Official Nutrition Improvement Thread

MMATycoon

OK, 1 week of discussion, let's try and get to some sort of concensus on improvements, then we'll do the stuff people are most happy with. If you want to link to an old thread, you can do but let's keep all the info in this thread too, so also summarise your thoughts from that thread or the general ideas in the thread overall.

Price floors/ceilings based on quality. Higher quality, higher minimum sale price. Lower quality, lower minimum sale price AND lower max sale price. This also addresses the issue of laundering in that most places will create a low quality supp (cheap research) for sale at top dollar.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Ability to use more than one supp at a time, maybe at an increased speed when two are used in conjunction. This would give a boost to the other non recovery supps as people would use them a lot more and make the supps last a shorter time for those that can afford it

• Upvote 5

Price floors/ceilings based on quality. Higher quality, higher minimum sale price. Lower quality, lower minimum sale price AND lower max sale price. This also addresses the issue of laundering in that most places will create a low quality supp (cheap research) for sale at top dollar.

I think laundering has been adequately addressed now. Probably don't need price fixing if other measures are taken. Just my thought on it.

New supplements?

Sups to boost agility, balance, flexibilty and speed (that work in conjunction with the appropriate CT session)

+1 Varied supps will help expand the market and provide new money sinks.

Ability to use more than one supp at a time, maybe at an increased speed when two are used in conjunction. This would give a boost to the other non recovery supps as people would use them a lot more and make the supps last a shorter time for those that can afford it

+1 same as above, I would limit it to 3 supps at once and make the increased speed of consumption at least triple when taking 3 at a time. So a 21 day supply of three different supps (63 days of supps total) would only last 7 days when used simultaneously.

Hype revisions:

I would allow company Hype to give a small morale boost when a fighter is sponsored as well. The higher the Hype plus the better the sponsorship offer, the higher the boost. Fighters who are given good sponsorships from well known companies should be happy about it.

Allow Hype to have a tangible effect with nutrition companies by allowing them the enter "partnerships" with orgs. High Hype supp companies give ratings boosts to partner org events and their product gets featured (with hyperlink) in every ToTT (not displacing individual fighter sponsorships) and small cut of org even profits.

Lastly:

Remove the supplement quality cap. Make it unlimited but keep the geometric increase in research costs. If a company wants to spend more money than currently exists in the Tycooniverse on research, let them.

• Upvote 2

expiration date for vending machine stock after partnership has expired

incentive for companies to sponsor again

maybe provide 1.25x more value to the dollar received via sponsorship if used in the nutrition owners shop

Something that I don't think anyone's ever suggested.

How about the ability for each store to have one speciality supp where they have a +5 increase in effectiveness?

Yes please!

Should it be a feat you can buy with money?

Something that I don't think anyone's ever suggested.

How about the ability for each store to have one speciality supp where they have a +5 increase in effectiveness?

As in a new product(s) or one of the existing ones?

I'd also like to see some new supps introduced. Something that addresses cuts and injuries possibly. This wouldn't interfere with your plans for doctors and whatnot, supps could decrease the cut/injury time inflicted from a fight, but not the likely hood of it occurring again in the next one...that's where your physicians could come in. Of course cut/injury time would then have to have a negative effect on training :suicide_anim:

• Upvote 1

Well with the sup lengths for new managers that cant afford it if we implemented it. We could add a sliding scale or w/e it's called to supps for supp length. Depending on the quality, say everything 1-145(or w/e the highest supp you can make with 50k loan) last the full 2 weeks and 160s last 4 days or w/e gets decided 146s-159s measure somewhere in between 13 days and 5 days. This would sorta solve the problem about new managers getting screwed with shortened days.

Increases supps bought

Increases supps bought

Maybe a simple sliding scale where supplements over quality 155 have their duration per product reduced by .5 days per every 2 points in quality?

Q155 = 14 days

Q157-158 = 13.5 days

Q159-160 = 13 days

Q160-161 = 12.5 days

etc...

Of course this assumes the quality cap would be lifted. If not it would need to be shifted lower.

Hype revisions:

I would allow company Hype to give a small morale boost when a fighter is sponsored as well. The higher the Hype plus the better the sponsorship offer, the higher the boost. Fighters who are given good sponsorships from well known companies should be happy about it.

have always liked this idea. it makes sense - works for clothing companies as well. big +1

taking multiple supps at one time in compilation with the +5 and the limit on supps created for nutcompanies, could invite a lot of competition amongst nutrition companies. a lot more supps would be in circulation more frequently. if companies could run out of supps from time to time and expiration dates on supps were implemented to prevent stockpiling, it could become quite the dog fight :)

Not one of the most important ideas but I would like to see the supplement logo you're using somewhere on your fighter page. Maybe by the sponsors? Or on the opposite side of the sponsors, picture would need to be minimized to fit.

