Cracking on and getting some shiz done!

MMATycoon

Well it certainly isn't the first time Mike was wrong about something. Clearly his comment held merit with you though, and that perception is 100% inaccurate.

and I'm not really trying to discuss having a smaller group or go in circles, so much as point out the hole in that "it will be elitist" philosophy. I'm adamantly pushing a "Let's get the fuck on with it" agenda, even if we're including blatant record padding cheaters like Blake Phoenix on this list. Couldn't care less.

And how is proposing a smaller list when a list has already been submitted, speeding up anything, might i ask?

1-2per alliance should be how it goes not just a hands up tick box exercise for anyone who wants in, right now there's what 6 LOD?

This is fucking embarrassing

Here's the reality. We get the sub-forum, we start getting shit done. If people need to be removed or the body involved needs reduced, we start kickin people out of there. There's already a list (like Marky pointed out in the Best Ideas/Suggestions thread) that contains a bunch of cosmetic shit that should be included. We just have to sort through it and prioritize it to some degree.

• Upvote 2

And how is proposing a smaller list when a list has already been submitted, speeding up anything, might i ask?

I didn't propose a smaller list so much as provide an example of a smaller list that would effectively and efficiently get shit done without bias or elitism playing a role.

Comprende?

Small group wouldn't necessarily be elitist and exclusionary, you just have to find the right people.

Me, PBR, Duphus, GBK, JLP, Mentor, Gus, Marky (Finn), Louie, and Beck or Marky (Corporation)

no offence to anybody I didn't list up there. kept it to minimum of 10 with 1 rep per alliance and chose most experienced people possible who understand mechanics of game from engine and/or business standpoints. everybody I listed has been around at least 5+ years without quitting or disappearing for too long.

could easily handle what Mike is asking without over-complicating it when not necessary and I personally think it'd run much smoother with a panel like that than what we're doing now... but that's not what Mike asked for, so let's just roll with it, and no reason we shouldn't be able to get shit done or at least make progress in right direction.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We should just go with the list of 40 that GBK posted. Get this started before Mike loses interest. Worry about kicking people when/if they act like idiots. If 40 is too many, Mike will tell us that himself. If that's the case we can run a poll to select 25 from the 40.

Otherwise I predict another week of debating "how many" while the list grows to 60.

• Upvote 4

Remember we are talking small cosmetic changes here: NOT any major changes to the engine or how the game works:

"I'm not talking massive game changing things like editing the fight engine (because obviously I'd have to have a hell of a lot of input into that) but cosmetic stuff, new rankings, trophies for stuff, hall of fame stuff, new stats, improvements to buzz, or better buzz integration into the site, changes to quickfights to block certain fighters etc etc... You get the idea. I am totally open to more complicated stuff getting done - you guys are intelligent so I'm confident you can do some equations if you want to, so e.g. if you wanted to tackle the game economy / income from events then cool, go for it. But let's start off small and cosmetic."

This is likely stuff like:

Flights

QFC levels

ETC

• Upvote 1

I think some people commenting here do not understand the point of this comittee. This is not some political group or whatever, this is a group that will be helping the admin improve the game. To me, experience is 100% a valid criteria when deciding who should be in the group because only players who have been around for a few years know the more serious issues in the game, this does not mean newer members do not have imput or that they are inferior in any way, just if you have a choice between 2 willing members, you will consider the one who has been around 5 years and not the one who is around 5 months.

I also do not think there is a problem with the group being bigger than 30 because once we get started, it will be obvious that from the 40 people on that list, a large portion are not active. Others will be poor communicators and some will simply not participate, we will be lucky if 10-15 of those people actually take part in the discussions. I think every 5-6 months we could need to remove certain members and add new ones, to keep ideas fresh and the group active.

• Upvote 6

Good post Mentor.

