CATCH WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIP

jsdaugh

Hello everyone!

John & I want to thank everyone's participation in making the Catch Wrestling Championship the go to org for Grappling in MMATycoon & we also appreciate the positive response we've gotten from the community so far!

Some of you may not know but running a Grappling org, let alone a successful one, works slightly different & is uncharted territory for just about everyone in this game. We want to give a big shout out to all the managers who've worked with us since day 1 while we worked out the kinks. With all that being said we want to let everyone know about our new pay / contract structure:

No Grappling Hype: 3k / 3k / 3k

Grappling Hype (low): 4k / 4k / 4k

Top 10 in Grappling: 5k / 5k / 5k

Former Champion (still top 10): 6k / 6k / 6k

Champion: 7k / 7k / 7k

Just like in real life, MMA pays much more than Grappling competitions & it's true in game as well. We've broken the threshold of breaking even albeit by not the greatest of margins. Hopefully, as the org continues to grow, all of these numbers will too.

We are also scaling the amount of fights on the contract offers from 8 to 5. We initially thought we'd be able to book everyone at least 2 matches a month (& for the most part we have) but we think seeing that number is scaring off some managers from joining.

I'll sign off with a few key reminders:

-Energy is not lost during a grappling match

-135 lb - 265 lb divisions are Open ID

-265+ division is Openweight 350K+

-The org is perfect for older fighters declining in skill

-If you have a Wrestling / BJJ heavy fighter that just can't hang in the higher/mid tier orgs, give us a shot!

-Due to the no energy loss, the org is great for the "Sparbots" on your roster who are just sitting around. You can have them still compete, earn a little scratch, all with no downside!

-We are the perfect place to have your 350k+ fighter compete injury & energy loss free all while developing their stand up skills for MMA/KT or move on to our unrestricted divisions!

Thanks again everyone!

• Upvote 6

Thanks Buff and John for the org! This is indeed the best place to grappling wise and you guys are really really easy to work with, everything really smooth.
I love the grappling aspect of Tycoon and I have a lot of fun trying to debug the ground game. I do consider myself pretty good at it and I'm sad I lost the title, I think I played everything right but shit happens (all praises to Poparts that managed to grab a sneaky win, you are the real deal mate). Looking forward to rematches, new matches/challenges and anything I could do to help CWG grow. If you guys ever decide to do a tourney or anything like this and could use some prize pooling or anything at all I could help, I'd more than glad to do so

Hello everyone!
John & I want to thank everyone's participation in making the Catch Wrestling Championship the go to org for Grappling in MMATycoon & we also appreciate the positive response we've gotten from the community so far!
Some of you may not know but running a Grappling org, let alone a successful one, works slightly different & is uncharted territory for just about everyone in this game. We want to give a big shout out to all the managers who've worked with us since day 1 while we worked out the kinks. With all that being said we want to let everyone know about our new pay / contract structure:
No Grappling Hype: 3k / 3k / 3k
Grappling Hype (low): 4k / 4k / 4k
Top 10 in Grappling: 5k / 5k / 5k
Former Champion (still top 10): 6k / 6k / 6k
Champion: 7k / 7k / 7k
Just like in real life, MMA pays much more than Grappling competitions & it's true in game as well. We've broken the threshold of breaking even albeit by not the greatest of margins. Hopefully, as the org continues to grow, all of these numbers will too.
We are also scaling the amount of fights on the contract offers from 8 to 5. We initially thought we'd be able to book everyone at least 2 matches a month (& for the most part we have) but we think seeing that number is scaring off some managers from joining.
I'll sign off with a few key reminders:
-Energy is not lost during a grappling match
-135 lb - 265 lb divisions are Open ID
-265+ division is Openweight 350K+
-The org is perfect for older fighters declining in skill
-If you have a Wrestling / BJJ heavy fighter that just can't hang in the higher/mid tier orgs, give us a shot!
-Due to the no energy loss, the org is great for the "Sparbots" on your roster who are just sitting around. You can have them still compete, earn a little scratch, all with no downside!
-We are the perfect place to have your 350k+ fighter compete injury & energy loss free all while developing their stand up skills for MMA/KT or move on to our unrestricted divisions!
Thanks again everyone!

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14864049925824.gif

Herleifr "Bomber" Conchobhar (358759)

Thanks to Catch Wrestling Championship for give me the opportunity to make my MMA debut on a special card

This match will decide my future, it's a tough match but i had tough matches before, I can deal with anything and anyone, let's go!

• Upvote 3

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1568156053download.jpg

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/1583467881images%20(1).jpeg

TOP 3 BY DIVISION

CHAMPION- Matvey "The Gymnast" Pavlov (315727)

1.David Morrison Jr. (300012)

2.Klaus "The House" Chugman (316909)

3.Distant Thunder (335820)

LOOK OUT FOR: Ishiihara Sakuraba (308465)

CHAMPION- Rodney Holzken (269466)

1.Balbus "The Bully" Michael (276835)

2.Julio Valeron Huhrera (310409)

3.David Morrison (248722)

LOOK OUT FOR: Felipe "Foo Fighter" Feltre (262077)

CHAMPION- "La Messiah" Jesus St Pierre (233751)

1.Fallschirm Jäger (300774)

2.Morrison Lee (275060)

3.Azar "Quicksand" Qasi (250276)

LOOK OUT FOR:

CHAMPION- "The Riddler" Ibbe Ribbler (314703)

