Ascension Claymore Elite Combat OW

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Mr.J

Mr.J

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,184 posts
  • Interests:Football,MMA and not giving a fuck.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:35 AM

I'm considering paying you off LOL I'm not confident in Carlton at all...... I was just talking loud hahahahahaa

money well spent.

i am open to being bribed from other opponents as well.

tWUInvj.jpg?1
Modesty is the pride of the Mediocre.
According to me is the only according to me that matters.
A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of a sheep.

Self interest is the best interest.

#22 potter09

potter09

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:33 PM

Dennis Page will be replaced by Gymer Alexander

#23 stpierrecanada

stpierrecanada

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,986 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:55 PM

1h5z5d.jpg
"Killer" Kyle Carlton (123905)

Despite numerous rumors Carlton's manager paid for a win, Carlton refuses it, and manager Bradley Burns just said "No comment."

Carlton said this..

"You saw him try to rip my head off, he wasn't taking a dive, he was smashing me and couldn't put me down. This is a big W for me, and brings me confidence and drive to strive and win this tournament against these young Heavyweights. I'm the best of all time."

Fedor will always be the Greatest P4P fighter to ever live.

Posted Image

#24 YerMaw

YerMaw

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 464 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:56 PM

Week 3 preview coming; apologies for the delay, majorly stressful day - 50 mile round trip turned into 300 miles and I got a speeding fine to top it off, but the preview will be done on time.

#25 potter09

potter09

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:15 PM

Ok mate no worried

#26 YerMaw

YerMaw

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 464 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:00 PM

Week 3 Preview

#27 JLP

JLP

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:46 AM

Harrington and Newmark are pulling away early.  Harrington is going into the next round with a cut.

One of the biggest hearts in the game from my boy Hoi.  If you rock him he only becomes even more dangerous.

#28 stpierrecanada

stpierrecanada

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,986 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:33 PM

Kyle Carlton Vladislav Maslow scout3.jpgstats2.jpg plus.gif

THE REMATCH

1h5z5d.jpg  vs.  14174770714695.jpg

The first fight would determine who would represent UPG at the Olympics. This was the last good performance Carlton has had, and looks to defeat the re-surging Maslow. Fire-works will ensue, and Maslow will spam takedowns, Carlton will KO him.

koscheck_yoshida.gifrocked.gif

Maslow is rocked! 
Maslow throws a lazy uppercut 
and Carlton counters with a right, left combo that wobbles Maslow badly! Carlton follows up with a massive right hook, straight to the bridge of the nose that knocks Maslow out cold! Oh wow, what a finish! Very reminiscent of Koscheck vs Yoshida as Carlton finished him against the cage.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 4:58 of round 1, we have a winner by way of KO (Punches). Kyle Carlton!

Posted Image

#29 itakebrides

itakebrides

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 10:11 PM

Kyle Carlton Vladislav Maslow scout3.jpgstats2.jpg plus.gif

THE REMATCH

1h5z5d.jpg  vs.  14174770714695.jpg

The first fight would determine who would represent UPG at the Olympics. This was the last good performance Carlton has had, and looks to defeat the re-surging Maslow. Fire-works will ensue, and Maslow will spam takedowns, Carlton will KO him.

14174770714695.jpg

Vladislav "Farmer Mysterio" Maslow  response

Dont be so sure old man .I may be injured but  i am a more well rounded fighter then you .I have a feeling you wont be able to keep this on the feet  and i will welcome you to sub city.I looking forward to getting revenge .After this tournament is over i planning on retiring or helping younger fighter in the gym sparring dont know yet.I got unlucky in my last fight  and planning to get back to winning ways .I determine to make the playoffs and putting you out of your misery is my only way of doing it so watch out 

Russell_Crowe_Loves_Fighting_Fighting_Ar

#30 YerMaw

YerMaw

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 464 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:42 PM

Week 4 Preview

Good luck everybody!

#31 stpierrecanada

stpierrecanada

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,986 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:54 PM

1h5z5d.jpg

"Killer" Kyle Carlton (123905)

Carlton quickly KO's Maslow in rematch, 

Carlton said this..

"All about game planning, me and coach had it down perfectly. One fight at a time I'll keep rebuilding myself, I'm here and still very dangerous to any man. Maslow crumpled like I expected, I had an awful flight and only had 70% energy so no excuses from him.."

Posted Image

#32 YerMaw

YerMaw

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 464 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:31 AM

Week 5 Preview

Davies again confusing the hell out of me with all these location changes :P - I actually didn't realise last weeks was in London till after the event, fortunately it still worked out alright timing wise but I'll be paying closer attention in the future so no more articles coming out at the last minute ;)

#33 JLP

JLP

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:04 PM

Ouch, I thought it was going to be judged an easy win for Hoi reading that fight.  It seems like you its almost impossible to win a decision if you have the lower agg these days.  Newmark landed only about 1/3rd of his strikes and hoi outlanded him as well.  Hoi has good power and i was slightly to the left of 50%.   Bear has been rolling in both EPL's the last few weeks, congrats to him.

