DayZ stand-alone

Beck

Hey guys,

Does anyone play the game DayZ?? I have played the mod, and have had the stand-alone game since it came out, but I haven't played it all that much.

So was wondering if some of the MMAT Community plays the game and would be up to play it online and get a big group going on a server.

The game still is in 'alpha', so its being developt still. However, I have had a lot of fun playing the game and the last time I played it was roughly in April, since then there have been a bunch more updates to improve the game and I have heard that vehicles should be added soon too.

For those who do not know much about the game, i would suggest a google search :) But is a pretty hardcore zombie game, that if your character dies you lose everything you have gathered and have to start over. Not only do you play against the weather, your needs for food/water, zombies, but also other players. Hence playing in a bigger group is best for your survival chances as majority of people are dicks and shoot on sight to loot your gear.

Here is a clip to basically show you what its about

• Upvote 2

I played the mod and had quite a bit of fun with it. It's definitely a frustrating game because almost everyone kills you on sight. I got to be the same way thinking "if you can't beat me, join em". So much time is wasted just wandering aimlessly looking for gear, only to lose it all in a split second LOL! It can really get the heart rate going whenever you encounter another player, even though it's fruatrating I always liked that adrenaline rush 'kill or be killed' feeling of the game.

I wouldn't mind buying the stand alone but can't bring myself to spend 30 bucks on a game in alpha.

• Upvote 1

Haha yeah, the frustration is defianetly there. But as you say, its quite exciting when you encounter someone, and hopefully you'll end up being the one walking away.

I share the same motto though with DayZ; kill or be killed. It has been that way since the mods days too. I had so many great moments in that with some friends as I did alone in the stand-alone. Not long ago, I came across 2 guys armed to the teeth and I just had my crappy M4 with 30 rounds.. Took them both out and had the finest gear next, only to be shot by a sniper 30 minutes later when going in to a city (Elektro) to get loot haha

I played a little yesterday, but its pretty nerve wrecking to play alone haha. I like to play on busy servers, because I do want to come across other people, BUT , the more people the higher the chance is I get killed and I would hate to start over from scratch at this point. I usually wait till night time to go into the army locations to look for weapons. I got a flashlight but I dont like to use it... it gives you away so quick.. And others too, soo I have seen a few walking around and tried to set up an ambush, only to realise they are with a group of 5 and I just remained hidden haha.

You can hire your own servers, I am not sure if you can set up one via your own computer. But once you got your own server you got admin powers and are able to password it I believe, if not that, you still got the power to kick anyone who joins your server so you can just host for your friends.

You can pick what servers you play on, so you can choose to join an empty server, or one closer to the max limit of 40 players. The map is huge, so 40 players IMO is still a bit low. However, if you get to the cities or other big loot places, it can get pretty crazy really quick with 40 players around. This one time I got stuck in a battle with a buddy in a city, and there were at least 3 other groups around all fighting each other. Crazy stuff, but lots of fun

Must of felt awesome killing 2 of them though :D

Haha, oh yes it did :D

Played for a little bit afterward and got some decent gear. But my looks went from intimidating to not so intimidating, haha.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff495/UntouchGFX/DayZ/221100_screenshots_2014-08-12_00006_zps295f01cb.jpg

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff495/UntouchGFX/DayZ/221100_screenshots_2014-08-12_00007_zpsc1dd9556.jpg

Brown checkered jacket with matching hat, and schoolboy backpack :shades: haha. Got the fire axe again and a CR527 Carbine with no ammo..

I found ammo for other weapons and might swap the gun eventually, though I would like to try this, or any bolt action rifle with a scope.

For all weapons in the game currenty, you can look here: http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Weapons

How's the stand alone game for hackers? Hackers were pretty rampant in the mod and is the main reason I stopped playing. It was getting out of control but sometimes you could avoid it by joining a community with a private server. Speaking of which, how does the stand alone version work as far as servers go?

Apparently this will be coming out for PS4 which is pretty cool :)

What about the xbox 1???

Only PS4 apparently :) And I am a bit annoyed about it lol, wish they would just focus on finishing the PC version!! Haha

How's the stand alone game for hackers? Hackers were pretty rampant in the mod and is the main reason I stopped playing. It was getting out of control but sometimes you could avoid it by joining a community with a private server. Speaking of which, how does the stand alone version work as far as servers go?

I have not encountered anyhackers, but I am sure there are exploits in the game and hacks, but I never looked into that to know what is out there.

As for servers, I posted about that on the first page, but here is what i posted:

You can hire your own servers, I am not sure if you can set up one via your own computer. But once you got your own server you got admin powers and are able to password it I believe, if not that, you still got the power to kick anyone who joins your server so you can just host for your friends.

You can pick what servers you play on, so you can choose to join an empty server, or one closer to the max limit of 40 players. The map is huge, so 40 players IMO is still a bit low. However, if you get to the cities or other big loot places, it can get pretty crazy really quick with 40 players around.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/241p3pu.jpg

I had luck with some loot, got back my camoflage and got the SKS rifle. I went with that because I couldn't get a clip for the other rifle, but have 1 clip of 10 rounds on the SKS and plenty of ammo to chamber myself. Also got a silenced handgun. Got some meds, some anti-poison tablets etc. etc. Which are good because this one time.. I accidentally drank some disinfection spray and I sorta poisoned myself... Oh DayZ :P

I had a bad spawn though, and had to walk ages to get to the military spots. But after playing for a long time on this map, both Arma 2 and the DayZ mod for that, I know my way around :) Anyways, I'll stop posting pics for a while :P