Mayweather Vs McGregor

Caleb613

100.gif

when they say "Mayweather will destroy him" thats not the casual fans thats the smart ones!

because only a casual fan would think a mma fighter can step in a boxing ring a beat the best boxer ever who just happens to be 49-0 with 26 ko's

and was a champion for over 18 years and has never even been knock down

only casual fans think Mayweather will lose this fight Real fans know that it wont even be close Mayweather will embarrass Conor

Conor has been embarrassed in is own sport that has never happen to Floyd in boxing

so destroy embarrassed outclass whopping whatever you want to called thats what will happen

Floyd HAS BEEN knocked down.

Floyd lost the first Castillo fight, no question.. and I scored De La Hoya over him when back in the day I was a money maywhether fan.

Greatest defensive boxer ever yes, but not even close to best ever P4P if you've followed the sport longer than 15 years.

And Floyd will beat Conor probably by clean sweep or a late TKO... But get your facts straight brother. Maywhether isn't that special and he knew he needed this fight to stay relevant. Any real boxing fan knows this is a bigger joke then the Fucking Berto fight. This is such a big joke, I love Conor but strip his fucking ass of the belt if he's gonna be a boxer, this shit is rediculous.

Floyd HAS BEEN knocked down.

Floyd lost the first Castillo fight, no question.. and I scored De La Hoya over him when back in the day I was a money maywhether fan.

Greatest defensive boxer ever yes, but not even close to best ever P4P if you've followed the sport longer than 15 years.

And Floyd will beat Conor probably by clean sweep or a late TKO... But get your facts straight brother. Maywhether isn't that special and he knew he needed this fight to stay relevant. Any real boxing fan knows this is a bigger joke then the Fucking Berto fight. This is such a big joke, I love Conor but strip his fucking ass of the belt if he's gonna be a boxer, this shit is rediculous.

lol my facts are straight check the rec books you are going by your opinion

When i say Floyd is the best boxer ever that is my opinion

BUT

I base my opinion on what boxing is

The sport of Boxing is what?

Hitting and not Getting hit

Name me one Boxer who is better at that than Floyd ?

there isn't one

BUT

there isn't one

Flloyd is good at what he does but he's fucking boring and for that reason will never be classed as the all time no 1 p4p in a lot of peoples eyes, it hurts his legacy even more taking this exhibition fight imo. We live in an era where we have people like Tyson and golovkin starching people fight after fight. I'm not a casual fan of boxing or mma I've watched both for roughly 12-15 years. I don't have any of mayweathers fights in my top 5 even top 10 favourite fights ever and that IMO is the issue worth floyd.

Good at what he does but he's a douchebag

• Upvote 1

Flloyd is good at what he does but he's fucking boring and for that reason will never be classed as the all time no 1 p4p in a lot of peoples eyes, it hurts his legacy even more taking this exhibition fight imo. We live in an era where we have people like Tyson and golovkin starching people fight after fight. I'm not a casual fan of boxing or mma I've watched both for roughly 12-15 years. I don't have any of mayweathers fights in my top 5 even top 10 favourite fights ever and that IMO is the issue worth floyd.

Good at what he does but he's a douchebag

he his a douchbag ! lol but he does back up everything he says

did you see this fight?

http://i.imgur.com/tIl0P7v.gif

diego corrales 33–0 27 KOs vs Floyd Mayweather 24-0 18 KOs

both fighters were the same age 23

His only registered knockdown came against Carlos Hernandez in 2001,Floyd landed a punch a broke his hand it hurt so bad he took a knee

no fighter has ever knock floyd down

In his 20-year boxing career, Mayweather hasn't just never been knocked out, never lost, he's never even hit the canvas.

BUT

there isn't one

Saying Floyd hasn't been knocked down, when technically he was Three times, only 1 was ruled a knockdown. Floyd's competition rating isn't like the real greats and unless your a maywhether nutthugger or haven't been following the sport for a long time you know that.. he avoided so many fights throughout his career.. why isn't maywhether ever fighting one of the many lower weight fighters in his weight class in the top 10 P4P. Maywhether would get schooled now by this new class of great boxers and he knows it. Every dog has their day and Floyd knows lesser opponent, Equals less risk of looking like an old man.

Fucking Berto and Conor in the last couple years he has fought .... that's like GSP coming back and fighting 5 round main events against Mike Swick, not finishing him, take 2 more years off and then fight James Toney.

Guess Joe Calzaghe is top 10 P4P because he's undefeated? Lol if Floyd didn't have those gift decisions on his record he wouldn't be undefeated and he'd be irrelevant but this whole Conor thing is to keep people talking. Sideshow or not, Floyd cares about money not his legacy. He lost against Castillo, it wasn't close at all. He was involved in about 7 other close decisions that could have gone either way, and he just happened to have his name and the Ali effect.

And we all know Corrales got hit A LOT in fights AND was a brawler who was wreckless. That fight was 17 years ago.....................that isn't Floyd today. We have no idea what he would look like today against a real top opponent boxer.

"lesser opponents"
Saul Alvarez
Juan Manuel Márquez
Jose Luis Castillo
diego corrales
Miguel Cotto
Oscar De La Hoya
Manny Pacquiao
Shane Mosley
Robert Guerrero
Ricky Hatton
Marcos Maidana
Victor Ortiz
Carlos Manuel Baldomir
Angel Manfredy
Genaro Hernandez
there are a few there including one of the best fighting now Saul Alvarez
Mayweather has fought in 25 world championship bouts, winning them all - 15 by decision, 10 by stoppage.
At the time when Mayweather fought the fighters he has beat they had a combine rec of
1314 wins 199 loses
  • Upvote 1

Doesn't mean shit. 49 fights, 15 names you just said who are somewhat relevant in the day. He hasn't fought the competition consistently the real greats in history have.

