MMA fighters fight outside the cage.

I was thinking about this the other day. I made a comment i wanted more fighters to fight outside the cage. What i meant was i dont like seeing fighters back down from situations. Lets face it the fighters who will handle their business are much more interesting. Now i dont think its a good think for pro fighters to go after the average Joe. But then again im not against them going after each other. Without this possibility all the shit talk is pointless. They talm and threaten and bla bla bla and then they are face to face and nothing. I would like to see shit get real for once. So i wanted to make a list with your guys help of all the physcial altercations that have went down "outside" the cage so to speak. There had to be some thing physical. Basically they have to have started going at it. No shoving matches or argueing. Real incidents even if it didnt have a conclusion or nothing major happened. Punches thrown, takedowns, etc are good things to consider. I will name some off the top of my head and you guys name ones you have seen or heard of that can be supported. Please no rumors only you and a few people know.

Tank Abbott vs Pat Smith - Pat pulled out of a fight that allowed I think Don Frye to fix a fight with his buddy to screw Tank in the finals. So when Tank and Paul Herrera were in a elevator and the doors open and there stood Smith. Tank hit Smith with a right hand and he goes down and they kick the shit out of him. Tank claims Paul threw the punch all other sources including Buffer who I believe was a witness said it was Tank that hit him. Who know!

Tank Abbott vs Allan Goes- Tank went to Allan Goes school to try BJJ for the first time since he was about to fight in the UFC for the first time. Of course being a white belt Goes taps him out a few times and Tank was already a very well known street fighter in the area and supposedly Goes sent his friend to video tape the match. When Tank was a big name in the UFC a couple years later. Goes is going around shooting his mouth off that he tapped Tank. So when Tank sees him in the crowd at a UFC in Puerto Rico. Tank goes after him right there in the crowd. The UFC cameras caught a glimpse of what happens. It shows Tank throws a big right hand and taking Goes to the ground. Not sure what else happened. Im sure it was broke up soon after.

Tank Abbott vs Wallid Ismail- At some point Al Stanky, Vitor Belforts boxing coach I believe was running his mouth at Tank. Tank apparently slapped him. Stanky I think was about 50 at the time. Vitor was in a group of a bunch of guys like Joe Marrero, Wallid Ismail, Vitor, and they at the time befriended Kimo into their gang. None of them would do anything. But in a hotel ballroom befor/after a UFC event where all the fighters were mingling. Tank is standing in a circle talking to Mark Coleman and someone else. Out of no where Wallid Ismail runs by and blind sides Tank with a punch and run away. Tank didn't see anything coming and went down fast and jumped back up. There is video of it going down but it hard to see anything as this was mid 90's home video and the room was crowded. What you do see is all hell breaks lose. Then Tank is running throw the hotel with his gang of friends like a swat teams and Ismail and his people are running for their lives.

Phil Baroni vs Josh Burkman- From what I read it sounds like Burkman and his brother basically jumped Baroni after Baroni was being a prick and trying to start a fight to impress his GF. I think its best if I paste the story from his account.

FB: I heard you had an altercation with Phil Baroni, What Happened?

JB: Well Team Punishment got together to do a meet and greet with the fans. Everybody was there Kendal, Tito everyone from Team Punishment and Phil Baroni was there too. And I mean from what I hear Phil Baroni is a real hot head. So were all just doing our thing that day. So later were at the club. Tito got a couple of tables at Sutra. You know and I wasn’t partying I was just kind of hanging out screwing around and there was like twenty-five people packed into a small little area, and were all dancing and I got bumped a little bit, and Baroni was next to me with his girlfriend and she was standing there with her hands around Phil. Nobodies trying to pick up on her or anything and I bumped into her, and my hand might have smacked her hip, or her thigh or something I don’t know? The next thing I know Phil’s tapping me on my shoulder and he’s like did you touch my girlfriend’s ass?(In Josh’s best Phil Baroni accent) And I was like no I didn’t touch your girlfriend’s ass come on? And then I look away and my brother is like what did he say? So then Phil taps me again? And he’s like are you sure you didn’t touch my girlfriend’s ass? And I was like dude I got more respect then that, I didn’t touch your girl’s ass. And then he grabs my shoulder again. And I’m like dude don’t fucking touch me again. So we start to get into it back and fourth, and he starts to run his mouth a little bit, and now I’m getting pissed off, and I start making fun of him saying how he such a bad ass and what not. Basically I wasn’t trying to calm the situation down lets just say that.

