The Greatest Manager in MMATycoon history.

KingEpicity

According to my search results and subsequent research it was been 2/3 years since this topic was even brought up and I know a lot has changed over the past few years. Who do you think would/should go down as the greatest manager to ever sit down to the game and flick his golden finger across his keyboard made of silk and grace.

Is it Avon Barksdale? The first real best manager of his time?

Or maybe times haven't changed that much at all. Maybe it's Avon's successor... Maybe after all these years it's still the former multiple time No. 1 manager in the game and current #3, Lance Templeton.

It's quiet clear in recent years Dino has taken up the mantle as the top manager in the game but it seems Lance has always been right there, no matter the era.

and ironically enough all three of these guys are from Convicted, you golden bastards. :P

With 2016 approaching and almost 3 years since the last real discussion on this... Who is the greatest of them all?

I also have another question.. for those who have been around since 2009.. How much has the landscape really changed these past few years?

• Upvote 2

Been here since end of 2011 and I've always seen Lance Templeton as the GOAT throughout the years. He has a former fighter of mine in his roster now too so thats pretty cool haha.

• Upvote 4

I haven't been playing the game long enough to know the beast managers from the early days, but Lance and Dinooo are certainly dominating. I would go with Lance as the best one I know, since he is the one who learned Dinooo a lot of tricks, so he sort of is the grand master in my eyes :P

There are a few top managers I know, but not sure how long they have been at the top already, so hard to judge.

• Upvote 2

I will always believe Avon Barksdale was the best all around manager of all time in the game. I may be biased because we still talk and I've always considered him a good friend in this game, and Fidel Puno, Ekaku, Babbage etc are my all time fighters in the game and the most dominant in their time. Not to mention Avon built Syn' up from the beginning and helped tons of people succeed when he left/became inactive being a manager.

Dinooo, Lance Templeton come to mind immediately. Even Chris Karter even comes to mind, his record is 979-375-18 and most KO wins ever.

• Upvote 2

Aww shush, thanks for the nice words.

Convicted houses the GOATs, there is no doubt about that.

I said Lance overtook Avon last year in the terms of GOAT status, Avon hasn't played in years and LT dominated for two years, to put that into prospective, LT dominated for a third of the time this game has been about. There is a difference between being #1 and dominating, there are plenty of managers who have been #1, there are very few who completely dominated an era. Anyway, yeah LT is the GOAT, with Avon in second and Chris Karter in third. Deamus would be 4th and Luke would be 5th in my books at least.

• Upvote 2

The question is - were either of these people picky when selecting fights even if fighters are evenly matched?

I've encountered so many top P4P managers that constantly reject fair fights, despite skills being almost identical.

I was an org owner when all of them still played at the top of the game other than Luke, who left just as I came in. Only time I ever had a declined fight was from Lance Templeton with Creed v DeBralamo, LT was away over Xmas with no internet connection and requested the fight in the first week of the New Year when he came back.

Gingers are excluded, sorry. You can't have a ducking ginner as the GOAT, dear mother of god what is happening to the world?

My answer is based on accomplishments in the game not on pure slider ability....there are a lot of really good managers at sliders like LT and Dinooo and Luke Daigle and Richard Davenport and many many others.

LT is amazing and clearly 1 of the top managers of all-time but most of LT's guys like Creed and Murdock and Wilson didn't really become huge super-stars until about 2012-2013. Nobody has done it at the top for as long as CK has. He's taken like 6 or 7 guys into the top 10 p4p and most are guys like Al Din, Diggs and guys who have fought in EVO & Ascension and Empire. So how you can say he's a ducker just baffles me. I'm not saying CK hasn't had moments where he didn't take fights that left me scratching my head.

But he has far and away the most wins, the most KO's, probably the most top 10 p4p fighters, the first guy to take two fighters to #1 p4p. The first guy to be #1 p4p in KT and MMA. Nobody in this game has done it at the highest level for as long as he has. He leads pretty much all the major statistics in the game.

