NFL 2019

JLP

I haven't looked to in depth around the league due to being incredibly busy, but I think the Colts and Browns really killed it early in the off-season.

Giants and Steelers got much worse. I think the Packers made some questionable signings.

My bears filled some holes with mid level FAs. I love the cordarelle Patterson signing. KR was awful last year and I think he can contribute as a 4th WR. I like getting Clinton-Dix on the cheap. Bears definitely downgraded at slot CB. Still need to get a kicker. I think they'll bring in a bunch of fringe guys and hope they get lucky, I'm not very confident in that plan.

I was really hoping my cardinals would make a move for AB or preferably OBJ but they just sat around and did nothing. I just wish they would have moved Rosen and another piece for one of them. I really dont know what they plan to do with the pick but offense is in shambles so we need to do something.

Raiders might low key have a bounce back year if they draft the right guys. Although getting the 24th pick for Mack wasnt very much for such a beast but if they get some good guys maybe it wont be such a steal for the bears.

Well Steelers should just not show up to the games and get #1 pick next year -- lol ------ don't think we will even make the playoffs this year but will wait and see

I'd be on board with this! :thumbup: (Ravens fan here)

Ravens have been one of the hardest hit in terms of FA departures in the league and it's all from their #1 Defense. 8-8 will be a successful 2019.

As much as it pains me to say it, nobody in the league has had a better off-season than the Browns; even before the Odell trade... if they make the playoffs, as expected, they should throw Sashi Brown and John Dorsey a parade.

I haven't looked to in depth around the league due to being incredibly busy, but I think the Colts and Browns really killed it early in the off-season.

Yeah Ballard is a wise one. Doesn't dish out the huge bucks and builds his own team for the most part. Very excited to see what the Colts can do next season - I'm not gonna be too optimistic though cos it's no secret we had a fairly easy schedule compared to next season... And my god we struggled early on. I'd like to see us get one or two reasonable signings in positions we need to make the draft picks more straight forward.

As for the Browns, I may consider making Mayfield my fantasy team QB this year - I'm thinking he will give it hell this season.

Texans filling holes with mediocre talent while keeping terrible higher-ups running the team into the ground. I expect another disappointing entry and quick exit in and out of the playoffs. :weeping:

Sorry pal Colts are gonna knock you boys out of the playoffs again ;)

• Upvote 1

Steelers should be on the rise after cutting ties with Brown and Bell. Raiders and Browns both miss the playoffs, guessing AB finishes with around 900 something yards with Oakland. OBJ will do better in Cleveland if he stays healthy. Raiders will be trash, Browns might be competitive.

Patriots might repeat with Brady at the helm. Brady doesn't retire at the end of the year unless he gets hurt during the season or they win a superbowl. Still think he'll come back to try to make it a three-peat if that happens.

Bucs will be about the same, mid-tier at best. Unless paying Smith all that money at LT means he's going to juice to the gills and become a super-human version of himself I wouldn't be overly optimistic about how the season will pan out. If Devin White is the next Ray Lewis, which is highly unlikely, than we might be alright. Defense wins championships... we need one.

I don't really follow any of it but was Howard not doing enough in Chicago to get traded to the Eagles?

I don't really follow any of it but was Howard not doing enough in Chicago to get traded to the Eagles?

Correct. This past season he was basically in a 50/50 snaps split with Tarik Cohen that shifted in favor of Cohen as the year went on. Cohen was a much better fit for the new offense. Then when Chi signed Mike Davis (former seattle RB) in FA it was a certainty that they wanted to move Howard.

While I initially thought this was a steal for the Eagles, I now think a 6th rd pick is close to even value for him. Especially when you consider that he's on the last year of his rookie deal so this is essentially a 6rd pick for a 1 yr rental.

If u kno the eagles we dnt need 1 main back we need pieces we have running back by committee and he fits perfect as our 1st amd 2nd dwn back plua the guys had 1000+ yrds each of his nfl seasons

So a backup running back (who had one good year) is going to make you a super bowl team? That sounds like dopey homerism.

Dude has been in the league for 3 seasons and each season 1000 plus yrds rushin thats one hell of a backup plus we got ajayai for a 5th and won a ship with a backup and yes of course the team has changed a lot but is also the same in key ways the yr we won and all im saying is come playoffs u dnt wanna play the eagles idc who you are

5.2, 4.1, 3.7. That's howards ypc. The only acceptable number was the first year where John Fox ran him into the ground. 1000 yard years in 2 of 3 seasons are just counting stats, the bears fed him so much that he got there despite being a mediocre starting RB. He was great in his first year, but he's visibly gotten slower and a little more contact shy since then. He's a decent short yardage back. The only aspect of his game that is elite is pass blocking.