So Tito grabs me and he’s like hey bro what’s the deal? And he was like just apologize he such a fucking hothead. And I was like I’m not going to apologize dude I didn’t do anything. He’s like dude just don’t get into a fight! And I’m like no worries I won’t get into a fight.

So I go over to Phil and am like no worries bro I got no problem with you lets just drop it. And Baroni’s like fuck you I never like you anyways, so he goes to smack me in the head right over Ken Pavia. (Phil’s manager) So right when he goes to smack me I hit him with a right hand and at the same time my brother hits him, and you know where at the club my brother has got my back always. So my brother hits him with like three right hands and puts his head down. Soon as he puts his head down Tito grabs my brother, and I was still there and I hit him with a couple of shots, and you know his head is still down, so I Thai clinched him and hit him with about three knees. Then somebody grabbed Phil and somebody grabbed me. And I was standing there with my brother and I was like you alright bro? And we were laughing. Tito comes up and is like what the fuck man? I told you not to get into a fight! And I was like dude I was just standing there and he slapped me what did you want me to do? Next thing you know whoever was holding Phil down on the coach let him go. And he jumped up from behind me and nailed me with a left hook. Totally blind sided me.

FB: Where did he hit you?

JB: Right in the chin dude. Right below the ear he hit me hard. I mean I felt the hit, but we have been training for weeks, so I was good you know? So then I turn around and my brother is already blasting him, so then Tito again grabs my brother. So then I start hitting him and they let me and Baroni go at it for like 45 seconds, and I had his head down on the couch and I was hitting him in the face and I got him good a bunch of times, so then I go to look for my brother and Tito has got him in a rear naked choke hold. So I’m like Tito let him go dude that’s my brother. So he lets him go and he’s out cold.

So my brother is laying on the couch and I’m trying to wake him up, and then I felt something and I look down and Phil is trying to lock on an ankle lock on my brother, and not like a straight ankle lock, he’s got a heal hook in and he’s trying to break my brother’s ankle, so I reached down and hit Phil a couple of time to get him off. And my brother’s ankle was all swollen the next day because he had a good little lock on him. I mean how hard is it to put an ankle lock on someone who is passed out.

So the next thing the security guard is grabbing me and is like lets go, and I’m like I’m cool man I’m not trying to do anything I just got cheap shoted and that’s all there is too it. So we go outside and Phil and Ken come walking out and Phil’s like you fucking pussies you know in his little accent and my brother is making fun of him, so the dude is just a hot head whacked out of his mind. So Ken Pavia comes over and is like be the bigger man you got a fight with Karo coming up, and I didn’t want to deal with it later, so I was like let me go over there and just apologize to him and bury this, and Ken was like just you not your friends, so I walk over there and I’m like Phil lets bury this I got no issues with you. So I go to shake his hand, and he acts like he’s going to shake my hand, and then throws a big ass left hook at me. He missed because he wound up so far he was trying to kill me. I was like bro you’re a coward, and then security came out and broke it up again and that was pretty much it.

FB: Were you injured in the fight?

JB: O no we have been over here training; you know the guys are all worried about my jaw. I mean he got me but I’m good.

FB: What did he look like afterwards?

JB: He’s going around saying nothing happened, but I bet you money nobody see’s him for a week. His manager Ken Pavia called me and was like the UFC will really look down upon this and let’s just try to keep everything quiet. And I said bro I already talked to Dana and there not going to look down on me cause I got cheap shoted and defended myself. Just because your guy is an idiot doesn’t mean I’m not going to tell my side of the story. You know we just beat him up for being an idiot. It was quite the little may lay. I’m just glad nobody got hurt hopefully were all good for our fights.

Lee Murray vs Tito Ortiz- To many different accounts of what when down to go into.

Ken Shamrock vs Mark Hall- There was something about one of the guys being paid in furniture or something. Not sure who owed who what. But Hall goes to Kens Gym and was running his mouth. When he finally ran into Ken in the back he runs his mouth and Ken beat the shit out of him.

Nick Diaz vs Joe Riggs- I never heard much details of what went on in the hospital. Details have always been shady. When it first happened there was talk of then fighting with IV's in their arm then it was broken up they got into it again in the bathroom. But who knows what is true and what really happened. But its pretty well known something went down. A few months later I saw Riggs at a Gracie Fighting Championships. He come out of the bathroom with Stephan Bonnar. I told him I hope he kills Diaz in a rematch. Him and Bonnar both drunkenly said Diaz don't deserve a rematch. Even though I was a Riggs fan. You could tell he didn't want to fight Diaz again. Probably more so because he felt he was crazy than anything else.

