Golden Era of the Org business

Mentor

I have to say, that despite the fact that game has not really been moving forward and the talent pool among fighter managers is nowhere near where it was 5-6 years ago, when it comes down to high level orgs, this is probably the most balanced it has ever been. Besides that, the communication and activity of those org owners is also top notch.

I remember the situation in the not so distant past, even 2-3 years ago, it was terrible. There was some "top orgs" that had owners that barely logged into the game, it took days to even get a reply. Organizing a top level super fight was sometimes a long and tedious task, the situation was really dire.

But even if we go back a few years earlier, lets say during the peak era of the game, orgs were run by little clique's or alliances, that where feeding hype towards their prefered hype farms. There was several vendetta's/feud's among orgs as well, so getting the big fights were even worse than 2-3 years ago.

Do not get me wrong, orgs were in general run way better earlier, there was a lot more hype, articles coming out, often by professional writers. Each org had custom posters being made weekly as well, all of that is in the past now, but if we are comparing a open scene, with relatively open collaboration between orgs, parity, then this is probably the golden era.

Just to make a comparisson (These are the top 10 with top 100 fighters, excluding-ID orgs):

Claymore Elite Combat = 13 top 100

Global Association of MMA™ = 13 top 100

Synchronicity = 15 top 100

Empyrean = 14 top 100

PRIDE = 11 top 100

Pulse Fighting Championship = 17 top 100

Empire FC = 5 top 100

I know for a fact that we have never had 6 orgs with 10+ top 10 fighters in their ranks. In fact, there has been a discussion in the forums about the need of a 3rd 90k arena. In the past, that was NEVER ever debated, in fact, there was some people (i remember Karter was one) who debated that there should be only 1 such arena, to decrease the cash flow.

Anyway, this article is already too long, it is a good time for the org business at the moment.

• Upvote 14

Yea, I've noticed this too, for a little while I was double checking contract offers but I felt a lot better recently after I noticed the diversity of the declines so it's not just me, there's just a ton of choice at the top end right now and guys are going everywhere.

I also just worked out my 3rd writer, this guy seems way more reputable than others so fingers crossed he makes good. :)

totally agree. I've had great experiences with most managers and org owners and really feel like the top end orgs are on solid ground. The state of the game and the length of time required to develop a fighter to compete at this top level are the only real detractors right now.

That Said, Pride has commissioned a poster maker for upcoming events starting in October. Wanted to add a little flair to events of days gone by as you said.

• Upvote 2

Someone let 'the most feared manager in the Tycoon Universe' know. He might actually come and fight in one of them.

In about 30 minutes Chucky is gonna hit send , his personal account is gonna go to about $39 and mine to a lot more.

And then "The Revenant" will come for that Greek Boi Toy he broke twice already....

Let`s see if you have no fear :)

maxresdefault.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have to say, that despite the fact that game has not really been moving forward and the talent pool among fighter managers is nowhere near where it was 5-6 years ago, when it comes down to high level orgs, this is probably the most balanced it has ever been. Besides that, the communication and activity of those org owners is also top notch.
I remember the situation in the not so distant past, even 2-3 years ago, it was terrible. There was some "top orgs" that had owners that barely logged into the game, it took days to even get a reply. Organizing a top level super fight was sometimes a long and tedious task, the situation was really dire.
But even if we go back a few years earlier, lets say during the peak era of the game, orgs were run by little clique's or alliances, that where feeding hype towards their prefered hype farms. There was several vendetta's/feud's among orgs as well, so getting the big fights were even worse than 2-3 years ago.
Do not get me wrong, orgs were in general run way better earlier, there was a lot more hype, articles coming out, often by professional writers. Each org had custom posters being made weekly as well, all of that is in the past now, but if we are comparing a open scene, with relatively open collaboration between orgs, parity, then this is probably the golden era.

Good thread and post but you gotta give some credit to the "Loan Fighter to" option for this. Gotta admit, Mike did well on that button.

On the topic of mid tier orgs I`ve had good and bad experiences. A few examples:

a) Was happy to help NSC grow with some aging fighters in my roster.

B) Happy to sign Ibrahim to Empire FC

c) Was not too happy when Empire (310k) Scott Park offered me a contract just to keep Chris Steve on ice until March 2020 and away from their champ (conveniently managed by their CEO) who I had dominated already 50-45. LOL @ 2-3 years ago, try 2-3 months ago :P Shadiness is still everywhere, just gotta look a bit harder these days that`s all :)

So yeah bref: Loan button is working wonders :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The fighter pool is substantially smaller. Like, 5k-10k active fighters smaller depending on how far you go back. Easy to look at high Street and realize there is a lot less active orgs too.

Easier for non ID orgs to have "top fighters" when there ain't really a lot of places to go. But org owners still around, keep it up.

c) Was not too happy when Empire (310k) Scott Park offered me a contract just to keep Chris Steve on ice until March 2020 and away from their champ (conveniently managed by their CEO) who I had dominated already 50-45. LOL @ 2-3 years ago, try 2-3 months ago :P Shadiness is still everywhere, just gotta look a bit harder these days that`s all :)

Sup? https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/555591928255873034/599043857686069258/stuff.png

I'm on my phone so fingers crossed the image comes out right, it's something old I saved.

I also have the messages(and receipt) where I bought the VIP so you would book my alliance mates fighter and released your guy saved but that is still sitting on my desktop if you also want me to post that when I'm home Sunday.

Tldr, shit was pulled everywhere and I think I did my best to meditate it.

I make my own choices but if you're swinging against my alliance you can expect to know where I'll stand.

• Upvote 3