The first Budokai Tournament hasn't even started yet, and we are announcing a new tournament already.
This time, Budokai comes with a concept not seen earlier seen in MMATYCOON, a tag team tournament
- 16 man enter the tournament
- Everyone competes in teams of two, assigned randomly from all participants
- Single elimination rounds
(Each rounds consists of two fights, every team member will fight both the members of the other team.
- Fighters must be created on or after a chosen date, to be announced later (but likely 1 or 2 days after the tournament fills up)
- Testing is allowed, up until the 8th of April, 22:00 GMT
- Fighters must be able to make 205lbs, and can't weigh less than 205lbs
- Fighters must be created at 18 years old.
- Standard Budokai match rules
(2*10 minute rounds, whole fight scoring)
- A finish scores your team 2 points, a decision 1 point, a draw or loss scores no points.
- The team with the most points will continue into the next round
- If teams have the same amount of points, the team that finished their wins the fastest will continue.
- The winning team will split a winning pool of 1 million dollar
(500k donated by Budokai, 500k donated by Tim Qwe)
- The winning team will fight eachother for the first Budokai Light Heavyweight Championship
- The winner of the Budokai Light Heavyweight championship will earn 3 months of VIP.