1.Vulcahn Dravezesdi (300058)

2.Igor "the Rabid Pitbull" Byhenikov (265220)

3.Ramon Gracie (281101)

LOOK OUT FOR: George Arias (308787)

CHAMPION- Claudio Ty (305705)

1.Royce Gracie (307296)

2.Joe Bone (250345)

3.Judas Priest (329636)

LOOK OUT FOR: Ryan "WestSide" Del Oeste (280424)

CHAMPION- Dido Vicini (275004)

1.Tsuyoi "最強" Kakuto (324734)

2."Vicious" Bobby Wangler (314705)

3.Professor Dickweed (291154) and Tyrano "Action" Jackson (315904)

LOOK OUT FOR: "MRFR Head Coach" Aedan Declan (273759)

CHAMPION- Maxim Bok (275019)

1."Ice Cold" Pablo Dominguez (275403)

2.Connor Frank (333769)

3.Fray "King" Tormenta (340257)

LOOK OUT FOR: David Allan "Pagan" Coe (300731)

265+

CHAMPION- Tony Stark (353196)

1."The King" Ryan Gordon (354606)

2. Ze Jiurgite "Rear Naked ButtChoke" (352140)

3. Jaxon Bremner (355066)

LOOK OUT FOR: "☸️" Shanti Anatta (353741)

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

HOF NOMINATIONS SO FAR

Matvey "The Gymnast" Pavlov (315727): 30 years old. 21-14 Grappling record, 9-2 in CWC. Current 135 lb CWC Champion. Former Aggressive Damage Grappling 135 lb Champion. Former Extreme Fighting Championship 135 lb MMA Champion with 3 consecutive defenses and 15-2 MMA record with 13 submissions. Ranked 3 in P4P grappling.

Fray "King" Tormenta (340257): 24 years old. 5-0 Grappling record, 5-0 in CWC. 265 lbs weight class. Won all 5 by submission. Ranked 50 in P4P grappling. Former FARTMMA & Underground MMA 265 lb Champion 16-3 MMA record with 16 submissions.

"Tap Or Snap" Helio Kimura (217937): 45 years old. 38-20 Grappling record, 4-2 in CWC. 265 and 265+ Division 1 Tycoon World Grappling Champion both in 2019. 17-0 grappling winning streak in 2019. Voted 2019 Grappler of the year Tycoon Awards. Ranked 22 P4P grappling.
Claudio Ty (305705) : 30 years old. 10-1 Grappling record, 6-0 in CWC. 185 lbs weight class. Undefeated in CWC at present. Current CWC 185 lb Grappling Champion. Ranked #1 in his weight class and Ranked #2 P4P overall.
  • Upvote 4

The fact that Helio is 4-2 speaks volumes about the quality of grapplers John has attracted.

Fray Tormenta wishes he could follow in his footsteps. He recently got schooled at FARTMMA but that just goes to show the quality of fights at the top in my org.

Great job John and Buff ! May 360k bring you new grappling talent my good friends !

Dtf-hWyUcAAVbTw.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14864049925824.gif

Herleifr "Bomber" Conchobhar (358759)

Thanks to Catch Wrestling Championship for give me the opportunity to make my MMA debut on a special card

This match will decide my future, it's a tough match but i had tough matches before, I can deal with anything and anyone, let's go!

15685193133876.gif

Ok :)

John, I challenge this bald leprechaun to a Best of 3 MMA Series :) Every 3 week fights as discussed :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14966718535654.jpg

KEN SHAMROCK PRESENTS

NEXT UP!

CWC'S ROAD TO THE TITLE!

TODAY 135/145/155 DIVISIONS

Hello fans! Its time we looked at current champions and contenders for the upcoming events and break down where we are and where we are going!

First off, not all divisions are equal. Some are waiting on TWGC to commence and some have to wait on valid challengers to emerge. So let look at what we have!

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1568156053download.jpg

135 lbs- Champion is Matvey "The Gymnast" Pavlov (315727)

At 9-2 in CWC, Pavlov is next challenging for the 145 lb strap and trying to avenge an earlier loss to current champ Rodney Holzken (269466) who is 5-0 in CWC. They will match on 4/12/20 @ CACC 76 (937078). So we may have a multi divisional champion for the 1st time and the winner could be the 1st clear cut choice for HOF. But what about the rest of the division? Who will be next for Pavlov regardless of a win/loss here, because he will still have the 135 lb strap. Lets look!

With David Morrison Jr and Masa Wasa taking some time off to compete globally, the rest of the division is on alert.

Xing "Rufus" Pugberg (321586) will match "The Troid Gym Janitor" Takeya Aoki (292056) on 4/4/20

The winner should match the winner of

Ishiihara "Yashabo (rascal)" Sakuraba (308465) vs. Dominick "Dominator" Bruise (303905) on 4/4/20

I foresee the winner of these matches getting a shot at the strap

other matches:

Siam vs. Barbosa

Brown vs. Lalla

These winners should face off next to try to start up another streak of wins

As far as a challenger for the strap it looks like Klaus "The House" Chugman (316909) will be on a 3 win streak if he can get by Ono Kuronoa (333956) on 4/12/20.

145 lbs- Champion Rodney Holzken (269466)

As told from above the 1st ever multi divisional champion match is going to be between Pavlov and Holzken. If Holzken can fend off the challenger he will retain the title and make a successful third straight defense, which of course is HOF worthy in many eyes. So lets take a look at the rest of the division.