I think stockpiling should always be allowed to an extent. Some company's run promotions or offer FOTN awards and a lot of the perks have to do with "free year suppy of supplements" and along them lines.

Not one of the most important ideas but I would like to see the supplement logo you're using somewhere on your fighter page. Maybe by the sponsors? Or on the opposite side of the sponsors, picture would need to be minimized to fit.

I think stockpiling should always be allowed to an extent. Some company's run promotions or offer FOTN awards and a lot of the perks have to do with "free year suppy of supplements" and along them lines.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t287/sfmwp13/111deleter.jpg

Or something like this would do. Organize it however you need to I think gym logo and supplement logo would be a great addition to the fighters page.

Maybe a simple sliding scale where supplements over quality 155 have their duration per product reduced by .5 days per every 2 points in quality?

Q155 = 14 days

Q157-158 = 13.5 days

Q159-160 = 13 days

Q160-161 = 12.5 days

etc...

Of course this assumes the quality cap would be lifted. If not it would need to be shifted lower.

this is a great idea as well because it evades the problem of new players not having enough money to afford, supps, clothing, gyms, etc. this will still allow them to buy a decent supp regularly. but allow the ppl that have money to gain a small edge if they work at it. a new player cant afford to buy a good supplement more than once every two weeks. really not even that often

[edit] also, if anything, let us at least start taking weight gain/loss supps while taking other supps. it's currently a virtually useless supp in the game as is. but fighters in real life go up and down in weight all the time. this is a strategical part of the game that is currently shut out

Just saw this, awesome that some improvements are going to be done but what I have read in this thread worries me a little. The reason we need improvements done to nutrition is becuase of the massive undercutting and over saturation of products in this game. The things listed so far barely address that and are more nifty little suggestions that would make things cooler for the fighters.

Supply would still be far to great and undercutting would still exist. Adding other supp types is great in theory, but people will still buy recovery as it gives you more sessions per week. Fighters don't use that many stamina or muscle supps as is and a speed one wouldn't be much different. Sure it's a money sink, but so is running a supplement company, I've put in 2.5 million dollars I don't need another thing to spend money on(which I would). Hell I'd probably make a 159 speed supp and undercut myself if nothing else was done, just to fuck everyone else over and be one of the only guys selling it.

The price floors and ceilings thing is a bit to artificial for me and it wouldn't help laundering like people think. Stores that are open just for moving money would all switch to clothing and that area would get worse. Companies like mine would just spend 100k to get a laundry supp and it wouldn't change a thing, just be a minor setback.

I like the idea of stacking supps. If people could take more than one, with the ammount of time they last for going down for every supp taken at a time I think that would be a great help. Lots of managers could afford to and would want to stack supps, but then there would probably have to be more supp types introduced.

I still think the best bet is to lower the ammount of time supps last and lower the ordering cap. If supplements are in high demand and their aren't enough for every player to buy, prices will naturally rise, holes will be filled and niches will be created. Edsfan is gonna cry how this is unfair to the noobs. Well, they could try writing, starting fighters in smaller cities, or even open up a supplement company that is now viable in the new system. It's pretty basic economics, if people can't afford supplements then someone will fill the void and sell a reasonably priced 145ish.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

@groovy

hey man, im just telling you how it is as a new player. if that doesnt suit you then im sorry. but in the end, if things dont at least cater to new players a little bit, then eventually there wont be any older players. but that's just me talking on a drunken sunday. so if it doesnt make sense, then i blame it on the eagles losing :P

@groovy

hey man, im just telling you how it is as a new player. if that doesnt suit you then im sorry. but in the end, if things dont at least cater to new players a little bit, then eventually there wont be any older players. but that's just me talking on a drunken sunday. so if it doesnt make sense, then i blame it on the eagles losing :P

The ammount of players in the game can't support 1/4 of the nutrition companies or clothing companies. The low prices to the best supps hurt new players more than not getting them would. If you don't have the time or patience to run an org it is virtually impossible to run a company that makes any money. Nutrition is completely fucked since it takes money to even have a chance in it, at least with clothing you make your own quality.

If you limit the hell out of quantity right now you open up a massive chunk of the market for new players to expand into. Right now most VIP managers own companies, so for there to be a massive shift in what people own then the equilibrium of the game will change.

Sure, eventually we will be back in the same situation, but that is only if things like Doctors and Housing would never be implemented. Those extra money sinks and companies would also open more doors for new players to make a starter company. Right now starter companies are way to hard to pull off and new managers have a hell of a time making a company that brings them that extra 2-5k per week that they need to really get going. That money is far more important than the little bit extra than they have to pay for supps.

