JLP

Harris vs Uusisto

Hale vs Beast

Teimosa vs Thrul

Hall vs Crash

Nikitin vs Flay

Gutz vs Boris

DeVanzo vs Grice

I'll do a little review/next week preview when i get home tomorrow. Sorry for missing last week, I changed every component of my truck's emissions system last week and still have a CEL. I finally admitted defeat and took it to a mechanic. I'm expecting a leak in the vacuum hoses or an electrical problem.

Rankings are updated and fight offers sent.

1. Artie DeVanzo 5

4. Alexandr Nikitin 4

Cormac Gutz 4

Hilton Teimosia 4

8. Boris Gregorovitsj 3

Jurmas Uusisto 3

Bastien Harris 3

Billy Beast

12. Aznar Thrul 2

Brandon Hale 2

Gary Grice 2

Tantalus Flay 2
13. Dickie Crash 1

14. Justin Hall 0

EPL 8 Week 4 Rundown

Week 4 saw the EPL fighters are embrace the grind. All but one fight went to decision, the sole finisher was Jurmas Uusisto. Uusisto dispatched the injured Bastien Harris in just 25 seconds with a head kick and follow up punches. Harris will still be less than 100% when he matches up with Brandon Hale in the next round.

Hale lost a rather ugly fight to the surging Billy Beast. Beast has bounced back from two disappointing performances to start the tournament to get himself right back into contention. In round 4 he used his dangerous boxing game and slick defensive grappling to edge out Hale by decision. Next week Beast takes on Dickie Crash.

Crash finally got a point in EPL competition by defeating Justin Hall in a close fight. Crash edged out the striking and thwarted Hall's ground game enough to get the judges nod. Hall remains winless in season 8 and needs to get back on track quickly if he wants to qualify for the playoffs. He faces a tough veteran next week in Boris Gregorsvitsji.

Boris lost a tough fight to Cormac Gutz in week 4. Gutz mixed up his game well and used volume striking and a well timed takedown to take the decision. Gutz was knocked down twice and rocked, but the experienced veteran showed great heart and savvy to stay in the fight and survive to the bell. Next round Gutz takes on front runner Artie DeVanzo.

DeVanzo had a disappointing performance in week 4. Gary Grice clipped him early and dropped a rocked DeVanzo to the mat. Artie survived that scare, but was unable to ever really get back into the fight after that point. Grice outstruck him pretty decisively and defended himself well when DeVanzo managed to get the fight back to the ground. Grice has been alternating wins and losses and will look to buck that trend next round vs Alexandr Nikitin.

Nikitin has dropped back to back fights after opening with consecutive victories. He lost in round 4 to the veteran grappler, Tantalus Flay. Flay showed no fear of the red belts dangerous submission grappling, taking Nikitin down early and smothering him. Flay outstruck Nikitin when the fight was on the feet and was never in danger on the ground. A pretty dominant performance for Flay who takes on Hilton Teimosa next round.

Teimosa used a strong clinch game to defeat Aznar Thrul in another close fight. Thrul was winning the stand up early before moving into the clinch around the three minute mark. The two combatants spent the rest of the fight grinding it out there with Teimosa getting the better of the dirty boxing fest. Thrul will look to bounce back next round against Jurmas Uusisto.

Round 5 Fights to watch

DeVanzo vs Gutz. Gutz can move into first place with a finish of the notoriously fragile DeVanzo.

Nikitin vs Grice. Both of these fighters have had mixed results so far. A finish would go a long way towards getting out of the middle of the EPL pack.

Boris made it out of the fight w/ low enough injuries and cuts that it won't affect my game-planning this week which was really our only goal this round. A lucky KO would've been great and we obviously would've welcomed that outcome but not having to worry about every shot opening up his cut even more moving forward was our #1 priority in that fight.

I liked the 10 point must for one round gives u an idea of how well you did

I went over to it because I dont think it makes a difference in the one round fights and I didnt want the undercard fights to have a different ruleset then the org usually uses. Two draws today, makes me kind of wish I had went with three three minute rounds. But that would be death to grapplers i think.