David Morrison and Dada Mata are both taking leaves of absence to compete globally, so lets look at others willing.

The most dangerous grappler who has beaten both Pavlov and Holzken is Julio Valeron Huhrera (310409), but his manager has expressed his interest to leave the promotion and compete in MMA, so that will be a huge blow to talent.

One of the top grapplers is Roman Boesku (320066), who after a rocky start in CWC is on a 3 match win streak. He matches Sebastian Shot (241985) on 4/18/20. If he can win this match he will be matched with the winner of John McCain (338589) vs. Balbus "The Bully" Michael (276835). McCain another young newcomer with a black belt could be the perfect match for Boesku if they both are victorious. Balbus just lost a title match, but he is very dangerous and should be a great test.

So, we have winner of Boesku/shot and winner of McCain/Balbus should match off after.

Tanner Pounds (262075) will be matching Tim Anton (315619) on 4/4/20. Pounds is looking to bounce back from back to back losses, and Anton won his 1st match and lost his 2nd. The winner here should face off with the winner of Chris Millennium (258969) vs Wilner "Voodoo" Fatiman (323665).

Felipe "Foo Fighter" Feltre (262077) is 1-1 since moving up from 135 lbs. He faces off with deadly Huhrera on 4/18/20. If he can succeed he will be matched with another top level grappler, who? Maybe Kron Silva (262040) who just recently signed, but new signings happen periodically so he could get another offer. One things for sure, a win over Huhrera would definitely catapult him closer to a title match.

155 lbs- Champion "La Messiah" Jesus St Pierre (233751)

St. Pierre matches Fallschirm Jäger (300774) on 4/12/20 as he looks to defend the title for the 2nd time. St. Pierre is 7-1 in the CWC and has never faced Jager, who is 8-3 and a former title challenger to Dollar Hero. So whats next for the champion??

Top challengers Morrison Lee and Azar Qasi are both waiting on TWGC, so they may or may not be available. Of the two Lee has a 3 match win streak and looks to be the #1 Challenger. Qasi needs one more big victory to be considered.

Former champion Dollar Hero (305954) is 8-3 in CWC and matches Joshua "The Future" Brown (331670) on 4/4/20 but his manager has decided to leave the org in pursuit of mma opportunities. If Brown can upset the former champ, it will do a great deal of help for his future rankings and match making.

Raymond "Junky" Donde (318688) vs. Tobias Pancake (289563) on 4/11 is a tough match to make. Donde has flipped wins/losses and has some big upsets on his record which is the factor considering he is matched with a red belt in Pancake who just lost a title match vs St.Pierre. The winner here should get someone like Qasi.

Guilherme Mendes (313733) vs. Kimmo Kehveli (331096) on 4/11/20 are a couple of promising black belts going at it. If Qasi can't compete, Donde/Pancake winner should get this winner next which makes sense.

Newcomers- The CWC got a boost with some recent signings to bring in some fresh blood and we aren't wasting anytime.

Ray Malenko (257203) vs. Kyle "German" Seehaver (293166) on 4/18/20 - Newly signed veteran Malenko will make his debut, a forwer Tycoon World Grappling D2 155 lb champion looks to see what he has left vs a CWC veteran in Seehaver. Both are black belts, but Seehaver has had a rough go of it recently.

Newly signed "Black Jackal" Joe Bailey (285949) vs. Chris Boag (312132) on 4/18/20. Bailey has a 7-2 grappling record coming into the CWC. He will take on Boag who is 2-2 in CWC with his last outing a submission victory over Seehaver.

Winners of Malenko/Seehaver and Boag/Bailey will be matched against each other

The rest

Well we have a mixed batch of grapplers here.

Journeyman, part time grappler Enzo "Vampiro" Salvatore (317137) who is 4-4 in the CWC is scheduled to fight mma next, but has had some great matches in the past and defeated former champion Dollar Hero.

He will likely face off with a loser from one of the above matches. He has expressed to his manager that if he loses again he may

retire permanently.

Stay tuned tomorrow for 170/185/205 Divisions!

• Upvote 6

NEXT UP!

170/185/205 LBS

Hows it going everybody, Ken Shamrock here ready to go over the next episode of NEXT UP!

Today we are going to look at and discuss the next three weight classes. Lets get going.

170 lbs- Champion "The Riddler" Ibbe Ribbler (314703)

"The Riddler" Ibbe Ribbler (314703) vs Vulcahn Dravezesdi (300058) 4/4/20

The Riddler is on a tear, one impressive streak. Since losing his 1st CWC match, Ribbler has won 10 consecutive matches including a Tycoon World Grappling Title for the D1 185 lbs division and then coming back to the CWC where he is the current 170 lb grappling champion with one defense. Ribbler will be taking on Vulcahn Dravezesdi (300058) who just defeated George Arias (308787) by guillotine. Dravezesdi some say didn't deserve the title match because he was on a 3 match losing streak, but 2 of those were in the Tycoon World Grappling Tournament, so it didn't count as much as in the CWC. Dravezsdi is 5-2 in CWC and has a red belt, so this will be a test for Ribbler who hasn't quite gotten that promotion yet.

The winner will be a champion, and if Ribbler wins it will be his 2nd title defense. Ribbler could move up to take on the 185 lb Champion as well, we will see.

So, lets take a look at top contenders!

