Claymore Elite Combat

jefframrod

You should already be giving no fucks. There will ways be criticism on some level just ignore it. I hope you come back with thicker skin my man as there was no reason to take a break in the first place. Come back soon guy.

Man these Stepdads will kick you when you are down 0 fuxxx given. They even have a mod in their payroll.

It’s gonna get a lot uglier before this gets better !

WAR CEC

• Downvote 8

Well ladies and gentlemen the time has come, March 7th will mark the day for our last event END GAME. Each and every fight on the card will average at least 300 for hype/pop, i'll be updating this post when fights are booked and accepted.

Fight Card fights #9 and #10 are set in order, the rest will be adjusted as they come in.

1. Kimbo Slice vs Pierre St Georges 500 average 265 title fight

2.Malaki Fiso vs Jesus Chico Grande 455 average 145 title fight

3. Enitan Arendse vs Tud Stoddler 489 average 155 title fight

4. Chris Steve vs Joy Rones 538 average but will change after Steve's next fight, 170 title fight

5. Latrobe Arundel vs 185 Champion Coker or Bhullar

6. 205 Championship fight

7. Junior Vilson defending his openweight title vs ? highest ranked guy who will accept the fight

8. Gyukosho Fujimoto vs ?

9. Mick Murphy vs Masa Sanada 310 average

10. Brak Maugon vs Richard Kuklinsky 305 average

I'd like to thank all of you who helped make CEC the best, this isn't a shut down for good but just a break to see where we are in a few months(hopefully stronger like some have predicted and want). BUT if its worse and smaller orgs continue to struggle and are on the verge of closing shop, well we will STILL be back stronger and bigger than ever and no F$#&s will be given.

ill keep it to the point there are enough shitfest threads out there already

Man these Stepdads will kick you when you are down 0 fuxxx given. They even have a mod in their payroll.

Its gonna get a lot uglier before this gets better !

WAR CEC

Actually I disagreed with my alliance mates on this subject and supported Chuck's right to tycoon the fuck outta this game.

You can't lump an entire people in together.

giphy.gif

And i don't associate with racists...

Good day.

I SAID GOOD DAY!

• Upvote 9

I don't think you should close up mate. I really don't. Purely for the reasons that out of all the org's you bought, CEC was the only one you really wanted to get and you waited a long time for it too. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the way you've been doing things. Zero. There is an option to buy in game currency so what you were doing was completely above board as far as I'm concerned and you really shouldn't give a crap what a few people say so long as you're enjoying what you're doing.

Closing up will do absolutely nothing aside from one of the longest serving orgs not being around anymore. All the fighters will find new homes and that will be that. Someone else will take the top spot and then people will probably complain that they can't compete with them either. Let's be honest, it will likely be GAMMA (could argue they are already tied with CEC as top dog) and I would bet body parts that Mentor has more Tycoon dollars stashed away in his jets then the rest of the all other orgs combined. And why wouldn't he. He's been playing this game since 2009.

But besides that, paying out huge contracts isn't the only way to get the top stars. I firmly believe that if someone came along and went the extra mile (rankings, write ups, posters etc as well as good organisation and match making) most people would want to be a part of it in lieu of tycoon dollars. Currently none of the top orgs really do any of that. They are a bit bland. Efficient and organised but stale. You get the odd write up here and there and Mentor puts a lot of effort into his record keeping but generally they just churn out fights that people very rarely ever hear about or get to care about (I do understand that it takes a community to hype the fights though and it is lacking there also)

Anyway, sorry for the ramble. Chuck, I hope you reconsider. It's not too late!

Screen_Shot_2020-02-18_at_9.04.03_AM.png

Please do a write-up on why Camara using a multi is perfectly fine and by the rules next.

P.S. I'm aware it says selling, but obviously it applies to buying as well, as both take money away from Mikes pockets(not that he deserves any income from his recent involvement in the game, but that's a different topic).

You are freaking out because managers (some in your own alliance ) are starting to speak up and support our dear Chucky

So now you and TJ are gonna move to nuke his account ?

Those pictures from Humors showed the ugly side of unemployment lol , your lives are truly pathetic if you do this.

I make more money in a day than you do in a week, but that's irrelevant.

Chuck can't have his account nuked due to a "technicality"(the rules page states just no selling, and nothing about buying). You, however, should've had both of your accounts sent to the shredder for cheating for so long, plus for being a shit person.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I make more money in a day than you do in a week, but that's irrelevant.

Chuck can't have his account nuked due to a "technicality"(the rules page states just no selling, and nothing about buying). You, however, should've had both of your accounts sent to the shredder for cheating for so long, plus for being a shit person.

Well, there you go. You said yourself that technically Chuck has done nothing wrong.

And besides, you can't honestly tell me that you are griping because Chuck didn't line Mike's pocket?

Can’t help but feel this has derailed into a whole other issue and discussion entirely. Purpose of the thread is Org Business and I think Chuck is just aiming to give things a proper sendoff as best he can and sit on the sidelines for a bit. So we should really spotlight the event and the fact CEC has a lot of good history and contributions to the game. Gus ownership included.

• Upvote 2

Well ladies and gentlemen the time has come, March 7th will mark the day for our last event END GAME. Each and every fight on the card will average at least 300 for hype/pop, i'll be updating this post when fights are booked and accepted.

