ASCENSION'S NEW BREED TOURNAMENT - SEASON 1
Ascension is glad to present a new series of tournaments called New Breed. The idea of this series is to hold tournaments with ID restrictions for some of the top guys around that division in an specific weight class. We've seen a good amount of new bucks coming over to big orgs and doing just fine and we wanted to give some of those that haven't reached that spot (or those who are already around there) a fair tournament and a opportunity to make history.
The concept of each season is to pick a ID restriction that's not too young yet not too old. Weight classes will rarely be decided before the sign up as we don't want to cut the chances of some fighters just because of his weight. This is a open trial. If you have a fighter that matches the ID restriction and you wanna give it a try, you should follow the example that will be down below this thread.
So let's go for the last specific details of the first season:
- The ID restriction for this season will be 160k.
- You just have to say the name of the fighter you want to sign up and the name of the weight classes he can fight.
Note: There won't be huge differences in weight regarding this tournament. If your fighter can cut down to the weight classes you listed, he's 100% guaranteed as a possible contestant for the division. If he doesn't, then we'll decide if he can fight in that specific division in case we choose it. e.g: Fighter A weights 149 pounds and wants to fight at 170. That's probably not gonna happen (21 pounds is a little bit too much) but he could fight from 135 to 155 with no problem. Another one is a fighter that weights 210 pounds and would fight at heavyweight (considering most guys would weight higher, the weight limit for 265 is 225 pounds).
We wanna be fair to the contestants and avoid some of the big differences regarding that aspect. Height won't be considered as a factor.
- Fights will be contested between 16-21 days from each other (looking to avoid injuries/cuts as a possible disadvantage for someone in that position). In case everybody's healthy within 14 days, we can discuss booking the events earlier than that but nobody will fight injured.
- This season will feature 16 fighters from a TBD weight class that will fight in a knockout tournament. Currently the fights will be decided by random draw and then the bracket will be decided by another draw in which we'll choose numbers for each fight and then randomly draw numbers so the positions of the fights are determined. If managers want to, the next 2 rounds could be decided by another draw (either fights being decided by that or just the fights positions for the quarter finals and semi finals).
- The prize for this season will be $4 Million!
- Starting date will be determined when the fighters and the weight class are chosen.
The rest is up to you. Good luck!