32-Man Double-Elimination Creation Tournament(1 Year VIP 1st place)

weedamins

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1480902979GFC_logo.jpg

presents:

32-Man Double-Elimination Creation Tournament

To celebrate the creation, and first event of our organization, we are proud to announce that we will be holding a Creation Tournament to decide our very first Heavyweight Champion! In addition, if you earn yourself a place in the finals UNDEFEATED, There will be a 25k Bonus! There will also be other ways you can earn bonuses!

Tournament rules:

- Creation Tournament//Creation date: January 8th, 2017
- All Fighters MUST be made 18 years old or younger(if you so chose)!
- All Fighters MUST select 1 of their "Hiddens" as "Is a Popular Fighter" (I will be able to tell the difference, so if your fighter doesn't have this hidden they are automatically disqualified!)
- MMA/CAGE Fights
- All fighters will be offered a contract after they are eliminated, all I ask is a line of communication with myself about the future of the fighter.
- All Fights will take place in Los Angeles
- If for some reason, your fighter doesn't show or doesn't make weight he is eliminated.
- Fighters have ~3 Weeks after creation date to train before their first fight. Feb. 3-4, 2017 Will be the cards.
- ALL Managers are welcome(VIP, and non-VIP)
- One Fighter Per Manager
Fighter rules:

- Must be created on (or after) established creation date
- Fighter must be able to fight at 265lbs
- Fighter must be 18 years old or younger

- All Fighters MUST select 1 of their "Hiddens" as "Is a Popular Fighter"

Prizes:

-1st place = 265 lb Title + $250,000 + 1-Year VIP
-2nd place = $100,000
-3rd place = $ 50,000

*(We've just filled up! But we may make it a 40-man tournament! So please keep signing up/message me with any questions)

Manager- Fighter:

1. "Dirty" Dutch Quinn (115528) - TBD

2. Haliastur Indus (115638) - TBD

3. Mello Jones (10764) - TBD

4. Rocky Marciano (106453) - Franco Columbo (309427)

5. Joe White (108730) - TBD
6. Gab Bloodsport (35736) - TBD
7. Satriyo Wibowo (106569) - TBD

8. Johnny Canuck (59489) - TBD

9. Mr. Manager (100145) - Chad Hendricks (309389)

10. The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase (103447) - TiTi Brind Amour(309370)
11. Jesse Bowes (64895) - TBD

12. David King (105791) - David King Jnr (309341)

13. Seamus Oconnell (19091) - Edmond Honda (309430)
14. Arno van Rensburg (33471) - Quintin Botha (309400)

15. Xing Kong (112453) - Mitchell dowson 309395

16. Mike Melton (56832) - Dominic "South" East (309441)

17. Carlos Castenada (84794) - TBD

18. Ryan Cambridge (107160) - TBD

19. Dean McCarthy (110728) - TBD

20. Rei Rei (105814) - TBD

21. Mister Victorio (98649) - TBD

22. Dylan Peterson (98216) - TBD

23. Jake Bremner (111292) - TBD

24. Jay Van Clief (110598) - TBD

25. James Listerman (89084) - TBD

26. Marshall White (115743) - TBD

27. Rich Money (115486) - TBD

28. Jay Tycoon (101956) - TBD

29. The Clown Prince of Crime (89717) - TBD

30. Liam Davidson (58037) - Lami "Clean Cut" Solo (309431)

31. Joe Kingpin (78849) - Nkosenye Meshindi (309385)

32. Stef Power(114335) - Jackson Martinez (309367)

Replacement Manager- Fighter:

1. Sam Heughan (115751) - Rodney Adams (309382)

2. Jack Frost (81448) - TBD

3. Nicholas Bowers (71813) - The One (309412)

4. Augusto Mendes (110767) -Bendo Hendo (309403)

5. Mark Harrington (48323) - Pavel Yuri (309425)

Post below or PM me in-game M Weedamins (100202) if you wish to join! If you have any questions please PM ME in-game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

No offense man, but I doubt you could tell if someone picked Is A Popular Fighter.

Ticking that box only gives them +30 onto whatever they would have rolled before. So basically, if someone does tick it and still has a low number, they are at risk of being DQ'ed based on your judgement call? Doesnt sound like a good idea to me.

Since its a Heavyweight tournament, you dont need to worry about Popularity anyway since odds are a lot of fights will end by (T)KO which should give decent pop anyway.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

That's a solid way to make people not want to join

If they can't conceptualize why I'm make this a requirement or even ask why, and want to view it as a negative than that's on them.

It's a plus for me the promoter, and for you the managers of the fighter.. We will have one of the youngest top contenders in the 265lb division.

My goal is to have one of them reach the top 20 in the weight class(if they break top 10 I exceeded my goal :D)

If you'd like me to expound upon that, I'd be more than happy to.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

No offense man, but I doubt you could tell if someone picked Is A Popular Fighter.