Fight Card fights #9 and #10 are set in order, the rest will be adjusted as they come in.

1. Kimbo Slice vs Pierre St Georges 500 average 265 title fight

2.Malaki Fiso vs Jesus Chico Grande 455 average 145 title fight

3. Enitan Arendse vs Tud Stoddler 489 average 155 title fight

4. Chris Steve vs Joy Rones 538 average but will change after Steve's next fight, 170 title fight

5. Latrobe Arundel vs 185 Champion Coker or Bhullar

6. 205 Championship fight

7. Junior Vilson defending his openweight title vs ? highest ranked guy who will accept the fight

8. Gyukosho Fujimoto vs ?

9. Mick Murphy vs Masa Sanada 310 average

10. Brak Maugon vs Richard Kuklinsky 305 average

I'd like to thank all of you who helped make CEC the best, this isn't a shut down for good but just a break to see where we are in a few months(hopefully stronger like some have predicted and want). BUT if its worse and smaller orgs continue to struggle and are on the verge of closing shop, well we will STILL be back stronger and bigger than ever and no F$#&s will be given.

The pile on yall did on CEC was far from civilized.

I would have liked some of the top org owners to at least try to convince CEC brass to not close like I and some of us did on and off forums.

Nobody is bitter, just seeing a really bad trend here and some really nice people leaving the game due to pile ons.

All I`m saying is to not be the ultimate hypocrite and stay silent just like when CEC needed your support.

But people are greedy and CEC was rearing to have their best year yet after winning the Super Fight League.

I`m not negative, au contraire, Chuck and I have been planning the main/co-main of the END GAME and Grumpy and I will give it to him.

Who’s to say we didn’t? Almost unanimously the other org owners didn’t want chuck to leave. I don’t post much in the forums, but definitely messaged chuck quite a bit about it back and forth and hate seeing them go

• Upvote 5

I also contacted Chuck about staying in game, technically we are competitors, however i consider Chuck as one of the few legitimate old school org owners with real pedigree. He also did a fantastic job with CEC and has been very easy to negotiate with over the years (and i am referring to all his orgs, not just CEC).

The reasoning for his disbandment are unacceptable. We first got the complaint that "there is not enough arena space to compete with CEC", so i talked to Mike to add an additional arena, then we got the complaint that "CEC is too dominant and pays too much".

If you do not like competition, play single player games on your PC and put the difficulty on ultra easy, but stop bitching like little girls. Capitalism sucks, it is not easy, deal with it, this is a tycoon game.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

The final fight card lineup will be =

Steve vs Rones, 501.92 average

Coker vs Arundel 501.45 average

Slice vs St. Georges 499 average

Arendes vs Stoddler 484 average

Grande vs Fiso 450 average

Rain vs Fujimoto 446 average

Tsuruta vs Hanagan 389 average

Vilson vs Bhullar 362 average

Murphy vs Sanada 309 average

Kuklinsky vs Maugon 303 average

The entire card will average 424 hype/pop per fight and have 7 titles on the line

Good luck to everyone and stay tuned for a write up and poster, each Of The Night award will be 100k each.

• Upvote 6

The entire card will average 424 hype/pop per fight and have 7 titles on the line

Good luck to everyone and stay tuned for a write up and poster, each Of The Night award will be 100k each.

Big event.

Main event baby :)

Alright Chuckster thanks for the email , have been really busy but was happy to get your message and very happy to main event this massive card :)

It`s gonna be me vs my mentor the Fart Master !

This was destiny and fuck da haterz :)

• Downvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1568656766VjTeY3x.gif

CEC: END GAME

(March 7th 2020 – LA Memorial Colossuseum, Los Angeles)

In business since 2009, CEC: End Game marks the end of an era.

Presenting it's final card...

MAIN EVENT - 170lbs Division – Welterweight Title Bout

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/16/16w21.jpg

Joy Rones “Stoner” (23-4-2)

vs.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15022514001714.jpg

Chris “The Revenant” Steve (36-5)

This monster card will headlined between two friendly camps consisting of champion Chris “The Revenant” Steve and challenger Joy Rones and whilst there’s unlikely to be any major pre fight shenanigans going on beforehand, once the bell sounds, all niceties are sure to be thrown out of the cage!

Chris Steve is, in this writers opinion of course, the biggest star in the whole of the tycoon universe right now. Yes, you could probably make arguments for a few other big name fighters in the game but they sure as hell don’t bring the hype or fans that this highly decorated athlete does. There is always a buzz around a Chris Steve fight no matter who the opponent though this is in no small part down to his rather controversial manager Ibrahim Camara. A former number one who has in recent times been involved in several scandals within the game, one of which cost him his eligibility for “Best Manager of the Year” at the yearly tycoon awards. An award that Camara looked to be winning handily before having his nomination revoked for irregularities though even before then, there were whispers of Russian hacking within the voting system. All in all, a rather messy affair but this is not about Mr.Camara’s business dealings within the game but about the business of CEC champion Chris Steve.