Rickson vs Hugo Duarte on the beach- There has always been a rivalry between Luta Livre fighters and BJJ. Hugo was supposedly at the beach talking shit about Rickson, the Gracie family, and GJJ. Rickson was told and went to the beach to challenge him. In the end Rickson got mount and pounded him into submission until Hugo admitted GJJ was the best. Hugo claims Ricksons people kicked sand in his eyes.

Rickson vs Yoji Anjo- Takada had been trying to get Rickson to fight in Japan for a long time. Rickson turned them down because they wanted scripted fights. Takada needed to breath life into his pro wrestling promotion that was struggling. Anjo was his right hand man. So Anjo was sent or decided to go to Los Angeles where Ricksons Gym was and challenge him. Anjo brought a lot of Japanese media with him. Rich was told Anjo was at his gym wanting to fight him. When Rickson arrived he accepted Anjos challenge but no media was allowed in. He agreed and they went in the gym and fought. From all accounts. Rickson basically got mount immediately and beat him to death and choked him out. Anjo when he woke up went outside to the media with his face beat all to hell and both eyes swollen. He come back a while later(days) with flowers and offered an apology.

Bruce Buffer vs Frank Trigg- Both are in an elevator with Dana White. I think Buffer is talking and Trigg interrupts and buffer says something to him. Something along those lines. Any way Triggs gets mad and hits Buffer in the throat just to be a dick. Buffers voice being his livelihood. He staps and they start fighting and rolling around in the elevator and Buffer end up on Triggs back and puts a rear naked choke on him.

Ryan Gracie x Tico (closed challenge)

This is true history about the rivalry between Ryan and Wallid: During a championship at Colégio Viega de Almeida (Barra-RJ) which was organized by the recent created Associação de Jiu-Jitsu da Barra da Tijuca.There was a discussion between Ryan and Tico.Both were in th attendance and went out out to fight outside the Gymnasium, but Carlos Gracie Jr. Went there and didn’t allow the fight, arguing. That it was the first Jiu-jitsu Championship at that place and this kind of inccident could maculate the Jiu-jitsu image. So they schedulled the fight for the next day.At the day after, Ryan at 8:30 am was at Academia Espaço Vital (Where Gracie-Barra resides). Then Wallid arrived followed by Amaury (Bitetti) and Parrumpinha. Carlos Gracie Jr. didn’t allow the fight inside the academy,arguing that iy wasn’t the appropriate place to held a fight. So Soca (Alexandre Carneiro) said that his house was empty and the fight could happen there. So everybody went to Soca’s house. In a common sense, it was estipulated that only Renzo and Wallid could give instructions for the fighters, Ryan and Tico respectivily. The fight went for 40 minutes and started on the garden and ending inside of the house where Ryan Fall over a plants vase and broke his ribs. This is the fight sumary: Both were inactive for a long time, but when Ryan went for the take down, he was able put the fight on the ground,and get the mounting position where he throws some punches but gassed and Tico(who was bigger and stronger)as able to espace.In one of these exchange of positions,Tico tried to Broke a Ryan’s finger.Ryan imdediatelly protested but Wallid(who was givng instruction for Tico) said that this wasn’t a friendly match but ‘’porrada’.Then someone screamed:’’ Bit his face Ryan’’.Ryan didn’t think twice and bitted Tito’s ear tooking a piece of it off (after that Renzo caught a piece of Tico’s ear and put it on the freezer).When Ryan broked his rib,the stoppage was a good thing for both fights. Just a last detail:In the beggining of the fight, Renzo was pissed off due the inactivity of both fights. And Renzo getting nervous with the lack of action screamed: ‘’Bóra Raia,dá uma escarrada na cara desse corno’’ (Let’s go Ryan, spit in the face of Tico!!!). Then Ryan threw 4 or 5 spits on Tico’s face.

Ryan Gracie and Jorge Macaco Patino - Part 1

When Jorge Macaco Patino entered the FPJJ, (Jiu-Jitsu Federation from São Paulo) he announced that the skirmish was about to start "the fight". Ryan got pissed off, but was chastised by his uncle Carlos Gracie Jr, saying that it was no good, a Gracie getting punked out in front of almost all the other professors. Carlos Gracie Jr. said they would have to fight, then Ryan grabbed Fábio Gurgel asking for him to separate them. His uncle was perplexed, not believing what he saw. After they were separated, Macaco went into the street and began calling Ryan out to continue the fight. Ryan didn't come out, to the despair of his uncle, who ordered him to go out and continue the fight. Macaco then started destroying Ryan's motorcycle, to get him to come out, but nothing could make Ryan come out of FPJJ, all he did was cry out from behind his uncle, "Please, not the bike, it has nothing to do with this!"