Donald "The Don" Trump (334545) is waiting for a match and should be the #1 contender to Ribbler with a 3 straight CWC win streak and an overall grappling record of 9-3. The 26 year black belt may get matched for the title or get a revenge match for his loss and the right for the title if he can match Kamden "The Situation" Jackson (315462) again which is on a 2 match win streak as well. Jackson has entered the TWGC, so we will see if it happens or not. Jackson, managed by John Daugherty is a game veteran who has had ups and downs in his career with a 23-14 grappling record and a TWGC D4 265+ title from his younger days. He is currently 7-2 in his past 9 matches. But reports out there that Jackson will be looking to stay at 205 lbs so this may not happen.

George Arias (308787) vs Ramon Gracie (281101) on 4/18/20

Arias is 4-5 in CWC, really unpredictable and has traded wins/losses recently. He did make the finals of the TWGC 27 D1 185 lbs tournament only to lose to CWC's welterweight champion Ribbler. Arias has the tools with elite wrestling and a red belt, the 32 year old Brazilian holds an overall grappling record of 22-10 and defeating Gracie will be a huge step in the right direction. Ramon Gracie is 39 years old who matches Arias with elite wrestling and a red belt as well, but not as experienced in grappling only matches with a 4-4 grappling record, with a 2-1 CWC record. He lost to Trump is his last match after starting 2-0 in the promotion. As an mma fighter Gracie posted 23 submission victories of his 33 wins, but mind you in mma strikes come to play. The winner here will get another top level winner, possibly Trump.

6-2 in CWC is Paul "Smile" Hunt (281397), who is currently available to match. In his last match he came back from a loss to Ramon Gracie with a submission victory over Tony "Man United" Duff (302776). Hunt is a black belt who is currently scheduled to enter the next TWGC. He is a top level grappler who needs a streak in order to get a title shot.

Possible match: Byhenikov/Deeds winner.

Igor "the Rabid Pitbull" Byhenikov (265220) vs Longfellow Deeds (225845) on 4/18/20

Byhenikov recently lost his title match vs Ribbler and Deeds snapped a two match losing streak with a win over former champion Khalid Mamedov (290699). Both grapplers are in their 40's and both have similar elite wrestling/black belt primaries. Byhenikov was on a streak with resulted in his title match loss to Ribbler, but had defeated Bilous, Arias x 2, Dravezesdi, Smiff, Perez, Queen, and Paulman. A very impressive group, but losing to Ribbler and free agent Alka "Sleeping Panther" Mangrove (271647) he needs to pick up a win here vs Deeds. Deeds at 46 years isn't done yet, and says I can grapple competitively until he is 52, seems to have that hunger. Deeds was a TWGC D1 265 lbs champion back in 2017, but has seen small streaks causally knocked off by a loss looks to keep this streak going.

CWC definitely needs a few more bodies here, but there is a young newcomer coming over from the 265+ 350K division, who was its inaugural champion in Rodrizinho Chai (350894).

Rodrizinho Chai (350894) vs Andrew "Junior" Henry Jr (327212) on 4/18/20

Chai is a 21 year old black belt who was the Inaugural CACC 350K+ ID 265+ Champion. He posts a 10-4 overall grappling record with 6-2 in CWC. He won his 1st 170 lb divisional match with a decision over Don Petersen (319775) at CACC 70. He will be taking on a grappler 6 years older in Andrew Henry Jr. Andrew is still training the ground game but is still a dangerous brown belt as he has significant experience: TWGC 24 Tournament 205 lbs. Runner-Up Division 3. He posts a 12-4 grappling record as well, so a tough test for the young Chai, and equally tough for Henry staving off a young champion.

Winner of Chai/Henry Jr vs. Winner of

Tony "Man United" Duff (302776) vs. Chief "Black" Seminole (338238) on 4/12/20

Two young brown belts looking to break into the CWC. Both newly signed will look to start their own streak as they continue to hone in their grappling skills and reach for the black belt.

185 lbs Champion- Claudio Ty (305705)

Claudio Ty (305705) vs Royce Gracie (307296) on 4/4/20

Ty is 10-1 overall, and is undefeated in CWC who is looking to defend his title for the 2nd time. An elite wrestler with a red belt, Ty has been nominated for the CWC HOF and a win here which would make it twice vs Royce Gracie would help his cause. Gracie is an 11-4 grappler who lost his CWC title to Ty with a submission loss two matches ago is ready for revenge and to win back the strap. Still a black belt, but could have easily obtained his red belt in other dojos doesn't care for the rank, that doesn't determine you as an individual. This will be a highly entertaining match. Will Ty cement his legacy here or will Gracie take revenge and cause a future rubber match between them?

Joe Bone (250345). 43 year old Joe Bone, one of many fighters managed by David Morrison (98859) in the CWC is currently awaiting the next TWGC, but he is the only one in the division with a current 3 match win streak, which his CWC grappling record of 6-1 overall shows he still got it. In fact, as soon as he is eligible to accept the match he will get the next CWC 185 lb title match. His one lone loss is to none the other Royce Gracie.

Judas Priest (329636) vs Jurgen Tetsuo (285338) 4/18/20

Priest is a former challenger. Tetsuo is a converted striker still looking for his own streak in grappling. Tetsuo is a high level wrestler with a black belt, but has flipped wins/losses in his grappling career going 3-3. He recently defeated Moonlight "Da Mauler" Maze (287169) by decision. Priest is a 27 year old black belt with a 9-5 grappling record. He is on a two match win streak defeating Mew Choo and Dick Diaz. If he can secure a victory here he will be one step closer.

