Changes to clothing and nutrition companies

MMATycoon

I will have to ask ask for better contracts from the org managers now. 1/1/1 from Blitzkrieg FC simply won't do anymore.
Yes, how dare you be paid low money not to fight.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I don't like when you put that out of context randomly. You were given a 1/1/1 for an interim period of 2 months where you wouldn't fight because that fighter is participating TUM in which there is a training period of 2 months. If you have an issue with it, ill release you right now and you can choose to not participate.
I agree that's kinda shady to be throwing business out there for people to see....Keep that shit to yourself or in game mail!
Yes, how dare you be paid low money not to fight.

Oh come on... Really? Can't see that was a joke?

I can. A user who reads that out of context, the way its said, probably can't.

Don't look at invictus and think everybody is a mental dwarf. Most people are intelligent enough to know that sending out 1/1/1 contracts is not common practice. Poor judgement and oversensitive reaction.

i think we should change the name of the game to MMA Fair Play . imo you dont want anyone to be a tycoon , you want us all to look and dress alike in one uniform . im all for fair but god damn its getting a lil stupid when you tell owners how much they can sell in THEIR OWN STORES . you cant become a tycoon when your told how much you can make and how to spend it. the reason store B doesnt make as much money as Hells Balls , Bushido , Boondock or Hell Bent is because their stuff looks like shit not because manny , didm and the others have an unfair advantage . the supps change i dont like much but i can at least see where your coming from with it but clothes should be left out they guys that work hard should be able to sell more than the guy who just copies and paste does.

so like i said MMA Fair Play fits the game more than " tycoon" does , the more we make , the more you take lol

Aaaah, all's well in the world again, now PE's popped up to tell me I'm ruining everything :D

Anyway, the reason that clothing companies are also subject to the change equally, is so that they can also join in with the 500 week system / have the same awards structure. Plus just general equality between the companies.

the reason store B doesnt make as much money as Hells Balls , Bushido , Boondock or Hell Bent is because their stuff looks like shit not because manny , didm and the others have an unfair advantage .

I kinda agree with this statement. I take big pride in any design work I do and take it all very seriously. This is what I do for a living, so I am not going to do any design half-assed. even for a game where I am not getting paid, but rather paying for. I use professional based software, not MS Paint like some things I have seen and do think that if people are enjoying the design work we do, we should be rewarded for it with the sales we are getting. Yeah it sucks that a lot of people might be making companies and might be going under because their sales aren't there to support their spending...just one of those things people should have thought about before opening it up. Not everyone can be a designer, that is why the good ones do well and the bad ones don't...

But as a whole, the new changes are nice and I appreciate it, going back and reading about the cap was the only thing I could disagree with from a clothing standpoint, since that is what I run.

Although I like the Company Awards. I don't like limiting the amount of sales for clothing. Not trying to shit on the love fest in here. Just thinking the current "drive" to expand your business and increase sales is lost.

For clothing it seriously reduces the desire to make large gym and org clothing deals for lower prices at bulk rates. Since I will likely be near my cap (last weeks sales: 585 x 4 = 2340) I might as well just sit back and do nothing?

I'm all for trying to level the playing field some, but lumping supps in with clothing is getting old. The price caps was to help the smaller supps companies, as was the shipping (and to add realism, granted) But why do us clothing guys seem to get in roped in with them and their problems?

If you sit back and do nothing, you'll soon see your clothing sales drop off. If 2500 turns out to be too low for clothing, we can up it and change it to 600 weeks or 700 weeks for clothing. It's not un-movable.

Aaaah, all's well in the world again, now PE's popped up to tell me I'm ruining everything :D

Anyway, the reason that clothing companies are also subject to the change equally, is so that they can also join in with the 500 week system / have the same awards structure. Plus just general equality between the companies.

not saying your ruining everything mike the fights are just the only thing we as managers actually control now . everything else the owners are told how much they can sell and how much they can charge . all im saying is a man cant become a " tycoon " on a fixed income. :D

I don't know what to make of the nutrition company changes. I like the 7-day list, if only that people actually notice Proof Supplements who otherwise didn't. I've gone from 9th to 6th already.