Not so long ago Steve was the #1 fighter in the game and currently is the #2 in his weight. However, it is no secret that Steve’s stock took a big hit just before this fight. Involved in the multi org open weight King of the Mountain tournament, Steve was having a tremendous run having KO’d Latka Gravas and then heavyweight Rick Piano in rounds one and two before heading into the final against Action Jackson protoge Latrobe Arundel. Though certainly not an overwhelming favourite by any stretch, many still thought that Steve had too much experience and miles under his belt to fall to such a young fighter but fall he did and in spectacular fashion too. A head kick KO a mere one minute and twenty-five seconds into the fight, Steve’s tournament came to a halt and a fifth “0” was added to his record. With the loss no doubt coming as something of a shock, Chris Steve is now tasked with preparing to defend his recently acquired CEC Welterweight title and while there is little doubt that he will be mentally prepared and on weight come the day, you have to wonder if the small time frame between the tournament final and this title defence will give any advantage to his opponent, current GAMMA welterweight champion Joy Rones?

Like Steve, Rones has only recently acquired his championship belt after defeating ageing GAMMA veteran Lao Shin a couple of weeks ago. The win was somewhat strange considering he has had probably his worst run of form in the six month prior to any other time in his career but then you probably have to factor in that Rones is a multiply time champion elsewhere. In fact, every organisation that Rones has been involved with, he has always managed to work his way up to becoming their champion. An argument could be made that previous to GAMMA, he was not fighting the very best competition around as those organisations were, by and large, considered mid-tier at best. Once he did make the move up to the big leagues however he struggled initially leading to his aforementioned poor run of form (3 wins in his last 7 fights) Still, he managed to turn things around and put together a run worthy of a title shot of which he took his chances and now stands as the GAMMA champion of 170lbs. It is this tenacity that makes him such a dangerous opponent for Steve and while there will be many that question his potential and pedigree, Joy Rones has been presented with the perfect opportunity to silence the critics and stake a claim as one of the best welterweights in the game right now.

At the time of writing, Chris Steve will have been working on getting his weight back into range of 170lbs while Rones sits comfortably around 177 already. Rones is going to be significantly lighter in this fight which could make a big impact should the fight go the distance. Another aspect of the fight which stands out is Steve’s advantage in the wrestling. Though not light years apart, at this level it is a game of margins and Steve’s elite level clinch, especially combined with the heavier weight, could spell disaster for Rones if he ends up getting drawn into fighting inside.

The bookmakers have Steve as a strong favourite and I would tend to agree with them. Rones is formidable but has just not hit the heights of his opponent though, this could definitely serve to be his coming out party. Steve will be hungry to put his tournament loss behind him and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him come out looking for the finish. Chris Steve by fourth round KO.

CO-MAIN EVENT - 185lbs Division – Middleweight Title Bout

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15367124323353.gif

Latrobe “Blast” Arundel (16-2)

vs.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14233953628691.jpg

Akeen Coker (14-6)

In the co-main event we get a glimpse into the future of the Tycoon Middleweight landscape as the winner of the King of the Mountain tournament Latrobe Arundel challenges for the CEC title against champion Akeen Coker.

Akeen Coker is managed by long time veteran Louie DePalma who, despite being involved in the game for many years now, has never quite managed to reach the coveted #1 spot. Still, under DePalma, Coker has managed to build quite a career for himself already and now looks to be really coming into his prime. A recent signing to CEC after spending his early years developing on the ID restricted leagues, it didn’t take him long at all to capture the championship gold here when he devastated champion Arjan Bhullar by first round KO on new years eve 2019. From there a super fight against Pulse champion Snot Slurper in which Coker lost to the far more experienced fighter by third round KO and then a rematch against Bhullar for his first title defence. If there was any question as to the legitimacy of Coker’s win in their first go around, the result of their rematch certainly put it to rest. A slick armbar submission in just over thirty seconds put Coker on the map and also at his highest p4p rank of #3. At End Game, Coker faces by far his most intense fight to date. Not necessarily the hardest as Coker has fought tough fights before but this showdown is special and far more meaningful. Against a slightly younger prodigy who’s name is spoken in even higher regard than his own, there can be no excuses or safety net for failure. Make no mistake, Coker is the champion but he is also the heavy underdog. No doubt an infuriating but very motivating situation to be in. He is an exceptional talent in his own right with potential far exceeding that of the majority of others who started around the same time but at CEC End Game, Coker will face a fighter who is expected to be even better than he.

Latrobe “Blast” Arundel’s first fight in MMA was a loss. One of only two in his young career it still serves as a strong reminder that he is not unbeatable. After that loss however came a spree of utter destruction that is very rarely seen. Thirteen straight KO’s in a row, the vast majority of which came in the first round, Arundel certainly lives up to his nickname and it was only when he took the massive step up in competition for the King of the Mountain tournament did he ever go the distance with anyone. That tournament put Arundel on the map with some huge names involved from the start. In the first round, Arundel bested EFC light-heavyweight champion Antonio Mauricio DeSilva by decision. An elite striker managed by former #1 Bradley Burns, Arundel managed to navigate his way past the dangerous hands and feet of DeSilva and won a comfortable but hard fought match up. The win put him on a collision course with Pride light-heavyweight champion and former #1 p4p fighter Akoni Gray. Gray has a huge name in the Tycoon world as does his manager Billy Arseworth but Arundel took it all in his stride and once again managed to pip him to a unanimous judges decision. It was a tougher fight than against DeSilva but a massive scalp for the 26 year old Baltimore resident. From there he went on to the final against superstar Chris Steve and shocked the tycoon world when he KO’d him inside of two minutes of the first round. The biggest win of his career but another opportunity to outdo himself further as he takes a shot at the CEC Middleweight Title, an opportunity he will not get again as the end of CEC approaches. An opportunity to go down in history as the last champion of the division.