Ticking that box only gives them +30 onto whatever they would have rolled before. So basically, if someone does tick it and still has a low number, they are at risk of being DQ'ed based on your judgement call? Doesnt sound like a good idea to me.

Since its a Heavyweight tournament, you dont need to worry about Popularity anyway since odds are a lot of fights will end by (T)KO which should give decent pop anyway.

I'm fully aware Heavy Weights often will gain more hype/pop after a fight due to the nature of the division.

FYI you can tell because the fighter will start with two forms of Hype: MMA Hype and Kickboxing hype, along with most fighters will start at 50+ (depending on mangers) But an unsigned new fighter with Kickboxing hype, used the "hidden" "is a popular fighter" That's one easy way to tell. ;)

And if people don't want to join because of the Popularity hidden, that's on them. I did this competition to give back to the community; so those that want to participate, I'll be welcoming them with open arms and willing to help them in anyway possible.

Much <3 I hope you change your mind.

Weedamins

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Ticking popularity, I think, starts your fighter with 60 hype/pop instead of 30, so this is why he says that he will be able to tell the difference.

Edit: or 50, not sure exactly, I wouldn't tick it, i just remember signing a fighter that had more hype/pop and was 0-0-0

Typically 50+ based on managers hype it increases. But the easiest tell is: When a fighter uses the "hidden" "is a popular fighter" He will be given two forms of hype right after creation: MMA & Kickboxing. Due to the fighter never signing to a KT org they in theory should never have Kickboxing hype, but this hidden provides that ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I thought popularity was a hidden like the others, so not just starting at 30 or whatever. I've had new creations having a higher hype pop ranking than fighters who've already fought.

FYI In theory if you are a winning manager, Your new fighters will always have higher hype/pop than your previous creations. Also the more experienced the manager you are(you`re a red-belt on forums, so I know you've been around :D) Your fighters will start with more hype/pop than others.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I join if he get rid of popular fighter and waits till 310 k hits

I appreciate you wanting the tournament to change to your rules, and ideas; But it's not happening. :D

I have my reasons for the popularity hidden, if you'd like an explanation(further than what I did in other responses), or have a discussion about it with me please PM ME in-game.

I'm not waiting til 310k, although it will most likely workout that way... Considering we are already on 307500+ and Fighter creation date is ~ 4 weeks away.

• Downvote 1

Good luck filling the 32 man bracket.

Hard enough to get 16.

I only know one person who has successfully filled and completed a 32 man creation tournament ;)

Thank you! I know they are difficult, I ran one ~ 3 years ago when I started my ORG in Toyko. (it was extremely successful Although I wasn't as strict on rules or guidelines; Nor was I offering 1 year VIP only 6 months)I know we can fill the tournament no problem. Yesterday was the 1st day and we had 8 sign-ups just from In-game PM's. Sadly I'm aware these forums are only viewed by a smaller % of the actual player pool. Involving managers that aren't VIP's (whom often don't use the forums) will drastically increase the numbers. Also I'm extremely active and try to message any new manager I haven't messaged before about this tournament when they are online.

I appreciate your concern, Maybe you'll make a fighter now :D

• Downvote 1

@weedamins:

Thing is, people don't want to tick popularity hidden, because in order to get a top fighter in this game, popularity doesn't mean anything. The most obvious hiddens you need for your fighter to be a top 100 fighter is Chin / Power / Heart (which is usually the 3 hiddens people will choose), so basically, you need a high roll on these 3, then Confidence / Intelligence is a good to have, but can always be worked around it.

Ticking popularity is only good for the org owner, and that, only for the first couple events. After 2-3 fights, the better fighters (with popularity unticked) will already have more hype/pop than most fighters, so it voids any argument you have when you say stuff like "My goal is to have one of them reach the top 20 in the weight class". I can guarantee you that ticking Chin/Power/Heart gives a fighter more chance to reach top 20 than someone who ticks "Popularity".

• Upvote 5

@weedamins:

Thing is, people don't want to tick popularity hidden, because in order to get a top fighter in this game, popularity doesn't mean anything. The most obvious hiddens you need for your fighter to be a top 100 fighter is Chin / Power / Heart (which is usually the 3 hiddens people will choose), so basically, you need a high roll on these 3, then Confidence / Intelligence is a good to have, but can always be worked around it.

Ticking popularity is only good for the org owner, and that, only for the first couple events. After 2-3 fights, the better fighters (with popularity unticked) will already have more hype/pop than most fighters, so it voids any argument you have when you say stuff like "My goal is to have one of them reach the top 20 in the weight class". I can guarantee you that ticking Chin/Power/Heart gives a fighter more chance to reach top 20 than someone who ticks "Popularity".

