[HBGG] GrappleFest (155/185lb 230k+ Tournament)

Krimzn

Next week as planned Scoob.

"WEAPON X" Jason Prolight (229225) is in.

Tournament bracket has already been finished. And he wouldn't have been able to join due to being under 230k. There are going to be future tournaments though!

• 2 weeks later...

A win! rolled a granite chin without choosing chin! im hype, What are tournament points though?

Tournament Points will be used for something I have planned for HBGG. Still working out the details but I'll need it to be a mystery for now. Especially because I've only been able to come up with a basic layout/idea for it. But it's basically gonna be some sort of loyalty system or ranking structure based within HBGG. Won't affect much of the actual game itself but more of an interaction type of ordeal within HBGG. I really need to spend a few days straight to come up with something good for it.

• Upvote 1

Press Conference:

It was an unfortunate start to the Grapplefest Tournament as two fighters have been disqualified due to throwing strikes during their grappling match. Normally, the opposition would move on to the next round but both Stephan Moraes and Sergio Moraes (no relation) were involved in the same match, leaving the quarter-finalist, Erkki Putkilo, without an opponent. Putkilo would go onto the semi-finals but in an odd turn of events, the owner of HBGG has decided to push round 2 of the tournament back a week and will allow these two fighters to face off for a spot back in the tournament. Here's the statement from HBGG owner, Guns McKenzie:

"We have a certain ruleset that we stick by and I know people make mistakes sometimes but in a tournament setting, you can't make these mistakes. It's unfair to all the other fighters who followed the rules to have a couple of guys that decided to throw some strikes. But I know that it happens and that's why this is a warning. This rematch will determine if those guys will actually play by the rules or not and if it happens again, Putkilo will automatically advance to the semi-finals."

The two fighters are set to do battle one week before the second round of the tournament to see which one of them will advance to the next round. I'm "Eye" Ronnie Way for WayFights.com and I'm signing off.

• 3 weeks later...

Well somewhat happy problem, I have two of my fighters in semifinals fighting against each other. Hopefully better man wins.

When the tournament started, I figured that this could happen. That's why I set them up within similar brackets. If it were to happen, it's better that it's in the semi-finals and not the finals. Can't have same manager fights for a finals match to determine the title holder lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...