This will be the first time that these two young fighters will meet but I have a feeling that it is only just the beginning of a fierce rivalry. It’s also not often that the challenger is the favourite over the champion but this is definitely the situation we have here. Arundel is on a run that far surpasses anything Coker has done so far and the level of competition Arundel has just beaten puts Coker’s under the sporlight. Arundel is on top of the world right now and that must make Coker furious. Coker is the champion here. Coker has worked his way up just like Arundel but coming into this fight he must feel as though he is not getting the respect that he has earned.

Looking at the stats we can see that Latrobe is by far the more prolific knock out artist but then that’s not really a surprise here at all. He will have small advantages in almost every area of the stand up game and likely in the clinch too which begs the question, just how could Coker possibly win this one? He has been KO’d four times out of his six losses and Arundel puts people to sleep for fun. Surely standing is going to be a bad idea for him? This leads us to the glaring hole in Arundel’s game, if you could call it that at all. Coker is a BJJ Black Belt and has picked up a few submission wins in his time and at a high level. Arundel is only a Brown Belt and both of his two losses have come by submission though they were at the early point of his career. Could this be something Coker could exploit? It would take a perfectly executed game plan to pull it off but what an outcome that would be for the champion. You have to wonder if Arundel is concerned about this himself and will be more conservative in his efforts here or whether he has full confidence in his striking to just come out guns blazing.

Whatever the result of this fight, you have to believe that you will be witnessing the future of the MMATycoon Middleweight division for a long time to come.

Fight 8 - 265lbs Division – Heavyweight Title Bout

Kimbo “Dark Killer” Slice (40-8-1)

vs.

Pierre “Crush” St. Georges (27-12)

What an incredible fight this one looks to be folks. Kimbo Slice, a mainstay and multiple times champion of Synchronicity and now most recently, the heavyweight champion of Claymore Elite Combat takes on Pierre St. Georges who very fleetingly held the CEC heavyweight strap himself back in 2018.

First lets take a look at the champion Slice. A former number one in both his weight and p4p, Slice has racked up 40 professional wins since getting his start back in 2016 and 36 of those have been by devastating KO. Truly an experienced veteran of his craft, when Slice steps into the cage to defend his belt on March 7th, it will mark the 50th time of doing so.

Much of his career has been about winning with very little in the way of slump periods to speak of. Within his first year of fighting he had already racked up multiple championship belts in various orgs which drew the attention of the big boys and a contract offer came in from Syn. It was there that Slice really began to make his name known and you could definitely pin point the turning point into legit stardom as his win over the highly respected Chris Karter product Kajun “Pinoy Savage” Puno.

Slice has been a loyal servant of the Synchronicity organisation where he has spent the vast majority of his career so it was no doubt a big decision and gamble in moving over to CEC. So far it looks to have been a sound decision and snatching up the CEC heavyweight belt at the start of 2020 only further cements his place as an all time great in the Tycoonsphere. Now, in CEC’s final event, Slice will have an opportunity to be immortalised as it’s last 265lbs champion.

The man who will stand across the cage from Slice will be Pierre “Crush” St. Georges who CEC fans will remember very briefly holding the heavyweight title back in early 2018. Another big hitter like Slice, St.Georges has fought in all of the big organisations in the game and has usually made a good account of himself though hasn’t had anywhere near the success that Slice has. That’s not to say that he doesn’t deserve this shot, definitely not no. St.Georges recent form has been quite impressive indeed and you’d have to go back to his early days in Primal Fear where he got his start to find a similar run of form.

St. Georges will be coming into this fight on a six fight win streak. Three fights in the London based Cage Fighting Championship which saw him instantly capture and hold their heavyweight title and then three in his return to CEC where he has mowed down everyone he has faced, including Brak Maugen and Super Heavyweight. Six fights and all finished by KO, four of which came in the first round. It is this form that has pushed St.Georges up to #6 in the world rankings for his weight class and it is this form that has landed him this marquee spot against such a well known opponent. An opportunity to cap off a perfect run since returning to CEC and a huge chance to usurp it’s heavyweight crown.

As always at this level, things are razor close in terms of skills and abilities and to really make a solid prediction we would need to look much closer at the finer details.

Slice is the more experienced and by far the more decorated. St.Georges has had his moments but nothing like the spotlight that Slice has seemingly always walked within. Both are phenomenal knock out artists though while Slice has some 10 KO’s more to his name, St.Georges has the slightly better percentage in that area.

In terms of losses, this is where it becomes much easier to determine a favourite. Whilst both have lost and have even been stopped, it is St.Georges that has the far more suspect chin. Slice has only ever been finished four times in his almost fifty fights whereas St.Georges has been knocked in ten. This is a staggering 83% of his overall 12 losses which is certainly a worrying factor for him given his opponents track record of both KO prowess and durability.

At 35 (Slice) and 36 years old (St.Georges) both fighters are clearly reaching the end of their physical primes. Even if they could squeeze out another couple of years they would surely be battling father time as well whoever is put in front of them. Everyone will have their opinion about who is the better fighter but for me, Slice will not be denied his place in history and this could be the perfect end to his story.

