Photo

What happens to boxing if McGregor wins?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Revheat

Revheat

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:32 AM

Mayweather is probably one of boxing's biggest heroes in a long time.  What does it say about the sport of boxing if and MMA fighter crosses lines and whoops his ass at his own game?

#2 kenlow73

kenlow73

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 7,666 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Video Editing, Music, Pro Wrestling, MMA, Bucs, Bulls, Boltz, Rays, Magic, Noles, Storm, and The UNLV Running Rebs.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:37 AM

he's not going to win, so no point talking about it.

23844f55e258c7d5f0a812c3eb54b9ec.gif1490140446hxf_logo.pngpablo-garza-flying-knee-ko-o.gif

#3 Rambo

Rambo

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 8,813 posts
  • Interests:MMA, Football, Marijuana, Politics
  • Manager Profile

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:17 PM

not much. I don't think nothin really happens to boxing. MMA might get a little more viewers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 cmattos

cmattos

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:05 PM

maybe the division will be put in doubt, but  not the entire sport

just put some media in the HW and everithing will be fine

#5 Rocket

Rocket

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:19 PM

Boxing still has more than enough superstars to shine, it'd be a dented ego at most

Posted Image

#6 Kama

Kama

White Belt

• Manager
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:23 PM

He fights the winner of GGG vs Alvarez  :winner:

“You feel the last bit of breath leaving their body. You’re looking into their eyes. A person in that situation is God!”

#7 Tycooner

Tycooner

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:36 AM

He fights the winner of GGG vs Alvarez  :winner:

why are you trying to give that man a death sentence? what did conor do to you to have you wish death on him?

lol

Anyway Conor said That he wants Anthony Joshua next !!!

he dont care how big he is he is going to show him a real power punch !

lol

#8 Tycooner

Tycooner

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:41 AM

not much. I don't think nothin really happens to boxing. MMA might get a little more viewers.

I think Floyd wins  

but i agree it won't hurt boxing to bad.

Floyd is 40 years old  if they fought  5 years ago and he beat Floyd

boxing would feel a big sting i think

#9 Lefty

Lefty

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

A boxer coming over to MMA and getting his ass whooped wasn't as big a deal because it's fairly obvious that if you lack the skillset in a certain area you're going to get beatdown in MMA but a jack of all trades fighter going into pure boxing could be a much louder statement.

Still it's not like it will "end" boxing or put any sort of dent in a sport already steeped in corruption and lopsided can crushing at most levels of the sport. 

#10 Erik

Erik

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:56 PM

Not that he's going to, but boxing can always look at it from the perspective that Floyd is 40 years old and hasn't fought in 2 years.

Frank Zappa was a troll, you are just a twat.

See You Next Tuesday

#11 Fallen.Angel

Fallen.Angel

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:24 PM

btw mcgregor is fighting a legend in boxing, true ... but someone who is not 100% in his prime ... if he wanted to prove anything he would have fought Canelo or someone who is definitely in his prime right now ...

anyways  mcgregor will win the fight via match fixing

(big money involved... they don't even let out the real pay days for the fighters, promotions ... so, anything is possible :D )

Camp League [2016] :- Winners (Camp Legend Killers)

Pick'em League (PFL5) :- 2nd Place, (PFL4) :- Winner!,  (PFL3) :- 3rd Place
--------------------------------------------------

UFC Pick 'em [2017] :-  237- 153

#12 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 4,980 posts
  • Interests:Games, MMA, Basketball
  • Manager Profile

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:00 PM

I doubt Connor can beat him, even at 40y old, personally i would like to see that happen, but i am not sure that is good for the UFC because Conor will likely then go for another money fight in Boxing, there is no way he can earn that type of cash in MMA. This means the 155lbs belt might as well be vacated like the 145lbs belt because Connor wont be defending it any time soon. That said, if Conor was to win, it is a bit of a hit on the reputation of Boxing, but they will have their excuses that Floyd did not take the fight seriously or, he was beyond his prime and did not fight for 2 years etc etc.

#13 Rambo

Rambo

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 8,813 posts
  • Interests:MMA, Football, Marijuana, Politics
  • Manager Profile

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:30 PM

McGregor is going to get destroyed unless he rocks him and knocks him out early. He has MMA hands. Even when training boxing he's leaving his right hand extremely low and Floyd is gonna pick him apart.

Biggest difference in MMA and Boxing imho, boxing is a "hands up" sport because gloves can absorb a lot of damage and incoming blows. MMA not so much unless you tuck your head and cover up Gaethje style.. and even then that leaves you super vulnerable.

Conor's style and hand placement is "Hit me". It'd be nothin short of a miracle if McGregor pulls off the upset given his fighting stance and style of punching.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 GiankaBonghi

GiankaBonghi

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:47 AM

I do really believe that if Conor win he should stick with Boxing and make a lot more of money, then try  with Canelo and GGG and no matter what happen he should retire next and focus on Hollywood crap.

#15 JHL

JHL

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 272 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:16 AM

I do really believe that if Conor win he should stick with Boxing and make a lot more of money, then try  with Canelo and GGG and no matter what happen he should retire next and focus on Hollywood crap.

For selfish reasons I'd really like him to come back home after this one

fedor%2Bsweater.jpg

#16 Lefty

Lefty

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

For selfish reasons I'd really like him to come back home after this one

Me too but really MMA doesn't make enough money yet, it's still growing and doesn't have as many investors corrupting it so far.

Even if he loses Mcrgregor can possibly even find more money fights in boxing after this is done. Especially if he loses the long decision because that would at least give him a bit of credit where everyone is saying he will be KO'd.

#17 TAYNE

TAYNE

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:32 AM

It wouldn't do anything to existing fans but it would make it harder to convince new fans to watch in the immediate and distant future. Boxing has enough problems with that as it is.

giphy.gif

#18 kenlow73

kenlow73

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 7,666 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Video Editing, Music, Pro Wrestling, MMA, Bucs, Bulls, Boltz, Rays, Magic, Noles, Storm, and The UNLV Running Rebs.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:50 AM

giphy.gif

23844f55e258c7d5f0a812c3eb54b9ec.gif1490140446hxf_logo.pngpablo-garza-flying-knee-ko-o.gif

#19 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 4,980 posts
  • Interests:Games, MMA, Basketball
  • Manager Profile

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:44 PM

Anyway, i do not think we have anything to worry about, Conor will lose and end of story. I think the big question is if Mayweather has enough to finish him, i think the answer is yes, but we will see.

#20 kenlow73

kenlow73

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 7,666 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:33 PM

9c51df3aa601aec20a9cbe0d07611589.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users