New Jersey MMA - Openweight Creation Tournament (League)

Alfred

This tournament is the former World Vale Tudo Fight League that has now been moved over to NJMMA.

The idea is that 20 fighters will be split into 4 groups of 5 and will fight everyone in their group once. The top 2 fighters from each group will then go on to the knockout stages and fight until we have a winner.

Creation is OPEN and has been since the 10th April. Any 18 year old fighter created on or after that date is eligible and can be ANY weight (and must be willing to fight opponents of any weight) Testing is allowed

The first event will be on the 12th May and fights will take place every two weeks after that (so fair warning that you might face the possibility of fighting injured or cut. Any longer in between fights and the whole thing would take too long)

The group stage will last about 8 weeks and managers will need to commit to four fights no matter how badly they're doing. The whole thing should last about 14 weeks from start to finish so please make sure you are willing to commit that amount of time.

Fights will be 2 x 10 mins (with the final being 3 x 10) and the judging is whole fight and will be in a cage.

3 points for a finish win

2 points for a dec win

1 point for a dec loss

0 points for a loss

In the instance of a fighter going awol his opponent will be given the full 3 points.

Overall winner will get 3 months VIP and the prize pool currently staggers down from 1st (100k), 2nd (75k), 3rd (50k), 4th (25k) but this could increase

Plus Bank of noobs is kindly offering the following donation packages:

1st place: 15k sponsor or laundry for the manager at 10% (to be claimed within 7 days)
2nd place: 10k sponsor or laundry for the manager at 15% (same time window to claim)
3rd place: 5k sponsor

Grand total: 30k in sponsors (or 25% laundry keep instead the usual 40% through 2 transactions).

• Upvote 1

If you need a filler I can provide 1 more. It's all up to you

That really kind of you mate but we shouldn't need anyone to double up as I'm included in the numbers myself and can drop out to make it an even number. Thank you anyway though

Got your email Albert, making a fighter for this tourney.

Great stuff mate. Thank you!

One more fighter to go. If anyone knows anyone who might be interested please send them this way

Lol I got a feeling that the good the bad and the fugly will be the winner no matter what.

We got a 3 in 20 chance lol and I'm a bomb at creation magic

all i know for certain is your fighter hopes not to be in the same pod, division, whatever you want to call it as my fighter as you will have a terrible match up against me based on the two fighters we made for this tournament.

OK guys. Just entered all the names into the tournament creator, shuffled the seeds five times (as it would otherwise just draw everyone in the order I input the names) and this is what has happened.

Don't pay any attention to the league standings as there's no way of customising it to include the 3 points for a finish and 2 for a dec win. I've only used it to create the pools and the fight schedule. I'll post league standings separate in this thread.

So, here we are....

NJMMA Open Weight Grand Prix - Season 1 - Group Draws and Fight Schedule

Group A

Blaise Cailloux

Rogerio De Souza

Ruud Huisbrink

Gargan Morus

Early Grayce

Group B

Manager Yanic

Ben Reed

Violet Dawson

Dreamiest Panda

Camara's Guy

Group C

Ed Wood

Check Conga

Antonio Kirby

Zou Li

James Isaac Abraham

Group D

Barry Bludgeon

Piotr Maczynski

Richard Volg

Kenji Kozlov

Robert Burner

• Upvote 2

Group A

Blaise Cailloux

Rogerio De Souza

Ruud Huisbrink

Gargan Morus

Early Grayce

Group B

Manager Yanic

Ben Reed

Violet Dawson

Dreamiest Panda

James Smith

Group C

Ed Wood

Check Conga

Antonio Kirby

Zou Li

James Isaac Abraham

Group D

Barry Bludgeon

Piotr Maczynski

Richard Volg

Kenji Kozlov

Robert Burner

Did you skip me? I have been testing fighters and spending VIP since you contacted me to fill your last spots.

Considering you contacted me after almost 15 days had passed and fighters had started training it would be nice to wait no? You could have entered me in the bracket as Camara's fighter.