My prediction. A KO finish for the champion in his CEC farewell fight.

Fight 7 - 155lbs Division – Lightweight Title Bout

Enitan “The Eagle” Arendse (29-2)

vs.

Tud “The Diddler” Stoddler (23-5)

One of the most anticipated Lightweight bouts of recent times pits CEC champion Enitan “The Eagle” Arendse against RISE champion Tud “The Diddler” Stoddler and honestly, this could easily be the best fight of the entire card.

Enitan “The Eagle” Arendse is a highly winning and rarely beaten warrior managed by perhaps one of the best unheralded managers in the game right now, Silent Bob. With a record of 29-2, the thirty year old South African has practically only ever known success and that is evidenced by the many belts he has held from various orgs, the CEC lightweight belt included. Getting a very brief start under legendary manager Shiv Redux that saw him test the waters of KT, Arendse was taken under the wing of Mr.Bob and has continued to prosper since. Spending practically the first half of his career at OG Cardinals Fighting Org, Arendse began to make his name and soon became their 155lbs champion. After the closure of the org he moved on to Empire and once again it wasn’t long before he was crowned champion after defeating Abdel Mumu. Arendse didn’t spend as long at this org and left soon after his first ever defeat, a decision loss in a rematch with Mumu. The loss hurt his stock not one bit and the big bucks of CEC came calling, luring him over to the major leagues. Rebounding instantly in his first fight, Arendse was given a title shot soon after and, as if to be expected, snatched up the belt to began his third reign as champion in as many orgs. Since then Arendse has gone on to successfully defend CEC’s brand in super fights across renowned organisations like Syn and Gamma as well as defend his belt in his home org. Long standing rivalries with Atte Savitaipale and Kongchai Phetboonme have been a particular highlight for Arendse and have helped him soar into the #1 ranking worldwide for his weight and #5 overall p4p. Currently on a six fight winning streak Enitan faces a new challenge and a fighter of whom he has yet to cross paths, Tud Stoddler.

I had the pleasure of inducting Stoddler into the RISE hall of fame not so long ago and have been following his career for a while before. A long time veteran of RISE where he has been the on and off champion several times since joining and all under different management, Stoddler is currently in the best form of his career. On a winning streak spanning eight fights, it is a run that saw him capture the RISE lightweight title for the forth time and defend it a further four, destroying some of the best fighters at his ID range along the way. Stoddler was able to abscond from his contractual obligations at RISE when it was taken over by new management. They changed the name above the door, went out for lunch and then never came back. Perhaps sensing the writing on the wall for this once great ID org, Stoddler took his leave and was quickly picked up by CEC and thrust instantly into the toughest fight of his career so far. There is always scrutiny when a fighter leaves the comfort of the ID leagues with all eyes watching to see how they handle the step up in competition. This is precisely where Stoddler finds himself now and many will be tuning in to see if he is the real deal or rather just a big fish in a little pond.

The tale of the tape reveals a few things to us, the most instantly obvious of which being that Stoddler will be the signifcantly bigger than Arendse. Ten pounds heavier and some ten centimetres taller, Stoddler will definitely have the edge in reach and perhaps in the wrestling where everything else looks to be equal. Arendse does have a slight advantage in Muay Thai which could prove bothersome to Stoddler who has suffered a few KO losses in his time. Perhaps the most interesting aspect of all however is the way in which Arendse has defeated his opponent during his career. In stark contrast to all the power hitters and highlight reel champions, Arendse instead likes to take his opponents out into deep water and then drown them. With cardio for days, he has managed to decision 23 out of 30 opponents in this manner and then KO the rest. All the while never suffering a finish loss himself. These statistics will be both a relief and a source of worry to Stoddler who knows he has some serious power in his hands. Whilst he may not have to worry too much about getting stopped himself he will surely have to wonder whether he can KO a man who has never been KO’d? And if he cant? You would most definitely have to believe that Arendse would come out on top if the fight should go the distance. All this and coupled with the fact that Stoddler’s management team have been slipping down the rankings of late and you might just have to side with the bookies take that Arendse will be victorious in this one

Fight 6 - 145lbs Division – Featherweight Title Bout

“La Bestia” Jesus Chico Grande (38-10-1)

vs.

The Samoan Scrapper” Malaki Fiso (15-6)

Experience versus youth will be the theme of this Featherweight Title fight as CEC veteran Jesus Chico Grande takes on former Skrap and Budokai champion Malaki Fiso.

At 39 years of age, Jesus Chico Grande will be the oldest competitor on the card and if it wasn’t for his exceptional and consistent run of great form, you would be forgiven for thinking that he must be coming close to retirement. His performances in CEC have been noteworthy and it would almost be fitting so see him go down as the last CEC featherweight champion especially considering he has been a loyal and long time champion here since joining the league in May 2018. Before joining however he had a superb early run over at the now defunct KAMIKAZE organisation out of Tokyo where he dominated the lower weight classes and captured the 135, 145 & 155lb belts.

With a record of 38-10-1, Grande certainly has experience on his side but at CEC End Game he will face a younger, hungry up and comer in Malaki Fiso and Fiso will likely not share the sentiment that Grande should be it’s last champion.

