2012 MMA Predictions

MMATycoon

OK so I thought it would be fun to have a little contest.

Make an MMA prediction for 2012 and at the end of the year, whoever makes the most unlikely prediction that came true, wins 3 months VIP.

Edit - ONE prediction per person, or if you make more than one, they all have to come true :)

• Upvote 1

Make an MMA prediction for 2012 and at the end of the year, whoever makes the most unlikely prediction that came true, wins 3 months VIP.

Jon Jones loses.

Fedor fights at least 1 fight in the UFC.

George St Pierre fights.

Nate Diaz wins the 155 title.

I will make my predictions in the style of the Conan O'Brien segment "In the Year 2000".

In the year 2000........and 12.

GSP will lose his title this year and over his next 5 fights stretching into 2013 he will lose at least twice. Retiring at the beginning of 2014.

In the year 2000.......and 12.

Santos will lose to Overeem and will get a quick rematch and lose again. He will then be in a Rick Franklin esqe dead end where he cant get another shot at the title and is just knocking off contenders.

In the year 2000........and 12.

Gina Carano will take on Arianny Celeste in a Panties and Bra match in the Main event of a UFC PPV.

-gsp will suffer a career-ending injury in training (before his next fight), and never fight again. (ok i guess that's a bit redundant :P)

-dana white will grow out his hair.

-anderson silva will fight bones for the 205lb title, and it will be the final fight of his (silva's) career. it will happen on the last card of 2012.

-ufc will hold an event in san fransisco, and will use "octagon boys" instead of the normal octagon girls.

-brian ebersole will shave his chest hair in the shape of brock's sword tattoo for his next fight.

-someone will win a fight with a flying gogoplata.

***edited*** ok, if i have to choose only one, then i'll go with my silva vs jones prediction.

• Upvote 2

Posted in another thread but here it is again, I left some intact even though say Brock has already lost and obviously will not fight JDS now. But I'm willing to eat my words unlike some people.

-Rory MacDonald vs. GSP

-Lesnar vs. JDS(fail)

-Henderson vs. Bones/Machida(Bones won, Hendo will fight Bones this year at some point)

-The return of BJ Penn to 155

-Silva vs. Sonnen II

-Mayhem's redemption

-Griffin vs. Ortiz III

-Edgar defeating someone not named Gray Maynard(yet he will continue to be underrated)

-The rise of Paulo Thiago

-By the end of 2012, of the two longest reigning champions in the UFC, one will not have their belt by the end of next year.

I wanted to add this bold prediction. Dont know if/when it will happen but here goes.

GSP is important to the UFC and makes them a lot of moeny so not sure we will see the fights. But head to head i think Johnny Hendricks KO's GSP if they fight ever happens. I also think Ellenburger also beats GSP. But the UFC could give them bad style fights to keep them from ever getting a shot at him. You heard it here first Hendricks without a doubt beats GSP Via KO!!!

I wanted to add this bold prediction. Dont know if/when it will happen but here goes.

GSP is important to the UFC and makes them a lot of moeny so not sure we will see the fights. But head to head i think Johnny Hendricks KO's GSP if they fight ever happens. I also think Ellenburger also beats GSP. But the UFC could give them bad style fights to keep them from ever getting a shot at him. You heard it here first Hendricks without a doubt beats GSP Via KO!!!

Eh, I really like Johnny, but I don't think he'll catch GSP like he did Fitch, it's always a possibility that he comes out the gate again and BOOM, but other than that, I dunno.

Ellenberger however, I really like his chances against a GSP.

Very excited about the Welterweight division, which is more than I could say a year ago. I'd love to see GSP clean out the division again, but this new crop of guys is scary, we may be looking at the 205 pound division circa 2007-2010 where the title switched hands every fight just about.

I predicted he would KO Fitch and i think he will do the same to GSP. Of course not in 12 seconds. But in the first two rounds. Here is why i think he will KO GSP and many of the reasons are why Fitch was in trouble. Hendricks is a undersized WW. He is very quick and has very heavy hands. Like i told my friend when he didnt believe Hendricks would KO him because Alves and Penn couldnt. Hendricks is aggressive and quicker to land accurate, more often and be able to put more into his punches. What GSP will see if he fights Hendricks is a much better version of Matt Serra on the feet. Swarming faster power strikes. I also believe he will move to well for GSP to roll over him with a double leg like he does the bigger slower flat footed guys like Koscheck, Fitch, Alves, etc. So he will have to get his takedowns in the clinch where he can use his size and power advantage. Much like Vlady vs Gustaffson at the last PPV. He wasnt quick enough to land a double so he was forced to try and get inside the punches for a clinch and got KO. GSP will not be able to let his hands go and match Hendricks in a shoot out. He also isnt know for being able to take a great shot or take a beating. He will have to get inside the strikes and get it to the ground and keep it there and not get caught. It wont be easy to cut off the ring and close the distance on a faster guy throwing bombs. I dont see him surviving.

Dave Batista will make his mma dabut this year.

http://youtu.be/u3ODn6ZykFM

bobby lashley will become an mma champion. just checked on bobby lashleys stats he is already a shark fights mma champion lol so sack this pradition.

brock lesner will fight again in a mma org 2012. (Maybe strikeforce)

Edit - ONE prediction per person, or if you make more than one, they all have to come true :)

This is what I get for not reading the OP sometimes. I'm gonna go ahead and remove myself from contention, I just like prediction threads.

why has everyone mentioned something about GSP. Stop hating he will not lose his belt no Ellenberger wont KO him and Rory wont beat him either.

I Predict that Anderson Silva will lose his belt and get finished. Someone had to say it

You can predict something without being a "hater", chum. GSP is gonna come off a long time of recovery, and probably suffer from severe ring rust in his next fight. His style is based on reflexes and exploding, and the knee injury\time off might hurt that.

Here goes. Something different

-Dan Hardy returns and wins a fight using superior wrestling.

-Paul Daley fights again in the UFC

-Jose Aldo becomes 155 champ

-Kenny Florian drops to Bantamweight, challenges for the title and loses

-Randy Couture makes a comeback

-Shinya Aoki fights in UFC

-Zuffa buys Bellator

-Kenny Florian drops to Bantamweight, challenges for the title and loses

LuLz :lol2: :rolling:

I dont have any hate for the guy , loved him on TUF and watch all his fights , exciting well rounded guy but how can he get pushed about at 4 different weight classes? that's just owned :owned: