Clinch issues

JLP

clinch issues  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be easier to enter and exit the clinch?

2. 2. Should knee accuracy and damage be increased?

• Accuracy needs a bump
    • Damage needs a bump
    • Both damage and accuracy need a bump
    • Neither needs a bump
  3. 3. Should elbow accuracy and damage be increased?

• Accuracy needs a bump
    • Damage needs a bump
    • Both damage and accuracy need a bump
    • Neither needs a bump

I think most anyone who reads the fight engine thread knows my opinion on this issue. I think it should be much easier to both enter and exit the clinch. Right now it is definitely easier to get a TD than to enter into a clinch. Exiting a clinch is difficult too, ref separations are rare or maybe non-existent. I can't recall ever seeing one.

I think that if we make entering and exiting easier, we need to boost knees and elbows a bit as well. They are already so in-accurate that many managers completely ignore training them. So if it was easier to escape the clinch they would be pretty much worthless.

• Upvote 2

I think if we bump the accuracy accumulation alone will fix the damage on both elbows and knees. I also think with the engine changes that countering into the clinch is easier than ever but escaping the clinch is still very difficult.

Personally I think making knees and elbows more accurate for those with higher skills in knees and elbows would be a great fix alone.

• Upvote 3

I say yes to entering, maybe on exiting.

Yes to both elbow & knee accuracy but no to DMG. I've seen a recent fight where a few body knees led to gassing inside 2 min of the fight @ 170lbs & that's not an easy task so I think they're very effective when landing.
If those are not like kicks & subs & others where you need them to defend them then it should be changed to that way IMO

I think if we bump the accuracy accumulation alone will fix the damage on both elbows and knees. I also think with the engine changes that countering into the clinch is easier than ever but escaping the clinch is still very difficult.

Personally I think making knees and elbows more accurate for those with higher skills in knees and elbows would be a great fix alone.

The accuracy bump leading to accumulation is a good point.

I haven't had much luck countering into the clinch at all. From my experience, I can get about 2 TD's a fight via counter with sens wrestling/strong TD's. With sens wrestling/elite MT/elite clinch I have had entire fights were I was unable to counter into the clinch.

It would help a lot if clinch attempts were added to the fight imperial/statistics too.

Accuracy of knees and elbows should increase/decrease in relation to the skill level of your fighter and his opponent. I think its ridiculous that a fighter with useless elbows and knees have the same defenses as fighters with exceptional elbows and knees. Or at least it seems like this is the case. Skill level should have more effect on defense against these skills not only offense. This will force managers to spread out their skill points more, which is a good thing IMO. It will promote more fighter diversity which was something mike said he wanted rather than cookie cutter builds.

How many fighters out there have useless elbows and knees? Way too many, the way it stands right now you don't need those skills at all.

• Upvote 4

Accuracy of knees and elbows should increase/decrease in relation to the skill level of your fighter and his opponent. I think its ridiculous that a fighter with useless elbows and knees have the same defenses as fighters with exceptional elbows and knees. Or at least it seems like this is the case. Skill level should have more effect on defense against these skills not only offense. This will force managers to spread out their skill points more, which is a good thing IMO. It will promote more fighter diversity which was something mike said he wanted rather than cookie cutter builds.

How many fighters out there have useless elbows and knees? Way too many, the way it stands right now you don't need those skills.

If you have elite knees or elbows you can easily exploit a fighter in the clinch that has useless in those categories.

• Upvote 1

As it stands right now, yes. But its something that should change. Obviously not an easy fix, it would probably require another skill reroll. Which I'm sure Mike wants to avoid at all costs.

Its no different than someone with elite kicks or subs dominating a fighter with useless levels in those skills.

Takedowns are just too easy, that's why clinch feels to hard to get. I think knees/elbows are little underpowered.

If Mike makes knees/elbows to skills that you need to have to defend them, its biggest mistake ever.. Future of mmatycoon 120 points in every skill..

MMA

Mixed Martial Arts.

Takedowns are just too easy, that's why clinch feels to hard to get. I think knees/elbows are little underpowered.

If Mike makes knees/elbows to skills that you need to have to defend them, its biggest mistake ever.. Future of mmatycoon 120 points in every skill..

If you wanted a roster full of Bisbings.

Um, they are already skills you need to defend them?

Is that true? It sure doesn't seem like it for elbows and knees. Right now it seems more like clinchwork, MT, wrestling and strength are enough to defend. Knees/elbow skill doesn't seem to make much of a difference at all for defense.

Imo it should be slightly easier to enter the clinch, it shouldnt be easier to get a takedown than a clinch, knees should be more damage and higher accuracy to the body. I do not think that it should be easier to exit the clinch, i like it how it is, if a guy pins you to the cage with hooks in, youre in trouble if he wants to keep you there in real life. Honestly one or 2 good knees to the body land and many people are crumpled whereas here, fighters with wonderful clinchwork vs useless go 13/13 on knees over 6 minutes collectively before finally putting someone down,if those people are granted easier clinch exits for not training clinchwork then the clinch would become just as ineffective as escapes.

• Upvote 3

Where will the end to all this be? Should we complain about the whole engine so that it changes to the point we don't need to train physicals? That's what it looks like is happening. When a fighters build sucks instead of fixing it we complain and say getting in and out of clinch or what ever should be easier. I don't like change. Work with it or fix your fighters its a much simpler way of fixing the/your problem.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Its not Supposed to be easy to exit the MT plum, is that (clinch) ?

The accuracy bump leading to accumulation is a good point.

I haven't had much luck countering into the clinch at all. From my experience, I can get about 2 TD's a fight via counter with sens wrestling/strong TD's. With sens wrestling/elite MT/elite clinch I have had entire fights were I was unable to counter into the clinch.

It would help a lot if clinch attempts were added to the fight imperial/statistics too.

The more logical thing it seems,is that I was so terrible in the clinch before the changes that counter clinch has improved my ability to get into the clinch. I don't read too many clinch fights outside of people using it against me, so I can only account for personal experience so if many people are having trouble gaining the clinch, they most likely are right. I don't really utilize it much now and never did in the past.

Where will the end to all this be? Should we complain about the whole engine so that it changes to the point we don't need to train physicals? That's what it looks like is happening. When a fighters build sucks instead of fixing it we complain and say getting in and out of clinch or what ever should be easier. I don't like change. Work with it or fix your fighters its a much simpler way of fixing the/your problem.

Before the last change, clinchers did very well. Now they suck. I know you were pretty much a noob then so you probably didnt have a grasp of the engine at that point.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4