TUF 12 - GSP vs Koscheck

Face Kicker

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce leroy... i might eat these words but my initial impression of this guy was that he wasnt anywere near the top of the class inititaly ... can see UFC trying to focus the show on a guy like that but he just didnt do it for me. Earn the right to talk smack ... thats how i feel. The winner of the first fight had solid hands, Johnson looked good,

Bruce leroy... i might eat these words but my initial impression of this guy was that he wasnt anywere near the top of the class inititaly ... can see UFC trying to focus the show on a guy like that but he just didnt do it for me. Earn the right to talk smack ... thats how i feel. The winner of the first fight had solid hands, Johnson looked good,

Def. Johnson worked Garza who was 7-0 and looked solid but other than that i didn't see someone that made me say "WOW"......but on the preview for the season did you guys see the one kid get punched square in his face outside at the house? That guy is DEF. goin home!

Cody McKenzie is the one I'm watching (as are a lot of other people).

Obviously it's hard to tell off one fight and highlights of others and I'm not familiar with his style and work outside of fightfinder and the fight we just saw. That said he's 11-0, all finishes, only his debut going past the first round, 10 submissions including 9 guillotines.

His level of competition has been pretty low (well, dreadful actually) but he's been doing what a prospect is meant to do. How he'll react against better fighters will be telling.

Nam Phan is my acid test for the season. He's an undersized 155lbs who got found out once he stepped up his competition (the same as his run as 145lbs) but he has that experience of fighting the best, is well rounded and isn't going to be scared by the idea of being on TV. If he does well in the series then the standard isn't that high... if he gets crushed then it's pretty impressive.

I'll of course be rooting for the British guy... but I expect him to get taken down and grounded out in pretty short order.

I think Cody gets KO'd against a good standup fighter.....his opponent wasn't much besides refusing to tap, which Mazz. just let him choke out until Cody said he was out and spittin up blood for christ sake, was he waitin til the guy died or what???

I think Cody gets KO'd against a good standup fighter.....his opponent wasn't much besides refusing to tap, which Mazz. just let him choke out until Cody said he was out and spittin up blood for christ sake, was he waitin til the guy died or what???

I dont know about fisherman are usually tough as nails and he modified a submission to make it his own so he's pretty smart. I think he will do good in the competition.

I will also predict that the red haired mohawk dude who came out with the "flying jackass" at the beginning of his fight is gonna be the shit starter of the season.

no, they don't fight to-the-death until the finale ;)

and yeah, it looked like cody had crap for standup, so it'll be interesting to see how far his chin/heart/cardio takes him. i would assume he's got great heart/cardio if he's an alaskan fisherman, but who knows about his chin.

I dont know about fisherman are usually tough as nails and he modified a submission to make it his own so he's pretty smart. I think he will do good in the competition.

I will also predict that the red haired mohawk dude who came out with the "flying jackass" at the beginning of his fight is gonna be the shit starter of the season.

yeah i laughed when he was asking herb "do i have to tell him that i don't want to shake hands?", and i could easily see him turning into a junie browning of this season. hard to tell though, since we haven't seen any of em get drunk yet.

aren't american indians normally quiet?? lol they crazy but they don't normally go lookin for trouble especially since he said he wanted to represent and won't do that by makin an ass of himself....i think Michael Johnson will start trouble since he said some people won't be able to deal with him.

Their's no favorite to win this season,that's why it should be very interesting.I like Bruce Leeroy though,and Nam Phan.

call me crazy but i didn't think Phan looked all that impressive at all.....

I could be wrong... but did anyone else notice everyone who wore the Tapout USATrunks got handled?

It was like they said "ok, guys we want in the house stand over here and wear wut you want. Hey You Jobbers, put these Tapout USA trunks on. We're not gonna remember who the fukk you are and we need someway to differentiate you from the talent."

lol.. yeah i wouldnt at all be shocked if they have a pretty solid idea of who the job guys are before the fights, of course they do realy... theres a reason most of them guys will be matched up against each other.

yeah i laughed when he was asking herb "do i have to tell him that i don't want to shake hands?", and i could easily see him turning into a junie browning of this season. hard to tell though, since we haven't seen any of em get drunk yet.

Honestly, I don't think he will start trouble. He asked if he could tell him.... he wanted to run straight out but didn't want it to be unfair. He could have just ran out. Also, I think he just has a lot of heart. I mean he was gassed and still came back and won

But, at the same time he was also told not to hold onto the fence, looked directly at the ref while continuing to hold onto the fence, and then finally let go when he was warned again.

I was definately amazed by Cody and his modified guilitine, but I also have to root for my boy Kyle Watson since I've met him multiple times and he lives in my area. So those are my two picks for the season.

But, at the same time he was also told not to hold onto the fence, looked directly at the ref while continuing to hold onto the fence, and then finally let go when he was warned again.

Everyone does this though... at least he had the decency to eventually let go. The only time I can really remember someone ever having a point taken away for this was Tito against Rashad.