Malaki Fiso hadn’t even gotten started in the game when Jesus Chico Grande joined up with CEC and at 26 years old, is still considered a youngster in the MMATycoon world. Getting his start at Budokai Fighting Federation, it wasn’t long before Fiso had his first taste of success when he defeated Mike Hunt for the title in only his third professional fight. The title reign was short lived however and though Fiso remained with BFF for some time after, he was never quite able to keep consistant enough to earn another short. Moving on to Skrap, Fiso found that form once again and was shortly afterwards crowned champion. A short on and off again reign, Fiso left the org as champion when the league was dissolved and was signed to a bumper deal at CEC. A step up in competition in his opening bout against the more experienced Rap Tori and then a dominating performance against another Budokai champion in Vadim Golovkin, these big results have earned Fiso the biggest opportunity of his young career and some believe that he is perfectly primed to dismiss the old guard of CEC’s featherweight division.

This could be a tough fight for Grande and certainly one in which he has a lot to lose. Though it can’t be argued that Fiso has earned a shot at the title, some do question whether he is deserving of facing off against the #3 p4p in the world and #1 in his weight class. Grande is one of the best in the game whereas Fiso is only just starting to come up and would have a long, long way to go before he is on par with the champion. This could certainly be considered a shortcut but then what can Fiso do? He is a fighter and he fights who is put in front of him. The contract is set and the fight is signed so why waste energy on irrelevant things?

Grande is an elite striker and whilst not the biggest hitter in the game, he has his fair share of KO victories. Generally though, he is more likely to just be content picking apart his opponent and if the finish comes, it comes. Fiso in comparison has only one KO in 15 wins but then that is not his game at all. A Black Belt in BJJ, Fiso will have a big advantage on the ground and has a decent amount of submission wins to his name. Most interesting however is that it is never Fiso who goes hunting in that regard but instead those subs have come as punishment for those that take him down. Grande is almost guaranteed not to do such a thing but you have to wonder if on this occasion we will see Fiso attempt to get the fight on the floor where he could give the purple belt fits.

Grande is the heavy favourite at the bookies but I have a feeling Fiso might be worth a bet here. Grande is an elite level fighter but he is in the twilight years of his career and Fiso has never been knocked out. Still, Grande has a lot to fight for in this one not least of all to protect his legacy as CEC’s greatest and longest serving champion. He just better hope that Fiso get’s the memo.

Fight 5 - 265lbs Division

Heavy Rain (25-10)

vs.

Gyukosho “Fujizilla” Fujimoto (24-7)

Next up, a heavyweight bout between Hong Kong native Heavy Rain and Japanese banger Gyukosho Fujimoto.

Heavy Rain didn’t really start to hit prominence until much later in his career. He had a shot a title in some obscure lower ranking organisation early on but it wasn’t until two years later than he would find the same opportunity again. In between that time, Rain worked hard to build up his skills and reputation with his most notable run happening over at DARE. Despite a 6-1 record, a title shot was never forthcoming and Rain decided to move on and make a step up in competition by joining CEC where he has remained until this day. I think it would be fair to say that Rain hasn’t had things all his own way in the CEC heavyweight division with many more losses starting to crop up on his record but at least he can say that it has been against the best competition around. The fact that he was also up until recently the heavyweight champion speaks volumes as to the level he is capable of performing at. At 32 years of age, Rain is only just entering his prime and guided by a current top 20 manager you get the impression that he could be a major player wherever he ends up after this event.

Challenging the CEC man however will be Inferno Heavyweight champion Gyukosho Fujimoto who I have had the pleasure of watching grow since his time in the now defunct Iron Man Fight Club’s project division. Like Rain, Fujimoto has had some great runs in various organisations but most notably over at TAFC where he became their heavyweight champion soon after joining. A fairly long spell at Sydney Fights before that, Fujimoto has really started to come of age since joining the big leagues of Inferno (formerly Pride) where he defeated Link Geatz to pick up his second title in as many orgs. He has managed two defences since then and now looks a force to be reckoned with within in their heavyweight division. Tonight at CEC End Game he will be very much the invading force as he looks to score a win over a former CEC champion in Heavy Rain.

On paper things look to be fairly straightforward. This is almost guaranteed to be a stand up war even though Fujimoto has a sizeable advantage on the ground. It’s not an area he usually dabbles in and so I think we can be pretty safe in our prediction that this one plays out on the feet. Rain will have quite a height advantage over Fujimoto which could be a factor when it comes to landed strikes. Both have suffered their share of KO losses but it is Fujimoto who is by far the more capable knockout artist. With a 96% percentage KO to win ratio, Fujimoto has the power in his hands to end this one quick so Rain will definitely need to have his defence on point if he is to avoid such a fate.

The bookies have Rain as the slight underdog and once again I think I would tend to agree with them. It is a good fight and should be competitive but overall I would have to bet on Fujimoto getting the KO victory at some point. Second or third round would be my prediction

Fight 4 - 205lbs Division – Light-Heavyweight Title Bout

Tomosi Tsuruta (20-7)

vs.

Charley “Cro-Mag” Hanagan (22-17)

This one is going to be crazy! A rematch for the CEC light-heavyweight title with defending champion Tomosi Tsuruta taking on Charley Hanagan.

