• Please log in to reply
668 replies to this topic

#41 MrQuest

MrQuest

White Belt

• Manager
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:05 PM

watcha you all consider good rating? 50? 60? 70?

#42 PSUMike

PSUMike

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (MrQuest @ Sep 21 2009, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
watcha you all consider good rating? 50? 60? 70?

Good question. I'll use a Chuck Liddell as an example as I have 5 of them. When I build a Liddell, I will put ~70 into boxing, ~65 into wrestling, and the rest in BJJ. Don't be afraid to give a fighter 1 point in a stat you aren't going to use, like muay thai. Punches will be around 90 to 100, takedown defense and defensive grappling will be around 80-90. Striking defense will be about 70ish, clinchwork will be in 50s. The rest will be low (1-10). I may put some points into gnp or something if the mood suits me. But like I said, don't be afraid to put like 1 point in something like elbows, kicks, or knees because those points can be better served in other areas you will use.

I would say 60-70 is "good."

DO YOU HAVE THE BALLS?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I am issuing an open challenge to Joel Nicola and Andrei Arlovski. Any time, any weight, any fighter, let's do it. You are frauds.

#43 wonkey

wonkey

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:13 PM

Most of my fighters end up being 'Bispings.' And they seem to do fairly well. It can work.
(Most of my 'Bispings' are skilled in wrestling - highest, and a striking skill and BJJ - although some have all 4 primary skills built up)
But if you are going to go this way, you need good wrestling, with good takedown offence and defence. That way you can exploit your opponents weaknesses (and those created Mike's way always have acute weaknesses in some areas).

In fact, the only fighter I created to be a totally balanced fighter from the begining is getting near to holding a belt in Mike's org wink.gif

Also a note: Mike Tycoon has mentioned that for offence, boxing OR MT is better than a little of both [I would have made my original fighters differently had I known that], but you use the skill you're being attacked with for defence (eg MT vs a kick - along with striking defence, which is universal, of course). So having 1 point in something makes you vulnerable. You might want to start with 1 point, but get up to at least abysmal later, in my opinion.

And I have a slam TKO too smile.gif
http://mmatycoon.com....php?FTID=24845

2 examples of my balanced fighters:
http://mmatycoon.com...er.php?FID=4645
http://mmatycoon.com...er.php?FID=3721

and the more 3-skilled type:
http://mmatycoon.com...er.php?FID=3714
http://mmatycoon.com...er.php?FID=4210

• Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (j666 @ Sep 21 2009, 02:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not really. cardio isn't a learned skill (at least in real life). it's just sumthin u train and it gets better. i think it was tapeleg that said he trained multiple guys in cardio and they always popped at the same time. my guys all pop at the same time but at different levels since i didn't make them all at the same time.
Yeah, that was me, and it's true. Learning speed and popping cardio are independent of each other. I suspect that the same applies to strength and other physical attributes, but haven't had the opportunity to test it.

• Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:48 PM

My first 2 guys are just totally fucked up, I didn't know anything about anything while making them. Still they are 7-1 and 7-2. My most recent guys are remarkable/wonderful at something, usually BJJ / Wrestling and then I just build up another skills, while leaving those secondary skills that I dont want/need to 1.

Example of BJJ guy with good boxing(Well needs some training, but its worth it):

BJJ: 99
Wrestling: 49
Boxing: 1----->60-80(First thing to train)
Muay Thai: 1---->30(Second thing to train)

Punches:99
Kicks:1
Elbows:1
Knees:1
Clinchwork:29
Striking Defense:99
Ground n Pound:1
Takedown Off:39
Takedown Def:1
Submissions:69
Defensive Grap:89

#46 PSUMike

PSUMike

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (HuimaHuima @ Sep 21 2009, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My first 2 guys are just totally fucked up, I didn't know anything about anything while making them. Still they are 7-1 and 7-2. My most recent guys are remarkable/wonderful at something, usually BJJ / Wrestling and then I just build up another skills, while leaving those secondary skills that I dont want/need to 1.

Example of BJJ guy with good boxing(Well needs some training, but its worth it):

BJJ: 99
Wrestling: 49
Boxing: 1----->60-80(First thing to train)
Muay Thai: 1---->30(Second thing to train)

Punches:99
Kicks:1
Clinchwork:29
Striking Defense:99
Takedown Off:39
Takedown Def:1
Submissions:69
Defensive Grap:89

This guy has serious potential but he needs a lot of work. If he were my fighter, I would do a lot of boxing and wrestling sparring as well as takedowns. I would avoid having him fight for at least a month and a half. I don't think he has the wrestling to take down a good fighter. If you could get his boxing to the respectable/proficient range, he would be a good BJ Penn. But I would turn him into a Maia then work his boxing.