I went over to it because I dont think it makes a difference in the one round fights and I didnt want the undercard fights to have a different ruleset then the org usually uses. Two draws today, makes me kind of wish I had went with three three minute rounds. But that would be death to grapplers i think.

Yea it's perfect now. Best competition ever

Week 5 Rundown

Week 5 saw the EPL competition really tighten up the standings. Right now, 6 of the 14 competitors are one finish victory of moving into first place. Finishes are becoming rarer as managers adjust to EPL tactics. Week 5 contained as many draws as finishes as parity reigns.

The two big winners last round, claiming 2 points, were Dickie Crash and Brandon Hale. Crash scored a huge upset with his KO headkick of Billy Beast. Crash has surged up the rankings the last two weeks with two wins after starting the tournament 0-3. Hale defeated the always exciting Bastien Harris in only 1:54. Harris had come into the fight suffering an injury but reports that he is injury free and ready to go for week 6.

The DeVanzo/Gutz and Nikitin/Grice fights both were ruled a draw after ten minutes of hard fighting. Gutz surprised DeVanzo with an early takedown, but failed to take advantage of it. Despite having an advantage standing in the fight, DeVanzo shot in for a ill timed TD attempt and was countered and rocked by a beautiful flying knee from Gutz. Gutz was unable to capitalize, as DeVanzo was able to recover quickly and survive to score a draw on the scorecard.

Nikitin and Grice had a long grinding grapple fest. Neither fighter was able to assert dominance in any facet of the fight. Grice edged out the striking and Nikitin was a little more effective as a grappler. It was a real hard fight to judge as all three judges scored the fight differently.

Tantalus Flay was able to use his solid boxing game and smothering top control to dominate Hilton Teimosa in a one sided affair.

Aznar Thrul was able to control Uusisto and use some dirty gnp to win a onesided victory over the veteran.

Boris Gregorsvitiji handed Justin Hall a Muay Thai lesson in their fight as he won a lopsided victory over the winless fighter.

Fights to watch in round 6:

Flay vs Uusisto: Flay has hit his EPL stride and has put together a 3 fight win streak. Unfortunately for Flay, all have been decisions. He needs a finish to make a move up the rankings. Uusisto has held his own so far in competition, but next week may be a good opportunity to get a finish as this fight will likely end up on the ground where he is comfortable.

Beast vs Gregorsivitiji: Doubt might be seeping in for Billy Beast. After losing his first two, he scored back to back victories but ran into a Dickie Crash headkick to end his night in week 5. A matchup vs EPL veteran Boris is not anyones idea of an easy bounce back fight. The matchup favors Beast, but the mental aspects of EPL may be a factor for the less proven fighter.

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13866819271700.jpg

Bastien Harris

" My injuries may or may not have been a factor in my last two bouts, im not gonna make a excuse i simply got Destroyed both times. I feel great though going into my fight tomorrow, with one of my long time friends Dickie Crash. We are gonna put on a show for the fans, but one of us is gonna be knocked the Hell out unfortunately."

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14410618345782.jpg

Alexandr "Mean Machine " Nikitin angry pissed off buzz/tweet

What the hell does a ground fighter have to do to win a decision?Wow the judges scoring is so screwed up and the stupid ref stand-ups in protest after the EPL tournament is finish i will no longer be competing in mma till the rules or fair on ground fighters.Please retweet and rerash groundgameisbroken to finally get this issue fixed

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14410618345782.jpg

Alexandr "Mean Machine " Nikitin angry pissed off buzz/tweet

What the hell does a ground fighter have to do to win a decision?Wow the judges scoring is so screwed up and the stupid ref stand-ups in protest after the EPL tournament is finish i will no longer be competing in mma till the rules or fair on ground fighters.Please retweet and rerash groundgameisbroken to finally get this issue fixed

Well you could successfully land 1 offensive attack for starters...