It's over lads, pack yer bags

Rei

He should sell the game to someone who does then, 'cause right now he's letting it die and his income along with it

Genuine question, has anyone actually put in an offer?

Guys like you love the status quo. You get to multi and have a private gym in one account which generates 0 revenue while piling up the fake $ on your other accounts.

Please leave the conversation to the grown ups that follow the rules and actually plan/ work hard for their private gyms.

Noob

I'm sorry, who are you exactly, and what do you know about me that I don't?

He should sell the game to someone who does then, 'cause right now he's letting it die and his income along with it

This so much.

On multiple occasions Mike has posted how much of a challenge he has with his income. Betmma came late into the sports betting game. A niche sport in itself. Even his site stats suck :

Total MMA handicappers: 1012

Profitable MNA handicappers: 434

I mean fuck that. You’d be better off betting on a Pick’em and just paying the vig.

Of course not. People just like to complain about something.

Users are paying for VIP all the time so it would be more trouble for the owner to shut it down than to keep it gong.

Welcome and enjoy. This game is awesome. Get a mentor and ask around if you need anything else.

This game does look pretty awesome. I know text based browser games aren't that popular anymore, but this one caught my interest as soon as I checked it out. Any tips on finding the right mentor though? I've checked the section out, and there are a lot of repeat posts, and not really a good indication on what makes someone a good mentor. I've applied for one already, but this is either his third or fourth day to reply, and I haven't been confirmed, denied or messaged yet, though I made sure to check the last time he was on, and it was the day before I applied.

Yes. I work with public and I know that obligation or not dealing with people whining constantly wears you off big time.

I know the feeling. I work customer service at my job, and I don't know what the bigger headache is, all the whining because they're not prioritized over the thousands of people we service a day, or just looking around and seeing the web of everyone and everything not putting in an honest effort to just do what you're supposed to do. If my company wasn't part of that web, I wonder if they'd finally grow a pair and actually pressure these people to stop doing these major wrongs just for the sake of convenience...

I had to send a few requests before I found my mentor. I think a mentor should be assigned to new players; it makes the game so much easier.

• Upvote 2

As the game is linked with the BetMMA site and likely sharing server + some other resources there might be some technical issues around a sale. Could potentially take some development work just to separate it into a separate thing first. But just guessing here.

This game does look pretty awesome. I know text based browser games aren't that popular anymore, but this one caught my interest as soon as I checked it out. Any tips on finding the right mentor though? I've checked the section out, and there are a lot of repeat posts, and not really a good indication on what makes someone a good mentor. I've applied for one already, but this is either his third or fourth day to reply, and I haven't been confirmed, denied or messaged yet, though I made sure to check the last time he was on, and it was the day before I applied.

I know the feeling. I work customer service at my job, and I don't know what the bigger headache is, all the whining because they're not prioritized over the thousands of people we service a day, or just looking around and seeing the web of everyone and everything not putting in an honest effort to just do what you're supposed to do. If my company wasn't part of that web, I wonder if they'd finally grow a pair and actually pressure these people to stop doing these major wrongs just for the sake of convenience...

Let me know if you still need a mentor :)

Damn, this was a really unfortunate read. Do the other users here really foresee this game ending?? What are your honest opinions??

I think that either Rei is being a bit of an alarmist or he is being facetious. Either way, I don't see the game going away anytime soon. However, I also would not hold my breath for any new updates or improvements.

Thanks for the insight boys. What can we attribute this decline to? A lack of support, and updates? Text based games dying off? It does seem like quite the self sufficient game. I'd love for there to be another golden age, anyone foresee this site getting out of this slump? I wanna get into this game hardcore, it's a bit disheartening to hear this, so I'm a bit apprehensive!!

I've done some browsing by myself, I hadn't really looked at the home page much. The lack of updates are definitely concerning ): I know Mike has always been busy, but dang. Just gonna remain optimistic I suppose, wish I could help, other than financially. I tried to buy VIP, but encountered an error yesterday, still waiting on Mike.

Buzz keeps bugging and the other day the site was down for a while. Mike has definitely thrown in the towel on the game. Too bad because it only has a few things to improve (elbows, knees in the clinch) and maybe change some of the text every now and then to make it interesting and he could grow his player base and his income. He could do this while having a full time job (not that crappy wannabe betting tips site lol) and really profit from it. Or even better: sell it.

• Upvote 2

Buzz keeps bugging and the other day the site was down for a while. Mike has definitely thrown in the towel on the game. Too bad because it only has a few things to improve (elbows, knees in the clinch) and maybe change some of the text every now and then to make it interesting and he could grow his player base and his income. He could do this while having a full time job (not that crappy wannabe betting tips site lol) and really profit from it. Or even better: sell it.

Buzz has sucked since Day one.

• Upvote 2

Will the man himself respond? The game has always had a bit of turmoil with changes and such throughout the years. People coming, people going, people coming back again. No matter what was going on, the BIG Tycoon was there to rationally discuss it and quiet the crowd. That does not seem to be happening lately. Maybe he has found the more lucrative site with less headaches. Hopefully we get something to reboot this thing. The fact that it still has the amount of players it has with how things have been lately shows there is something here. I mean you have some assholes playing this game for nearly 9 years B).

What would a site like this be worth to purchase? The idea and foundation is solid, just needs some TLC and someone paying close attention at the helm.

• Upvote 1