Ok no more bickering.. we know this is getting done, instead of bickering start discussing what you would like to address first from that suggestions thread where somebody already put a lot of effort into :)

When the time to cut some people comes we can all agree on this order:

- Shave alliances with more than 2 members first (it's not alliance chat. lol 6 members IS embarassing lol)

- Inexperienced managers go next after that

- Inactive members next

• Upvote 1

Good post Mentor.

Ok no more bickering.. we know this is getting done, instead of bickering start discussing what you would like to address first from that suggestions thread where somebody already put a lot of effort into :)

When the time to cut some people comes we can all agree on this order:

- Shave alliances with more than 2 members first (it's not alliance chat. lol 6 members IS embarassing lol)

- Inexperienced managers go next after that

- Inactive members next

Id suggest inactives before inexperience. Inexperienced ideas are a hell of a lot better than no ideas

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Everyone mentioned is active and inexperienced ideas is not better than no ideas. Also you are wrong, the game is not broken, it simply needs improving, so I rather change nothing than add things that could totally ruin the core game. We probably lost more members from adding things to the game than we gained over the past few years, so any such changes are not welcome. New members are unaware of the history of previous changes and what implication they had on the member base.

• Upvote 3

Everyone mentioned is active and inexperienced ideas is not better than no ideas. Also you are wrong, the game is not broken, it simply needs improving, so I rather change nothing than add things that could totally ruin the core game. We probably lost more members from adding things to the game than we gained over the past few years, so any such changes are not welcome. New members are unaware of the history of previous changes and what implication they had on the member base.

Then its a good thing that there is a group of 40 people to shout down bad ideas isnt it? Someone who hasnt played for many years is perfectly capable of coming up with an idea that could benefit the game. I never said it was broken so im not sure who you're referring to there. Newer players have a unique viewpoint. They come in to the game and they are able to put forward ideas that would make them more likely to stay in the game for years. Of course its a good idea to have a wealth of experience in this group, but its also healthy to have diversity.

Hi guys,

This idea is set to be divisive from the moment it was put forward.....Mike knew that this would happen, a lot of disagreement and fighting ,that is why he decided for things to be done this way....so in a couple of days time he can pop in and claim( "ok i had enough of you guys you look like a bunch of kids, i lose my will to leave after reading this etc etc..".) the same old shit until he finds a way out for not doing any improvements whatsoever.....by then he will be able to neglect the improvements on the grounds that people canot work as a team....Bro get a grip...you know i know everyone knows that this lot could never work as a team ....some have been competing against each other ferociously for the past 5 years....so they will never help or give credit to one another.....Team work IS NOT this comunity bread and butter, the nature of the game doesn't really allow it.....

this was a terrible idea and he knew it from the start

hes the boss he knows whos skilled on what.....if he was realy interested in doing this , he will just lay a proper plan down get whoever he needs in a get things rolling....but then again he knows this

its like the democratic system in america ,the most democratic country in the world only has 2 political parties founded$$ by the same people....BUT PEOPLE TRULY BELIVE THEY LIVE IN THE MOST DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY....

basicly you can fool people into thinking they have a say when in rality they dont.....but at least dont put everyone on a pit cockfighting for nothing realy!!!

ps:Down vote as much as you want ,but deep inside, all of you know im right :)

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

Just because the whole group idea has some flaws, that doesn’t mean it can’t work. I for one am honored to be included in the group. To give the group a good starting point and a better chance of making this work, I’ve added as many suggestions I could find with at least 10 upvotes to the popular suggestions listed in The Best Ideas / Suggestions Thread and ranked them purely by popularity (upvotes). We’ll still need to sort it out but the info is gathered in one place and it should at the very least be more up to date than The Best Ideas / Suggestions Thread.

