Boom Fund for Noob Managers

True that, I agree with everything you said. Just playing devils advocate. I have no ill will towards any generous, old g managers donating or the recipients of the scholarships, who will be valuable members of the community. Im gonna be a vip member for a longwhile regardless and continue to fight the good fight. You guys are the main reason tycoon is still going strong, so much respect. I know im in the vast minority just wanted to be heard :showoff:

First off, as a noob, this is very generous of all you guys. This is obviously an awesome community. However let me present the flipside of why this can be counterproductive for noobs.

I am uber competitive, love MMA, and have always wanted to get into some sort of rpg, but im not down with the wizards, goblins, etc. So this game ws natural fit. My buddy and I got VIP the same day and automatically were in competition with each other. We made 10 fighter, created orgs, without havig a full grasp of what we were doing. I was having problems like joining deadbeat orgs, not hiring the proper trainers for gym, noob stuff. I came to the forum with some questions asking for advice, however, instead of getting advice a very gracious owner sent me 10k without my knowledge. Though this was nice of him, it took a lot of the fun out of it. I ended up giving half to my friend so we were even. The struggle is a huge part of the fun. I enjoy watching my gym and fighters grow from the ground up.

And in addition, I have yet to make a penny from my business, however my prospects were looking good because the leading gym was closing and my gym had grown to be #2. Then naturally, a new biz opens the same day as the other closes, which is supposed to happen. However, the gym owner started his gym with higher rates, and worse coaches, tho he had 2 more. I didnt understand how he could have started that quick and why people were joining a worse gym. Well it makes sense that he is the one that recieved a 50k scholarship, in addition it looks like his gym is being co-run by a big org owner in my city that has a ton of fighters/influence

All Im trying to say is by giving noobs heaps of $, you are hurting noobs that they will most likely squash. Peeps doing it the right way, through the ground up and trial and error. VIP days or being a mentor is far more constructive to everyone imo

This is how i played the game back in 09 when i started, I would ask the guys in chat a few pointers but for the most part i worked the game out for myself and earned everything i ever had myself. I still say to the guys in chat all the time i miss when money meant something and i would want to win fights because i needed the win bonus to keep training my guy and stuff like that. On the other hand though people that want to earn the money themselves don't have to come in here and ask for any either. So all in all i don't think this will affect those types of people at all.
  • Upvote 1

I am very new as well, and thanks much for the funding. I'm going to use it primarily to launch a clothing company when I get a proper VIP. A good little shot into my coffers has taken some of the edge off for me and made things less desperate.

This is a great initiative. By contrast I've been patiently looking for a mentor since day 1 just over a week ago without a single respondent. So even if I asked for and received a boat load of cash, I wouldnt know what to do with it.

I just checked the ingame mentorsection and there are 2 guys waiting to become mentors, so you just have to send a request to the one of them you prefer.

Hi, I am a new manager and am looking for funds. One person gave me 10k and that was very helpful but I can see its gonna go fast if i join a good gym. I tried to pm you but I can find how to pm you so i am posting here. I plan on playing for a while, I just made 4 new fighters so any help would be appreciated. Good Luck fighting!

As a new manager I see how hard it is to achieve greatness in Tycoon. So this fund is perfect to encourage new users. I always could use some more competition. So i'm making a donation to support this cause. What you guys are doing here is a great thing to see looking in towards the top players.

Bravo!

vvvvvvvvv The 100k was his originally his that he donated to me vvvvvvvvvv

Jamie Coton (11105)

and I just added 13k to it, I have faith that you can find a better place for it

Cheers!

Edited by handgrenaide
  • Upvote 1

Happy to announce we have our first vip donator, Dead Disney. He will be donating vip monthly.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9837/ofhu.png

There will be a vip drawing 2mrw. I will still be doing the vip on the 31st I promised to pay out myself for this month. So there will be two drawing this month.

Luan Dovik, owner of Mango.Rio has donated 100k. He is also willing to offers sponsorships to scholarship recipients.

• Upvote 3

Really cool to see such a way of helping new managers. By providing a maximum of 50k, I believe it's a great and fair help for them, but it also keeps them motivated to go after more money to improve their condition in the game. I donated 100k for it and I will give 5k/60 days sponsorships for the best fighter of each manager that gets help from this fund. Keep on rockin'! :)

• Upvote 3