Winner of Priest/Tetsuo vs. Vito Mazzini (275020)

Newcomer "Toimittaja" Hannu Karpo (333925) will get Ryan "WestSide" Del Oeste (280424) 4/18/20

Mew Choo (316774) will get "The Korean Woodchipper" Long Hung Dong (334038) on 4/18/20

"Anjo da Desgraça" Carlos Silverio (330166) vs Ronald Dela Rosa (308843) on 4/4/20

205 lb Champion- Dido Vicini (275004)

Vicini is currently waiting for TWGC. He has a 29-14 grappling record, including 7-0 in CWC. He has just defended his title for the 1st time vs Tsuyoi "最強" Kakuto (324734) after defeated Tyrano "Action" Jackson (315904) for the title by a kimura submission. Vicini will be matched asap for his defense during the tycoon tournament.

Vicini will get the winner of

Joe "CrazyTrain" Average (321813) vs "The Man In Black" Denubis Majere (328816) on 4/12/20

Average and Majere are both on 2 match win streaks. Both are high level wrestlers with black belts. Average is 8-2 grappling and Majere is 4-5. Average has the edge in experience but Majere is coming off of two straight submission wins both in March is looking to keep the momentum going here, whoever wins will get the right to challenge Vicini next.

Pacer "The Turnip " Dalton (315247) vs "Vicious" Bobby Wangler (314705) on 4/11/20

This is a very interesting match. Dalton is a 20 year old purple belt, but elite wrestler who has a 7-7 overall grappling record, but get this....he is .....5-1 in CWC defeating grapplers with brown and black belt ranks in bjj. His only loss was to the champion Vicini, but since then he has won 4 straight. He again will be facing a higher ranked bjj grappler in Bobby Wangler. Wangler is 5-1 in grappling with a 4-0 mark in CWC. He is coming off two decision wins vs Omarov and Shifter.

Winner of Dalton/Wangler will get Kamden "The Situation" Jackson (315462)

Jackson is 23-14, and 7-2 in his last 9 in grappling. He is awaiting the TWGC as well, as soon as he is eligible he will get Dalton/Wangler winner.

Mozes "Vulture" Amaury (298714) vs Joey Bam Bam (334298) on 4/18/20

Amaury was on a quick 3 match tear as he submitted 3 straight grapplers including the current champion Vicini by triangle choke to set up his championship win vs Dresden, then he got complacent and started partying way to much to where he dropped his next 3 matches all by decision. He has since re-signed with CWC and defeated Amand Toussaint (333047) by triangle to start another streak to get back to the belt. He will have to face a young, hungry Bam Bam who is a 24 year old black belt with an 8-3 grappling record. Bam dropped his debut in CWC to Majere but bounced back with an armbar submission over Simon "Gris" Gustafsson (332596). Bam is a TWGC 205 lbs D4 Champion, so great pedigree match up here.

Winner of Amaury/Bam Bam vs. Professor Dickweed (291154) 13-11 grappling record/4-2 in CWC
  • Upvote 5

KEN SHAMROCK PRESENTS:

NEXT UP!

265/265+ LBS

265 Lbs- Champion Maxim Bok (275019)

Maxim Bok (275019) vs "Ice Cold" Pablo Dominguez (275403) on 4/4/20

Bok is the current champion who took the belt from Connor Frank (333769) by decision back on March 13th. Bok started in the CWC 3-3, but has since won 4 straight matches in a row. He puts his belt on the line today April 4th vs. "Ice Cold" Pablo Dominguez (275403).

Bok is 19-10 grappling overall, 7-3 in CWC. The Russian is an elite wrestler with a red belt managed by David Morrison. He will be the shorter and heavier fighter in the match up. Bok considered one of the top heavyweight grappler is ranked #9 P4P. He will be matching Dominguez whom he won by decision over 4 matches ago. "Ice Cold" is 30-10, and ranked #12 P4P and has had some great experience with winning TWGC D2 265+ tournament and losing two title matches in OC Grappling and Aggressive Damage in the past. Domiguez is 6-2 in CWC. Both grapplers have the same primaries, so lets look at the past match. Their 1st match up in early January saw Bok win on points 16-14 in a very close match. Bok took it to the ground aggressively first scoring a takedown, and from there it was back and forth position battle with only 5 total sub attempts total by both grapplers. Bok made some great sweeps that saw him come back from behind to take the lead. This will be a great championship match.

Winner of Bok/Dominguez vs. David Allan "Pagan" Coe (300731) for Title

Fray "King" Tormenta (340257) vs Connor Frank (333769) on 4/4/20

Tormenta, 5-0 in grappling with all 5 wins coming in the CWC are by submission takes a huge step up as he takes on former champion Connor Frank. Tormenta former mma heavyweight champion from FARTMMA and Underground had 16 submission victories as an mma fighter and seems to have transitioned his sensational wrestling and black belt over well into the CWC. Tormenta has worked his way up in the grappling ranks and sits at # 53 P4P. Tormenta will have a championship caliber opponent in Frank to test where he is really at. Connor Frank the former champion lost to Maxim Bok by decision but is 15-4 in grappling with a 6-2 record in the CWC. Frank has been close in other grappling tournaments bringing home a TWGC D1 Semi-Finalist, D2 Silver Medal. Defeating previously undefeated CWC 1st champion Sven Kristian "Viking" Nielsen (252272) who was on an impressive 7-0 CWC match streak at the time.

