Hate It Or Love It

Scooby

I felt like I had to write here as a Newby who turned down the help of SP. I joined the SP alliance before I had half a clue of what I wanted in the game and decided I wanted to create a fighting organisation shortly after. I had a few chats with SP and he seems like a nice guy to me.

When I told him I didn't want material help or to change my name he didn't have a problem with it all. I myself didn't feel comfortable in the SP conglomerate and when I heard some of the nasty rumours about SP I confronted him. SP told me his view of the story and said he understood if I wanted to leave the alliance.

When I decided to leave shortly after there were no hurt feelings or annoyed reactions by anyone in the alliance and was told that if I'd ever want back in I would be welcome to.

All in all I think SP is a stand up guy now and cannot judge what he's done in the past. Though I'm not enthusiastic about conglomerates in any game and would never want to become a franchise myself all people who have used it, have gotten a very good deal I reckon.

If I look at SP giving to the game I think it is only giving for a small part like with the haiku contest. For the largest part I think it's branding. The actual giving is done by people who want nothing in return in my opinion and that doesn't happen so often, the best example in this game is the Boom Fund I think.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Since I started this game Steel Penn has added to my enjoyment of it no end - He has funded the start up of my org to the tune of over $1m alone and he is always happy to answer any questions I have regarding the org or the game(and I have had a few). I also heard the rumours and decided to take the guy on face value solely dependent on how he treated and interacted with me(as I do with everyone) and in that respect I think he is a top man. Congratulations Steel Penn and lets see if you can make it more in 2014 lol.

• Upvote 3

Since I started this game Steel Penn has added to my enjoyment of it no end - He has funded the start up of my org to the tune of over $1m alone and he is always happy to answer any questions I have regarding the org or the game(and I have had a few). I also heard the rumours and decided to take the guy on face value solely dependent on how he treated and interacted with me(as I do with everyone) and in that respect I think he is a top man. Congratulations Steel Penn and lets see if you can make it more in 2014 lol.

Same story on the rumors, heard them but hes been nothing but good here, as someone else said it better, he served his time.... But if he plans on giving out more this year i aint calculating it this time lol

• Upvote 2

You mean you never heard the story of old Steel Penn? Well here you go.

In 2009, 1 week after I joined the game I bought a Nutritional company that had a full supply of fake 160 products. After selling them for about 3 weeks someone wrote me saying I was cheating and ripping ppl off with my store and its fake products.

That person came to the forums and started a thread - Steel Penn is cheating and ripping members off with fake nutritional products. At this point in time my alliance was about 2 weeks old and two of my alliance members wrote me telling me to fix it. So I closed the shop and gave every person who responded to the forum thread their money back.

I was labeled as a cheater for two years over this incident.

Then 2012 in December I was found guilty of having 3 accounts come from the same IP address and charged as a multi. Mike deleted 40 million game cash from my account took my org from me and put it up for sale on the open market and made me restart from scratch In January of 2013. I have been told openly that I am under the watchful eyes of a few game monitors making sure old Steel Penn is on the up and up from that point on.

Since then, 12 months ago I have rebuilt all that you see with the help of a lot of great people The Steel Penn brand name to where we are today.. I ask everyone and anyone I deal with to do one thing for me. Judge me by our interaction and nothing more and build your own opinion.

• Upvote 2

You mean you never heard the story of old Steel Penn? Well here you go.

In 2009, 1 week after I joined the game I bought a Nutritional company that had a full supply of fake 160 products. After selling them for about 3 weeks someone wrote me saying I was cheating and ripping ppl off with my store and its fake products.

That person came to the forums and started a thread - Steel Penn is cheating and ripping members off with fake nutritional products. At this point in time my alliance was about 2 weeks old and two of my alliance members wrote me telling me to fix it. So I closed the shop and gave every person who responded to the forum thread their money back.

I was labeled as a cheater for two years over this incident.

Then 2012 in December I was found guilty of having 3 accounts come from the same IP address and charged as a multi. Mike deleted 40 million game cash from my account took my org from me and put it up for sale on the open market and made me restart from scratch In January of 2013. I have been told openly that I am under the watchful eyes of a few game monitors making sure old Steel Penn is on the up and up from that point on.

Since then, 12 months ago I have rebuilt all that you see with the help of a lot of great people The Steel Penn brand name to where we are today.. I ask everyone and anyone I deal with to do one thing for me. Judge me by our interaction and nothing more and build your own opinion about me.

1546114_600431563344233_1177235263_n.jpg

• Upvote 2

Does money given out from lost bets count? I think Cus might have trumped everyone :D

But props to everyone like Chuck and Steel Penn who continue to help others and giving away org's like Empire, Syndicate and Ascension as mentioned by Dinooo is a great point, that's giving away a license to make money and those that have run org's know how much work goes into turning them into a top org.

One other thing to add, as the title says, love him or hate him, but this isn't a new thing for Steel Penn either, I still remember when I first started playing something like 3 and a half years ago he was the one that helped me get my first business off the ground and gave me 50k-100k or something to open a clothing store and never wanted any of it back. It might not seem like much in today's economy but back then that seemed like a pretty big deal and it was certainly a lot harder finding people to part with their cash!

Noobs have it to easy these days ;)

• Upvote 1