interviewer: Wow, this interview went much different than I had expected but it sure has been fun. That's all the time we have for now, but there we go fans, the one and only Mr Anderson.

*The fans go wild, chanting Mr Anderson Mr Anderson Mr Anderson*

Mr Anderson: *nods head in approval*