The Island Season 2 - General Discussion

http://mmatycoon.com/images/layout/the_island_circle.gif

Season 2 has started for The Island, as of tomorrow (2nd of January 2014) you should be allocated 1 extra fighter slot specifically for The Island. Season 1 was a great experience for me and I know a lot of other people enjoyed it. My only fighter on The Island was "Lucky" Liam O'Connor (9-4) and I made a thread following the career of him: LINK

No doubt I'll be entering another fighter for this upcoming season but I'm still not sure what division I'll enter him for. The 185lbs division was one of the most popular with quite a few active managers from the forums having fighters in that division. In the end of season tournament, Chris Berzins (13-0) emerged victorious and was crowned Season 1 185lbs Champion on The Island.

In case you missed Mike's message about The Island, I've included it in this opening post:

Happy New Year everyone! Season 2 of The Island is now open for business. For those unfamiliar with The Island, please read the wiki, here. http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=The_Island

Changes for this season:

1. All managers will receive an additional fighter slot that can only be used on The Island. This will be activated tomorrow.

2. We will have faster than normal energy recovery from rest sessions on The Island to enable you to fight / train more and get more done in the 6 month season. This will be activated later in the week.

As with season 1, we will have a tournament at the end of the year for each weight class, as well as trophies etc for the best fighters / managers during the regular season.

Good luck!

I'd encourage everyone to give The Island a go, it's a new experience and could maybe become your most enjoyable experience in MMA Tycoon to date.

• Upvote 1

The wiki doesn't really cover much

I didn't participate in the last season and I don't know anything about this

Does the tournament at the end crown Island champions in each weight class? What are the prizes?

Does everybody train in Cozad? I don't see much incentive in running a gym on the Island

I also guess if you want clothes or supps you have to create a company on the Island and do it yourself

Looks cool though, I guess everybody is making 25 year olds by the looks of things

Did you guys in the island all spend the whole time in cozad? it seems like 25YO is the only option even though i REALLY want to make an 18YO... is it impossible to have a project fighter there?

because of the 6 months it will be running 25yr olds are the logical choice... an 18 yr old in a tournament would be at a disadvantage due to point distribution.

On another subject:

my poor boy is running around eating wild mushrooms and howling like a crazed skand beserker because of it! I need sups to get the yellow off him.. hes under nurished and gone Krazzzy!!! :o

• Upvote 1

Dang, so the fighter we get from the island we most likely will sack after 6mos?

Edit: Really? im trying to find out something here... if a figher leaves the island at 27 years old with 6mos of NON-ELITE training,will he be able to be useful off the island???

I missed season one,while youre neggin me at least leave some advice

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1