Oh, and Go Pack!

And yes, if changes like this were made then I will make a shit load of money. The thing is, I will do whatever I have to do to make sure that I always run my company at maximum profit. I don't want to be one of the few people who makes money on a company other than orgs, let other people do it too.

BTW, this also lets more gyms have access to quality vending.

4 days per sup, 1500 order cap...

Longer lasting sups if they can be stacked...

that's my official position

The ammount of players in the game can't support 1/4 of the nutrition companies or clothing companies. The low prices to the best supps hurt new players more than not getting them would. If you don't have the time or patience to run an org it is virtually impossible to run a company that makes any money. Nutrition is completely fucked since it takes money to even have a chance in it, at least with clothing you make your own quality.

If you limit the hell out of quantity right now you open up a massive chunk of the market for new players to expand into. Right now most VIP managers own companies, so for there to be a massive shift in what people own then the equilibrium of the game will change.

Sure, eventually we will be back in the same situation, but that is only if things like Doctors and Housing would never be implemented. Those extra money sinks and companies would also open more doors for new players to make a starter company. Right now starter companies are way to hard to pull off and new managers have a hell of a time making a company that brings them that extra 2-5k per week that they need to really get going. That money is far more important than the little bit extra than they have to pay for supps.

Oh, and Go Pack!

the only remark i've made about supps is that i'd hate to see them drop from the 14 days of usage. i think that hurts new players any way you slice it and i'll stand by it. it's damn hard to afford a gym, a sup and clothing. it's actually almost impossible to afford decent in all three. that's why i +1'd greywars thought about making the better formula's expire at a faster rate. i think that dances around my issue perfectly.

as far as a new player getting a 160 supplement - i never said that a new player should get a 160 supplement. simply that supplements shouldnt exprire any faster because a new player cant afford it even if they use cheap stuff

------

i really feel like aaron rodgers has turned into an elite quarterback. if the eagles or cowboys dont straighten up and make the playoffs then the packers may have a shot. but we all know that's not gonna happen :P

Rogers was elite the moment he stepped onto the field. After his first three or four games we all knew that we had the best quarterback for the next ten years. Sucks for you Eagles fans right now, all those FA's and you can't win a game.

More demand fix's nutrition and clothing problems, it's simple economics. It resets to the business climate of two years ago with a very with a very simple fix and allows more time for the game to develop properly.

im not trying to debate rogers greatness at all. he's definately that. i personally didnt think that he'd be very good coming out of college. but he's proven me a fool :) - dont worry about the eagles. they're gonna be more than fine this year

im in little shape to be debating game logic. so you win for now. but tomarrow you might have an argument on your hands :)

im not trying to debate rogers greatness at all. he's definately that. i personally didnt think that he'd be very good coming out of college. but he's proven me a fool :) - dont worry about the eagles. they're gonna be more than fine this year

im in little shape to be debating game logic. so you win for now. but tomarrow you might have an argument on your hands :)

I didn't think Rodgers would be this good either, but he surprised the shit out of me. I though I was finally going to be one of those fans who cheers for a team with shitty QB's for 15 years. Be careful, 1-3 is a great way to be a title contender that doesn't make the playoffs *cough* Chargers *cough*

This thread should be in the general discussion for sure, it needs a lot more discussion than 2 pages after a few days. I'm half in the bag too, but changes like this need more discussion than what is happeneing.

Mike: Move this to general discussion for a full discourse on what should be done. Even if the topic falls apart after a few pages there will still be a lot of good points made as to what should be done.

He put it on twice today:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_AEIDjiFEbMI/TTu3yso6tWI/AAAAAAAAAPI/juuOYLkrJ5s/s1600/1864_160.jpg

I didn't think Rodgers would be this good either, but he surprised the shit out of me. I though I was finally going to be one of those fans who cheers for a team with shitty QB's for 15 years. Be careful, 1-3 is a great way to be a title contender that doesn't make the playoffs *cough* Chargers *cough*

This thread should be in the general discussion for sure, it needs a lot more discussion than 2 pages after a few days. I'm half in the bag too, but changes like this need more discussion than what is happeneing.

Mike: Move this to general discussion for a full discourse on what should be done. Even if the topic falls apart after a few pages there will still be a lot of good points made as to what should be done.

agreed on all points

He put it on twice today:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_AEIDjiFEbMI/TTu3yso6tWI/AAAAAAAAAPI/juuOYLkrJ5s/s1600/1864_160.jpg

haha good stuff