The rivalry between Ryan Gracie and Jorge Macaco Patino - Part 2

This time the locale of the "fight" was the area called Itaim in São Paulo. Once again the two met and after many compliments to the mothers of each, one of them ate a nice shot. However, this time Ryan gave it. Soon after that the fight started: Ryan performed "Bahiana" (double-leg) on Macaco and landed in the "100 Kilos" position (side position.) From there Ryan was landing little shots without much effect and Macaco was laying there practically without reaction, when suddenly a third "fighter" appeared: Hulligan, a pitbull. He got between them two and caused tremendous confusion, then Ryan used this to his advantage. He started raining blows on Macaco, who also tried throwing some shots, but didn't really land anything. They managed to take the dog off of the two fighters, and the fight continued. Ryan strangely gassed soon after, and he moved away from Macaco saying "It's ok, it's ok." It was now one for each side, but destiny still placed them face to face many times later.

Any other bad blood throw downs come to mind? I didnt count the Don Frye vs Sonny Westbrook fight, Miller and the Diaz scuffle, McGee/Chuck Liddell knocking out a bunch of people in a bar, or Kimbo vs Gannon or Roger Huerta vs thug at bar. Fights like this are a slippery slope. They can reflect bad on the sport but at the same time i think its good to have shit hit the fan to keep people honest. Everyone claims they will kill you when they see you knowing it will never happen. If someone calls them on it and goes after their ass. People would talk shit so half hazzard.

• Upvote 1

Buffer vs Trigg is a good one lol. We need a good scuffle in MMA right now. It really bugs me to hear every talking like they are tough guys when they wouldnt fight outside the cage if their life depended on it. We all know Chael talks shit to be funny and most reasonable people dont take him serious. But then you see him and Wandy in a van and Wandy has a cast on and is hurt. He sits right there and talks all this shit about Chael getting his teeth knocked out and he knows damn well he had no intentions of ever doing anything. He did exactly what he was mad as Chael for doing. Chael is smart. He knows none of these guys will ever do anything about it. So he says all kinds of stuff. I think Chael isnt worried about anyone coming at him IRL. He is willing to take the shit his character asks for. But he knows it will never happen. Its just nice to know sometimes all the hype and bad blood is real. Not a fan of Diaz bad blood because his seems to be more crazy and more of a tantrum when he starts shit. I would love for someone to get in Rampages shit. He is always talking and past the point of backing it up.

I know Rickson Gracie tapped out Mark Schultz a bunch of times, but I believe that was just grappling with no bad blood in it.

Edson Carvalho apparently kicked the shit out of Wallid Ismail.

Christiano Marcello triangled Krazy Horse backstage at a PRIDE event, but given a bunch of the footage is missing it's unknown if it was just Marcello.

I know Rickson Gracie tapped out Mark Schultz a bunch of times, but I believe that was just grappling with no bad blood in it.

Christiano Marcello triangled Krazy Horse backstage at a PRIDE event, but given a bunch of the footage is missing it's unknown if it was just Marcello.

Good stuff forgot all about Brazil lol.

Rickson vs Hugo Duarte on the beach

Rickson vs Yoji Anjo

Ryan Gracie x Tico (closed challenge)