Fighter Callout – 42 upvotes

Fighter Option - Vacate Title Belt – 35 upvotes

Belt cabinet – 32 upvotes

Training suggestion: Having to fight to improve skills – 28 upvotes

Tale of the Tape Additions (Fighter Rank) – 27 upvotes

Optional Primaries – 27 upvotes

Training - Easy rest days – 24 upvotes

Dropping fighters' skill cap – 24 upvotes

Counter offers – 23 upvotes

Knees to the leg in the clinch – 23 upvotes

Tycoon "Local Time" Calendar – 22 upvotes

Remove the middle man ( No more money laundering, instead ability to transfer money from fighter -> manager ) – 22 upvotes

Increased Knockdown % + Chopdown – 20 upvotes

Worldwide QFC & 3rd Level QFC – 20 upvotes

Fighter Trophies for KT – 19 upvotes

Org Fighter List + Improvement: Comments – 19 upvotes

time limit for fight offers – 19 upvotes

Don't see a gym as a company – 18 upvotes

Email to opponent when a fight offer is accepted, declined – 18 upvotes

Incentive for playing the game for a certain amount of years – 18 upvotes

Fighter's Title History – 18 upvotes

Remove coach happiness – 18 upvotes

Allow Orgs to have both Clothing and Nutrition Partners – 17 upvotes

Weight to Height ratio - restricted weight – 16 upvotes

Faster resting – 16 upvotes

Post fight speech depending on the ending (e.g. KO/ Decision/ Submission) – 15 upvotes

Add escapes to post fight metric – 15 upvotes

Rate a mentor – 15 upvotes

Smack talk increasing fighter popularity – 15 upvotes

Option to go for a takedown – 15 upvotes

Manger's personal Hall of Fame fighter names – 15 upvotes

KT Resurrection – 14 upvotes

Fighter Flair – 14 upvotes

Show manager's previous alliances – 14 upvotes

Interim Championship Belt – 14 upvotes

Stomps in clinch – 13 upvotes

Revamp the mailing system – 13 upvotes

More fighter slots – 13 upvotes

Extra company slot for Island? – 13 upvotes

Post event - Show fight rating – 12 upvotes

Option for fighter to fight in multiple weight classes in contracts – 12 upvotes

Round by round stats – 12 upvotes

Max potential & learning speed – 12 upvotes

Fighters with 1 fight left on their contract can be offered contracts by other organisations – 12 upvotes

Remove PA and put all the function to VIP features – 12 upvotes

Primary skills adjusted by Secondaries – 12 upvotes

P4p/weight class ranking in tale of the tape – 12 upvotes

Limit Spin and Win – 12 upvotes

Gym Trophies (like trophies for other company owners such as orgs/ nutrition/ clothing/ etc) – 11 upvotes

Paying off a jet early – 11 upvotes

Clear all button - total skills graph – 11 upvotes

Knees / Elbows in stand up – 11 upvotes

QFC for KT – 11 upvotes

Reduce sacking VIP loss – 11 upvotes

Footwork – 11 upvotes

AI controlled org – 11 upvotes

Fighter Bio - Increase character maximum. – 11 upvotes

clinch attempts percentage on the fighter stats page – 10 upvotes

Gym manager improvements (Merchandise, Amateur tournaments, Gym open to the public option, Higher size = higher cost) – 10 upvotes

Improve Possessions Page – 10 upvotes

Express shipping for clothing / nutrition stores – 10 upvotes

Revamp the MMA Tycoon wiki – 10 upvotes

No lottery win messages unless it's a big win – 10 upvotes

Autoflight - use your own private jets instead of public flights – 10 upvotes

Laundry should be its own product category – 10 upvotes

Balance city arenas – 10 upvotes

Weight divisions - Ultimate solution? – 10 upvotes

Update spin & win prizes – 10 upvotes

Bigger belts – 10 upvotes

One night MMA tournaments – 10 upvotes

PA energy improvement – 10 upvotes

Arenas as company? – 10 upvotes

New coach skill points in gym – 10 upvotes

• Upvote 3

Just because the whole group idea has some flaws, that doesn’t mean it can’t work. I for one am honored to be included in the group. To give the group a good starting point and a better chance of making this work, I’ve added as many suggestions I could find with at least 10 upvotes to the popular suggestions listed in The Best Ideas / Suggestions Thread and ranked them purely by popularity (upvotes). We’ll still need to sort it out but the info is gathered in one place and it should at the very least be more up to date than The Best Ideas / Suggestions Thread.

