Setting fighter tactics

MMATycoon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When you have a striker and you go against a pure grappler with no striking ability, set to 90-100% counter with takedowns, how much agression do you go? 75%? 50%? 25%?

Sure, and what about clinch? if he is smart enough he will try to pull guard and you are fucked, for the rest i would go high counter high accuracy, but depend how the opposing fighter fight and if the Manager is one that change sliders in every fights.

• Upvote 1

When you have a striker and you go against another striker, I know it used to be that everyone went high on aggression because it was better. Now, where do you tend to go on striking if your striking skills are roughly equal? Is 25% aggression even a viable option for striker vs striker? I guide I read recommended 50-80% aggression and 55-65% accuracy for that matchup.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 18yrsold fighter..and I want to test him. Boxing competent MT useless wrestling useles bjj competent bluebelt...remarkable punch strong stike def strong TDD strong def grappling proficient clinchwork the rest is lower..how can i match up an opponent who is almost same like my 18yrsold fighter or lets say a little bit higher..will I stay on striking?do i need to be aggressor or just i set it to counter??tnx..still on learning progress.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I keep getting dominated in the clinch. Any hints for fighting against guys who are better in the clinch than you?

Try to avoid the clinch. Go with high clinch prediction sliders, like 50% minimum. But if your fighter skills are worse, you'll need to get lucky.

While in the clinch, be very aggressive. Never stall, always either strike or try to break free.

(These advice are only for early level fighters who are out-matched in the clinch game)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...