Option for Takedowns (when to go for them)

madbob

I got thinking it would be great to choose when a fighter is trying to go for a takedown.

So not set the % low for the whole fight to not waste any too much energy on takedown attempts

An option like the stick position.

Being able to set it to allow my Fighter starting to go for the takedown from a certain round

19ff6f7c29958ad97fa3edff8327a74e.png

• Upvote 18

I got thinking it would be great to choose when a fighter is trying to go for a takedown.

So not set the % low for the whole fight to not waste any too much energy on takedown attempts

An option like the stick position.

Being able to set it to allow my Fighter starting to go for the takedown from a certain round

19ff6f7c29958ad97fa3edff8327a74e.png

I like this a lot. I also feel something similar could be done with the damage/accuracy slider as in throw more damage later on or vice versa.

solid +1 though

Both ideas would give much more control and would have a much more diverse fighters and opponents even if you fought the same person back to back. +2, 1 for each of you.

A possible way to do this is to just have a slider system for each round. That may be a bit much on newer folks but you could have an easy setup and an advanced. The easy would just be the same throughout and be the default system the way easy is the default for making your first fighter, for vets this may be new and unknown:) Advanced would let you pick round by round because maybe you want take downs only in the first but not the final round or leg kicks in the first to soften up the other guy along with body shots. Maybe you want to win by decision so you don't do anything offensive in the third(its your fighter, he can do what he wants heh). Endless possibilities.

• Upvote 2

I will be doing a "go early - go late" slider, as mentioned in this thread.

I'd have no problem adding extra stuff like the takedowns idea mentioned here... However, some people aren't keen on adding too much more complexity, so it's something that would need a poll for something this fundamentally different.

• Upvote 3

I'd have no problem adding extra stuff like the takedowns idea mentioned here... However, some people aren't keen on adding too much more complexity, so it's something that would need a poll for something this fundamentally different.

When do you think we should do poll? After the current things you are working on are implemented or would you like to know asap to plan ahead?

I also think as the fight goes on, fighters get sweater and it should be tougher to land a takedown or submission - captions should reflect this

Sweat doesn't affect late td's as much as energy. A gassed fighter can't stay standing if the other guy has decent wrestling and gas left in the tank.

Both sweat and energy have a huge effect on subs though!

How you counter all of this though, i mean with sliders gameplan, if you are going to give these offensive options you should also give appropriate counter sliders.

• Upvote 1

How you counter all of this though, i mean with sliders gameplan, if you are going to give these offensive options you should also give appropriate counter sliders.

You wouldn't be able to. I don't think in real life that's something you can counter. You can't really know how much of a % of effort your opponent is putting in... it's not something you could quantify, like a number of takedown attempts.

Better if they could set it so if you lose the round or a fight then you would try for a takedown. I dont see a reason why would you be trying to shoot a takedown late if you are dominating the fight stand up.

One simple reason would be the opponent has good takedown defense and you have much better ground skills. Even when hurt strikers are very dangerous. A ground fighter who has won the stand up might want to sit them on their ass and mitigate danger when it would have cost them too much energy before.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

You wouldn't be able to. I don't think in real life that's something you can counter. You can't really know how much of a % of effort your opponent is putting in... it's not something you could quantify, like a number of takedown attempts.

...But one could add a prediction slider that might be associated if/when an opponent has "earlier or later on" set right?

• 4 weeks later...

Would be good..