DO YOU HAVE THE BALLS?

I am issuing an open challenge to Joel Nicola and Andrei Arlovski. Any time, any weight, any fighter, let's do it. You are frauds.

• Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:43 PM

This is all pretty interesting and a nice post. Pretty sure the first few guys I put together were all to spread out and not specialized. Now that I know how things work and what to do, this will help.

• Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:57 PM

Bitter Betty speaking "why give the noobs, the keys to success? Shouldn't they have to learn by trial and error like the rest of us have?"

No disrespect- I'm just saying.

• Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:22 PM

I am slowly starting my new crop of guys after my first batch are all in the bisping range for the most part. Currently my builds are something like this:

BJJ: 40
Wrestling: 30
Boxing/Muay Thai: 80

Punches/Kicks: 80
Clinchwork:20
Striking Defense:80
Takedown Off:10
Takedown Def:80
Submissions:30
Defensive Grap:80

Somewhere along those lines

#50 PSUMike

PSUMike

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:01 PM

ViolentAmbitions - I guess its just because I am a nice guy. You are still on my shit list btw wink.gif

MMAStation - 30 points in wrestling isn't enough to stop the TDs even with 80 in TDD. Trust me on that one. You need to get in the 60 range before your guy will consistenly be able to stuff them over and over against decent wrestlers. I had a respectable wrestler with strong takedown defense get taken down by a feeble wrestler not too long ago. He got back up and beat the holy hell out of the guy shortly there after, but if the guy was decent on the ground, it would have been game over.

DO YOU HAVE THE BALLS?

• Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

James "The take down stuffer " Byant
http://www.mmatycoon...r.php?FID=19337

• Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (Gravityyyy @ Sep 21 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
James "The take down stuffer " Byant
http://www.mmatycoon...r.php?FID=19337

His opponent had abysmal wrestling, so it isn't so great.. (His opponent had 22 failed take down attempts).

• Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:07 PM

Great reading for sure, thanks Mike for the work, though one question boggles my mind - why there's no template for Fedor? Would be awesome to recreate him. happy.gif

#54 Cagekicker

Cagekicker

White Belt

• Manager
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (j666 @ Sep 21 2009, 04:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so there ARE slams on this game? just curious cuz i've never seen one

Yup.

#55 j666

j666

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (tapeleg @ Sep 21 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, that was me, and it's true. Learning speed and popping cardio are independent of each other. I suspect that the same applies to strength and other physical attributes, but haven't had the opportunity to test it.

well, in "real life"...a complete and total dumbass, if training at all, can get more flexible, agile, strong, etc...they aren't "learned", they're "trained"...how to put someone in a kimura or how to head kick properly is "learned" skills...which is why i agree with u on the cardio/strength thing and imagine it would be the same with the others.

that and all my guys that are currently cardio-ing are all popping once daily (2 sessions) and there's no way they're all of the same intelligence/learning speed.

#56 j666

j666

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (Cagekicker @ Sep 22 2009, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i fukn LOVE slams...especially the KO variety. too bad i have no guys that could do that shit. maybe i'll get one sometime soon.

#57 PSUMike

PSUMike

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (Diaz @ Sep 21 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great reading for sure, thanks Mike for the work, though one question boggles my mind - why there's no template for Fedor? Would be awesome to recreate him. happy.gif

Well since you can't build a fighter with Elite Boxing, Elite Wrestling, Elite BJJ, Elite Punches, Elite ground and pound, Elite submissions, and Elite defensive grappling from the start, I decided to omit him wink.gif

DO YOU HAVE THE BALLS?

• Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (PSUMike @ Sep 21 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ViolentAmbitions - I guess its just because I am a nice guy. You are still on my shit list btw wink.gif

I'm not surprised- Craig is a top ten HW after all. wink.gif

#59 PSUMike

PSUMike

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (ViolentAmbitions @ Sep 21 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not surprised- Craig is a top ten HW after all. wink.gif

I know...don't remind me. I have been following his progress in EUFC.

nerdrage.gif

DO YOU HAVE THE BALLS?

#60 skintchicken

skintchicken

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 870 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:39 AM

i just figured it out. the key to effective fighter building is cheating!

A product of the demented imagination of a lazy drunken hillbilly with a heart full of hate who has found a way to live out where the real winds blow-to sleep late, have fun, get wild, drink whisky, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love and not getting arrested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users