what does "Brawler" indicate?

I noticed that one of my fighters is described as a "Brawler" a lot, and it occurred to me that I have no idea what that's supposed to be a measure of. Looking at the Hidden Attributes, I think it could be a reference to Self Confidence or Heart, although the same fighter was described as "Determined", which I assume is about Self Confidence, and I don't think two descriptive tags would relate to the same attribute (a fighter wouldn't have both "Solid Chin" and "Granite Chin"). It could also reflect something about the fighter's Tactics Sliders; maybe it's the opposite of "Counter Striker."

its determined by sliders. if your aggressive then your probly gonna be a brawler.

sometimes is says basic striking and im not sure what that means?

I think that means you'd better have good Jiu Jitsu :smile_anim:

If you're aggressive and have limited boxing/MT skills (less than proficient?) then you're a brawler.

So the "basic striking"-thing disappears after a certain level of boxing/MT? There's nothing more to it?

Pretty positive that "brawler" means slider towards aggression, "counter striker" means slider towards counter. They have nothing to do with your skills.

Sometimes you will get keys that refer to primary striking skills, though: "basic striking" means low skill, "improved boxing (or whatever)" means like proficient or something, and they can go higher from there.

Pretty positive that "brawler" means slider towards aggression, "counter striker" means slider towards counter. They have nothing to do with your skills.

Sometimes you will get keys that refer to primary striking skills, though: "basic striking" means low skill, "improved boxing (or whatever)" means like proficient or something, and they can go higher from there.

This is all correct.

Competent = "basic"/"decent"

Proficient/Strong = "improved"/"solid"

Remarkable = "excellent"