Winner of Tormenta/Frank vs. Ricco "Suave" Torres (311607) for title eliminator

Marcelinho Lima (323238) vs "The G O A T" Cajun Puto (330176) on 4/4/20

Lima is a 4-5 black belt from Brazil who started his grappling career at CWC on FIRE winning his first 3 matches all by submission but then has lost 4 of his past 5 matches. He looks to get back into the win column with a match with Cajun Puto who himself has also been in a slump. Puto is 17-14 grappling overall with a 4-5 record in the CWC. Puto is a red belt who started off as a pure grappler won the LACC - Conflict Openweight Grappling Tournament and has had several streaks, with his most recent in the CWC defeating Kuznetcov, Carmo, and Morgan in consecutive matches. Puto claims to be calling it quits after this match, but we will see what happens if he wins.

Winner of Lima/Puto vs Fletch "Skeeter" Brandis (315266)

Tyrone "Lugz" Sparxx (335287) vs Dragan Hozdic (304240) on 4/12/20

Sparxx is a 25 year old red belt in bjj who transitioned over from high school wrestling. He is 18-15 overall grappling with a 4-4 CWC record. He has been up and down, but at only 25 years old he has already grappled some of the top talent in grappling Bok, Naga-Wing, Kimura, Puto x 2, and Dominguez. Sparxx also has fought 5 times in mma, winning all 5 with 4 by way of submission. He is ranked 105 P4P and #14 in heavyweights. He will be taking on a relative unkown talented red belt in Hozdic. Hozdic is similar in height and a little less in weight than Sparxx, but has been training hard. He officially is 0-1 in grappling, a decision loss to one of the best in the game in Dominguez, but has 4 submission victories in mma. Hozdic will move up in ranks if he is able to defeat Sparxx, while in Sparxx's managers point of view its a challenge regardless of rankings, and at 25 he isn't wasting time he just wants to grapple.

Winner Sparxx/Hozdic vs Sven Kristian "Viking" Nielsen (252272)

Others:

"Enlightened One" Ren Naga-Wing (254533) vs Loser of Tormenta/Frank

"Tap Or Snap" Helio Kimura (217937) vs Loser of Bok/Dominguez possible
CWC needs more heavyweights to join!!! Will be recruiting heavily in the next TWGC tournament field!
265+ - Champion Tony Stark (353196)
Tony Stark (353196) vs "The King" Ryan Gordon (354606) on 4/11/20
Stark came into the CWC on fire with a 5-0 grappling record and a title at TWGC 26 D4 265+ Tournament and a Abu Dhabi Champion. Also successful in mma going 4-1 and losing a title match at WolfPac Fighting Alliance. Stark a 218 lb , 20 year old black belt came in right away and won the CWC 265+ title tapping out champion "☸️" Shanti Anatta (353741) at CACC 68. Stark will be matched with talented Ryan Gordon who is 7-2 all in the CWC lost a title match vs Rodrizinho Chai (350894) but has since won 3 straight matches to earn his next opportunity. Gordon is a 24 year old brown belt, a little smaller than Stark, but also owns 6 submission victories in the CWC.
Winner of Stark/Gordon vs TBA- Several possibilities depending on results
Jethro "Peckerwood" Boudreaux (350601) vs Ryan "From" Hell (351761) on 4/4/20
A great matchup here with Boudreaux and Hell. Boudreaux the 21 year old brown belt is 7-2 in grappling and 3-1 in CWC. Losing his CWC debut to Johnny "El Liberator " Bolivar (351422) he has rebounded on a 3 match win streak defeating Dela Cruz, Chai, and Pullum all by decisions. Before joining the CWC he won a silver medal at TWGC 24 D4 185 lbs tournament. Hell the 20 year old black belt made his debut defeating Dragon Li Chai (353505) by kimura submission. Depending on the winner results there could be a title match in the future.
Winner of Boudreaux/Hell vs. TBA- Several possiblities
Jaxon Bremner (355066) vs Geo Martinez (358284) on 4/11/20
Bremner was a huge signing for the CWC, coming in at 4-0 in grappling and a champion at TWGC 27 D4 145 lb tournament. His debut he won convincingly subbing top divisional grappler Johnny Bolivar by triangle armbar. The 19 year old brown belt also owns a 2-0 record in mma both by submission victories. He takes on an older grappler in Martinez who at 25 is also a brown belt who owns a 1-1 grappling record. Not much is known about him, so Bremner will need to watch out for surprises.
Winner of Bremner/Martinez vs Raven The Ravager/Dela Cruz winner
Raven The Ravager (353623) vs Art Vincent "Birador" Dela Cruz (353051) on 4/11/20
Raven won his CWC debut over Bobolo Jubbly (355526) by decision. This brown belt heavyweight is 20 years old and holds two submission mma victories as well. He takes on a CWC regular heavyweight Dela Cruz, who owns a 3-4 grappling record, but has been up and down quite a bit but does own a submission victory over Ryan Gordon who challenges for a title now.
Winner of The Ravager/Dela Cruz vs Bremner/Martinez winner
Ze Jiurgite "Rear Naked ButtChoke" (352140) vs Tom Tomson (350097) on 4/4/20
Ze Jiurgite is 7-1 all in the CWC, and also a former champion who dethroned Rodrizinho Chai (350894) for the title only to lose it in his 1st defense by submission vs "☸️" Shanti Anatta (353741). He rebounded with a decision victory over Rolf "The Phantom" Ottke (351166) in his last match. Ze Jiurgite a 20 year old brown belt will be taking on a equally impressive Tom Tomson who is a 19 year old purple belt. Tomson is 8-3 in grappling with victories over Hustler, Northwood, Dela Cruz, and Hendersons. Tomson has been really good at getting positions and sweeping to score points, not known for his submission frenzies but tries to work the positional battles. Ze Jiurgite will need to keep this in check.
Winner of Ze Jiurgite/Tomson vs TBA
"☸️" Shanti Anatta (353741) vs Sapidum Pullum (354300) on 4/4/20
Former champion Anatta is 6-4 in grappling all in the CWC. A 20 year old Zen Buddhist black belt has had two 3 match win streaks and won the title vs Ze Jiurgite only to lose it to Tony Stark in his 1st defense. Anatta is a balanced grappler who looks to counter and attack with every move, very dangerous but also can leave himself open to be swept into positions losing points. Pullum is also a 20 year old with a brown belt who is 3-2 overall and in the CWC. He had an impressive 3 match win streak defeating Adamson, O'Rourke, and Jubbly before losing by decision to Boudreaux. A win here for either will set up with another winner to try to advance back for a belt match.
Winner of Anatta/Pullum vs Winner of Bolivar/Moore
Johnny "El Liberator " Bolivar (351422) vs Tyler "Hardcore" Moore (359712) on 4/4/20
Johnny Bolivar, the big Venezuelan heavyweight looks to bounce back from a submission loss to Jaxon Bremner who cut his 3 match win streak down. The muscled up 21 year old brown belt is 9-4 in grappling with a 6-2 record in the CWC. He owns a decision victory over Jethro "Peckerwood" Boudreaux (350601). Bolivar is a dangerous heavy guy who knows how to move and control his opponents, but he has had trouble with smaller faster guys getting a quick advantage on him, but if he can control you he will make it tough on you from the top. Tyler Moore is older, and at 25 years old the 167 lb grappler is a brown belt making his debut. He is an unkown grappler as he has not competed yet in the game, but his secondaries could be dangerous for Bolivar if he is not careful. Look for the winner to get Anatta/Pullum winner and the loser to get their match loser as well.
Winner of Bolivar/Moore vs Winner of Anatta/Pullum
Rest of the group
Dragon Li Chai (353505) vs Bobolo Jubbly (355526) on 4/4/20
Rolf "The Phantom" Ottke (351166) vs "The King" Gordon Ryan Bader (351808) on 4/4/20
Donald "The Wrangler" O Rourke (352201) vs Rikiya "Samurai" Goromaru (354201) on 4/4/20
Ricky Judge (358127) vs Finn Johns (359452) on 4/4/20
Kira Yoshikage (356812) vs Killua Zoldyck (356998) on 4/4/20
Muhamad Fatih (353037) looking to match after events of 4/4/20
  • Upvote 5