Tomomi Tsuruta is perhaps another highly skilled fighter at the top of his game that just hasn’t really received the exposure that he deserves. Managed by long time veteran of the game, Ken Takahashi, Tsuruta is just now coming into his prime and his performances at the top level have very much proven this. He is a former #1 in his weight class (current #6) and since joining CEC midway through last year, he has battled his way up their light-heavyweight ranks before capturing the title in November. With only a slight setback against GAMMA light-heavyweight champion Foot Fungus in recent times, Tsuruta has been in tremendous form and now gets the opportunity to go down as the last champion in one of the longest serving organisations in the game. To do that however, he will need once again defeat his final challenger, Charly Hanagan.

In a world full of stand and wang, Charley Hanagan is a revelation. A red belt in BJJ and grappler extraordinaire, he has made a career out of an aggressive submission hunting style and he has managed to do so somewhat consistently and at an elite level. Starting his journey at Steel Penn ICON out of Hilo, Hanagan got of to an exemplary start managing to rack up five submission victories in a row before suffering his first defeat in a well earned title fight. From there he bounced around a few different orgs doing his thing but not quite able to replicate the form displayed at the beginning of his career. Things started to look as though they were falling into place again upon joining GAMMA: Contenders, the GAMMA developmental league where he captured the light-heavyweight title before getting the call to the big leagues. His time at GAMMA however was a disaster and Hanagan failed to pick up even a single win against the stiffer competition. With his chin having let him down so many times, I’m sure retirement was at the back of his mind. Luckily, that didn’t happen and Hanagan found his form once more after being offered a life line at CEC. There Hanagan put together a solid enough run to be offered a chance at the title and his opponent tonight. Things didn’t go his way in that one despite doing well early on and the match ended by a TKO in the third. Hanagan now gets another shot to get things right and what a result it would be if he could pull it off.

You’ll not find many better on the feet than Tomomi Tsuruta. He is as elite as that come in all areas of the stand up game and has already proven himself over Hanagan not so long ago. For either fighter, the game plan will remain much the same as before with Tsuruta hoping to repeat the result and Hanagan looking to keep the fight where he is most comfortable; on the ground. It’s no secret that Hanagan doesn’t have the sturdiest of chins and in truth, he never has done. He is also somewhat fortunate that Tsuruta isn’t the fiercest KO artist out there but still, the last loss must play on his mind coming into this fight and the fact that he is down as a heavy underdog says it all. I will be rooting for him as someone trying to do something a little different in the Tycoon world but my head says that the end result will be very much like the first

Fight 3 - 265+lbs Division (Catch Weight) – Super-Heavyweight Title Bout

Junior “Tarantula” Vilson (30-6-3)

vs.

Arjan Bhullar (29-13-1)

A special attraction up next with natural flyweight Junior Vilson taking on middleweight Arjan Bhullar in a catchweight showdown for Vilson’s Openweight Title.

Junior Vilson is in something of a second phase of his MMA career. After a very successful early run under different management which saw him dominate both the Bushido and DARE featherweight and lightweight divisions respectively, he decided to go in a change things up and signed with former #1 manager Blake Phoenix. With Phoenix, he joined CEC part way through 2019 and from there he has remained, a strong part of their featherweight division and up until recently, it’s champion. Over the course of his career he has fought some incredible competition and holds wins over the likes of Koh Ibu and most famously p4p #1 Freidrich Alzheimer twice. It was Alzheimer that he originally defeated to capture the Openweight belt that he will be defending here and it was that fight that really put him on the map and catapulted him as high as #2 in the p4p ranks. Though Vilson would probably rather be known for his accolades at featherweight, it is for the CEC openweight division that he will have the opportunity to be remembered here.

His opponent will be former Middleweight champion Arjan Bhullar who will be looking to leave CEC with a bang after a failed attempt to recapture his title previously.

Bullar is another fighter who had a fairly successful run under previous management before joining up in CEC. He spent the beginnings of his career fighting at Heavyweight under the MMA Gladiators banner out of New York. There he managed a record of 6-4-1 which included an unsuccessful shot at the title before moving on to the OG Cardinals Fighting Organisation. It was there that Bhullar had his first real run of success after changing management, going on to spend the best part of 2018 dominating their heavyweight division as champion. His final fight there was a crushing KO victory over former CEC heavyweight champion Brak Maugon before he wound up in his current residence of Claymore Elite Combat. Upon arrival, it took Bhullar a little time to adjust and after some very up and down performances he made the best decision of his career and made the move down to Middleweight. The impact was almost instant and after a strong showing in his debut fight he was offered a shot at Edward Stoker for the title. Bhullar was victorious in his attempt and went on to defend a further three times before losing to Akeen Coker. Bhullar was able to angle himself a return shot soon after but once again fell short which brings us to now.

An intriguing match up with the former heavyweight Bhullar putting his ground and pound centric wrestling up against the stick and move style of a fighter who could very easily make straw weight. Vilson is very tall for such a light fighter and is actually a couple of inches taller than Bhullar who will outweigh him by some 50lbs come fight time. Vilson isn’t much of a banger so I can only imagine the fight resembling something of a bull fight but Bhullar as the charging beast and Vilson and the nimble footed matador trying desperately to avoid being gored. It certainly wouldn’t look pretty if Bhullar was able to get this fight to the ground nor, in truth, is it certain that he would want to. Bhullar is just as capable a striker and might feel as though he could finish the fight standing rather than waste energy trying to catch the smaller man. Either way, it certainly looks as the Bhullar has more options overall.

