UFC Fight Night Maia vs Usman Pick'em Thread

I wrote the wrong weight class, I was buzzing.

At strawweight, the only two I wouldnt consider her a lock over would be Gadelha and Andrade just because I havent seen her physical strength tested yet and those are two strong broads. But I would favor her. Suarez wrestling is so far ahead of any potential opponent, the only comparison I could think of would be when Askren was dominating Bellator with his wrestling.

I wrote the wrong weight class, I was buzzing.

At strawweight, the only two I wouldnt consider her a lock over would be Gadelha and Andrade just because I havent seen her physical strength tested yet and those are two strong broads. But I would favor her. Suarez wrestling is so far ahead of any potential opponent, the only comparison I could think of would be when Askren was dominating Bellator with his wrestling.

You'd pick her over Joanna? That's a controversial opinion to say the least.

You'd pick her over Joanna? That's a controversial opinion to say the least.

Yes, and if I were still betting I would throw a ton of money at that fight. Joanna doesnt have huge power, isn't a great athlete and would be thoroughly wrestlefucked. The way the UFC works, that fight is probably a year or two away and by then Suarez will have improved enough that it wont even be close. Wrestling is the key and there isnt a woman in that division that can hang with Suarez in that department.

I think the UFC is going to give Suarez a nice push though. She checks a lot of boxes; TUF winner, Mexican heritage, accomplished pre-UFC career, and a good backstory beating cancer.

Yes, and if I were still betting I would throw a ton of money at that fight. Joanna doesnt have huge power, isn't a great athlete and would be thoroughly wrestlefucked. The way the UFC works, that fight is probably a year or two away and by then Suarez will have improved enough that it wont even be close. Wrestling is the key and there isnt a woman in that division that can hang with Suarez in that department.

I think the UFC is going to give Suarez a nice push though. She checks a lot of boxes; TUF winner, Mexican heritage, accomplished pre-UFC career, and a good backstory beating cancer.

Still fucks me off that you stole her from me this season.

Last year I was so obsessed I set specific notifications on twitter to track her injury / first fight of 2017 prior to picking her and she was lined up to be my next pick after you took her this year.

Still fucks me off that you stole her from me this season.

Last year I was so obsessed I set specific notifications on twitter to track her injury / first fight of 2017 prior to picking her and she was lined up to be my next pick after you took her this year.

I agree in a year or so shes beat JJ

Joanna also has amazing tdd and has survived on the ground with legit BJJ black belts. And we're not talking about 2 years from now

Joanna also has amazing tdd and has survived on the ground with legit BJJ black belts. And we're not talking about 2 years from now

I'd take Suarez vs Joanna if it was scheduled next, I'm just pointing out that that fight wont happen any time soon.

Suarez is a world class wrestler. Her grappling is a totally different beast.

I'd take Suarez vs Joanna if it was scheduled next, I'm just pointing out that that fight wont happen any time soon.

Suarez is a world class wrestler. Her grappling is a totally different beast.

And Joanna is a world class striker. Suarez' striking is still incredibly raw, did you all of sudden forget how easy JJ pieced up Andrade, and how the two best grapplers in the division either couldn't take her down at all, or keep her there longer than 30 seconds?

And Joanna is a world class striker. Suarez' striking is still incredibly raw, did you all of sudden forget how easy JJ pieced up Andrade, and how the two best grapplers in the division either couldn't take her down at all, or keep her there longer than 30 seconds?

Suarez would have went to the Olympics if she didn't get cancer. Comparing her wrestling to gadelhas bjj is apples to oranges.

It seems like discussing it seems like your getting a little pissy talking about it, so we'll agree to disagree.

Suarez would have went to the Olympics if she didn't get cancer. Comparing her wrestling to gadelhas bjj is apples to oranges.

It seems like discussing it seems like your getting a little pissy talking about it, so we'll agree to disagree.

Do you really see, Suarez getting close enough to shoot though? You need a boxing game to do that, she doesnt have that. Romero is a silver medalist, yet he hardly got any wrestling going vs Whittaker. Cejudo is a gold medalist and got pieced up in the clinch by DJ