I'm fully aware of all these that you are making present.. I'm actually an old user from ~ 6 years ago. I appreciate you trying to inform me, as I'm aware I had to make a new account, so my perception is a noob (my old one got deleted). I was around pre 100k fighters, so I've seen how certain hiddens can effect a fights ability, also I'm not asking for theory on your optimal hiddens; I'm making a tournament that benefits both parties. If you've already established yourself and a free one year VIP ($30usd value) isn't worth creating a fighter, that you can delete after you`re eliminated...

Short theory-craft answer: This is forcing more of a variance in the long term value of the fighter(yes);

But it's a competition with one of the largest prizes(if not the largest) currently available in MMAtycoon, So this will allow say, a non-vip member that has less knowledge of building a fighter, or how the systems work on a 1-150 scale in almost every aspect of this game, TO WIN!!! And increase the amount of people playing the game, because maybe, they'll tell their friends or family about this tournament they won and they get them into the game. My goal is with this tournament is to give-back and help promote MMAtycoon, to newer/non-vip users; to get them more involved in the community and the game.

No Offense, but you`re a very well established member, that probably wouldn't benefit much from this tournament; but again you have to realize, I'm not targeting the established VIP members of this community. So If you don't want to participate that's on you bud. You`re a competing organization with me, but you don't see me going into your Orgs threads attempting to berate you over how you've conducted something in a fashion or manner I wouldn't like.. Have some perspective on why this tournament is meant to be 32 man or why it's 1 year VIP...

The Winner/Champion will stay in the org, and it will be my goal to get him to #1, or any challenger that wins.

• Downvote 1

Eh I really don't like the popularity one, seems only beneficial for the org owner

But I do want to enter a creation tourney, so sign me up :)

More $ for you on contracts though, and more hype gained per fight won :thumbup:

You`re the first person from the forums, welcome! :winner:

Just so you know I'll be sending out messages 1 week before and on creation day as reminders of guidelines/rules, etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You`re a competing organization with me, but you don't see me going into your Orgs threads attempting to berate you over how you've conducted something in a fashion or manner I wouldn't like..

I realise you played 6 years ago but maybe times have changed. Like Joe Lang said, it's no easy thing to fill a 32 man tournament these days and a lot of people who have posted in this thread have all been trying to offer you friendly advice so you can get your tournament filled as quickly as possible and not berate you as you may think.

Best of luck with the tournament.

I'm fully aware of all these that you are making present.. I'm actually an old user from ~ 6 years ago. I appreciate you trying to inform me, as I'm aware I had to make a new account, so my perception is a noob (my old one got deleted). I was around pre 100k fighters, so I've seen how certain hiddens can effect a fights ability, also I'm not asking for theory on your optimal hiddens; I'm making a tournament that benefits both parties. If you've already established yourself and a free one year VIP ($30usd value) isn't worth creating a fighter, that you can delete after you`re eliminated...

Short theory-craft answer: This is forcing more of a variance in the long term value of the fighter(yes);

But it's a competition with one of the largest prizes(if not the largest) currently available in MMAtycoon, So this will allow say, a non-vip member that has less knowledge of building a fighter, or how the systems work on a 1-150 scale in almost every aspect of this game, TO WIN!!! And increase the amount of people playing the game, because maybe, they'll tell their friends or family about this tournament they won and they get them into the game. My goal is with this tournament is to give-back and help promote MMAtycoon, to newer/non-vip users; to get them more involved in the community and the game.

No Offense, but you`re a very well established member, that probably wouldn't benefit much from this tournament; but again you have to realize, I'm not targeting the established VIP members of this community. So If you don't want to participate that's on you bud. You`re a competing organization with me, but you don't see me going into your Orgs threads attempting to berate you over how you've conducted something in a fashion or manner I wouldn't like.. Have some perspective on why this tournament is meant to be 32 man or why it's 1 year VIP...

The Winner/Champion will stay in the org, and it will be my goal to get him to #1, or any challenger that wins.

While this reply to my post kinda looks like a rant, I want to point out that my post was just a simple heads up and arguments on why people are holding back to signing up to this tournament.

I support the tournament idea, I'm just a little speechless about the whole rant you just threw at me.

First of all, I couldn't care less about you being a vet manager from 6 years ago, you're still a tycoon manager that wants to play, have fun, and doing a good deed by hosting a tournament, which is always fun to be part of. Don't take anything I say the wrong way, I too am trying to help.

Second, I am not a competing organization with you, you just happened to start a 300k org in LA. There's currently a lot of 300k orgs out there, and I see none of them as competition, not because I think I'm above or below any of them, but because I rather see all of them as orgs that could potentially work together in a near future. There's a lot of fighters out there, and the majority of new org owners either quit or go inactive, so the last thing I will do is try to compete.

To conclude this, hope you stick around with the org, looking forward to see it grow, and to help out a bit, sign me up for the tournament. While I'm not a big fan of your popularity requirement, I can work around it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1