ITFL Season 4 - "Carpe Diem"

GBK16

Great fights. 2 more to go!

If Diego wins his next fight, it'll be a rematch for him in the final. Beaten by both Cross Furia and Perkele earlier in the tournament. I'd love the chance of getting a rematch against either so fingers crossed Diego can win more and get into the final.

Due to an absolute fuck up on my part which I can only apologise for, it will be a 3 week period between the last round and the next round. Sorry for the fighters this effects, and I will make sure it's only 2 weeks before the Finals after the Semi Finals. I am hoping to get a Preview for the Semi Finals done up either today or tomorrow, and I will be doing up a Full Season Review after the finals as well as a Preview for the Finals as well.

• 3 weeks later...

BREAKING FOOTAGE!

Following Diego Bustamante's brutal finish over Joey Kocur, footage has emerge of Mark O'Sullivan immediately post fight.

http://i.imgur.com/OxHhpgE.gif

When asked to comment Mark had this to say

"Of course I'm delighted. I had been saying it a while before I entered ITFL Season 4, that I felt Diego was one of my strongest prospects and at the start of ITFL Season 4 I questioned my decision to throw him into the tournament. Seeing him go 1-3 in his first 4 ITFL fights was hard to take, I basically had given up any hope of him winning the individuals and focused my attention on trying to do as well as possible with my team, The Corporation.

It was amazing seeing the turnaround in his fortunes and I'm very happy with how ITFL Season 4 has went for him. He went from being one of the weakest HW's overall (imo when compared to the other fighters at the start) to being the ITFL Season 4 individual finale finalist.

I've been contacted by numerous parties enquiring about his services post ITFL since the org he was with had been taken over / closed down. Regardless of the result on the 12th, both myself and Diego will be walking away from this ITFL experience with a good couple of money bags if you know what I mean, lets hope he'll also be walking away with the title of being ITFL Season 4 HW winner!"

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well it was fun while it lasted, good fight Marky, sadly it appears Kai's chin has caught up to him much like Dinooo had predicted it would much earlier in the season

It is just the danger of a LHW fighting at HW, even the granite chins can get cracked by the big guys since Mike sorta fixed the body gassing. Your boy ate two big head kicks in the fight, that is difficult for any fighter to get through. I am sure Kai's chin will function well at LHW though and I don't think it is chin degrading as much as it is just fighting a big heavyweight who connected with his big power shots.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Marky and The Antidote. Quite a frustrating end for me.

Holy shit dude, I didn't even realise you had a fighter in both finals. It was a great fight between our fighters, it was amazing for you to get both fighters to the finals and feel sorry for you missing out on winning at least one of them. Honestly though Diego was a goner went he was knocked down and rocked.

Extremely proud to have been this successful in this seasons ITFL. Want to thank GBK for running the tournament, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to Season 5 whenever it starts :)

It was an awesome finals. Pernell Whitaker Jr showed himself to be one of the top fighters with his win in the Welterweight division, especially impressive since this was his Second ITFL showing, while Diego Bustamante delivered a huge comeback KO victory to claim the Heavyweight crown.

I am gonna be doing a "Season Review" write up over the next few days where I will do a recap of the season, with sections for each team involved as well as dedicated sections reviewing the winners of the Individual tournaments as well as those I feel were noteworthy, whether it be for good or bad reasons (Looking at you Bosco Brown).

• Upvote 2