As for the order cap, well, it didn't seem like sales were all that concentrated before to me. Yes, Non-Stop sells a lot, but there were plenty that had decent sales numbers. Considering a 150 supp is a 150 supp wherever you get it, I was expecting it to be even more concentrated.

If you sit back and do nothing, you'll soon see your clothing sales drop off. If 2500 turns out to be too low for clothing, we can up it and change it to 600 weeks or 700 weeks for clothing. It's not un-movable.

I can say already that it is too low for me. If I did 589 last week w/o any bulk orders, that means I have about 100+ to work with. I have managers who ask me to do 100 shirts and 100 shorts so all their fighters can have the same outfit and get a cheaper rate.

Same goes for org/gym stuff. It's completely unreasonable to limit that.

1. Malicious Intent Fight Gear: 1136

2. Nemesis Cage Clothing: 857

3. T.K.O. The Killer Outfit: 597

4. Hell's Balls Fightwear: 589

5. Demonic Clothing: 583

6. Predator: 493

All of these companies have to pull back due to a SUPPLEMENT problem

Like others have said, the only "quality" in clothing is the design. I taught myself Photoshop two days before I opened, having never used it before in my life. I searched the web for other templates that weren't in the wiki. I cold called (with in game PMs) at least 3 org owners in every city. I started doing full body gi's with the fighter av.

Others that didn't put the time, effort or creativity into their designs or business model are not successful for that reason alone, not because of any in game disadvantage.

The weekly awards should not be preconditioned with the limit to do business. A year from now when there are even more cities, will we have to come back and ask you to raise it again? Any limit, IMO in unacceptable.

one thing on this is supps are supps as long as rating is good it all the same --- you can get high rating supps from quite a few places --- its not that way with clothing, looks are everything and the only thing with them --- cant get the same personal look at other stores, especially with a lot of the custom work being done now --- i love the idea about the tycoon clothing only for fighters below 2-0 though that helps clothing stores a lot but do think the cap or limit needs something else mainly because of the custom stuff that you can only get from one place

You're meant to sell out the Manfred - that's the point of the system. If you're really good, you're meant to sell out but figure out what is the best way to sell out. Giving away 500 units gives you some sort of benefit (sponsorship hype etc), but is it better than selling them? That's meant to be the decision now.

Anyway, if everyone involved in clothing doesn't want the cap, we can remove it. But obviously we have to remove the clothing trophies etc too because they become kind of worthless if you can get a 500 week just by putting $4 t-shirts on sale all month. We would also need to cap the amount of products a fighter can buy, because people are using stores to money launder millions of dollars from fighters to managers.

We could also start counting the amount of clothing you give away each month, and not count that in the orders cap. That wouldn't be too hard.

You're meant to sell out the Manfred - that's the point of the system. If you're really good, you're meant to sell out but figure out what is the best way to sell out. Giving away 500 units gives you some sort of benefit (sponsorship hype etc), but is it better than selling them? That's meant to be the decision now.

Anyway, if everyone involved in clothing doesn't want the cap, we can remove it. But obviously we have to remove the clothing trophies etc too because they become kind of worthless if you can get a 500 week just by putting $4 t-shirts on sale all month. We would also need to cap the amount of products a fighter can buy, because people are using stores to money launder millions of dollars from fighters to managers.

We could also start counting the amount of clothing you give away each month, and not count that in the orders cap. That wouldn't be too hard.

sounds like a solution right there.

so this weekly sales thing is strange, I have 420 right now, and 480 earlier today

Same with me.

It most likely counts the past 7 days. So last Monday's sales disappeared.

Or people wanted a refund. ;)

...I'll need to add the "all sales final" to the BoonWear fine print.