Adding Baldomir, manfredy and Hernandez is stretching it... Manfredy lost every major title fight he ever fought in. Hernandez fought only 2 ranked opponents ever in De La Hoya and Floyd And got destroyed in both.

Baldomir was on a good streak but his only top wins were an elder Gatti and Zab Judah. The Clottley win was good but ended in DQ which was a bummer. Baldomir was 36 when he fought maywhether and already had 9 loses on his record at the time.

Alvarez is protected ducking fight picker who's gonna get knocked the fuck out by GGG and get exposed by someone with a chin in their prime. Maywhether already stated he wants no peice of GGG because it's not worth the risk whatsoever.

Doesn't mean shit. 49 fights, 15 names you just said who are somewhat relevant in the day. He hasn't fought the competition consistently the real greats in history have.

Adding Baldomir, manfredy and Hernandez is stretching it... Manfredy lost every major title fight he ever fought in. Hernandez fought only 2 ranked opponents ever in De La Hoya and Floyd And got destroyed in both.

Baldomir was on a good streak but his only top wins were an elder Gatti and Zab Judah. The Clottley win was good but ended in DQ which was a bummer. Baldomir was 36 when he fought maywhether and already had 9 loses on his record at the time.

Alvarez is protected ducking fight picker who's gonna get knocked the fuck out by GGG and get exposed by someone with a chin in their prime. Maywhether already stated he wants no peice of GGG because it's not worth the risk whatsoever.

i think you let your dislike of Mayweather blind you lol

and you watch Alvarez will beat GGG and what you should be asking is why GGG turned down the ward fight lol he wanted no part of it

I think a high-school football team has a better chance of beating a NFL team than Conor has in beating Floyd

but thats me.

I agree Conor has minimal chance of winning but that's going way too far lol.

H.S. football team has zero chance of beating an NFL team or even competing with them. That comparison is like McGregor vs Mike Tyson in his prime.

@ Bradley

first off, I dislike Mayweather, but he's one of the best boxers of all time. That's non-negotiable. If you used the same logic for Fedor that you're using against Mayweather..... where does Fedor rank?

a lot of Mayweather fights vs top guys didn't come together when they should of because he was his own promoter / manager and they couldn't agree on terms. Promoters tried to take advantage and bully into him into shit or demand too much money, etc. He was conflicting with old money, established promotion companies, etc.

I agree Conor has minimal chance of winning but that's going way too far lol.

H.S. football team has zero chance of beating an NFL team or even competing with them. That comparison is like McGregor vs Mike Tyson in his prime.

The Cus D'amato/kevin rooney version of Tyson was unbeatable

thats hard to say really because his competition was REALLY dire

True but mike skill was unbelievable he had power in both hands great head movement and he was lighting fast

my dad calls that tyson the perfect storm both offense and defence at the same time lol

when he left rooney he became flat footed had no head movement and he was heading hunting all the time no more brutal body shots

"lesser opponents"

Saul Alvarez

Juan Manuel Márquez

Jose Luis Castillo

diego corrales

Miguel Cotto

Oscar De La Hoya

Manny Pacquiao

Shane Mosley

Robert Guerrero

Ricky Hatton

Marcos Maidana

Victor Ortiz

Carlos Manuel Baldomir

Angel Manfredy

Genaro Hernandez

there are a few there including one of the best fighting now Saul Alvarez

Mayweather has fought in 25 world championship bouts, winning them all - 15 by decision, 10 by stoppage.

At the time when Mayweather fought the fighters he has beat they had a combine rec of

1314 wins 199 loses

So average record of 26-4? Not great

• Upvote 2

Mayweather is an elite boxer, McGregor an amateur boxer, Journeyman at best if we were to overrate his boxing abilities.

Mayweather's opposition rating has nothing to do with this fight imo as McG is not quite near that level in boxing of any of those opponents really when it comes down to it.

Sure McG has faced some of the best out there in his own sport but again that really doesn't matter when it comes down to this fight because Floyd is another level of boxing.

What it comes down to is who will win, not whether or not they have faced better levels of competition. The answer is most likely Floyd but everyone knows the chance McG stands against an aging great from the sport.

I will be rooting for Conor just like I was rooting for Pacquiao years ago when that fight went down.

• Upvote 2

I cannot see McGregor win this one in a million years. Sure, mere statistical chance tells us, that there HAS to be a possibility. But that is about as likely as the tooth fairy knocking on my door, wanting to blow me.

Just check out the unedited (!) footage of McGregor's sparring with a pro boxer (think it was in preperation for Diaz 2). McGregor just looked glacially slow and utterly dull compared to this guy. The skill discrepancy between the two (him and mayweather) is nothing short of galactic. Also, I feel that many MMA fans really overate the quality of MMA striking. Sure, it is good enough for what it needs to be. And yes, especially offensively it has developed quite a bit in recent years. Even though I think this development is also inflated by the promotors desire to emphasize standing exchanges. That is why McGregor was originally scheduled to fight for the title after beating ....... Dennis Siver. And Demian Maia went through seven or eight guys (many of which being the highest calibers, that the division had to offer) and still had to beg and pray for a title shot. So this "MMA strikers taking over" thing (while not completely without virtue) is very contrived. MMA striking is and always will be (given it's framework) a big notch behind the pure striking sports. Especially boxing.

If McGregor wins this one, I am gonna eat a fricking broom stick.

• Upvote 2