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/custom_trophy/15143025639720.jpg

CORONA GRAND PRIX

OPENWEIGHT DIVISION

POOL A- 4 GRAPPLERS

POOL B- 4 GRAPPLERS

POOL PLAY RULES

EACH GRAPPLER MATCHES EACH OPPONENT IN THEIR POOL ONCE

POINTS ARE ADDED UP BASED ON RESULTS

SUBMISSION- 3 PTS

DECISION WIN- 2PTS

DECISION LOSS= - 1PT

SUBMISSION LOSS= -2PTS

TOP 2 GRAPPLERS ADVANCES FROM EACH POOL. BOTH #1 SEEDS MATCH EACH OTHER, BOTH #2 SEEDS MATCH EACH OTHER. WINNERS ADVANCE TO FINAL MATCH FOR BELT AND ONE MILLION DOLLARS IN SPONSORSHIPS.

TIEBREAKERS-

1. HEAD TO HEAD RESULTS

2. MOST SUBMISSION WINS

RULES

1. ONLY ONE GRAPPLER PER MANAGER ALLOWED

2. RANDOMIZED POOLS AFTER ALL ENTRIES ARE RECEIVED

Who is in???

BELT &

500K EACH IN SPONSORSHIPS FROM

HELLBENT (1058) & HELLS BALLS RECOVERY (5854)

DONATED BY

Chuck W94 (4966)

• Upvote 5

Group #1 POOL A

competitor #1: Shanti Anatta

competitor #2: Rodney Holzken

competitor #3: Carlos Silverio

competitor #4: Tyrano Jackson

Group #2 POOL B

competitor #1: Michael Balbus

competitor #2: Mozes Amaury

competitor #3: Dido Vicini

competitor #4: Tony Stark

Group #3 POOL C

competitor #1: Caio Barbosa

competitor #2: Denubis Majere

competitor #3: Tyrone Sparxx

competitor #4: Jesus St.Pierre

Group #4 POOL D

competitor #1: Philo Beddo

competitor #2: Matvey Pavlov

competitor #3: Felipe Feltre

competitor #4: Ibbe Ribbler

EACH POOL GRAPPLERS WILL MATCH EACH OTHER ONCE

RESULTS = POINTS

SUB - 3 PTS

DEC W- 2PTS

LOSS- 1PT

SUB L- 2PTS

TOP 2 FROM EACH POOL ADVANCE

IF A TIE

1. HEAD TO HEAD RESULT

2. MOST SUB WINS

3. LEAST SUB LOSSES

BLOCK 1

1A VS 2B

1D VS 2C

WINNERS MATCH IN SEMI FINALS

BLOCK 2

1C VS 2D

1B VS 2A

WINNER OF EACH BLOCK FOR TITLE

EACH SATURDAY- CORONA CARDS THROUGHOUT MAY

STARTS 5/2/20

EACH GRAPPLER HAS A MINIMUM OF 3 MATCHES (POOL PLAY). MAXIMUM OF 6 MATCHES IF YOU MAKE IT TO FINALS.