Fighter Callout – 42 upvotes

Training suggestion: Having to fight to improve skills – 28 upvotes

Optional Primaries – 27 upvotes

Dropping fighters' skill cap – 24 upvotes

Knees to the leg in the clinch – 23 upvotes

Tycoon "Local Time" Calendar – 22 upvotes

Remove the middle man ( No more money laundering, instead ability to transfer money from fighter -> manager ) – 22 upvotes

Increased Knockdown % + Chopdown – 20 upvotes

Worldwide QFC & 3rd Level QFC – 20 upvotes

Org Fighter List + Improvement: Comments – 19 upvotes

time limit for fight offers – 19 upvotes

Don't see a gym as a company – 18 upvotes

Email to opponent when a fight offer is accepted, declined – 18 upvotes

Incentive for playing the game for a certain amount of years – 18 upvotes

Weight to Height ratio - restricted weight – 16 upvotes

Faster resting – 16 upvotes

Post fight speech depending on the ending (e.g. KO/ Decision/ Submission) – 15 upvotes

Add escapes to post fight metric – 15 upvotes

Rate a mentor – 15 upvotes

Smack talk increasing fighter popularity – 15 upvotes

Option to go for a takedown – 15 upvotes

Manger's personal Hall of Fame fighter names – 15 upvotes

Fighter Flair – 14 upvotes

Stomps in clinch – 13 upvotes

Revamp the mailing system – 13 upvotes

More fighter slots – 13 upvotes

Extra company slot for Island? – 13 upvotes

Post event - Show fight rating – 12 upvotes

Option for fighter to fight in multiple weight classes in contracts – 12 upvotes

Round by round stats – 12 upvotes

Max potential & learning speed – 12 upvotes

Fighters with 1 fight left on their contract can be offered contracts by other organisations – 12 upvotes

Remove PA and put all the function to VIP features – 12 upvotes

Primary skills adjusted by Secondaries – 12 upvotes

P4p/weight class ranking in tale of the tape – 12 upvotes

Limit Spin and Win – 12 upvotes

Gym Trophies (like trophies for other company owners such as orgs/ nutrition/ clothing/ etc) – 11 upvotes

Paying off a jet early – 11 upvotes

Clear all button - total skills graph – 11 upvotes

Knees / Elbows in stand up – 11 upvotes

QFC for KT – 11 upvotes

Reduce sacking VIP loss – 11 upvotes

Footwork – 11 upvotes

AI controlled org – 11 upvotes

Fighter Bio - Increase character maximum. – 11 upvotes

clinch attempts percentage on the fighter stats page – 10 upvotes

Gym manager improvements (Merchandise, Amateur tournaments, Gym open to the public option, Higher size = higher cost) – 10 upvotes

Improve Possessions Page – 10 upvotes

Revamp the MMA Tycoon wiki – 10 upvotes

No lottery win messages unless it's a big win – 10 upvotes

Autoflight - use your own private jets instead of public flights – 10 upvotes

Laundry should be its own product category – 10 upvotes

Balance city arenas – 10 upvotes

Weight divisions - Ultimate solution? – 10 upvotes

Update spin & win prizes – 10 upvotes

Bigger belts – 10 upvotes

PA energy improvement – 10 upvotes

Arenas as company? – 10 upvotes

New coach skill points in gym – 10 upvotes

Now weed most of those out and find the cosmetic ones like trophies, interface, etc. and we start there.

• Upvote 2

Autoflight - use your own private jets instead of public flights – 10 upvotes < Although I would prefer scrapping flights altogether

Some of the ideas that I think should come into consideration for the first wave up updates from Alika's list

• Upvote 6

Autoflight - use your own private jets instead of public flights – 10 upvotes < Although I would prefer scrapping flights altogether

Some of the ideas that I think should come into consideration for the first wave up updates from Alika's list

Great work grant, I agree about flights being removed as well.