The bookies have Vilson as the slight favourite but this is one that I would disagree with. Bhullar is bigger, stronger and the more well rounded of the two. I expect to see Vilson struggle with the ground game and in the end succumb to Bhullars patented ground and pound.

Fight 2 - 265lbs Division

Brak “Souleater” Maugon (25-9)

vs.

“The Cuckold” Richard Kuklinsky (28-14)

Next up, a heavyweight bout between two very highly skilled warriors in Brak “Souleater” Maugon and “The Cuckold” Richard Kuklinksy

These two fighters will be very well known to the CEC crowd as both have been around quite a while now and have both have also at various times held the heavyweight strap.

Brak Maugon got his start in the game under different management and even from that early time looked as though he was destined for big things. A staple of the old KnockOut FC org in Las Vegas where he amassed a 9-2 record, Maugon parted ways with his mentor and was fortunate enough to join up with former #1 manager Bwang Jong Sr. Their partnership led to Maugon capturing the CEC heavyweight title in March of last year but since losing it to Alistair Spong at CEC 655 his form has been somewhat shaky and in truth, you really do get the feeling that Maugon is not living up to his full potential. 3-2 in his last five fights, Maugon will be hoping to impress in this one. Knowing that the vultures will be circling the last ever CEC card, a big result could mean more leverage for whoever comes a knocking when this is all said and done.

His opponent will be the rather unique Richard Kuklinsky who has been a mainstay of CEC’s heavyweight division since April of 2018. Kuklinsky is another fighter who had great early success under a different manager where he went 10-1 before being picked up by a former #1 in Bradley Burns and joining CEC. Since that time, I think it would be fair to say that his tenure here has been somewhat middling. Though highly skilled and with a large voracious LBGQT following, Kuklinsky could possibly be the most capable gatekeeper ever seen in Tycoon history and most likely a dominant champion anywhere else outside of the big three orgs. Not to discredit the man however, it must be noted that Kuklinsky had a great run of form midway through last year which actually saw him capture and defend the belt a few times before losing it to Diarmuid Curry at CEC 684. He had another shot shortly after but was defeated by the champion Kimbo Slice which just about brings us up to speed.

At 38 years of age, Kuklinsky is certainly in the twilight years of his MMA career whereas Maugon is only just coming into his prime at 32. Whether that will have any bearing on the actual fight it is hard to say as both are exceptionally skilled fighters and look to be in excellent shape. The biggest consideration however would be that Maugon has already defeated Kuklinsky twice before and both by third round knockout. It would be difficult to believe that anything could be drastically different this time around if it wasn’t for the fact that Kuklinsky had his best recent run of form after those loses. Still, the smart money would be on Maudog to get the KO finish once again and that’s exactly what I think will happen. Maudog by KO in the third.

Fight 1 - 170lbs Division

Masa Sanada (28-9-3)

vs.

Mick “Money Weight” Murphy (29-10)

Our first bout of the evening, former CEC welterweight champion Masa Sanada takes on Mick Murphy in what will be their first ever meeting.

Masa Sanada had an absolute storming start to his MMA career when he quickly went 12-0 in various orgs before suffering his first defeat in a title fight at MMAHelksinki. Shortly afterwards, he had attracted the attention of Synchonicity where he spent a good portion of his career as part of their 170lbs division. At Syn he was good enough to challenge for the title on two occasions but always seem to come up short against the champion Orlando Diggs. Sensing a change of scenery necessary to jump start his career, Sanada moved over to CEC where he was instantly rewarded with a title shot against then champion Desmond Glass. Sanada won by KO in the second round and went on to be a solid champion, managing to hold on to the belt for several month whilst simultaneously testing himself in super fights in such orgs as GAMMA and Pride. It was only until he faced Welterweight superstar Chris “The Revenant” Steve at CEC Birthday Bash 2 that Sanada dropped the title and for the first time ever then lost a second fight in a row. Now at 28-9-3, Sanada faces a fresh challenge in Mick Murphy

Murphy, managed by former #1 Blake Phoenix, will be making his first and last appearance in CEC when he steps in the cage against Sanada. Making a name for himself early on at KOFC, Murphy had tremendous success capturing three title in three different weight classes. From there, Murphy fought for numerous different organisations but it wasn’t until he reached SYN’s shores that he was really taken seriously. Murphy found the step up in competition a challenge but it was something he certainly rose up to going on to jocky for the top spot over the course of 2019. Once again a three weight champion this time in SYN, Murphy is surely one of the most adaptable champions seen in recent times.

This one should be interesting as two fighters in their primes who have yet to cross paths, both former #1 p4p in their weights and both fighting at championship level in the highest reaches of the game.

Sanada will be slightly smaller and quite a bit shorter meaning that he will have to deal with the superior reach of Murphy. Sanada has lost quite a few times by decision whereas Murphy has a reputation for outworking his opponents rather than finishing them. This could be a significant factor in this fight is actually what I would predict happening here. A decision win for Murphy.

That being said, Sanada can bang and can never be overlooked. A slightly better ground game and the more well regarded in terms of hype and popularity, Sanada certainly has more to lose than Murphy here.

• Upvote 13