TOURNAMENT AFTER POOL PLAY IS SINGLE ELIMINATION.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

Whatta fight!

So close John ! I hope the fans are happy with the show !

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentaryold.php?FTID=1005362

Man that ending !!!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/13.gif
That's thirteen minutes gone in the round.
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/sub.gif
Tormenta looking for an arm triangle but it's way too loose to do anything.
Tormenta tries for a kimura but Brandon is defending well.
Tormenta is looking to finish here, going for an Americana. Brandon knows the correct defense though, so he's OK.
Tormenta controlling the position.
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/14.gif
That's fourteen minutes gone in the round.
Brandon tries to work a leg under to get back to half guard but Tormenta wriggles his own leg back out and remains in side control.
Brandon is still trying to improve position.
Brandon keeps trying to improve his position.
Tormenta is pausing for a moment. What's he doing? It looks like he's clearing his nose. Oh dude! He's shot a load of snot all down Brandon's shoulder. That is not cool.
Boooooooooooooooooooo!!! God, this has been a terrible round. Come on you two, sort yourselves out!
Brandon is not content to let Tormenta control the position.

And that's the end of the fight!
Brandon wins on points by 13 to 11.
Bubba Brandon seemed lost for words in his post fight interview but he remembered to thank his fans and directed everyone to his website.

Monsieur Camara was not very happy with the outcome and sent Tormenta to visit Brandon at the hospital for a rematch.

As you all know Brandon tore all the ligaments in his left ankle during the grueling match and this is what happened.

l8xih8y1zhc31.gif

• Upvote 1

Whatta fight!

So close John ! I hope the fans are happy with the show !

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentaryold.php?FTID=1005362

Man that ending !!!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/13.gif

That's thirteen minutes gone in the round.

Tormenta looking for an arm triangle but it's way too loose to do anything.

Tormenta tries for a kimura but Brandon is defending well.

Tormenta is looking to finish here, going for an Americana. Brandon knows the correct defense though, so he's OK.

Tormenta controlling the position.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/14.gif

That's fourteen minutes gone in the round.

Brandon tries to work a leg under to get back to half guard but Tormenta wriggles his own leg back out and remains in side control.

Brandon is still trying to improve position.

Brandon keeps trying to improve his position.

Tormenta is pausing for a moment. What's he doing? It looks like he's clearing his nose. Oh dude! He's shot a load of snot all down Brandon's shoulder. That is not cool.

Boooooooooooooooooooo!!! God, this has been a terrible round. Come on you two, sort yourselves out!

Brandon is not content to let Tormenta control the position.

And that's the end of the fight!

Brandon wins on points by 13 to 11.

Bubba Brandon seemed lost for words in his post fight interview but he remembered to thank his fans and directed everyone to his website.

Monsieur Camara was not very happy with the outcome and sent Tormenta to visit Brandon at the hospital for a rematch.

As you all know Brandon tore all the ligaments in his left ankle during the grueling match and this is what happened.

l8xih8y1zhc31.gif

It won fight of the night! I'm sure a rematch will happen down the road.

• Upvote 1

CORONA GRAND PRIX TOURNAMENT

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/custom_trophy/15143025639720.jpg

POOL PLAY 1

Group #1 POOL A

competitor #1: Shanti Anatta -3

competitor #2: Rodney Holzken 0

competitor #3: Carlos Silverio 2

competitor #4: Tyrano Jackson 5

Group #2 POOL B

competitor #1: Michael Balbus -2

competitor #2: Mozes Amaury 0

competitor #3: Dido Vicini 5

competitor #4: Tony Stark 1

Group #3 POOL C

competitor #1: Caio Barbosa -2

competitor #2: Denubis Majere 1

competitor #3: Tyrone Sparxx 5

competitor #4: Jesus St.Pierre 0

Group #4 POOL D

competitor #1: Philo Beddo -3

competitor #2: Matvey Pavlov 1

competitor #3: Felipe Feltre 2

competitor #4: Ibbe Ribbler 4

Updated after 2nd Pool Match

Today is the first of 3 pool play matches for each of the 4 groups of the 16 fighter grand prix tournament! This page will update throughout pool play for point totals.

There are 4 pools of 4 fighters each. Each fighter matches everyone in their pool once in a round robin format for the next 3 Saturdays. Each fighter will receive points based on each match result. See below.

Sub win= 3 points

Dec win = 2 points

Dec loss = - 1 point

Sub loss = -2 points

After all pool play matches, the top 2 fighters from each pool based on point totals will advance to the single elimination tournament. If there is a tie. See below.

1. HEAD TO HEAD RESULT

2. MOST SUB WINS

3. LEAST SUB LOSSES

The tournament format will consist of different blocks and seeds going at it to 1. Ensure different opponents. 2. Create diversity. See below.

BLOCK 1

1A VS 2B

1D VS 2C

BLOCK 2

1C VS 2D

1B VS 2A

WINNER OF EACH BLOCK FOR TITLE

• Upvote 3