I hope he has a good season so the pick becomes a fifth. If he has a good season it's likely a bad thing for the eagles because they needed to rely on a very inefficient offensive player

Eagles 10-6 and will make alotta noise in playoffs my prediction for this year watch and learn

a lot of noise as they get bounced in the Wildcard game by The Bucs, watch and learn.

• 2 weeks later...

I've lightened up on my "Tampa must draft Devin White" stance. I think trading down for extra picks would be the best case scenario. I'd be okay with Devin White or Jonah Williams in the first, or trading down and possibly settling on Devin Bush if it's mid-late 1st round pick and not a top 15.

add a combination of the following CB/OL in the 2nd and 3rd:

Rock Ya-Sin / Treyvon Mullen + Chris Lindstrom / Max Scharping... if we trade down we should have another 2nd and/or 3rd round pick. Possible to add two of these guys and grab one of the DL that fall like Ferrell / Simmons / Lawrence / Wilkins...

WR N'Keal Harry in the 2nd round would be a huge steal imo, and we should snag him if he's still available. We could pick up 1 of the remaining players from above in the early 3rd. Feel like Rock Ya-Sin might not make it past 1 round New England at 32. Type of player BB loves.

tbh I think we could wait to add a DL on 3rd day and add the likes of Joe Jackson, LJ Collier, or Austin Bryant... maybe an interior / 3-tech type in Dre'Mont Jones if we shop or cut McCoy... or if still available round 6 or 7 add a local UCF guy in Trystan Hill if we haven't picked up any interior DL by then.

if we're going to target a RB... like to see us sit and grab somebody later in the draft, like Mike Weber or Justice Hill. I would be tempted to pick up Weber in the 3rd round depending on what we draft in the first two. If we want to snag a KR in the 7th round I'd aim for Kerrith Whyte.

So my 7 round non-trade mock draft without taking into consideration actual draft picks per round:

1: LB Devin White

2: WR N'Keal Harry (best player available. him or Rock Ya-Sin)

3: OL Lindstrom / Scharping (or Treyvon Mullen if available and Rock Ya-Sin off board)

4: HB Mike Weber

5: OL Shaq Calhoun

6: LB / Edge Porter Guston or Maxx Crosby

7: Kerrith Whyte (kick returner)

I would be looking to add a developmental / productive outside LB with size... Crosby and Guston fit the mold. Would consider selecting them as soon as 5th round. We have guys like Shaquill Barrett on a 1 yr deal... he'll prolly ball out enough to at least demand a hefty salary, at least 8-9 mil a year. late 5th or 6th could be a good spot to find a 3-4 outside edge rusher. If we neglect improving OT situation this year and focus on RG, we can snag a LT and/or RT in next years draft with our 1st round pick after we franchise tag Jameis Winston...

...then replace Jameis with Trevor Lawrence in the 2021 NFL draft after another 20+ turnover season. Would require some serious tanking, but by then BA will prolly be ready for his 2nd retirement party.

1st ROUND

Devin White | Jonah Williams | Ed Oliver | Devin Bush | Jawuan Taylor

2nd ROUND

N'Keal Harry | Rock Ya-Sin | Chris Lindstrom | Dexter Lawrence | Treyvon Mullen

3rd ROUND

Treyvon Mullen | Chris Lindstrom | Mike Weber

4th ROUND

Mike Weber | Porter Gustin

5th ROUND

Porter Gustin | Shaq Calhoun | Justice Hill | Max Scharping

6th ROUND

Porter Gustin | Shaq Calhoun | Maxx Crosby | Joe Jackson | Max Scharping

7th ROUND

Joe Jackson | Maxx Crosby | Kerrith Whyte

will edit or change near draft day. need to look into more late round OL prospects, maybe WR prospects too. Definitely a few sleepers (Mike Weber, Porter Gustin) that I'm really high on that aren't getting a lot of attention. Really big fan of N'Keal Harry and feel like he's the undisputed best WR in this draft so if he's available in the 2nd round you have to pick him up. Top 15 talent imo. DK Metcalf is getting all the hype because he blew up the combine but he wasn't even the best WR on his team. That combine warrior won't have a better career than the Sun Devil who might end up being a future pro-bowler. Dude's a beast. BB and Brady should jump all over him at 32 if he's still there.

Bucs wont beat eagles for another 10 yrs last win was luck every now and then a bum finds a steak n a trash can

Probably won't have to this year, we won't cross paths ever because Philly sucks but next year were coming there.