#34 HeySteve

HeySteve

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:52 PM

Thanks JLP.  I'll be the first to admit Newmark did not deserve that win.  I was quite surprised when I saw the result, I really thought Hoi had it.  

Buy hey, I'll take it.  I was ready to dump Newmark because I thought he was done, but figured I'd enter him in the EPL instead and look at him go.  

#35 itakebrides

itakebrides

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:30 PM

Vladislav "Farmer Mysterio" Maslow injury update breaking news

This just in Vladislav "Farmer Mysterio" Maslow  has received a injury from his post fight victory party after beating Ricardo Griezmann convincingly in the first round  .Thing were starting to look for Maslow and his hope of making the playoffs was becoming a reality  .From are sources however Maslow partied way to hard for his own  good.He a was banging a over weight stripper in the shower  when he slipped and stubbed  his toe .If this was not bad enough when he told his manger that he be injured for his next fight his manager  flew off the handle .Mickey hart a  know drunk and with a quick temper throw  a whiskey bottle at Maslow .This is something Maslow  had  seemed in the past and was able to duck the whiskey bottle in his younger days .On this day however his reflexes and striking defense not being sharp as they once were got hit full force knocking Maslow totally out cold .This means he now has a concussions and a foot injury going into the next fight .it seems also the fighter manager relations have broken down completely and look to break up officially after the tournament is over 

#36 YerMaw

YerMaw

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 464 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:41 PM

Got an emergency call in to work so unfortunately won't be able to finish off this weeks preview, but here's the updated league table:

96SyzBE.png

In lieu of the full preview here's a quick run down of the state of play going into Week 9:

- Carlton, Maslow, Griezmann & Bomb mathematically can no longer secure a playoff spot

- Akamai Hoi is still in the running but it's a long shot and he will need some help from elsewhere, however... with a relatively favourable schedule to finish the season (Maslow, Carlton & Bomb) it's not entirely out of the question.

- Wins for Rasputin and Newmark tonight would secure them their place in the post-season with two weeks to spare

- In case you missed it, Harrington pulled off an unexpected submission victory against Carlton last week as he took the veteran into the clinch and pulled guard (I can only speculate but I suspect Megajug's strategy here was to avoid sustaining further cuts by taking the fight to the floor, looks like it paid off)

- tough matchups for McLauglin & Tyson this week (facing Harrington and Newmark respectively) and with Alexandersson looking likely to walk away with full points from his matchup with Griezmann they will need to up the ante if they want to remain in the running for the playoffs.

- quick injury update: McLauglin starts this week with both injury and cut concerns, Harrington still has 4 days worth of cuts, Hoi has some minor injuries and predictably Griezmann goes into yet another fight with major cut problems (with yet another doctor's stoppage looking inevitable, that's if Alexandersson doesn't knock him out first)

#37 YerMaw

YerMaw

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 464 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:33 PM

Updated table post week-9:

bAZKSCe.png

And I believe congratulations are in order to Grigori Rasputin and Bobby Newmark for securing their place in the playoffs ;)

#38 stpierrecanada

stpierrecanada

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,986 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:57 PM

Wow Maslow with a big upset.

Posted Image

#39 itakebrides

itakebrides

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:18 PM

Wow Maslow with a big upset.

hoi was injured so i cut him some slack  with that lost .Also are you guys sure i cant quality no matter what ???There only 2 points between  us.If i ko j bomb and hoi losses wont i quality  ???

#40 YerMaw

YerMaw

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 464 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:48 PM

hoi was injured so i cut him some slack  with that lost .Also are you guys sure i cant quality no matter what ???There only 2 points between  us.If i ko j bomb and hoi losses wont i quality  ???

Four people Hoi can beat for that last playoff spot: Alexandersson, Tyson, Curry & McLauglin

Problem is Curry faces Tyson in Week 11 and Alexandersson in Week 12. So you need Curry to draw both fights, Alexandersson to lose/draw to Newmark and Tyson to lose/draw to Maslow. And McLauglin to pick up no more than two points over the next two weeks.

Essentially you're reliant on Curry going the distance in an equal fight against both Tyson & Alexandersson. Given his style and combination of KO power/suspect chin I think it's safe to say this is a very unlikely scenario. On top of that I wouldn't rate Maslow's chances against Tyson particularly highly, although as we have seen upsets can happen.

Mathematically it's still possible, but highly improbable to say the least.

---

EDIT: Oh wait my bad, I thought you were talking about Hoi.

Maslow's well and truly out of the competition.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ascension, Claymore Elite Combat, OW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users