This is true history about the rivalry between Ryan and Wallid: During a championship at Colégio Viega de Almeida (Barra-RJ) which was organized by the recent created Associação de Jiu-Jitsu da Barra da Tijuca.There was a discussion between Ryan and Tico.Both were in th attendance and went out out to fight outside the Gymnasium, but Carlos Gracie Jr. Went there and didn’t allow the fight, arguing. That it was the first Jiu-jitsu Championship at that place and this kind of inccident could maculate the Jiu-jitsu image. So they schedulled the fight for the next day.At the day after, Ryan at 8:30 am was at Academia Espaço Vital (Where Gracie-Barra resides). Then Wallid arrived followed by Amaury (Bitetti) and Parrumpinha. Carlos Gracie Jr. didn’t allow the fight inside the academy,arguing that iy wasn’t the appropriate place to held a fight. So Soca (Alexandre Carneiro) said that his house was empty and the fight could happen there. So everybody went to Soca’s house. In a common sense, it was estipulated that only Renzo and Wallid could give instructions for the fighters, Ryan and Tico respectivily. The fight went for 40 minutes and started on the garden and ending inside of the house where Ryan Fall over a plants vase and broke his ribs. This is the fight sumary: Both were inactive for a long time, but when Ryan went for the take down, he was able put the fight on the ground,and get the mounting position where he throws some punches but gassed and Tico(who was bigger and stronger)as able to espace.In one of these exchange of positions,Tico tried to Broke a Ryan’s finger.Ryan imdediatelly protested but Wallid(who was givng instruction for Tico) said that this wasn’t a friendly match but ‘’porrada’.Then someone screamed:’’ Bit his face Ryan’’.Ryan didn’t think twice and bitted Tito’s ear tooking a piece of it off (after that Renzo caught a piece of Tico’s ear and put it on the freezer).When Ryan broked his rib,the stoppage was a good thing for both fights. Just a last detail:In the beggining of the fight, Renzo was pissed off due the inactivity of both fights. And Renzo getting nervous with the lack of action screamed: ‘’Bóra Raia,dá uma escarrada na cara desse corno’’ (Let’s go Ryan, spit in the face of Tico!!!). Then Ryan threw 4 or 5 spits on Tico’s face.

The rivalry between Ryan Gracie and Jorge Macaco Patino - Part 1

When Jorge Macaco Patino entered the FPJJ, (Jiu-Jitsu Federation from São Paulo) he announced that the skirmish was about to start "the fight". Ryan got pissed off, but was chastised by his uncle Carlos Gracie Jr, saying that it was no good, a Gracie getting punked out in front of almost all the other professors. Carlos Gracie Jr. said they would have to fight, then Ryan grabbed Fábio Gurgel asking for him to separate them. His uncle was perplexed, not believing what he saw. After they were separated, Macaco went into the street and began calling Ryan out to continue the fight. Ryan didn't come out, to the despair of his uncle, who ordered him to go out and continue the fight. Macaco then started destroying Ryan's motorcycle, to get him to come out, but nothing could make Ryan come out of FPJJ, all he did was cry out from behind his uncle, "Please, not the bike, it has nothing to do with this!"

The rivalry between Ryan Gracie and Jorge Macaco Patino - Part 2

This time the locale of the "fight" was the area called Itaim in São Paulo. Once again the two met and after many compliments to the mothers of each, one of them ate a nice shot. However, this time Ryan gave it. Soon after that the fight started: Ryan performed "Bahiana" (double-leg) on Macaco and landed in the "100 Kilos" position (side position.) From there Ryan was landing little shots without much effect and Macaco was laying there practically without reaction, when suddenly a third "fighter" appeared: Hulligan, a pitbull. He got between them two and caused tremendous confusion, then Ryan used this to his advantage. He started raining blows on Macaco, who also tried throwing some shots, but didn't really land anything. They managed to take the dog off of the two fighters, and the fight continued. Ryan strangely gassed soon after, and he moved away from Macaco saying "It's ok, it's ok." It was now one for each side, but destiny still placed them face to face many times later.

I really like this thread.

I have pretty much heard of all of these fights like Buffer choking out Trigg in an elevator supposedly and Nick going after Riggs in the hospital and Lee Murray KOing Tito outside of the bar (als should be noted that Chuck was supposedly KOing guys left and right in that same fight).

Would be great if we posted a supposed summary of each fight like the Ryan Gracie one above.

I really like this thread.

I have pretty much heard of all of these fights like Buffer choking out Trigg in an elevator supposedly and Nick going after Riggs in the hospital and Lee Murray KOing Tito outside of the bar (als should be noted that Chuck was supposedly KOing guys left and right in that same fight).

Would be great if we posted a supposed summary of each fight like the Ryan Gracie one above.

I will post a summary of what I know/remember about each one.

Read somewhere that Krazy Horse knocked down/out Wanderlei Silva via sucker punch and ran after he got choked out.

and: http://www.cameldog.net/empire-ufc-strikeforce/20374-wallid-buddy-what-happened-edson-carvalho.html

Edited by CKeppelrun

Read somewhere that Krazy Horse knocked down/out Wanderlei Silva via sucker punch and ran after he got choked out.

Yeah I guess the only people who really know are those in the room; the footage shows him and Marcello fighting one on one but the camera cuts out for a bit and they seem to have moved when Marcello is slapping on the triangle.