There are a lot of great slider managers in this game and we can debate all day long who is the best, nobody has accomplished what CK has. Period.

• Upvote 2

If Chris had a fully body wax and wore a wig, maybe just maybe I could entertain your opinion fuse.

Hey whatever floats your boat man. As far as Avon goes I can't really speak to his greatness, by the time I really knew what was going on in the community in late 2010 he was only around for a little bit longer after that and then kinda just came and went or maybe only fought w/ Dante in 2012 and on. So I was too much of a noob when he was great to really appreciate what he was doing and am not going to base my answer on what people have said about his greatness. I know that a ton of managers who started at the beginning will probably say Avon though

My answer is based on accomplishments in the game not on pure slider ability....there are a lot of really good managers at sliders like LT and Dinooo and Luke Daigle and Richard Davenport and many many others.

LT is amazing and clearly 1 of the top managers of all-time but most of LT's guys like Creed and Murdock and Wilson didn't really become huge super-stars until about 2012-2013. Nobody has done it at the top for as long as CK has. He's taken like 6 or 7 guys into the top 10 p4p and most are guys like Al Din, Diggs and guys who have fought in EVO & Ascension and Empire. So how you can say he's a ducker just baffles me. I'm not saying CK hasn't had moments where he didn't take fights that left me scratching my head.

But he has far and away the most wins, the most KO's, probably the most top 10 p4p fighters, the first guy to take two fighters to #1 p4p. The first guy to be #1 p4p in KT and MMA. Nobody in this game has done it at the highest level for as long as he has. He leads pretty much all the major statistics in the game.

There are a lot of great slider managers in this game and we can debate all day long who is the best, nobody has accomplished what CK has. Period.

Wasn't Avon the first to have two fighters #1 P4P, Puno and Nansen both reached it (he also had two guys hit #2 and #3), I don't even think al Din was created then. Deamus had Bokhari and Tonal, Lance had Creed and Creel, then it was Marciano and al Din for Karter, then Bowser with Stormcrow and Rinky and then myself with Ryo and Leo. No one, at least in my memory has had 3 #1 P4P fighters, but everyone I have mentioned has come very close to doing so.

The most KO's comes from taking the most fights of anyone in Tycoon, but % wise LT is ahead of him, and giving the way things are going will overtake him next year with the most KO's despite being 400 odd fights behind CK. The major difference between LT and CK is consistency, If CK ever dominated Tycoon, it was before my time. When I joined it was Deamus who was doing the damage, then LT for two years after that. CK has made it to the #1 manager spot during my time here, but he fell of nearly as quickly as he got there. Lance despite not having his best couple of years has always remained in and about the top 50 and this year has spent about 3 months at the #2 spot while his new roster starts to emerge.

On fighter achievements it isn't even close between LT and CK.

CK - al Din #1 p4p, Marciano #1 p4p, Diggs #2 P4P, Pluto #2 P4P, McWhiskey #5 p4p and Katsaros #9 p4p. 6 top 10 p4p fighters.

LT - Creed #1 p4p, Creel #1 p4p, Williams #2 p4p, Murdock #2 p4p, Grimm #3 p4p, Akihiro #3 p4p, Judd #7 p4p, Wilson #7 p4p, Remy #7p4p, Proudstar #7 p4p. 10 top 10 p4p fighters

(Akihiro wins his next fight LT becomes the first manager to have 3 #1 p4p fighters.)

• Upvote 2

Yeah I went back & looked at top 10 p4p guys & saw LT has twice as many.

LT already has 3 guys #1 p4p too btw with Creel, Proudstar & Creed
Also has 94 title fights in elite orgs (Blitz, Blitz NY/EMP, Asc, EVO/IMMA)
CK has 91 in those same orgs. Starting the game after LT though & having almost 300 more wins is kinda crazy though.
It's definitely between those 2 IMO but ur right it's probably LT tbh. Avon was really before my time so I can't give an opinion on him